dripcurl

Spoiler

Screenshot_20191118-072415.thumb.jpg.c1ef67b1b94928de4b8e4f9bd5dc3130.jpg

Don't get back with a bad ex

But if you get caught in a raging fire

That one probably won't end well either

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 4

I'm really hoping she will return to her fictional stage. We must find out what happened to Xachery! 

• Rufus Bless 2

Isn’t it Xaquerie? And if it is, how the heck do I remember that, but can’t remember what I had for dinner last night?

• Haha 5
  • Love 1

Raquel has confirmed she has a man, and she walked out during her worship set at a church service after arriving late with him ? 

Spoiler

instagram story

AFAE6CA2-09CE-4109-8FB7-653540A40DDC.png

290A3C0A-3ACF-4CE2-A150-95027DD714F2.png

188E8A64-DC2A-4076-9131-71603848D33D.png

Edited by dripcurl
  • WTF 3

1 hour ago, Flossie said:

It's amazing how she's always so impressed with herself.

It really is. She truly, truly seems to believe she is the most amazing person out there. 

• Upvote 3

Some time ago she wrote a post to explain why she didn't go to church on a Sunday (she went on a worshipful hike or something). Now she wrote to explain why she left early.  Is her church very controlling regarding attendance?

11 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Is her church very controlling regarding attendance?

I'm not sure, she seems to go to one of those trendy rock show sort of churches. I always assume it is because she has to come up with profound reasons she does stuff everyone else does. 

• Upvote 4

But, guuuyyyys, she posted about how the Spirit chided her, and she listened (wait, did she post anything about changing her ways due to this chiding? Anyway  . . . ). You're just meanies who don't understand what a good Christian and deep, pretty girl Raquel is.

:56247995bedbc_PoutG: We don't have thumb-sucking or foot-stamping emojis?! Why not?! I need a thumb-sucking emoji (and possibly an Oompa-Loompa!) NOW!

• Haha 6

I'm assuming her essential oil business went no where since her private group only has two members and I bet one is Raquel and one is her mom. 

• Upvote 3

She's probably explaining because someone who knows her in real life and goes to church with her follows her on social media - hence the weird explaining.  

• Upvote 2

I confess, I’m a tiny bit tempted to visit that church and see what she’s like in person, but not enough to overcome the toxic shock syndrome I get from churches nowadays. And eh, who am I kidding, I’m too lazy anyway.

(disclaimer: I might take a peek out of curiosity if something was super close to me, and I was definitely tempted when the Rods were at the Oregon coast, but I’d never want to interact or come back here to blab about it)

• Upvote 1

Who exactly is this woman and why is she a topic here?  I still can't understand that.  She just seems like a young Christian girl trying to find her place in the world who talks about it online.  Nothing too extreme.  I may have missed something.

• Confused 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1

28 minutes ago, raspberrymint said:

Who exactly is this woman and why is she a topic here?  I still can't understand that.  She just seems like a young Christian girl trying to find her place in the world who talks about it online.  Nothing too extreme.  I may have missed something.

Like many fundies, Raquel has moved away from her more radical beliefs as they have not panned out for her.  However, she used to be very in line with many fundies we snark on here.  You can search the archives for her if you want to see how far she's come, from SAHD-hood and parent-lead courtship with an emphasis on purity and weirdly symbolic ferrets to modern Christianity with tattoos and bands and boyfriends and jobs.  Raquel is merely a trendy Christian who is 100% convicted of whatever is in style at the time.

But she was formerly far more extreme and quite preachy for a young woman with limited life experience.  Now, we just follow her to keep up with her.  Here's an old thread where Raquel, as a teenager, instructs all women not to flirt because it's mind sex or something.  That was a very popular fundie topic at the time: mental purity.

Edited by Georgiana
Changing link to be to a better thread
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

25 minutes ago, raspberrymint said:

How to describe Raquel. It is hard. We have mystical orange penis ferrets. Kicking dogs. Creating a blog about how she would not even be alone with a man while in reality she was sexting guys. She preyed on orphan boys in Peru because she tends to see all guys, even at risk young teen boys as objects to worship her. Luckily she has not gone back so I hope she is banned from that orphanage. 

Raquel changes to whatever she thinks will make her look the most "unique". Her current incarnation is an "edgy, loves crystals and cussing" Christian. 

The one constant with Raquel is that she thinks she is way better than everyone else, uses people, and then writes passive aggressive stuff about them online. Life is always all about her. She is the best Christian. They way she is doing things is the best way. And if anyone disagrees with her they are just haters of God. 

She also writes some super shitty poetry that she thinks is the best. She once took a college writing class but appears to have either dropped out of that class or just not continued it. She bragged about how the teachers were going to love her papers but then never mentioned it again. She doesn't tolerate the idea that anything she does is less than perfect. 

Raquel is very much like Jill Rod. Her plan was to be in a courtship at 16, marriage at 18 and baby at 19. Thank Rufus that did not happen because she would treat her kids just like Jill does. 

She also abused a horse "God" gave her. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3

Looking back at these old threads, it's really sweet how we thought Raquel would grow up and be embarrassed by these old blogs.  Instead, she got older, scrubbed the blogs, and changed her views...but I'm not sure she ever did a lot of the emotional maturing we normally associate with "growing up" that gives us the ability to look back and feel distinct from our past selves.  It's like Raquel is still in the same stage of emotional development and keeps scrubbing things to prevent identity conflicts.  She hasn't moved on or grown up, she's still very much in that same space she was in before, just doing things differently now.

That's kind of sad.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Ok.  I was hoping this didn't start because of some cringy things someone posted as a teenager, because I don't think that's fair, but she does sound disturbing.  

2 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

How to describe Raquel. It is hard. We have mystical orange penis ferrets. Kicking dogs. Creating a blog about how she would not even be alone with a man while in reality she was sexting guys. She preyed on orphan boys in Peru because she tends to see all guys, even at risk young teen boys as objects to worship her. Luckily she has not gone back so I hope she is banned from that orphanage. 

Raquel changes to whatever she thinks will make her look the most "unique". Her current incarnation is an "edgy, loves crystals and cussing" Christian. 

The one constant with Raquel is that she thinks she is way better than everyone else, uses people, and then writes passive aggressive stuff about them online. Life is always all about her. She is the best Christian. They way she is doing things is the best way. And if anyone disagrees with her they are just haters of God. 

Oh god, I FORGOT about the orphanage.  That was creepy then, and it's even creepier now looking back on it.  That was SO predatory and SO wrong.  My god, if the genders were reversed, Raquel would have been tarred and feathered for that.  

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 2

11 minutes ago, raspberrymint said:

Ok.  I was hoping this didn't start because of some cringy things someone posted as a teenager, because I don't think that's fair, but she does sound disturbing.  

It did all start with such a terrible anti-choice "fictional called Life's Choices. I'm not sure if it has been saved but it was awful. Her parents gave her a super shitty education but she is convinced she is a genius. 

We used to hope she was going to grow up and regret these things but she instead grew up and preyed on at risk orphans in another country. Those thread are very disturbing. 

One thing I've noticed is that Raquel is just a mean person. Like with the dog. She was mad at the owner so when they left the room she kicked their dog. Who does that?! She let her horse go without water and he was dragging the tub around wanting something to drink and she thought that was amusing. She takes great joy in trying to humiliate people who make her mad on her blog. She doesn't as much anymore but she doesn't blog as much. 

She wraps it all up in God but she just isn't a nice person. 

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked, locked, unlocked and locked this topic