IGNORED

Sister Wives 6: Five Adults or Are There? Mariah Is Engaged.

Coconut Flan

On 10/23/2021 at 9:08 PM, Cults-r-us said:

Ok guys, do y'all really believe Christine left the family?

I think it is a manufactured story line. They needed something juicy for another season. Christine sold her house in AZ, and has been vocal about wanting to move back to Utah and be near her kids. Ysabel is 18, likely graduated high school in May/June 2021 so Truly is her only child under 18. If Robyn insisted on strict quarantine protocols for her kids to interact with Christine’s kids (mainly Truely), and Christine didn’t follow them Christine may have figured why bother be in the same town if they can’t get together. Janelle’s kids seemed very close with Christine, but now they are all grown, living their own lives (except Savannah), and no longer live next door so it would require more of an effort to see each other. 

They need a few story lines for a season, and covid can only provide so much material. Plus they covered it last season. Meri- other than acknowledging the passing of her mother, and how fractured her relationship is with Kody what does she have? She never named LuLaRoe by name, and I’m guessing that business has dried up, so her making the inn work (since her mother can no longer run it) could be her story line. Janelle is living in the RV on the Coyote Pass land that is her story line, maybe Savannah is living with her, and the two older boys have made other living arrangements (Gabe and one other boy was living at home when she had the rental). Robyn is the head of the family/favorite wife/enforcement of COVID precautions drama story line. I doubt they can afford to build on Coyote Pass especially with lumber and other building materials being so high when the season was filming. 

Christine may seriously be considering leaving Kody, and using this as a test run while providing an “interesting” story line. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Do I think she’s really living in Utah? Yes.

Do I think she’s left Kody and considers herself a single woman? Most likely, no. She and Janelle have both taken their kids and left to live on their own before while remaining married to him.

I wouldn’t be surprised, though, if Christine does start to reconsider her marriage to Kody if she meets a nice guy in Utah. Especially since her daughters in Utah are both in monogamous marriages and (as far as we know) are happy.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I don't think she has left the family but I do believe she is living in Utah. She has made it known that she wanted to live there and with how separate they have been living it probably didn't seem like a big deal. She is now closer to their church so the rest of the family will have many opportunities to visit outside of seeing extended family as a reason to travel. Honestly as a fan of the show since season 1 I wish they would all move back to Utah. This family unit which is based in religion hasn't been able to function without it which is why I think they have had so many issues with no solutions.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Good for her. I hope she makes a great life for herself.  How old is Truely?  Isn't she the only one at home now?  Didn't - is it Gwen - move to Maddie's house a while back to go to school there?  

I wonder if Meri will ever announce or if she will just quietly do her own thing?  

I doubt any of this will be on this season, they are always so far behind.  

• Upvote 4

Cristine has been abused by Kody from the get go.  It started with her weight and kept going from there.  It will be interesting to see how their finances unravel and what is Crsitine's payout from the Coyote pass property.  I think Mary will soon depart. & run her B&B full-time.  Janelle, in my opinion, has no where to go nor it is unclear if she has a job.  I would not be surprised if Cristine has met someone else.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, SweetLaurel said:

How old is Truely?  Isn't she the only one at home now?  Didn't - is it Gwen - move to Maddie's house a while back to go to school there?  

Truely is 11, born April 13, 2010. Ysabel is the next youngest at 18, and I think she graduated high school in May/June 2021. I think Ysabel might have moved to Maddie's, but I'm not positive. 

• Upvote 8

6 minutes ago, ifosterkittens said:

Truely is 11, born April 13, 2010. Ysabel is the next youngest at 18, and I think she graduated high school in May/June 2021. I think Ysabel might have moved to Maddie's, but I'm not positive. 

She did. She's attending college in North Carolina and living with Maddie and Caleb.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

Good for Christine. I'm glad she's willing to be flexible with her beliefs. She entered the relationship wanting to be the third wife because it's what she grew up with and believed it to be the best position. Provided Robyn never joined, I think Christine would have been happily still with Kody. 

I think meeting Robyn was the first time that Kody truly fell in love. 

I don't think Janelle will ever leave - she has a pretty sweet set up. She doesn't have to see Kody but still gets the benefits of a husband (children, financial support, etc). I'm on the fence with Meri - there's signs that she has tried to leave before, but has never actually followed through on it. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Sister Wives returns Nov. 21 at 10:00 p.m. ET on TLC so releasing the information now on Nov 2 feels like a calculated move. Yes, they needed time to make the decision, discuss it with the kids, figure out living arrangements, custody, money etc but I feel like they are announcing now in hopes to improve the next season's viewership. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Run, Christine, ruuuuuuuuuun! 

I’m really curious whether Christine will leave their church as well, maybe become mainstream LDS, or whether she’s ditching Kody but keeping the AUB. 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, bal maiden said:

I'm really curious whether Christine will leave their church as well, maybe become mainstream LDS, or whether she’s ditching Kody but keeping the AUB. 

Tabloids reported that they were "kicked out" of the AUB after Meri's catfishing storyline. From what they've said, though, the Browns were pretty much done with the church after Mariah came out.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

I do think it’s real, and not just a storyline for the show. But I’m sure that this has been in the works for quite some time and TLC told them to lay low and not give out details until now to increase interest in the new season.  I hope we get to see this unfold on the show. 

• Upvote 6

Run Christine run!!! I have loved this train wreck of a show since it started and have bern watching snippets of this season. Those mums Meri, Janelke and Christine have all raised their kids as single parents. To their credit all the older ones are normal young adults. 
I think they are all looking at Kody with Robyns family and going hey, we are still here too. 
I think poor Janelles abd Christines kids have long drawn the short stick on time with Kody. Now it seems like it is no longer ok for Christine..  

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

Cristine has been abused by Kody from the get go.  It started with her weight and kept going from there.  It will be interesting to see how their finances unravel and what is Crsitine's payout from the Coyote pass property.  I think Mary will soon depart. & run her B&B full-time.  Janelle, in my opinion, has no where to go nor it is unclear if she has a job.  I would not be surprised if Cristine has met someone else.

Man, I hope so. She looks great. I am so happy she had the gumption to walk away from someone who neither loves nor cherishes her. Good for you, Christine! With his wives deserting the sinking Sister Wife ship, maybe Kody can GET A JOB.

• Upvote 7

I have never seen the show but read about it. Do we know why Kody wanted a fourth wife after 16 years? Especially because the first three marriages happened within 3 years or so. 

Edited by Smash!

2 hours ago, Smash! said:

I have never seen the show but read about it. Do we know why Kody wanted a fourth wife after 16 years? Especially because the first three marriages happened within 3 years or so. 

I believe it was to secure the TV show. Kody was looking around, ready to go public, and it provided lots of material. 

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, ifosterkittens said:

I believe it was to secure the TV show. Kody was looking around, ready to go public, and it provided lots of material. 

Plus horndog and wanted (and reportedly still wants) more children.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Apparently, Christine and Kodouche have made it public that they are splitting.....OR generating  PR before show debut later this month.

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, Jrodseyeliner said:

Those mums Meri, Janelke and Christine have all raised their kids as single parents. To their credit all the older ones are normal young adults. 

I actually think Kody was a lot more hands-on in the beginning, before the show. They all lived together in one large house, with each wife having her own section. It was far easier for Kody to be available to each of them and I know they had more of a schedule. 

It was really Robyn that upset everything and I don't really fault any of the original wives for being pissed about her after sixteen years of relative peace (that we know of)

• Upvote 5

Christine explains a bit more in this article, saying that she was frustrated to see her own broken marriage, while Kody had a functioning one with Robyn. She mentions the strain Covid put on all of them.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10158945/Sister-Wives-split-no-surprise-Christine-Brown-process-leaving-Kody.html

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

This might be an unpopular opinion, but things went down hill when Kody married Robin. Everything appeared to be going well for their family until she came along with her kids and Kody had to physically leave his house to be with her...and then go back home to his 3 other wives. Before Robin, his whole family lived under one roof.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

@Tangy Bee I think that's a very common opinion. Robyn destroyed the dynamics and that's not putting it on her, but how Kody behaved towards her compared to his other three wives. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic