IGNORED

The Royal Wedding looms ahead

Palimpsest

I'm watching William and Kate's wedding because it's there and I have wine and cheese. I don't think I actually watched it last time, because none of this seems familiar except the hats. Related: I still love Kate's dress, and had I her zillions of pounds, I would totally have worn it. 

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never gotten over the pointy boobs of Kate’s dress hence it has always been only 90% perfection to me.  It was even worse on the dress she wore to the reception. 

3 minutes ago, Letizia said:

I have never gotten over the pointy boobs of Kate’s dress hence it has always been only 90% perfection to me.  It was even worse on the dress she wore to the reception. 

I can't judge that, because my (rental) dress had some sort of fuckery that I no longer remember and I had serious boob / dress separation. That said, I still don't have her zillions of pounds. 

33 minutes ago, ShesCrafty said:

Did Guy have the privilege of riding with the queen or did the queen have the privilege of riding with Guy? :my_biggrin:

Either way, the pup is adorable!

I think we all know the answer to that. #guyistherealmvp #teamguy #jesuslovesthemall

(I will never not slip that last hashtag into posts like this. If I do, I’ve clearly been kidnapped and  desperately sending a message for help to you all. :pb_lol:)

Also, I need that Prince Philip twitter account to be real. Because I’m clearly a terrible human being. :pb_lol:

I tried to make a DIY fascinator with stuff I got at the dollar store. It's cute enough that I will have fun wearing it while I watch the wedding, but too crappy to be share on social media. I had a fight with my glue gun, and the glue gun won.

PBS it is for me, guys. Heading to bed because at 4:15a, I'll probably be barely present. I will record TLC to watch their after special. Also, if PBS goes dry, I'll flip back and forth between there and Good Morning America.

@molecule that sounds like so much fun!

I don't have all the ingredients for my breakfast. I'll have to improvise. I can only imagine what I'll end up with in the end. lol  

Right now I'm debating whether to even try to sleep for a few hours, or to just say screw it and stay up all night. My recent insomnia might just make the decision for me. In the mean time, I have to figure out what my ROYAL breakfast will be tomorrow morning. :pb_lol: I always drink English Breakfast tea anyway, so that's set. I have some chocolate digestives. Maybe some scrambled eggs and hashbrowns. WHOA BABY, I'm going all out here!!! Stop me before I get to the oatmeal!

7 hours ago, adidas said:

Apparently she always planned to walk partway down the aisle by herself and have her Dad meet her at the quire as well. Not sure how true it is, because the media is well known for making up whatever they want and claiming their proof as ‘a source’ (which could just be the person sitting at the next cubicle).

https://honey.nine.com.au/2018/05/18/19/04/royal-wedding-meghan-markle-prince-charles-aisle

For anyone needing a visual of the nave and quire there’s a diagram here, under ‘the chapel’ :

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/royal-weddings/meghan-markle-and-prince-harry-royal-wedding-breakdown-of-the-schedule/news-story/ac95721c829e83d16258ada9eaa79544

Quoting myself - it is true, she intended to meet her Dad at the same place she’ll meet prince Charles. 

In an awkward and bitter-sweet inclusion, the order of service for the royal wedding published by Kensington Palace still lists Meghan's father, Thomas Markle, as the person giving her away.

"The bride moves in procession through the Nave where she is joined by her father, Mr Thomas Markle," the official document states.

Yesterday the bride-to-be confirmed her father would not be attending after he underwent heart surgery.

13 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

In the mean time, I have to figure out what my ROYAL breakfast will be tomorrow morning. :pb_lol: I always drink English Breakfast tea anyway, so that's set. I have some chocolate digestives. Maybe some scrambled eggs and hashbrowns. WHOA BABY, I'm going all out here!!! Stop me before I get to the oatmeal!

You did really well until you said hashbrowns. My grandma would say that the carbs need to be buttered toast - white sourdough. Chuck in some baked beans and mushrooms and a breakfast sausage (chipolata) or two plus bacon and grilled tomato and you’re there.

And now I’m hungry lol

7663AC08-EA40-4A5B-AF85-223850EDC898.thumb.jpeg.60df54024da4ceaebf104b9c10386e4b.jpeg

So my twin brother (and I think a good chunk of schools around here) is graduating, so I was low key going to be that person at his ceremony with my ipad streaming it silently. Then they just announced since we've been hit with rain for a while this week and this weekend it's limited indoor seating (so my parents are going only). The rest of us are heading over luckily around 10:30/11 so when it's close to being done so I'm going to probably wake up around 8ish? While more than likely dozing off and attempting to do homework and switch between his live stream of graduation and the wedding (blessed that his school is literally down the street!).

I can't believe I'm actually going to wake up at 5 to watch this but here we go.

Anyways, if this doesn't happen tomorrow, I will be sorely disappointed :pb_lol:

I love the internet. 

Happy Watching FJ. 

I'm not sure what time I'll get up but I will definitely be watching tomorrow. Prince Harry was one of my crushes way back when I was a teenager and I'm excited to see him get married.

After seeing the posted TV schedules, I'm kicking myself for not checking into the coverage options earlier. I'd much rather be in my pajamas watching it at my place than hauling my tired self over to my parents' house to watch like I promised I'd do.

One chanel here in Australia is already showing live coverage from the UK.

So far we've had a woman near the church, some people near Windsor Castle and a live cross to a bar in Los Angeles that's showing the wedding "because Meghan is also from Los Angeles"

It's going to be a long evening 

I was supposed to be working all day today so would have missed the wedding. However, I have somehow managed to pick up a really bad flu (it’s May, like seriously immune system?) so I’m bed bound and off work. I’m not thrilled about how sick I am, but I’m not entirely mad either because now I get to watch the wedding in real time rather than a recording :pb_lol:. I could be doing without the fever and chills though 

The titles have been announced, Prince Harry will be the Duke of Sussex, Earl of Dumbarton and Baron Kilkeel. After marriage Meghan will be the Duchess of Sussex

16 minutes ago, Ais said:

The titles have been announced, Prince Harry will be the Duke of Sussex, Earl of Dumbarton and Baron Kilkeel. After marriage Meghan will be the Duchess of Sussex

I just came to post about that.

I'm gonna be watching the CNN broadcast, it's what my parents picked out. I'm liking the coverage. Hoping I can stay awake, I haven't been to sleep yet.

@Sky with diamonds I'm watching on BBC. I have to admit I spent longer than I should wondering why he got an English, Scottish and Northern Irish title but not a Welsh one. I'm assuming it's because he is already Prince Henry of Wales :brainfart:

16 minutes ago, Ais said:

@Sky with diamonds I'm watching on BBC. I have to admit I spent longer than I should wondering why he got an English, Scottish and Northern Irish title but not a Welsh one. I'm assuming it's because he is already Prince Henry of Wales :brainfart:

Traditionally, an English, Scottish and Northern Irish title is given. Welsh isn’t included, no idea why. 

William is Duke of Cambridge, Earl of Strathearn, and Baron Carrickfergus. 

Charles is Prince of Wales, Earl of Chester, Duke of Cornwall, Duke of Rothesay, Earl of Carrick, Baron of Renfrew, Lord of the Isles and Prince and Great Steward of Scotland.

Andrew is , Duke of York, Earl of Inverness, Baron Killyleagh

Edward is the Earl of Wessex (not sure if he has others) but he will be the Duke of Edinburgh when his father dies 

ETA: Once married Harry will no longer be Prince of Wales, as that title is reserved for the first in line to the throne only. It’s only given to the children as a place holder until they get their own title 

Stupid question time...how long will the ceremony be? :my_blush:

Someone named George the Poet is on PBS explaining what love is while pictures of Harry and Meghan are shown. I have no idea what this is or why PBS started so early but I'm here! Checking in. :562479514c500_32(1):

ETA: Meghan Markle is being credited as an actress and a humanitarian.

Thank you @BlessaYourHeart, I knew Williams titles so I'm not sure why I've never noticed Wales missing before? Even more annoyingly I knew that he would lose the "of Wales" title when he married and still made the leap lol my brain definitely does not function before 3 cups of tea! 

I hope your flu passes quickly, I had it for the entire month of December and could barely move, get well soon x

Up since 2 a.m. (it's 5.30 here) thanks to indigestion, spend the last hours throwing up (yay me!), in the other hand i'm up watching BBC already.

Can't wait to see Beatrice's ridiculous hat!

We are in a great spot to watch the procession! That’s my flag you’re seeing at the top of the photo. :)

0121B40E-BC09-40FE-818E-02782A0E0F84.jpeg

Watching CNN coverage here. Hubby's CGM sensor shit out about 11pm PDT. It takes about 2 hours for the sensor and insulin pump to get their shit together...so we're up. Trying to make it 2 more hours I want to see the dress SO BAD!!! 

No sleeping meds for me tonight...gotta get up and run errands later today...

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived