IGNORED

Zach and Whitney Bates: Part 5

Jellybean

Homeschooling isn't a bad choice....it only is if they use that STUPID CURRICULUM. Now, if they did a proper one aka not all about the Bible in every aspect...

#notgonnahappen

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Homeschooling is not bad, some people can do a much better job with their children than schools can. I would much prefer there be some educational background for it, but hey people can learn! I do hope that Zach and Whitney change their mind about this too. 

Whitney doesn't even seem like the type who would want to home school. (Obviously I don't know her, but that's how she comes off from TV/internet/etc)

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Whitney doesn't even seem like the type who would want to home school. (Obviously I don't know her, but that's how she comes off from TV/internet/etc)

She doesn’t to me either. I could see her homeschooling for kindergarten, 1st-3rd or 4th grade and then sending the kids off to a private school. In the earlier years I think she could really enjoy teaching and spending time with her kids, but once they start into more difficult subjects and intensive learning I wouldn’t blame her for not wanting to continue. 

12 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I agree, I could see her sending her kids to the Bates house and have them lumped in with their homeschool.

3 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

I agree, I could see her sending her kids to the Bates house and have them lumped in with their homeschool.

This is my exact prediction.

I wonder if Whitney choses homeschooling because  Bates pressure or just because she can't afford a christian private school. 

If there's no one at Bates home to do the teaching, and of course Kelly is not going to homeschool a bunch of grandchildren, I think Whitney will rethink it. She must have conservative friends with kids at school.

Seeing the picture of Whitney after an UP-filmed paintball war [see the 3rd & 4th pictures in this batch] -- I'm of the belief that Whitney is not currently pregnant. I think she will make it to the end of the year without  baby #3.

[note the UP tshirts they are all wearing]

I’m guessing the up shirts mean they filmed some kind of promo for the show.

And I also don’t think Whitney’s pregnant.

I hope she’s really enjoyed the break she’s had from pregnancy + taking care of a newborn + wrangling 3 little kids. Hopefully, her SIL’s see that and follow her example. 

They’re all still young and could still have plenty of kids even if they have big age gaps. But at least that way they could get some sort of break. 

That's a lot of hugging for a couple that is not even engaged yet (yes, yes, they all set "their own standards"). But I can't imagine having that much physical contact without kissing!! 

Kaci has been sick for the past week. Poor baby! :tw_heart: However, the way Bradley lies in this pictures just cracks me up. Like he's at the beach trying to impress the ladies! :pb_lol:

I find it hilarious that Bradley is sleeping with his Nikes on! ;) 

5 hours ago, miss_batson said:

I have a feeling Kaci is sick pretty often according to Whitneys Ig storys. :my_cry:

And a lot of fundies don’t “believe” in vaccines, so she may not be getting flu shots either :my_cry:

I wonder whether Kaci might have allergies.  My mother said that when I was little I seemed to catch a lot of colds and it turned out I was very allergic.

My first thought was tonsillitis. Until I had my tonsils out when I was 3, I was constantly sick.

19 hours ago, ShesCrafty said:

And a lot of fundies don’t “believe” in vaccines, so she may not be getting flu shots either :my_cry:

Well, whitney seems to be pretty mainstream regarding health. I would be surprised if her kids are not vaccinated.

Apart from that, kids that age are often ill, it's not that strange. When kids go to daycare, often daycare is blamed, buy the truth is that under 3, their immune system is not fully developed.

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Well, whitney seems to be pretty mainstream regarding health. I would be surprised if her kids are not vaccinated.

Apart from that, kids that age are often ill, it's not that strange. When kids go to daycare, often daycare is blamed, buy the truth is that under 3, their immune system is not fully developed.

Re-Bolded- I wouldn't be surprised at all. As a teacher, I learned to not be surprised when I found out a certain kid was not vaccinated. It came from all walks of life. Families that were very liberal in nature were actually more likely not to vaccinate (in my experience). I think it's so prevalent in child development right now. I don't want to get in a pro or con conversation on vaccinating, but I think it's safe to say that it's a popular issue in parenting culture right now (whether it be for religious or personal non-religious reasoning).

With that said, I also agree with your second point. When my kids were in childcare they were sick ALL...THE....TIME! (and yes they were vaccinated). Sure Whitney doesn't use traditional daycare, but I look at the Bates house as a germ dungeon. Think about all those people coming in and out of the house, bringing in all their germs. Might as well be a daycare center. ;)

@Bazinga I get your point, but Whitney seems just traditional/ordinary regarding healthcare. But yes, who knows... No vaccination seems trendy nowadays in certain alternative people (fundies or not and for different reasons). For example I can really picture Jill Duggar no vaccinating...but not Jinger. 

Kaci is at that age where kids tend to get colds a lot. They turn into tiny little germ factories as toddlers and eventually grow out of it at some point. It’s probably partly because, as some else said, their immune systems aren’t fully developed and partly due to passing germs around from being around other kids. It’s probably nothing to worry much about it, unless she’s consistently spiking high fevers or showing symptoms of something serious.

What an adorable photo. I find Zack and Whitney's family so damn likeable. 

1 hour ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

What an adorable photo. I find Zack and Whitney's family so damn likeable. 

They are. It's a shame about the cult. ;) 

Just don't forget he votes to take away women's rights, oppress anyone who doesn't fit into his "Christian" mold and voted for Trump. 

Yes the children are cute and they seem like they are loving involved parents, but they are the type of people that gave us a Trump presidency and are almost certainly okay with most of the awful stuff Trump does. 

On 5/25/2018 at 10:39 AM, formergothardite said:

Just don't forget he votes to take away women's rights, oppress anyone who doesn't fit into his "Christian" mold and voted for Trump. 

Yes the children are cute and they seem like they are loving involved parents, but they are the type of people that gave us a Trump presidency and are almost certainly okay with most of the awful stuff Trump does. 

I will NEVER forget Kelly Jo posting that Whitney had sent her a photo of Zach on his knees praying for the election (to swing in Trump’s favor.) Ugh, screw you Zach.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived