IGNORED

Raquel Strikes Again

dripcurl

Nope, she's probably a downline for her mother.  This is MLM so her sales help her mother.  

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Is the t-shirt supposed to be taking a bite out of the world? Destroying the world because everything is all about me is the most Raquel thing ever, but what an odd t-shirt to make. 

Or is the world formed from someone's drool? Some days I wonder.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

.... Her mom (who is, remember, her upline and will benefit from her sales) left a review on her "business" FB page. Biased much?

Spoiler

image.png.8f87b68c60205c6765a31026ba744093.png

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

I'm actually surprised the oil thing is still going strong enough to recruit in new people. It seems like all the people I know who sold it stopped around two/three years ago. They then through Plexus, ItWorks, Monat, cheap jewelry, and those things for your nails. 

I still have some of the oil samples I got from their essential oil stage. And a bar of soap, which smells bad so we never used it but I never tossed it either. I guess I'm saving it if there is ever a soap emergency. 

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I'm actually surprised the oil thing is still going strong enough to recruit in new people.

It is someone established recruiting her own child, so no idea how much recruitment potential there is in general. I wonder if they're trying to hit the GenZ/young Millenial crowd who would have been too young the last go around. Because that's the only way Raquel isn't pulling from her mom's customers.

Edited by Terrie
  • Upvote 3

On my facebook feed, I have 1 extended family member shilling YL.  (homeschooling, home birth, natural everything, anti-vaxxer).  1 coworker shilling Younique.  A friend shilling Monet.  another friend shilling cheap jewelry but I'll give her props for having a second account where most of that goes.  and a few people lately who have fallen into Plexis but I haven't seen much from them -- yet.  

• Upvote 2

I'm just grateful the Lularoe thing seems to have faded into oblivion. I had nieces selling that stuff, and it was hard to say no (but I did!). I've also noticed that a friend of mine who was selling Younique for awhile has very quietly tiptoed away from that one; I just hope she didn't lose too much money.  A relative by marriage is now selling DoTerra (I think--it might be YL), but we're not friends on FB so I don't get hounded about it. She doesn't like me, and I don't like her, so the odds are good she won't be friending me, thankfully. LOL.

• Upvote 3

I left out one! Hello Pink. I have one person selling it. 

2 hours ago, Terrie said:

It is someone established recruiting her own child, so no idea how much recruitment potential there is in general. I wonder if they're trying to hit the GenZ/young Millenial crowd who would have been too young the last go around. Because that's the only way Raquel isn't pulling from her mom's customers.

Especially since she has moved home so she would be trying to sell to the same people her mom sells to. I do't see the younger crowd going for spending a ton of money on essential oils they could buy off Amazon cheaper, but I could be wrong. She doesn't seem to be getting a lot of interest. Her closed FB group Oilers of Eminence only has two members and I bet one is her mom. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

So basically Raquel had a bad boyfriend in 2018.

Or maybe he just wasn't all about her all the time.  It's hard to know.

• Upvote 6

Raquel's latest blog entry: http://www.itsjustraquel.com/2019/08/reclaiming-myself-through-restoration.html?m=1

Glad to see she's working with a therapist. Hope it's an actually qualified one and not someone through her church or anything like that. I think it could do her a lot of good if she's willing to let the therapist help her gain some much needed perspective on her life and how she interacts with other people. But Raquel will only benefit to the extent she's wiling to change.

In 2018, I experienced anxiety attacks for the first time in my life.  Some tried to tell me that it was because I'm such an empathetic person, and with my role as a leader in my church, I was just receiving all of the spiritual attacks that everyone was experiencing. 

Um, yikes. I continue to believe that Raquel is the sort of person for whom relgiion and church is a negative. I've known people who use religion like a drug, to avoid dealing with their issues, and I see some of that in Raquel. Hence my hope her therapist is a secular one.

There's actually a seed of a decent piece in this, but it's undermined by her tendency to whitewash her life and paint it in grandeous scale. She continues to be held back by her fear of being ordinary.

Edited by Terrie
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I experienced anxiety attacks for the first time in my life.  Some tried to tell me that it was because I'm such an empathetic person, and with my role as a leader in my church, I was just receiving all of the spiritual attacks that everyone was experiencing.

That is an odd thing to tell someone. But since Raquel has gone on about how she is so empathetic that when she is in a crowded place she absorbs the emotions of others and gets overwhelmed, I wonder if this conversation was a part of a conversation where she talking about being that way. 

I hope she is at a real therapist getting real help, but since her writings haven't changed and she is still a person who only things about herself and won't tip if the waiter doesn't smile enough to meet her standards, then I'm not sure she is in real therapy or wanting to change. 

Raquel might have been in a bad relationship, it is honestly hard to tell with her. But she has shown no indication that she has learned that her views on what a relationship is like has changed. Raquel expects that she can treat a guy like shit and that he must bend over backwards to keep her happy. It is really no wonder she struggles with relationships. She has such unrealistic expectations. 

• Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Raquel expects that she can treat a guy like shit and that he must bend over backwards to keep her happy. It is really no wonder she struggles with relationships. She has such unrealistic expectations. 

She's also still posting "poetry" that goes on and on about how her love can heal people and she sees things in people others don't see. I fully believe she got involve with someone who was a user. (I believe someone who has indirect social connections to Raquel stated they were aware of the relationship and confirmed it was abusive). We have long said her poor boundaries and unrealistic standards leave her wide open for exploitation. 

She thinks her life is a story, a view encouraged by her religious beliefs. I love stories and they can teach you a lot, but she's too old to not know the difference between reality and fiction. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Wait, I'm confused. I thought I could thrive mentally and emotionally if I buy her essential oils? But now healing involves a lot of hard thinking?

As this year is drawing to a close (2020 is five months away, people!!), I am continuing to claim healing in Jesus' name.  Not only over myself, but over the lives of any and every individual who has crossed my path and shared their own painful stories with me.

I dunno, maybe let them decide if they're healed or not?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

As this year is drawing to a close (2020 is five months away, people!!)

Basic math, Raquel. I wouldn't say that a year that is only one month past the halfway point is "drawing to a close."

Better grab a slice, Raquel -- this pizza is almost gone!

image.png.aed982b7714edca897d3cc2020bfe4e2.png

• Haha 7

So the guy says they never dated, he didn't answer when Raquel called him, he made it obvious he was attempting to ignore her and she falls to the floor crying when she goes places looking for him and he isn't there? It sounds like she got obsessed with a guy, something she has a history of doing, created this world in her head where they were dating and got mad when he refused to play along with her delusions. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

On 8/21/2019 at 12:15 PM, formergothardite said:

I left out one! Hello Pink. I have one person selling it. 

Especially since she has moved home so she would be trying to sell to the same people her mom sells to. I do't see the younger crowd going for spending a ton of money on essential oils they could buy off Amazon cheaper, but I could be wrong. She doesn't seem to be getting a lot of interest. Her closed FB group Oilers of Eminence only has two members and I bet one is her mom. 

I dunno. I’m not in that crowd anymore, but I still see some of them on FB. I’ve been wondering if there’s been a recent convention or a big push from the upline to sign people up. A contest or prize, maybe? Raquel’s mom is not the only one in that downline (which, I think, descends from Stacy McDonald, iirc) who has signed up a kidult or even multiple kidults.

And remember, those fundie kids are poorly educated and ill-equipped to find decent employment.

Edited by refugee
Autocorrect
  • Upvote 2

MY LOVE

I want you to get caught in the storm

Cold, wet, and miserable

Because it will remind you of my love

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190827-172622.thumb.jpg.b7e5163bc414a7918e93d2618dcc9e8a.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

Her latest blog has me thinking that her religious background really has her into martyrdom as a mentality. In no realm does my idea of "moving on" involving constantly praying for someone who wronged me. I don't belive there's a "correct" way to forgive, or even a "correct" view on the need for forgiveness as part of healing. Personally, I think you can let go of bitterness without forgiving someone. There are people in my life I have no forgiven, but whom I just don't see the need to spend that effort and energy on. But the whole praying thing is... odd to me.

• Upvote 2

She really does have the emotional maturity of someone who is about 13. I mean, she was no aromatherapist to begin with, but who on earth in their right mind would have a consultation about their holistic healthcare with someone who posts shit like that, regardless of credentials?

My journey as a massage therapist, and using EOs myself and with others spurs me to be very diligent with proper use, but I am not trained in aromatherapy. Growing up, my family was very cautious about using it as my mother and brother were always in active homeopathic care under a doctor who has a longstanding reputation, and certain EOs can render certain homeopathic remedies useless. Even though we stayed away from them, this experience taught me how powerful they can be, and also how most store bought homeopathic products are not supper effective. 

So now, I am actually in the process of finding an experienced aromatherapist and having a consult so I am more educated about what I am doing. I have been reading more about about both YL and DoTerra are very, er, “generous”, with their suggested uses. Currently, I use a bit of YL, given to me by my fundie-lite MIL, and I use DoTerra anyway for work) and most aromatherapists online say to never apply any EOs directly to the skin, and to be extremely careful about ingesting even the “safe ones”. Naturally, YL’s “Raindrop Technique” that Raquel’s mom is now “certified” is viewed as a quite the offender to many aromatherapists, and I can enthusiastically agree even with my limited knowledge. I typically just use EOs with other people for smell only, and my boss mixes the massage oils with some EO blends, but they are heavily diluted and I always communicate with a client what they are when they request a certain kind. DoTerra has their version, AromaTouch. 

Raindrop/Aromatouch seems simply too easy to fuck up. This article is a good start for further reading http://englisharomatherapist.com/10-reasons-to-avoid-raindrop-therapy/

Allegedly, YL claims this technique realigns your spine ? How ridiculous. I will be so mad if the Duartes start marketing themselves as bodyworkers. They are not even licensed Aromatherapist.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

image.thumb.png.79ca52db7d6f2047c3bd5f8f60ad073b.png

Ahhh, there's nothing more moving than a romantic poem that includes the word "dump."

The great poets of the past missed the boat on this one. Let's see if Raquel's example can instruct them:

How do I love thee? Let me dump a list here.

My love is like a red, red rose, that's newly dumped in June.

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May, And dump them all over my lawn.

She walks in beauty, like the night

Of cloudless climes and starry skies;

And all that’s best of dark and bright

Are dumped in her aspect and her eyes.

Edited by thoughtful
Just once -- JUST ONCE -- I want to find the riffles before I post. Sheesh.
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 14
  • Love 2

16 hours ago, thoughtful said:

image.thumb.png.79ca52db7d6f2047c3bd5f8f60ad073b.png

Ahhh, there's nothing more moving than a romantic poem that includes the word "dump."

The great poets of the past missed the boat on this one. Let's see if Raquel's example can instruct them:

How do I love thee? Let me dump a list here.

My love is like a red, red rose, that's newly dumped in June.

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May, And dump them all over my lawn.

She walks in beauty, like the night

Of cloudless climes and starry skies;

And all that’s best of dark and bright

Are dumped in her aspect and her eyes.

Huh. Just noticed the word after you pointed it out. Maybe he dumped her?

• Upvote 1

Eww. As someone who despises getting wet with clothes on (although I don’t know anyone who loves it) the idea of that storm poem gives me the heebie-jeebies. Even seeing someone on TV, say, getting soaking wet in clothes makes me think “urgh how uncomfortable!” 

• Upvote 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked, locked, unlocked and locked this topic