IGNORED

Baby Vuolo Is a Girl 2

Coconut Flan

With my first pregnancy I had already weaned off caffeine for other reasons, so I drank decaf and the occasional tea or soda. I made it about 3 weeks after he was born before I went back to the amazing elixir of life that is coffee. My doctor told me not to worry about cold cuts if I was going somewhere busy with made to order food, like a deli, because the turnover was high and it was likely fresh, but premade grocery store subs were not a great choice. I also chose to drink a small glass of red wine occasionally in the second half of pregnancy.

With this second pregnancy, I actually forgot about the sushi/hot dog/cold cuts recommendations until reading this thread...my OB didn’t mention anything, I’m assuming because it’s my second pregnancy. I never heard of not eating raw vegetables in a restaurant though, like someone mentioned upthread! I also like my burgers cooked medium and my egg yolks runny...you just have to do what you are personally comfortable with!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone see the In Touch article about Jeremy getting arrested years ago for confrontation with a police officer?  Does he still drink? 

No,I don't think so.I could be wrong but I think that when he turned his life around,and eventually decided to preach,and quit soccer.

16 minutes ago, melon said:

No,I don't think so.I could be wrong but I think that when he turned his life around,and eventually decided to preach,and quit soccer.

Pretty sure that's right. He chalked it up to being young and dumb. Before he got his life together

In touch are trying to make more of the incident involving Jeremy, while he should not have been disrespectful to the police officer, it is not a major crime, he is not the first or last young person to drink too much and get into trouble. He says he's learned from it and we have no evidence to suggest he hasn't. 

Jeremy is not Josh, do I still have concerns about his beliefs, yes and while he comes across as misogynistic, I don't think he is abusive to Jinger either.

On 4/24/2018 at 9:53 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

We had a Bart too. :pb_lol:  And it was funny to see this little teenage girl jump out from behind the wheel. 

Yep...my 17 yo daughter LOVES when we let her drive BART. She is insured on him, but not as the primary driver. We usually only let her drive it to work or soccer practice. Both drives she is super familiar with with BIG parking lots! Parking BART is a bitch.

2 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

In touch are trying to make more of the incident involving Jeremy, while he should not have been disrespectful to the police officer, it is not a major crime, he is not the first or last young person to drink too much and get into trouble. He says he's learned from it and we have no evidence to suggest he hasn't. 

Jeremy is not Josh, do I still have concerns about his beliefs, yes and while he comes across as misogynistic, I don't think he is abusive to Jinger either.

Yeah, I don't worry about young college age kids getting drunk and disorderly most of us were, we just didn't all get caught.  Where my brother went to college it was said if you didn't get arrested for public intox you didn't go to school there. 

We currently have three cars, which is one too many: a CR-V called Lawrence, thanks to his color (Sahara Sand metallic) and my complete ignorance of geography (the Arabian desert and the Sahara are nowhere near each other—oops); Bugsy, a VW beetle inherited from my godmother, and the Green POS, an Acura that has seen better days, but Mr Muffin hasn’t quite brought himself around to selling yet. Fingers crossed on that last one. 

6 hours ago, Irene said:

I liked her last pic, she was wearing not so much makeup.

Good for her that she has confidence do to that :)

Nahhhh, it has nothing to do with confidence. It is going to be between 88 and 97 degrees in Laredo this week. Unless you have A/C at home, drive to work with A/C, and work with A/C, makeup would melt and slide right off your face. You would have to be really committed to your craft to wear makeup in that kind of heat. 

I would never consider how much makeup a woman wears as an indicator of confidence. Some people like makeup. Some people don’t. Some people like it less when it is 97 degrees out. I love makeup, but I would never wear it in that heat. It would feel disgusting. I don’t become more confident in the summer and less confident in the winter. 

2 hours ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

I would never consider how much makeup a woman wears as an indicator of confidence. 

For Jinger I do think it’s a matter of confidence and being comfortable though. She used to wear really heavy makeup, even in the heat. 

On 4/22/2018 at 11:02 PM, frugalitymom said:

Yes and how perfect is it there is a girl soccer player with that name except we don’t know yet they will allow a girl to play soccer

It makes me sad to think the Vuolos would keep these views. I am dying to see if their child(ren) will receive homeschooling or will go to private school (because I doubt public school is an option). I think Jeremy would push for baby Mia to participate in organized sports, but you are right, only time will tell.

When I was pregnant with my first, I had a really strong aversion to sesame seeds. Of all things, the most innocuous garnish made me wretch. I constantly craved pickles.

With my second, I desperately craved roast beef and horseradish on rye, inspite of having been vegan for nearly 20 years at that point.

With  my last, I at probably 1/2 dozen gala apples every day.

Car names: my green Ford Focus is named Sprout.

3 hours ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Nahhhh, it has nothing to do with confidence. It is going to be between 88 and 97 degrees in Laredo this week. Unless you have A/C at home, drive to work with A/C, and work with A/C, makeup would melt and slide right off your face. You would have to be really committed to your craft to wear makeup in that kind of heat. 

I live where it’s those temps, and 80-100% humidity, from May-October. People still wear makeup! 

And of course, in places where this is our normal weather, there is AC everywhere. But still, I do go outside without turning into a puddle of goop, I promise. :)

Maybe Jinger is just at that point where she's pregnant and fairly busy with that, so fairly few shits are given about appearance. Pregnancy isn't an easy experience!

4 hours ago, AreYouThereGothard? said:

Bike- Mustang Sally

Corolla- Beulah, after Beulah Queen of the Universe

Corolla means "little crown" in Latin :)

Also Atara(h), another Toyota name means crown in Hebrew. 

4 hours ago, Inis Mona said:

Magnolia Vuolo. 

I think that is pretty. It is a pretty word. Maggie. 

I've never named any of my vehicles....although my dad always named ours growing up. These last few days I've been trying to come up with a clever name for mine but haven't been able to come up with anything yet! 

On 26/04/2018 at 3:23 PM, elf1590 said:

Pretty sure that's right. He chalked it up to being young and dumb. Before he got his life together

He’s lucky to be white and middle class. Many people of colour are not afforded the luxury of a second chance.

4 hours ago, Jellybean said:

He’s lucky to be white and middle class. Many people of colour are not afforded the luxury of a second chance.

This right here is why I don't think Jinger and Jeremy will get any more progressive than they already are. Jeremy has had a period of questioning in his life, and he chose to become a Conservative Christian pastor, with a submissive, uneducated (no higher education, SDRT) wife. He had a more mainstream life, and he chose rigid Christianity. He has a cool conversion story, which makes him look good to his followers. In my experience only, this is as good as he will get. I just don't see him loosening up. He preaches bigotry and hate. Sure, JinJer look good, but that's it. I don't see much potential for personal growth or open-mindedness. Jeremy is older and established in his beliefs, he has questioned and chosen. 

2 minutes ago, treehugger said:

This right here is why I don't think Jinger and Jeremy will get any more progressive than they already are. Jeremy has had a period of questioning in his life, and he chose to become a Conservative Christian pastor, with a submissive, uneducated (no higher education, SDRT) wife. He had a more mainstream life, and he chose rigid Christianity. He has a cool conversion story, which makes him look good to his followers. In my experience only, this is as good as he will get. I just don't see him loosening up. He preaches bigotry and hate. Sure, JinJer look good, but that's it. I don't see much potential for personal growth or open-mindedness. Jeremy is older and established in his beliefs, he has questioned and chosen. 

I agree I don't see him loosening up, but I at least still don't know what that means.  Where does he stand on school?  education? college for his daughter?  Even with him believing a lot of things I disagree with, he could give his kids a chance.  I just don't know. 

51 minutes ago, treehugger said:

Agreed. And this is the difference between Ben and Jeremy. Ben is still perhaps going through this searching phase, and at this point it could go either way. But Jeremy has already chosen. His worldview is set.

Archived