IGNORED

Raquel Strikes Again

dripcurl

3 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Eww. As someone who despises getting wet with clothes on (although I don’t know anyone who loves it) the idea of that storm poem gives me the heebie-jeebies. Even seeing someone on TV, say, getting soaking wet in clothes makes me think “urgh how uncomfortable!” 

It's because Raquel envisions herself as Marianne in this clip...

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Hane said:

@thoughtful, thanks for dumping that on us. I’m sitting here guffawing in my car like a loon.

@Hane, you should know better than to encourage me. It leads to things like this:

It's very clear, our love is like a dump,
Come very near, and you’ll hear my heart thump!
The Facebook “likes” and the twitterverse and the Youtube that we know
May just be passing fancies and in time may go,

But oh, my dear, our love is like a dump,
Together we're going for one wild hump!
In time the Rockies may crumble, Gibraltar may tumble
They're only great big lumps,
But our love is like a dump.

Hey, at least I resisted the use of "Trump" as one of the rhymes.

• Haha 6

OIL IS THE NEW INK

join me in reaching others with the knowledge of utilizing blessings 

join me in acquiring personal goals

I need you to boost my income

if you don't come on this ride I will regret it

Spoiler

Young Living Essential Oils (@youngliving) have been a part of my life since I was 11 years old ?
For those of you who know me, you have noticed (and commented on ?) that I never wear or smell like synthetic fragrances. I also keep oils around me at all times and use them for just about everything - even in my writing. ?
The three pictured in this photo are my top favorites - Stress Away, Frankincense, and Cedarwood. Even as much as I know about their wonderful benefits, there is always more to learn!! ?
I am so thankful that I was able to attend the 2019 #YLConvention to do just that! And not only about essential oils’ incredible uses, but also on how to educate others and grow as an entrepreneur. I am proud to be a part of a company that I believe in, and that is also the WORLD’S LEADER IN ESSENTIAL OILS!!
I am looking for interested and dedicated people to join my team to reach others with the knowledge of utilizing these powerful, God-given blessings. If you wanna learn more about this opportunity, please join me in acquiring personal goals and becoming an essential oils educator.

You will regret it if you don’t come on this ride.

• Haha 5

please join me in acquiring personal goals

.... What the heck does that even mean? Is Raquel so unformed in her personal identity that she thinks people need others to help them acquire goals in life? 

• Upvote 2

grow as an entrepreneur.

You are not an entrepreneur. You are the customer. You are almost certainly losing money.

Please learn how to balance your books and the difference between net and gross profits.

Better still, go back to being in a coffee shop.

• Upvote 7

21 minutes ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Even better still, learn to take correction and get an associate's degree through your local community college. 

• Upvote 6

43 minutes ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

You are not an entrepreneur. You are the customer. You are almost certainly losing money.

Please learn how to balance your books and the difference between net and gross profits.

I recall her saying (either on the blog or on insta, can’t remember) that she hates the taste of coffee and does not drink it. Yet, she’s a serial barista. I also remember when she was a teenager or just post-high school when she would buy about 3 drinks a day, and none of them had a drop of coffee in them. That sounded nasty to me at the time and it still makes me nauseous. Obviously, it makes sense to work at a coffee shop if you are consuming insane amounts of their products, even if there is no, well, actual coffee in them. 

• Upvote 2

I worked in a coffee shop during college, despite not being a coffee drinker. One of my favorite comments about coffee is that the reason there are so many ways to make it is that we are forever searching for a way to make it taste as good as it smells. I do like the smell, even though ti's too bitter for me. The place I worked roasted and ground the beans in house, so I'd walk home sniffing my shirt going "I'm smell really good."

Edited by Terrie
  • Upvote 6

On 9/5/2019 at 11:28 AM, AmazonGrace said:

For those of you who know me, you have noticed (and commented on ?) that I never wear or smell like synthetic fragrances.

Raquel, this may be the least of many problems with your writing, but here's a tip. If you use a parenthetical phrase, check to make sure the sentence would still make sense without it: " . . . you have noticed that I never . . . " OK, so far so good.

Then, check to make sure it would work if the parenthetical phrase, minus whatever conjunction may be needed at the beginning of it, was not parenthetical: " . . .you have commented on that I never . . . " Oops!

Taking out the "on" would work, or adding "the fact" before "that" would make it clumsy but would at least make sense.

Of course, mentioning (then being coy and cutesy with a smiley face about the fact) that people have noticed and commented on your smell is a bit odd and very self-centered to begin with, but TIRWTA (this is Raquel we're talking about).

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

If people comment on your scent it usually means you wear too much of the smelly stuff.

JMOO.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

The picture of her on a MASSIVE pile of wood chips with an itty-bitty bottle of oil just makes me think "What a waste."

• Upvote 2

I'll take things that never happened for $300:

Spoiler

untamedworshipper

I had a major deja vu moment on Thursday... It was 7:30pm. As I was sitting on the sand, taking in the last couple of days spent with my family at the beach, I heard the LORD say “REMEMBER.”
I felt like something was familiar about this certain spot on the coast but I couldn’t quite pinpoint it.
Then, I looked down at my hoodie.
Then, I grabbed my phone & scrolled back in my photos to this exact day.
Then, I found an old photo...of 22 year old me, on this same beach, wearing this same hoodie, & the hat I have on is one that my sister is currently wearing.
That photo had been taken at 7:30pm on September 5, 2017.
I felt the LORD prompt me to write a letter to that Raquel of two years ago. And maybe not just her, but other individuals who need to hear this.
So here it is:
You were young, and full of life. You had such a naive, trusting spirit. You experienced a lot that year. You made mistakes. You suffered consequences. And you learned.
In the moment, it might have felt unbearable. But through that speck in time, the knowledge you gained wasn’t about guilt & shame. You didn’t receive an identity of foolish choices & bad judgement of people.
You achieved a deeper understanding of who you are called to be.. that you have a choice on who you surround yourself with.. & also who you needed to say goodbye to. It was an understanding that consequences don’t shape you. The circumstances you suffered don’t define your worth. The mistakes you made aren’t the foundation of your value. The lack of trust people had in you doesn’t mean you aren’t trustworthy. And the way you were treated isn’t an example of what you deserve...
And guess what? You are STILL young, you are STILL full of life.. yet you are wiser because of the lessons He has grown you through. And the victory of the battles He had you face two years ago are still ringing over you today. They are celebrating who you have become...& ARE becoming. Listen for them in the ocean waves. Hear them in the laughter of your family. Feel them surrounding you with triumph & love & grace. SO MUCH GRACE.
Don’t dwell on the past. Because greater is He who designs your story than the one who tries to rewrite it.

What do the bolded theys refer to? Battles? Lessons? People?

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Raquel has posted a video of tossing all of her current skincare and makeup, as she is using SavvyMinerals by Young Living only from now on. This is something she sort of claimed to do a while ago when she said that by using Young Living that she was happy she wasn’t using anything with toxins on her body. Anyway, I ran the ewg.org scores of SavvyMinerals, and while they’re rated pretty good, they still contain big offenders like Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide and Mica. These things in tiny doses are not a big deal of course, but to act like SavvyMinerals is better than other natural brands is dumb, and I bet it’s wildly overpriced.

• Upvote 4

Just to update, (I find this interesting as I am trying to clean up my own beauty routine), I found a reputable brand that is technically more pure than SavvyMinerals, Rejuva.

Just to compare, SavvyMinerals loose powder retails at $58, Rejuva: a whopping $6.

Raquel, please shut up. Most people who can use the internet will not fall for your MLM bullshit.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

On 9/10/2019 at 12:54 PM, AmazonGrace said:

I don't want you

to feel better

because of me 

Hide contents

Screenshot_20190910-194915.thumb.jpg.888ea532d69b7f832989ac00ce45ba96.jpg

What a missed opportunity! Here's my revision:

I will not let my heart be used

to make another feel unbruised.

• Haha 5

She's going to defeat demons with her words:

Spoiler

itsjustraquel

There is a certain kind of authority in speaking words of life out loud over yourself and your situations.

I think because we rely too heavily on pushing thoughts away, keeping feelings to ourselves, not letting our emotions control us, that the thought of taking a verbal, physical action like that can seem strange. But when we stop and gather our words and release them into our environment, they are brought to life.

THEY ARE WEAPONS OF VICTORY.

We have everything we need to fight against the evil in this world. We have the power to defeat the dark spirits. Imagine how different this world would be if every person who claimed to know the life-altering love of God would claim their identity as spiritual warriors and went to battle as one body?! There would be a radical awakening of empowered believers.

And I’m here for it.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

She's getting into this odd blend if new age and charismatic Christianity. Odd given her early desire for more formal styles of fundie-dom.

Also, did I miss something or did she gush all over a book on her FB, fail to mention the title or author in her description and only include a selfie where the cover if the book is both backwards and cut off?

• Upvote 3

On 9/13/2019 at 11:40 AM, AmazonGrace said:

She's going to defeat demons with her words:

Hide contents

itsjustraquel

There is a certain kind of authority in speaking words of life out loud over yourself and your situations.

I think because we rely too heavily on pushing thoughts away, keeping feelings to ourselves, not letting our emotions control us, that the thought of taking a verbal, physical action like that can seem strange. But when we stop and gather our words and release them into our environment, they are brought to life.

THEY ARE WEAPONS OF VICTORY.

We have everything we need to fight against the evil in this world. We have the power to defeat the dark spirits. Imagine how different this world would be if every person who claimed to know the life-altering love of God would claim their identity as spiritual warriors and went to battle as one body?! There would be a radical awakening of empowered believers.

And I’m here for it.

I clicked on this thinking I had clicked on the Gwen Shamblin thread and even reading this it took a second to dawn on me this was the Raquel thread. Their writing isn't that different. 

16 minutes ago, Terrie said:

Odd given her early desire for more formal styles of fundie-dom.

I really think she was only drawn to that out of a desire to present herself as special and different than everyone else. So much of Raquel's sense of self appears to be how she is so much different than everyone else, so she gravitates to belief systems that fulfill her need to feel extraordinarily unique, even if she is living a fairly ordinary life. 

• Upvote 4

Where is Raquel getting the idea that the devil can only attack one person at a time? The notion I get from the Bible is that Satan is rather busy. Wouldn't he be rather ineffective?

Spoiler

Yet how many people in the world say that “the devil is tormenting them”, when in reality, he is NOT omnipresent so to say that he (satan) is attacking several of us at the same time can not be possible. 

http://www.itsjustraquel.com/2019/09/the-power-you-already-have.html

• WTF 3

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Where is Raquel getting the idea that the devil can only attack one person at a time? The notion I get from the Bible is that Satan is rather busy. Wouldn't he be rather ineffective?

Hide contents

Yet how many people in the world say that “the devil is tormenting them”, when in reality, he is NOT omnipresent so to say that he (satan) is attacking several of us at the same time can not be possible. 

I have never thought of that before, but still - is she forgetting that demons exist? I was always taught that satan would send his demons as workers. 

• I Agree 1

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Reveal hidden contents

What I imagine happened is that Raquel was talking about a Satanic attack and got angry because someone also said they were being attacked by Satan. Raquel does not share the spotlight, so she decided that Satan can only attack one person at a time. If she was being attacked then obviously anyone else would be lying if they said they were being attacked. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked, locked, unlocked and locked this topic