IGNORED

Zach and Whitney Bates: Part 5

Jellybean

Now the married couples are getting ANOTHER wedding before it's her turn... Carlin is probably not amused. :pb_lol:

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whitney has only organised the vow renewal in order to stop that flu discussion.

Thank you Whit! 

3 hours ago, DillyDally said:

Now the married couples are getting ANOTHER wedding before it's her turn... Carlin is probably not amused. :pb_lol:

Ding ding ding! We have a winner for best comment in this discussion! :pb_lol:

From the blurry-ish instastory snaps, Whit’s dress kind of reminds me of Meghan Markle’s reception dress. I agree with @Carm_88 , it looks gorgeous!

(not fawning, just observing)

17 hours ago, crazysnark said:

WTF? A vow renewal 5 yrs in and not on your anniversary is just weird. Either Zach or Whitney cheated, or they are "repenting" of not trusting the lord with children. 

Maybe they just think 5 is a nice round number

I kind of think it’s as simple as Whit being more assertive and wanting the wedding she really wanted. That dress is gorgeous, but it never would have flown 4.5 years ago. And maybe there is something with her parents not having been there the first time and whatever happened with them in the meantime. 

I think that it may be a combination of Whitney not getting the type of wedding that she wanted in the beginning and there's not a lot going on for Bringing Up Bates at the moment. 

I am quite fawning over the dress, it's so my taste. I am not even the least bit fundie. *drool* I also will probably never be married. I'll just fawn! :) 

It's also currently summer not winter and they couldn't have an outdoor lake-side wedding (which this looks like) if they did a renewal closer to their actual wedding date in mid-December. So that may play a part in the timing of this ceremony as well.

It still seems strange. Renewal after 5 years? Kind of sweet. In full wedding mode? Kind of exaggerated. And after 4,5 years? Just done for Tv which makes it more circus show than anything else. You would think that Fundies would treat marriage, weddings and the underlying ideas and commitment with utmost respect but all I see are circus shows staged to tv.

Now, I don’t begrudge anyone a nice party and getting to wear more than one wedding dress sounds definitely like fun. I just hope it doesn’t have anything to do with repenting, serious health problems (her bio parents?) or one or both not liking their real wedding. That would be very sad.

This vow renewal is weird. I'm sure it was staged by the producers because the audience loves weddings. I, for one, don't care much about all weddings because each one is almost exactly the same. The Bates show is super staged, and it comes across as pretty unrealistic.

Whitney likes pretty things and pretty pictures, and with increasingly stylish style and house she might have wanted wedding pictures to match ;) (While she still has the body for that sort of dress!)

Carlin shared the dress she wore to Zach & Whit’s vow renewal and wow, I hope either BUB or Zach/Whit paid for these outfits! Who asks somebody to pay nearly $200 for a bridesmaid dress for a vow renewal. To be honest I didn’t even think people had wedding parties for vow renewals. I’m starting to lean towards the idea that BUB planned and paid for this so that they could have fresh content. Even with the current Father’s Day sale it’s a $170 dress. 

Spoiler

E2E130C1-661A-49EC-80C2-261BBAF38612.thumb.png.cae327f3d9c1e962edf009901c3d94f3.png

Holy Christ! That's an expensive dress that likely will never be worn again. :whaa2:

5 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Holy Christ! That's an expensive dress that likely will never be worn again. :whaa2:

Right! And I just can’t imagine Kelly and Gil paying $200 per daughter without there being a good reason for it. We know at the very least that Josie also wore this dress. It seems most likely (IMO) that BUB footed the bill.

On 6/15/2018 at 9:35 PM, Illmarryyoujana said:

This is very odd. I have never heard of a vow renewal so early unless the couple had serious issues or didn’t have a big wedding the first time. And not even on//near their anniversary? WERID!!!!

Do you really think that Z and W just decided to have a big vow renewal at 4.5 years, and BUB said, "Oh, OK, if you are going to do that, why don't we film it?"

It's completely staged.

lol this reeks of Whitney just wanting to have the type of wedding she always envisioned now that she has a couple of baby Bates and can be more lenient on her "modesty standards"

Did Whitney’s bio dad give her away at their original wedding? If not, maybe their restored relationship accounts for the do-over. 

56 minutes ago, Dominionatrix said:

Did Whitney’s bio dad give her away at their original wedding? If not, maybe their restored relationship accounts for the do-over. 

Bio parents weren't in the first wedding.

Now probably Whit will hide the original pictures and show the new ones as "wedding pictures". But it's a bit sad rewriting history this way. I don't know... I understand the bio parents/foster parents issue, but there is something too materialistic in this renewal. 

On 6/16/2018 at 5:29 AM, DillyDally said:

Carlin is already pissed that she hasn't seen Evan in awhile and has to use an old picture of them I'm sure she was super upset that all her sibs had their SO's there and she didn't. 

I would be more weirded out if Chad & Erin or Alyssa & John had a renewal than Zach & Whit - Whit now seems much closer with her bio parents and it must be really sad for her that they weren't at the wedding.

I can tell you as someone who had something really sad happen at/around her wedding 5 years ago that I've considered a renewal several times, and family members have encouraged it. Plus I've had those moments of "wow if I did do it again I would do this differently and this and this..." and then also the thought of "oh and it'd be so fun to have a big party like that again! and my babies could be included this time!" that the whole thing ends up sounding like a great idea. I can completely understand why Zach & Whit would do this, especially if she was trying to please her in-laws with the first wedding and wasn't happy with it.

Maybe they even DANCED at the reception!?!?

I think if I were her adoptive parents I'd be sad about her blatant erasing of them. 

9 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I think if I were her adoptive parents I'd be sad about her blatant erasing of them. 

While we can't know exactly what happened here, it seems they "disappeared" quite abruptly.  IIRC, the adoptive parents hosted a baby shower when Whit was expecting Bradley and then a month later, after he was born, the bio parents were in the picture but no sign of the adoptive parents. 

Kaci is two messages from Kelly

Spoiler

pics and message from Whit

Spoiler

Brad and Whit making Kaci a cake. 

youtube.com/watch?v=j0Emlp5KmKw 

Lawson, Isiah and Warden doing a facebook live from the renewal site. Sorry if its a repost, couldnt see it anywhere! Not much to it but get to see the dresses at least!

On 5/31/2018 at 1:15 AM, just_ordinary said:

I

Well, if infected people are out and about (still have no idea how this is even possible- I am already dying from a cold) you need a higher vaccine rate not to get infected too. In Europe people stay at home so people cannot catch the flu so easily. 

What bothers me most, is that in the last two seasons the vaccines seem to be not as effective as before. Lots of people opt to get it even though they are not part of a risk group and we still had an absurd high rate of people admitted to hospital. It makes me wonder what happened. I have already seen crazy speculation and conspiracy theories which is quite annoying. Hopefully next influenza season will go over more smoothly. 

What concerns me personally is that many suffered from side effects that were severe enough to had to be treated with antibiotics. In a time were people eat that stuff like candy (not to forget about its use in lifestock farming) and we have more and more problems with multiresistent bacteria this is really bad timing. I am far more scared to catch shit like that than the flu. 

So, whoever said that Zach and Witney might be pregnant was sure right.  The announcement is in a video on UP posted today.  Guess that is why the vowel renewal was now.

I have no idea how what I thought was a comment on it's  own got merged with that I apologize.  I was trying to merge it with the comment someone wrote about Wit being pregnant.  Sheesh.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived