IGNORED

Seriously, Steve?

Palimpsest

9 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

The Maxwell Leavenworth Penitentiary inmates could leave at any time if they wanted to but they've independently chosen not to ?

I think that would depend on whether or not they have their own money.

Choosing freedom is one thing, choosing homelessness is another.  But at some point it's absolutely a choice so...I'm back to it's so complicated.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I see Chelsy's family have been out campaigning for a female Republican candidate today-- I see from her  campaign pics she is a pants wearing hussy.

Do you Steve-o would ever be willing to vote for a woman in any race? 

• Thank You 2

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I see Chelsy's family have been out campaigning for a female Republican candidate today-- I see from her  campaign pics she is a pants wearing hussy.

Do you Steve-o would ever be willing to vote for a woman in any race? 

Poor Sarah did say they thought Ted Cruz picking Carly Fiorna was a "wise strategic choice"  https://blog.titus2.com/2016/05/02/indiana-homeschoolers-please-vote-for-cruz-on-may-3rd/

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 1

I'd like for the Bontragers to know that I DID vote my values today: those of inclusion and tolerance, honoring refugees andimmigrants, respecting the poor, minorities and women, knowing that we have to treat our home on Earth well, loving science, the arts and education, knowing that it's way past time for us to do something about gun violence, and knowing that health care for all is a human value.  Those are my values.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 19

52 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I'd like for the Bontragers to know that I DID vote my values today: those of inclusion and tolerance, honoring refugees andimmigrants, respecting the poor, minorities and women, knowing that we have to treat our home on Earth well, loving science, the arts and education, knowing that it's way past time for us to do something about gun violence, and knowing that health care for all is a human value.  Those are my values.

I wish I lived where you live so I had options of candidates who stood for those things.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

I had to take a break from Stevehovah because I was (as Sarah would say) crazy busy in October.  I have a life (although Steve would doubt that), work I enjoy, and a brother I love who came to visit.  Take that, Sarah.

I think his other idiotic posts have been covered very nicely, thanks, but this amused me.

MY HEART CONVICTED ME

From October 17, 2018.  It sounds like a song title.  Perhaps to the tune of "My eyes adored you" ...

I'm always amused by the Fundie arcane use of the word convicted instead of "convinced." And I think that if Steve reaches the Pearly Gates (that I don't believe in) he might be astonished to be convicted of his sins and assigned to the Burning Fires of HELL ( I don't believe in that either.) 

St Peter to Steve:  "You do understand, Mr Maxwell, that in Heaven we enjoy having a lot of FUN, wine, FORNICATION, beef in our burritos, and adore watching the BEAST?   The express elevator over there goes down to the other place.  It is a much better fit for your type and a whole lot warmer." 

And his latest oeuvre:

WHAT’S YOUR NAME?

This was posted on November 7, 2018 by Steve Maxwell.

If your name described you, what would it be?

• Head-in-the-Sand Randy: Other things have his interest not his family. 
  • Fun-Loving Freddy: Life’s a lark. There are more fun things to do than there is time.
  • Daring Dan: No risk is too great as long as there is a huge hit of dopamine.
  • Entertainment-Loving Ed: Work’s a drag so why bother. 
  • Angry Arnold: Everything makes him mad. 
  • Lazy Larry: “Hey, where’s the remote?”
  • Victim Victor: If it goes wrong, it wasn’t his fault. 
  • Christian: A follower of the Lord Jesus Christ.

“And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him” (Colossians 3:17).

::Waves hand in air::  

Oh, oh, oh, ask me, sir!  I'll be "Fed Up with Fucked Up Fundamentalists Like Steve." 

And now I have a Frankie Valli earworm.

♪ ♫  ♪ ♫

Stevie, Stevie baby
Stevie, Stevie baby

Stevie baby (Stevie baby) baby (Stevie baby)
Stevie will you shut up, alright?
(Shut up, shut up, shut up, alright!)
Stevie baby (Stevie baby)
Stevie will you shut up, alright?

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Haha 5
  • Love 3

@Palimpsest, masterfully (or is it mistressfully?) done! EVERYONE who isn’t a certified Steve Maxwell Christian (TM) is a lazy, useless sack of $#!+.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I had to take a break from Stevehovah because I was (as Sarah would say) crazy busy in October.  I have a life (although Steve would doubt that), work I enjoy, and a brother I love who came to visit.  Take that, Sarah. 

To quote Sarah, "Imagine that, siblings who like spending time together!"

Because no one but the Maxwells enjoy spending time with siblings, don't ya know.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8
  • Love 2

On 11/7/2018 at 5:17 PM, kpmom said:

To quote Sarah, "Imagine that, siblings who like spending time together!"

Because no one but the Maxwells enjoy spending time with siblings, don't ya know.

Pretty much any time my sister and I do something together, I think of Sarah's "Imagine That" and silently say "Take That"!

We have the relationship we have because we choose it. We like each other - we even, gasp! - love each other! 

Even though we haven't lived together in over 30 years. Even though we currently live about 25 miles apart and have lives separate and different from each other. 

Kind of like most non-Maxwellian (fundie) siblings. What's more, we have seriously disagreed with each other and fought and avoided each other and gone periods of time not talking to each other. Because we are individual people and that kind of stuff happens with people who have minds and lives of their own. 

In a way I feel bad that no Maxwell kidult will ever experience something like disagreeing and making up and forgiving and accepting and agreeing to disagree and choosing relationships. It's part of the messiness that makes us human and provides growth and compassion and understanding. 

• Upvote 10

37 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Pretty much any time my sister and I do something together, I think of Sarah's "Imagine That" and silently say "Take That"!

I thought of that just this morning when my daughter stopped by to drop off my grandpuppy and woke up her brother so they could go to breakfast.  Imagine that!

• Upvote 5
  • Love 5

On 10/24/2018 at 12:02 PM, AllisonWndrland said:

I have wondered about that very thing. If all the kidults had to outline the Bible to graduate, that presumably includes the entire thing. How do they address the sexier sections? How do you explain the incest and rape? 

I'd love to know how the parental units explained  Ezekiel 23:20.  Nah, they probably whited it out.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Granwych said:

I'd love to know how the parental units explained  Ezekiel 23:20.  Nah, they probably whited it out.

I do believe even a harlot like me has gotten the vapors.

Maybe verses like that are why Steve is so literal.  You know there would be no metaphors if he wrote the bible.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

I just googled that Ezekiel verse.

BEF006DF-6161-4A62-975F-5A48BFBF79EC.jpeg.036165c3f84ba75858b9115b740c5ddc.jpeg

The KJV uses “flesh”, the NIV “genitals”. So the KJV isn’t quite as explicit. See also “issue” vs “emission”.

• Haha 7

What the hell is Steve talking about in this Seriously? I don't get it - Steve you are not good at riddles. 

Young adults are lost without it. 

Adults may have it, but often it is misguided. 

It seems rare to find the elderly with it. 

Having it gives hope. 

Money often gives it.

Sports often give it. 

Marriage proposes it. 

Death kills it. 

Jesus Christ embodies it.

What’s yours? Give it some thought until next week. 

“I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God” (Romans 12:1-2).

Steve

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On 11/10/2018 at 10:23 AM, fundiefan said:

We have the relationship we have because we choose it. We like each other - we even, gasp! - love each other! 

Even though we haven't lived together in over 30 years. Even though we currently live about 25 miles apart and have lives separate and different from each other. 

Kind of like most non-Maxwellian (fundie) siblings. What's more, we have seriously disagreed with each other and fought and avoided each other and gone periods of time not talking to each other. Because we are individual people and that kind of stuff happens with people who have minds and lives of their own. 

In a way I feel bad that no Maxwell kidult will ever experience something like disagreeing and making up and forgiving and accepting and agreeing to disagree and choosing relationships. It's part of the messiness that makes us human and provides growth and compassion and understanding. 

My sister and I are on the outs. It makes me sad, but I am both hurt and too stubborn! regardless, your post gave me hope that we'll eventually find our way around it. I'm glad you and your sister are friends even though you've gone through it all together!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 4

59 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

What the hell is Steve talking about in this Seriously? I don't get it - Steve you are not good at riddles. 

Until the Jesus thing I thought it was sex.  

Did he seriously not give an answer?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

I was still up and I read this right after he sent it - I fell asleep and had lots of weird dreams and upon waking up I thought that email was a part of it all. Steve never ceases to be nightmarish I suppose. I am guessing it is “love”. I found the sentiment about the elderly somewhat rude, but he uses rhetoric about the elderly being unwanted to leverage his church with them, even though I think he cares more about controlling his kids in that respect. What is awful is that many elderly are ignored by their families, but Steve is the type to shun family members if they don’t live exactly like him, so who is he to judge.

• Upvote 6

Is it purpose? Whatever the answer is, I'm ready to be offended. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

On 11/10/2018 at 9:04 PM, Granwych said:

This sounds both painful and messy. 

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Until the Jesus thing I thought it was sex.  

Did he seriously not give an answer?

I’m guessing “Faith”.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

I’m guessing “Faith”.

How does that work with "sports" and the final "what's yours" though? The Only True Faith (tm) is Maxwell branded Jesus Centered Christianity.  

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

I’m guessing “Faith”.

I thought that too but money doesn't give it to you and why wouldn't the elderly have it?

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

Passion?

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I thought that too but money doesn't give it to you and why wouldn't the elderly have it?

Because it's "purpose!" Obviously the elderly don't have it, if they did, they wouldn't be the group with the second highest rate of STD diagnoses. They need to pray more, the lazy bums in their assisted living homes, playing bridge, watching Maury, boning each other bareback at a rate only eclipsed by teenagers. If only Steve Maxwell with his True Christian Beliefs came in with his family to bring joy to all of the sad, lonely, pathetic, purposeless seniors, they would lead meaningful lives. Until the sweet release of death, of course. Which is welcomed when you have Steve Maxwell harassing you on a regular basis, I imagine. 

Someone really should do some sort of study regarding rate of death in the senior homes after a Maxwell visit. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

Yes, I'm going with faith too  but perhaps love. 

4 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

why wouldn't the elderly have it?

The elderly are cynics with no faith and have seen Steve's type before.  They also are unloved.  Except by Maxwells.

Many quibbles, but Steve is crafty:

Money often gives it. - False faith that you are Ok,  or love of money = root of all evil

Sports often give it.  -  Search me. False faith in your team or love of sports = false love.

Marriage proposes it.  - Both faithfulness and love.

Death kills it. -  When you are dead you don't need faith or God's love is enough.

Jesus Christ embodies it. - That should be love.  

• Upvote 5

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic