IGNORED

Raquel Strikes Again

dripcurl

One of her stories that I saw this morning said something about her 10-year-old cousin doing her makeup.  That plus the plethora of restaurant food photos. 

• Upvote 2

I sincerely hope she has permission from her employer to post the children's photos on social media. I, for one, would be extremely pissed if my nanny posted my kids on a public account. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I sincerely hope she has permission from her employer to post the children's photos on social media. I, for one, would be extremely pissed if my nanny posted my kids on a public account. 

She's not the nanny. I actually saw her earlier today, so she's back home, working her barista job. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

On 9/17/2018 at 12:28 PM, Palimpsest said:

And how.  I think Raquel is a conceited facile little fool but I hope she's not pulled into the Bethel Redding mess.  Miraculous healing, clouds of glitter, and all.

I usually find Bruce Gerencser reliable.  He thinks Bethel Redding is dangerous.

https://brucegerencser.net/2016/02/bethel-redding-dangerous-evangelical-cult/

(Scroll down the article to the video link at the bottom for a veritable clash of the titans.  An earnest Fundie trying to save from false conversion a laughing hyena of a Bethel Redding convert flying high on God's love.)

Jesus, that bit about "Every Sunday, children gather together at Bethel and recite the Bethel Kids Declaration" reminds me of that video from inside the Kingston Clan's services that was on Escaping Polygamy, when kids, some that looked to be as young as six or seven, got up and all recited the same damn thing, down to “Brother Paul is the man on the watchtower."

It was incredibly creepy to watch on that show, and it feels incredibly creepy to read about it at Bethel Redding. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Posting a random photo of my doggos (not sleepy here) so that I stop scrolling over dick on tapatalk's homepage.ac74f667fc80f9ab9aabd4b01299ff83.jpg&key=db5c1b5151f48ecfc6276978a8919120f0c89209c6673ebeef6e5c7cbf34ae99

ETA ugh, it is still doing it. Mods can you help? It's showing a graphic pic that Raquel posted as the front cover for the thread

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

@sleepy_doggos - not sure where or what the problem is.

I'm seeing the same posts on both desktop & Tapatalk-which-sucks, and there's no graphic, just your photo of the dogs.

Perhaps things were corrected? Send us mods a PM if there's still a problem.

[mention=25389]sleepy_doggos[/mention] - not sure where or what the problem is.
I'm seeing the same posts on both desktop & Tapatalk-which-sucks, and there's no graphic, just your photo of the dogs.
Perhaps things were corrected? Send us mods a PM if there's still a problem.
@hoipolloi thank you for checking! I forgot to tag any mods. I haven't scrolled over it again but will let you know. @anonymousguest thanks as well
  • Upvote 1

Thank you for the doggos!! I hated seeing the other pic while scrolling on tapa talk! [emoji3526]

• Love 1

So the goal of the church is to make Jesus famous. Isn't Jesus already pretty famous? Jesus never had a goal of being famous, why do they think he would want His followers to have that goal? Jesus was running bad folks out of church, healing folks and helping the poor. "I want to be famous" wasn't really His thing. 

It is funny, this church clearly is trying to paint itself as different than traditional churches but if you go to what they believe it is exactly like most traditional evangelical churches. 

~Bible is literally the word of God with no errors.

~they believe in the Trinity

~they believe the Holy Spirit lives in believers to convict them of sin or comfort them. 

~they believe in people being born sinful and condemned to hell

~they believe in praying the sinner's prayer to get saved

~they believe converts must spread to news to create more converts

~they believe in a literal rapture where Jesus will eventually form His new kingdom on Earth after all the bad folks get sent to hell. 

~if you aren't Christian you are spending an eternity being tortured in hell. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

https://thoughtcatalog.com/raquel-z-duarte/2018/10/dont-date-an-aries-woman-unless-you-can-do-these-18-things/

Basically it is Raquel describing how she thinks she is super special and guys need to put up with however she acts because she is just that amazing.

. She doesn’t go with the flow. If someone tries to put her in a box, she will break out of it and show that she’s nothing like what you pinned her down as. She has her own identity, her own story, and she is shameless of it. Don’t try to make her fit your idea of perfection. Accept her for who she is, sit back and enjoy the unapologetic magic.

It’s rare for her to meet someone who can handle her opinionated self and not take it personally. Patiently call her out on her unintended rudeness.

When it comes to anything negative that happens in her life, she processes them quickly and efficiently, and then lets them go. She doesn’t hold onto guilt from the bad choices she’s made, and she doesn’t think about them all the time.

Like that time Raquel had a meltdown because one of her friends said she liked a boy and Raquel insisted that her parents meet with the girl's parents to demand an apology because Raquel was so pure she wouldn't even think of having a crush. And later Raquel admits she was sexting guys at that point while pretending to be too pure for crushes, but I bet she has never apologized. 

She’s the one with the crazy ideas, the unintentional life of the party, the discoverer of the unknown.

her personality is all flames and excitement. She is fearless. And she’ll always leave you feeling more, becoming more, and wanting more.

Be prepared for commitment

Yes, there’s the dating stage, but an Aries woman knows what she wants and if she looks for it and finds it in you, then she’ll want to have an intentional relationship from then on. If you get cold feet or make up stupid excuses (and yes, “We haven’t known each other for very long” counts), then you’ll lose her

We barely know each other is a very good reason to not commit! Raquel wants a guy to say he is up for marriage the moment she decides she wants to marry him. No wonder she struggles to make relationships work. 

But be aware that if you let her go, you’ll never forget her.

She always says some version of this when a guy breaks up with her. They might remember her but it is because it is that time they dated the overly attached person who demanded they commit to marriage after a couple of dates. 

This is all just another variation of all the other things she has written about how special she to be in a relationship with.  

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 5

Don’t Date An Aries Woman Unless You Can Do These 18 Things

Be it the way she talks or just her self-confidence, Aries are known for being the most courageous sign in the zodiac. 

Wait, we're into horoscopes now? I thought Jesus was against that sort of pagan stuff.

They will emit their bravery throughout all areas of life, including relationships.

That's better than emitting body odor.

She’ll do anything to make you two work, including agreeing to reasonable compromises. It doesn’t matter how dark or bumpy the road is, she’ll brave a storm to reach you. 

Wait, if Aries women are so much into compromises why do we need a story about, "don't date an Aries woman unless you're prepared to do whatever she wants"? . 

Accept her for who she is, sit back and enjoy the unapologetic magic.

Because I'm special.

2. Accept her honesty and bluntness

Because she will say whatever is on her mind. She can be inconsiderate of others’ feelings sometimes, but always apologizes if she knows she’s offended someone. It’s rare for her to meet someone who can handle her opinionated self and not take it personally. Patiently call her out on her unintended rudeness.

I have no people skills and I'm proud of it.

3. Let go of her past and look beyond her imperfections

Because she already has. When it comes to anything negative that happens in her life, she processes them quickly and efficiently, and then lets them go. She doesn’t hold onto guilt from the bad choices she’s made, and she doesn’t think about them all the time. She recognizes that every human has faults and flaws — including you — but she won’t focus on the bad. She thrives on loving the good in herself and in others.

Refusing to learn from past mistakes is a virtue now.

Not only is she down for adventures, but she’s down for spontaneous, impulsive adventures. She’ll either look for them, they’ll find her, or she’ll make random outings into adventures. She’s all about creating memories. She’s the one with the crazy ideas, the unintentional life of the party, the discoverer of the unknown. Be willing to experience life with her, or at least give her the space she needs to experience it. You can encourage her passion from a distance, but don’t ever try to hold her back from living her daily life to the fullest. The Aries hates being bored — or better yet, the word “bored” doesn’t exist in her vocabulary. She is always wanting to change and grow and mature. And it’s all an adventure to her.

Aries women are also very cool because they're able to use words that don't exist in their vocabulary twice in a single sentence.  And I agree, growing up and maturing is all about getting mad if things are boring sometimes.

10. Appreciate her deep thinking

Aries are far from shallow. She may always seem to live in the moment, but it doesn’t mean her brain is at rest while her body is living. She is always thinking, always analyzing, always wondering, always dreaming. She is not only a great conversationalist, but you may be surprised at her way with words. She brings a new perspective on life. Don’t be surprised if the way you start to see things changes after spending some time with her.

Another cool thing about Aries women is that sometimes they have a very high opinion of their own amazing intellect.

Apropos of nothing, this post already exists on thoughtcatalog

https://thoughtcatalog.com/holly-riordan/2017/06/never-fall-in-love-with-an-aries/?utm_campaign=related&utm_source=thoughtcatalog&utm_term=holly-riordan

Yes, there’s the dating stage, but an Aries woman knows what she wants and if she looks for it and finds it in you, then she’ll want to have an intentional relationship from then on. If you get cold feet or make up stupid excuses (and yes, “We haven’t known each other for very long” counts), then you’ll lose her.

Editor's note: When we said we're prepared to do anything to make a relationship work, including  reasonable compromises, what we really meant was,  "my way, straight away,  or the highway, straight away." 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Wait—so she copied the concept, format, and message of another article on the SAME SITE? It’s not direct plagiarism, because it uses different words, but the meaning of those words is roughly the same. Raquel’s version isn’t extending or commenting on or parodying or contradicting the original; it’s just...saying sort of the same stuff with different words. Which is still, to my understanding, a form of plagiarism.

I just don’t understand why. Where is the satisfaction in that? Much of the pleasure of writing is in exercising one’s own voice, and discovering one’s own views.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Wait—so she copied the concept, format, and message of another article on the SAME SITE? It’s not direct plagiarism, because it uses different words, but the meaning of those words is roughly the same. Raquel’s version isn’t extending or commenting on or parodying or contradicting the original; it’s just...saying sort of the same stuff with different words. Which is still, to my understanding, a form of plagiarism.
I just don’t understand why. Where is the satisfaction in that? Much of the pleasure of writing is in exercising one’s own voice, and discovering one’s own views.
I used to read on thought catalog! They do this pretty often. I think it's to get clicks because their stuff circulates through Facebook pretty quickly with the teens/twenties set and then needs more content to replace it. They hosted fluffy self-absorbed pieces from freelancers most of the time.
So it might be more of a site culture issue than full on plagiarism.
  • Upvote 3

She’s been into horoscopes for quite some time.  It’s the crystals that are newish.  

• Thank You 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, sleepy_doggos said:

I used to read on thought catalog! They do this pretty often. I think it's to get clicks because their stuff circulates through Facebook pretty quickly with the teens/twenties set and then needs more content to replace it. They hosted fluffy self-absorbed pieces from freelancers most of the time.
So it might be more of a site culture issue than full on plagiarism.

Ah. Thanks for the context!

But if that’s so, yikes. I understand wanting light, frequent content, but encouraging copying this closely is not great.

Also, ironic given that Raquel’s content is all about following her own unique vision ? 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, Petronella said:

Where is the satisfaction in that? Much of the pleasure of writing is in exercising one’s own voice, and discovering one’s own views.

Raquel has always just copied what she is currently reading. Her most original writing was Life's Choices. I really think that is why she never mentioned the writing class after she got a good grade on the introduce yourself paper. The teacher probably pushed her to write better and corrected her when she wrote poorly, neither things Raquel would take well. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Raquel has always just copied what she is currently reading. Her most original writing was Life's Choices. I really think that is why she never mentioned the writing class after she got a good grade on the introduce yourself paper. The teacher probably pushed her to write better and corrected her when she wrote poorly, neither things Raquel would take well. 

Life's Choices was better than Twilight (then again, so is that printed fake newspaper they put under fish and chips) so I really thought Raquel had a good shot at eventually publishing within the "glurgey Christian women's fiction" market.  Unfortunately, she hasn't improved her writing style or the technical aspects of her writing.  Her subject matter has also gotten consistently duller.  

It's baffling to me how someone can become a worse writer over time, but Raquel has somehow managed it.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Who is the audience of these "marry me because I'm awesome" thinkpieces? I can't imagine that most single young dudes are out there googling what zodiac sign they should date.

• Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

Who is the audience of these "marry me because I'm awesome" thinkpieces? I can't imagine that most single young dudes are out there googling what zodiac sign they should date.
Insecure 20 somethings and/or the buzzfeed crowd

Rapidfire commitment and instant "you're the one" attitude is a red flag for an abuser. Why am I not suprised that Raquel advocates for it?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

So buried in her stories last night (and gee - WHY was this buried in your STORIES that disappear after 24 hours?) was her 'announcement' that she had started a second Instagram account for her creativity stuff (writing, photography, and such).  I didn't swipe to follow etc - because lazy.  

• Thank You 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked, locked, unlocked and locked this topic