IGNORED

Michael and Brandon Keilen: Part 4

Jellybean

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I’ve wondered a bit about whether I have a form of PCOS to be honest. I don’t have some of the “classic” signs (like being overweight or having excessive facial hair), but my cycles are long (around 42 days most of the time) and I have a sibling who has it (I think I read it could be genetic?) I also have Hypothyroidism and I think I read somewhere that there could be a connection for some people between the two.

Never read this but I also have hypothyroid (hashimotos actually)! 

And my cycles were every 21 days with a 3 day period, I had high testosterone/androgens, and a slightly hairy lower back & hands (lol). 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

My SIL is currently dairy free on orders of her OBGYN. I’m pretty sure it’s for testing related to her PCOS and she may not have to keep doing it once the test is done, but I’m not sure. I’m also not sure what my sister may have needed to do for her PCOS. I know she’s had to cut back on dairy at some points, but I think that was mostly when she was breastfeeding her eldest (he has since outgrown his milk protein allergy.)

I’ve wondered a bit about whether I have a form of PCOS to be honest. I don’t have some of the “classic” signs (like being overweight or having excessive facial hair), but my cycles are long (around 42 days most of the time) and I have a sibling who has it (I think I read it could be genetic?) I also have Hypothyroidism and I think I read somewhere that there could be a connection for some people between the two. And I do know that I had at least one cyst on one of my ovaries - they spotted it during an early ultrasound when I was pregnant with my daughter. 

We’re currently trying for our second child and I figure it’s a concern to mention at my next annual appointment if I haven’t conceived by that point. 

My sister and I both have PCOS, but with different symptoms. I'm overweight and have really long cycles (35-40 days), but no cysts and no excessive facial hair (although this might be starting right now which totally sucks and the thought of it just makes me want to cry). My sister hasn't got a problem with being overweight at all, but has cysts and a lot of body hair. So PCOS can really show itself in different ways, even in the same family.

@VelociRapture I wish you the best of luck for your second round and I hope you don't have PCOS. How old is your first one now? 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ophelia said:

My sister and I both have PCOS, but with different symptoms. I'm overweight and have really long cycles (35-40 days), but no cysts and no excessive facial hair (although this might be starting right now which totally sucks and the thought of it just makes me want to cry). My sister hasn't got a problem with being overweight at all, but has cysts and a lot of body hair. So PCOS can really show itself in different ways, even in the same family.

@VelociRapture I wish you the best of luck for your second round and I hope you don't have PCOS. How old is your first one now? 

Thank you! My sister has some of the more traditional symptoms - being overweight, some facial hair - while I don’t. My main symptom seems to be longer cycles, so it could be a lot worse. My annual appointment should be early next year, so I think I’m going to ask my Doctor about it to be safe. 

And our daughter actually turned two this week! I still can’t quite believe how big she is now. :pb_lol:

• Upvote 2
  • Love 5

I've got the cysts and the irregular cycles, a BMI of 24-something and difficulty concieving. The blood work is fine, and the tests normal (including the flushing of the fallopian tubes, that was...interesting). Hairs gallore, but not male pattern appart from some on my stomach, luckily. 

Hopefully some exersice will make the cycles more regular and give me a slightly healthier body shape/body composition, as that has helped with my cycles in the past. And if that do not work, we will try some clomid or whatever my gyno recommends! I like my gyno, a direct and slightly grumpy and cynical experienced man who knows what he is doing. 

Hopefully we will manage on our own though :)

And hugs and commiseration to those of you also struggling! 

• Love 7

• 3 weeks later...

So the Keilens have posted a vague Instagram where it's unclear if it's just a religious Christmas post or a pregnancy announcement. Based on the comments, I'm not the only one confused. What do others think?

Screenshot_20181224-172422.png

So the Keilens have posted a vague Instagram where it's unclear if it's just a religious Christmas post or a pregnancy announcement. Based on the comments, I'm not the only one confused. What do others think?
Screenshot_20181224-172422.thumb.png.44ccaaa05022acf327b08d42e0786378.png

I wondered the same thing.

Michael has used some of these Bible quotes previously in Christmas messages (well before she talked about her infertility publically). I believe Erin also used "for unto us a child is born" and people speculated she was pregnant too, when she was not. Both just used them because they saw them as the most relevant to Christmas.

Remember they take the their KJV Bible literally. I don't think any of them would use those particular quotes to annouce a pregnancy because they are basically saying "I am pregnant, and it's baby Jesus". There are plenty of other lines in he Bible that would more clearly convey she's pregnant and how that's a blessing from God (especially after infertility).

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I saw this tonight, too, and I looked back and she posted a similar quote in 2016. This years was longer, but they both contained "Unto us a child is born". I didn't see too much of a post for 2017.

If you really want to speculate, she has been wearing a vest in her last couple photos, so who knows. But with her struggle, I wouldn't want to speculate too much.

I don't think she would announce in such a round about way if she did have an announcement. I'm sure many people have been praying for her, so I don't think she would post something so vague.

• Upvote 3

I don’t think she is pregnant, I think it is an unfortunate pose choice and puffer vest combo. I could see Jinger using the quote that way but not Michael, she is very serious. I also think she has been deluged with speculation so long and so painfully she would just come out and say it. 

• Upvote 8

13 hours ago, freethemall said:

Screenshot_20181224-172422.png

I'm going for generic Christmas message. That is a very famous verse and now I'm singing this

• I Agree 1

On 12/8/2018 at 9:39 PM, VelociRapture said:

Thank you! My sister has some of the more traditional symptoms - being overweight, some facial hair - while I don’t. My main symptom seems to be longer cycles, so it could be a lot worse. My annual appointment should be early next year, so I think I’m going to ask my Doctor about it to be safe. 

And our daughter actually turned two this week! I still can’t quite believe how big she is now. :pb_lol:

I remember when she came early a few Xmases ago! Hope she had a lovely Xmas. My baby girl is 2 in a few months- doesn’t it fly by!

i feel so sorry for Michael. I just wish she could have a couple of babies. I know I know the cult etc. But I hate seeing people so sad and desperate for babies. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

As my own general rule, I have no problem speculating pregnancy for all these quiverfull peeps simply because their whole schtick and "branding" is having babies. 

HOWEVER, this is the one couple I would not speculate about. It seems like they have serious fertility issues. Posting one of the most popular quotes of the Christmas season means (to me) that they are Christian, not pregnant.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

31 minutes ago, FaithAndReason said:

As my own general rule, I have no problem speculating pregnancy for all these quiverfull peeps simply because their whole schtick and "branding" is having babies. 

HOWEVER, this is the one couple I would not speculate about. It seems like they have serious fertility issues. Posting one of the most popular quotes of the Christmas season means (to me) that they are Christian, not pregnant.

Completely agree. i'm a champion body snarker and with them it's never about 'oh, she looks fat,' it's that their ENTIRE CLAIM TO FAME is excessive procreation. It's not body shaming, it's train wreck spectating.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I will never understand why posters who claim to find thier cult hateful and know how limiting it is to the lives of their children are so anxious for more babies to be born into it because she wants them.

And I am beyond sick of these emotional exibitionists.  Because that’s what this shit is.  Married people publishing pic after pic of themselves kissing is stupid.  

Bah humbug. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 3

This quote seems to be very popular with Fundies at Christmas (have never come across it outside the Fundie world- people choose other quotes).

They don’t get a pass from me. Fertility sucks and I am sure there is serious heartbreak. And while I am sorry, I cannot bring myself to wish a baby to be born into this mindset. 

Brandon still works for IBLP as far as I know. They both still appear on the show and sell their lifestyle. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

No child deserves to be born into and raised in this evil cult. So what if they are struggling with infertility. Cry me a fucking river. They don't deserve kids. None of them do

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I’ve said this before when the topic comes up, but I’ll say it again now. I can’t hope that any of these couples - no matter their struggles or how nice they seem - will have children because they’re still involved with a cult. But I also won’t wish them pain and unhappiness. I’m not a cruel person by nature and I just don’t have it in me to wish infertility on someone. Instead, I just hope that they find fulfillment and happiness in their lives as they are and that they do the least amount of harm to others possible. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

I do have it in me. I'm thinking about the abuse children will suffer being raised in that evil cult.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I’ve said this before when the topic comes up, but I’ll say it again now. I can’t hope that any of these couples - no matter their struggles or how nice they seem - will have children because they’re still involved with a cult. But I also won’t wish them pain and unhappiness. I’m not a cruel person by nature and I just don’t have it in me to wish infertility on someone. Instead, I just hope that they find fulfillment and happiness in their lives as they are and that they do the least amount of harm to others possible. 

I don’t wish infertility on anyone.  I do t wish pain, heartache, or medical problems on anyone.

i just also don’t wish that because someonr is seems pleasant that her need to have a child should over ride the fact that that child will be born into a cult.

because if you’re wishing for that I assume you’re wishing for a happy childhood for the baby, because people here by and large aren’t monsters.  And the only kid she I’d imagine have a shot at a happy upbringing in that environment are those who by temperament are people pleasing kool-aid drinkers who don’t bridle ar being forced into traditional gender roles and bigotry.

Becuase that is to weigh Michaels distress at not having children as more important than the distress of any kid born into that family who might be a critical thinker, need the opportunity for academic achievement, be gay or trans, want to explore romantically before marrying someone who is essentially a stranger, have gifts they can’t develop because it doesn’t fit their gender role, desire for a partner who is their equal not a headship or a helpmeet.

if you wish for children for people in this cult you are wishing for sheep or you are wishing a childhood of repression and self hate upon them.

not intentionally, but that’s what it is.

But as I said I don’t wish infertility on anyone, I just wish people would examine their beliefs and stop grooming girls to accept the blame for men’s sexual impulses and for boys to be raised to think they are seeing one bare shoulder away from being rapists.

fortuately nothing anyone wishes for can affect births, but before you handwave “yeah I know, the cult” think about what you’re really wishing for.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 3

12 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

I do have it in me. I'm thinking about the abuse children will suffer being raised in that evil cult.

Yeah, I do get your point and I don’t think it’s an invalid view to hold. That’s why I said I don’t wish for more kids to be born into the cult. I personally just can’t wish infertility on another person though, which is why I opt for the middle ground of hoping they find happiness in their life as it currently is.

• Upvote 6

Yeah... I experience a ton of cognitive dissonance when it comes to this sort of thing, and I basically just accept it. I want them to be happy - but not at anyone's else's expense. I don't want them to deal with the heartbreak of infertility - but I don't want more children born into the cult. My hope for all of them is always that they will leave the cult, leave behind dogmatic/extremist religion and politics, educate themselves, and lead happy, healthy, enlightened lives. But I'm also realistic.

So basically for me it's a wash. Because of that, I don't feel happy when one of them is having trouble conceiving, or finding a spouse if they want one - but I also don't really feel sad.

Knowing how Michael and Brandon would feel about my sister and her girlfriend having children, for example, makes it fairly hard for me to feel much sympathy for their plight. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

My wishes for them have absolutely zero effect on the outcome, so it doesn't seem to really matter. It's not like I'm chipping in for their adoption fund or something. Michael and Brandon grew up in the cult, so while they do as adults have the responsibility for their terrible beliefs, I also have some sympathy for them never knowing anything else. And I can't help but empathize with them as a person who also believes in God and is going through infertility while being surrounded by those who get pregnant easily. 

I wish Brandon and Michael would be able to become parents. And I wish that they would leave behind their IBPL fundie ways and raise any children in a truly loving and accepting home. I don't think that makes me a leghumper. I'm rooting for all the kidults to see the light ?‍♀️

• Upvote 4

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic