IGNORED

Baby Vuolo Is a Girl 2

Coconut Flan

Continued here:

The usual name thread drift has lead us to thread 2 already.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To continue the thread drift about naming cars - mine is Heinrich.

I have no idea how he acquired that name.

Mia Vuolo 

I called it first. :my_smile: I hate to admit it, but I can't wait to see Baby girl Vuolo's name. It will help me to finalize my opinion of a few things regarding this couple.

8 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

Mia Vuolo 

I called it first. :my_smile: I hate to admit it, but I can't wait to see Baby girl Vuolo's name. It will help me to finalize my opinion of a few things regarding this couple.

Yes and how perfect is it there is a girl soccer player with that name except we don’t know yet they will allow a girl to play soccer

I drive an old green 4Runner named Bruce. He is named for Bruce Wayne, Bruce Springsteen, and Robert the Bruce. Over 212,000 miles on the odometer and still going strong :)

I don't have a name for my car. But in my family we have a car that we lovingly call either the extra car or the "New York car". The reason for the second name is it's a jeep and it's a good car to be in if we are stuck in traffic. 

Will Jinger's love of coffee affect the baby?  I didn't drink it when pregnant, I was into milk chocolate. I would think caffeine is a no.  

41 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Will Jinger's love of coffee affect the baby?  I didn't drink it when pregnant, I was into milk chocolate. I would think caffeine is a no.  

I really dislike this (over) policing of women's dietary choices while pregnant.  It's not as if she's hammering back vodka shots and chain smoking. Women can drink a big coffee daily while pregnant without concern.  Obviously if caffeine is a no, then chocolate is off-limits as well.

I drive an old green 4Runner named Bruce. He is named for Bruce Wayne, Bruce Springsteen, and Robert the Bruce. Over 212,000 miles on the odometer and still going strong [emoji4]

I have an old green 4Runner too! It's named the Pumalover II. Pumalover I lived to a ripe old age and finally had to be put down when the brakes failed and I crashed it into the husband's truck in our driveway.

Also curious to see baby Vuolo's name. I grew up with a super super common name and always had at least two or three others in the same classroom. Back then I wished I had an unusual name. Now I am glad I don't.

P.S. saw the name Reignbow on FB yesterday.

2 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

A bit of caffeine is really not a problem. And I agree with the poster who said pregnant women's diet should not be overpoliced. In fact, I believe that every woman will know (or painfully find out :D) what she can or cannot consume during pregnancy.

I enjoy coffee, especially mixed with tons of milk and sugar like latte macchiato. However, I have to say that in the early stages of pregnancy the smell of coffee made me nauseated. And in the later stages of pregnancy I noticed that having coffee in any shape or form (black, with milk, with mainly milk) gives me awful heartburn and makes me feel sick the rest of the day.

Hence, I have naturally and almost automatically abstained from coffee for much of the pregnancy so far :) It's possible that the same thing happened to Jinger.

I could not tolerate coffee while pregnant and became a tea drinker.  I prefer tea to this day, 20 years later.

I also ate a bag of licorice bullets and day with my eldest, she is my junk food addict.  With my second I craved fruit and she is now my fruit addict.  Coincidence?

So help me. Thinking Jinger would DELIBERATELY harm her fetus? I drank coffee like crazy before the HG took over my life, and then I couldn't drink anything but the occasional lemonade. I drank a coffee or two a day while I was nursing GryffindorDisappointment, too. SHE'S FINE.

I ate deli meat while pregnant. My gynecologist said that as long as it was stored correctly there wasn’t any reason why I shouldn’t be able to eat it. 

I LOVED coffee before I was pregnant.  I drank 4-6 cups daily.  It was my life.  First trimester I really wasn't even interested in it.  I would drink 1/2 of my first cup and it would get cold and I would dump it out.  

Now I'm into my 3rd trimester, I have 1 cup daily, sometimes 2.  

I think the general recommendation is to stay under 200mg of caffeine a day.  So that's approx 16-20oz of brewed coffee.

My current car doesn’t have a name , but my previous car was called Daisy. She was a little red Nissan Micra, and I loved her. Yes, the engine sounded like a hair dryer, but she was super reliable, and we did tens of thousands of miles together. I believe she’s still running, though no longer with me...

7 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

It depends on the individual woman to be honest. Some women can safely consume caffeinated beverages during pregnancy. Others can’t or can’t tolerate the smell or taste. The current recommendation is no more than 200 mgs of caffeine per day.* I’m pretty sure they settled on that amount because doing studies on pregnant women can be difficult and a somewhat ethical grey area. It’s possible that caffeine is fine to have while pregnant, but not many moms are going to want to take part in a study to prove it (or something else) if there’s even a slight chance that their baby may be harmed. And some researchers may be hesitant to perform studies on pregnant women because of the uncertainty of harm being caused to the fetus.

Personally, I tried very hard to avoid caffeinated beverages my entire pregnancy (and I still mostly do because it’s a trigger for my anxiety.) Same with alcohol (not even in cooked or baked goods), cold cuts (unless they were heated up until bubbling), sushi, and some other stuff. Some of it was by my Doctor’s recommendation, but some of it was in response to the miscarriage I had suffered earlier that year. It was a way to help me feel more confident because I was doing what I felt I needed to do to keep my baby safe. That wound up working for me, but it won’t work for every woman. My only suggestion to pregnant women is to give careful thought to your Doctor’s recommendations, weigh those suggestions against your lifestyle, and then try to find a healthy balance between the two. For some women that may mean having one or two small cups of caffeinated coffee a day. If that’s the right choice for Jinger and her provider is aware of that** then I don’t see an issue. 

*This is a recommendation provided by the March of Dimes and other national organizations in the US. It’s also what I was told by my Doctors. When I’m pregnant again I fully plan on following the guidelines very closely because I’ve already had one loss and a preterm birth, both for unexplained reasons. Anything I can do to cut my risk of those happening again is going to be something I want to at least consider very carefully.

**I think being open and honest with your provider about your choices and diet is really important at any time, but especially while pregnant. They can’t provide you with the best advice or care if they aren’t on the same page as you.

4 hours ago, Percy said:

I could not tolerate coffee while pregnant and became a tea drinker.  I prefer tea to this day, 20 years later.

I also ate a bag of licorice bullets and day with my eldest, she is my junk food addict.  With my second I craved fruit and she is now my fruit addict.  Coincidence?

Isn't it odd.What we crave when we are pregnant?With my oldest I craved salty snacks,and I loved gravy.You've got it,he loves salty snacks and gravy..not combined..lol,with my second son,I loved peanut butter.I still do...I avoid buying some peanut butter,because I know...I will end up eating too much of it,by the way I love some of ones by Peanut Butter and Company...Dark Chocolate Dreams etc,and with my youngest son,I craved pickles,Slim JIms(not crazy about them now...I feel like I'm chewing on fat...lol) and Marshmallow or Moon Pies( now they're too sweet).

My grandmother told me for her,and I do not condone this,that she smoked and drank,I have no idea how much...while pregnant.She thought I positively had a screw loose,when she asked about my doctors advice on my weight gain.She said her doctor told her,in 1930...she should gain about 20lbs.My doctor,1980...said about 25-30lbs.She was horrified and told me I'd be fat,and better"get that weight off".I did gain too much with my first son,and I,eventually lost the weight.But,with my two other sons,I gained 33 lbs both times,and by my 6 week checkup was back to my pre- pregnancy weight.

Weight can be individual,too.

I never cut back my Diet Coke habit when I was pregnant. Continued to eat deli meat too. I did give up raw milk cheeses, sushi and avoided alcohol, but that was it. I was/am a larger woman, and never gained more than 10 pounds with any of my three pregnancies. I had awful all day sickness for the first trimester for my first and third that I wound up losing 15 pounds each time, and had a negative net weight gain for those pregnancies. I craved oranges, salsa and spicy foods for my pregnancies, even though I'd get horrible heartburn EVERY TIME I gave in and ate them.

I was stricter with myself last pregnancy with guidelines than I am with this one. Last time, I stuck to decaf coffee only, this time I allow myself a cup of coffee on Saturday and Sunday with my husband since he's home and brewing a pot. During the week I usually abstain. I know I can have one cup a day if I want it, but I also tend to get addicted and it gives me headaches if I don't have it, so I keep it at a minimum and use it as a treat. It is definitely one of my favorite things about Saturday mornings though. I'll be a coffee lover for life even if I have to keep it to a minimum. 

Lunch meat I had zero of last pregnancy heated or no. This time I've cheated a few times and had it cold. Mostly though I stick to buying brands without the nitrates if I want some and heat it until it's popping. 

I'm pretty strict with myself about lotions, soaps, deodorants, and other things with chemicals. I also try to pay attention to the other rules. However, I still like to take a nice, warm bath at night. Last time I wouldn't have dared. 

I totally get the not doing anything you can assign blame to yourself for later if something goes wrong. That was 100% my philosophy last pregnancy. 

I'm halfway through my second pregnancy and I'm a lot more relaxed about things this time around. I'll eat medium rare burgers or steaks hot off the grill when my husband cooks them at home. I wouldn't eat undercooked red meat in a restaurant though. My one big thing I completely avoid is any kind of cold prepared deli item. I'm obsessed with Publix salads and potato salads and spreads, but I won't eat them when I'm pregnant. I probably won't eat Romaine lettuce at all anymore after this recent e coli outbreak.

During my first pregnancy I liked to lurk on my Birth Month page on the Bump. This one lady there was insane about not touching any kind of store receipt, to the point where she would yell at people not to hand them to her. (And then brag about these interactions on a public forum) That is going extremely overboard. Avoiding certain foods just to be on the safe side is totally normal.

Meah, as long as Jinger isn't chugging Plexus, I'm cool with her beverage choices.

Forgive me if we knew this already, but I wasn't aware that Jeremy once went on a missioncation to Lebanon. The guy that posted this lives in San Antonio, seems to work for USAA, drinks & has lots of tattoos.

My car is a girl named Frankie. I had originally named him Frank, because I thought it was a Nissan Sinatra, instead of Sentra. D'oh. 

39 minutes ago, viii said:

My car is a girl named Frankie. I had originally named him Frank, because I thought it was a Nissan Sinatra, instead of Sentra. D'oh. 

I love this! I have a Nissan Versa. Nissan are great. 

Nissan is great! I want to upgrade to an SUV, but none of their models are affordable for me right now. I'll probably end up going local with Chevrolet. 

On 4/24/2018 at 8:05 AM, HereticHick said:

Meah, as long as Jinger isn't chugging Plexus, I'm cool with her beverage choices.

Forgive me if we knew this already, but I wasn't aware that Jeremy once went on a missioncation to Lebanon. The guy that posted this lives in San Antonio, seems to work for USAA, drinks & has lots of tattoos.

I do wonder, if we will see any casual pics of Jeremy displaying his tattoos. I need to have a Duggar offspring get a tattoo just to see JB and Michelles faces. Heck, I have known a few  non-fundie parents to have some pause at their child getting a tattoo. On a side note, Lebanon does have a decent sized Christian population. They have practicing it for a fews milliania now. Sure, Jeremy go ahead and tell them how they are doing it wrong.

I just realized this trip was posted as being a humanitarian one. If, biiiigggg if, this truly was a viable humanitarian trip and not a harass the locals one, then good for Jeremy. 

Archived