IGNORED

The Royal Wedding looms ahead

Palimpsest

2 hours ago, Destiny said:

I have to teach in the morning so I'm taping BBCA. I think they are starting about then as well. I'm looking forward to coming home, getting a glass of wine and some cheese, and being SEVERELY bitchy about the hats. 

I found this searching for Princess Beatrice's hat and thought I'd save it for you at just the right time. :pb_lol:

4711988.jpg

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TatiFish9 said:

They've checked in (probably hours ago)!

Markle and her mother have arrived at their hotel.

People picked up the story

101011.png

Doria is just as gorgeous as her daughter. I hope tomorrow turns out to be a really lovely and special day for the couple and their families.

(And that the York sisters wear even more fantastically over the top fascinators. Go big or go home ladies!)

I could never be a royal. Those heels on cobblestones? I'd have the paps getting pics of me on my face every damn week and it would be bad. I trip over my own damn feet on stable ground in tennis shoes on the regular.

That picture is GOLD @ViolaSebastian!

Edit: my habit of saying fuck a lot might also be a problem. Also, the fact that I don't like people. 

I plan on getting up at 3:45 am ha. I should probably go to bed early but I'll probably go to sleep around 11. I work Saturday night so I suspect a nap will be in order for me!

Speaking of the York sisters, I'm super curious what Eugenie's wedding dress will look like, and what Beatrice will wear to her sister's wedding. 

Hmmm, I'm just going to leave this here ...

[I don't remember how to re-size an image ... brace yourself, it's big & it is scary

Spoiler

image-title8.thumb.png.3f1c5d583eb9f57ba50ec68661253861.png

3 hours ago, Destiny said:

This is the most important part. Not gonna lie, I'm totally looking forward to seeing what those two offer me in terms of hat snark. 

I fully expect you to be live blogging your hat commentary please. 

I’m not sure entirely, but I have a suspicion that *maybe* Beatrice and Eugenie’s hats might not be as wacky this time around, considering how much weird attention the hats got last time around. Of course they might go one better this time (if that’s at all possible) but IDK.

26 minutes ago, Blahblah said:

I fully expect you to be live blogging your hat commentary please. 

I won't be watching til long after the wedding is done, but since I think I'm hilarious, I'll send you a couple. :-P

4 hours ago, singsingsing said:

And if any of ya'll live close enough to Canada to pick up CBC over the air, their coverage is starting at 4 a.m. eastern. :pb_lol: Actually, I'm sure they'll be streaming it on Facebook, too, so really anyone anywhere could tune in. So if you want to be a totally hardcore royal watcher tomorrow, CBC might be the next best thing to actually being there in person.

This is what I'm hoping to do. Where is the energy drinks?:coke:

12 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

People are ignorant of biology sometimes. Red hair is a recessive gene. Both parents need a copy for the possibility that a child can be born with red hair. 

I’m a redhead. Neither of my parents are. My mum hasn’t cheated on my dad with anybody. Plus I look like my dad’s side of the family anyway. There’s red hair in both my mum’s and dad’s families; not in living relatives, but it’s there somewhere I think. 

I'm a redhead, too. It is in both my mother and father's side of the family although my mother didn't have it but her brother's children do.  My husband is a redhed, his mom is too but she was the first in several generations in her family and now she has three redheaded grandchildren and one redheaded great grandchild.  My daughter is redheaded, my sister has no redheads in her children or grandchildren, our brother has brown hair but he has a redheaded granddaughter.

I think Harry is Prince Charles' son, as I've seen mentioned here - he does look more like his dad and grandfather as he gets older and also the timing is wrong for him to be Hewitt's (name?) son.

9 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Personally, I was walked down the aisle by my Dad. He and I are close despite our differences and it meant a lot to have him walk with me. It also helped me stay calm because I’m not really comfortable being the center of attention. Having him with me meant I could pretend everyone was watching him instead of me. :pb_lol: We had fun with it though - we joked the entire time and we have a great photo of him laughing while I stuck my tongue out at my college roommate. Neither of us are serious people and we like to goof off, so it worked for us.

It will always be one of my favorite memories, that walk with my dad.  He was actually more nervous than I was, but it was such a sweet moment.  He was a joker and he was teasing my under his breath all the way up the aisle, he had a prosthetic foot (WWII injury) and he was trying to convince me the whole way that his foot wasn't working, etc.

I'm so excited the wedding is almost upon us! Sad to report that there has been a shocking lack of wedding themed merch and foods available. Honestly, compared to Wills and Kate there is almost zero hype (in this part of the country). There has been excessive TV coverage of Windsor and a million shows about Meghan and Harry. 

Who else will be watching live? If y'all want updates let me know! 

6 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Especially kids with red hair. Redheads have been the subject of nastiness for centuries in Britain.

Not just Britain, but at least in the US it was mainly verbal teasing.

Also, with the Viking ancestry in many redheads I wonder if that has a lot to do with the feelings toward us in Britain's history?

15 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Thank Rufus Trump won't be there to embarrass America.

Don't worry, I'm sure he'll find a way somehow. :?

This one from a fake account made me laugh:

13 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Saw Weird Harry and Some third rate Actressnamed Megan got married today. Wasn't invited. Sad. Bad Ratings! #MAGA

I wrote it for him. ;)

The terrible typing was intentional, not me being incapable of speaking English, and I do know that Meghan has an H.

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I’m not sure entirely, but I have a suspicion that *maybe* Beatrice and Eugenie’s hats might not be as wacky this time around, considering how much weird attention the hats got last time around. Of course they might go one better this time (if that’s at all possible) but IDK.

Beatrice auctioned her hat off for charity, I don't think she minded that attention. 

53 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Sadly true.

I'm sharing this because it amuses me to no end. Guy the Beagle, one of Meghan's dogs, was spotted riding in a chauffeur-driven car with none other than the Queen herself. Guy has hit the dog big-time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5745765/Fans-spot-Queen-Meghan-Markles-dog.html

7 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I'm sharing this because it amuses me to no end. Guy the Beagle, one of Meghan's dogs, was spotted riding in a chauffeur-driven car with none other than the Queen herself. Guy has hit the dog big-time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5745765/Fans-spot-Queen-Meghan-Markles-dog.html

Did Guy have the privilege of riding with the queen or did the queen have the privilege of riding with Guy? :my_biggrin:

Either way, the pup is adorable!

4 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Speaking of the York sisters, I'm super curious what Eugenie's wedding dress will look like, and what Beatrice will wear to her sister's wedding. 

I really really hope Eugenie wears Vivienne Westwood when she gets married. She has worn dresses by her a few times and they compliment her figure so well!

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived