IGNORED

Sister Wives 6: Five Adults or Are There? Mariah Is Engaged.

Coconut Flan

What a dickhead.  Won't get crosswise with Robun in order to be with Ysabel during surgery....and asks her if she's going to be a bitter housewife if he doesn't come.

Thanks Ifosterkittens!!!!

• Upvote 7

He couldn’t press pause long enough to have a one on one convo with his daughter while he was being all upset with Christine.  Ysabel told him it was fine but cried in the talking head.

• Upvote 6

Ahh he is such a dick.. he said he didn’t know that Ysabel was in so much pain. What the fuck does he do as a father??? like he doesn’t see them or talk to them?? 
Gave has been the voice of reason so far when he said that if he gets Covid and still doesn’t see his dad then it was never about Covid in the first instance.
it is sad to see Christine unravelling in front of the camera. I hope she is getting all the support from her girls and her mum. Her mum left the plural lifestyle as well. 

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, Jrodseyeliner said:

Ahh he is such a dick.. he said he didn’t know that Ysabel was in so much pain. What the fuck does he do as a father??? like he doesn’t see them or talk to them?? 

I don't know what Kody does with all his time other than filming. Kody clearly spends time at Robyn's house. I don't think Janelle is that demanding of his time, so he probably comes and goes from her house as he pleases, and no idea about Christine and her kids. We know he only sees Meri when filming. 

I think March 11 or 12, 2020 the adults were touring wedding venues in Utah with Mariah and Audrey last season, and COVID was becoming more known, and things quickly got serious, and some of the adults had trouble getting back to Flagstaff because of flights being cancelled. So until then Kody would presumably have had regular contact with Christine, Gwen, Ysabel and Truely, or at least with the kids if things with Christine were rocky. Sometime in Sept 2020 Ysabel is leaving for New Jersey, and the conversation where Kody tells Christine and Ysabel they are ignoring the pandemic and should delay the surgery was two months before that, so July 2020. So a four month window from March 2020-July 2020 start of COVID to finding the surgery team they felt was the best fit, and deciding to schedule the surgery. Ysabel's daily pain had to be present before March 11, 2020. It didn't just appear after COVID. How did Kody miss it? 

Not only did Kody somehow manage to not know Ysabel was living with pain daily, he claims to have thought Christine chose to schedule the surgery during the pandemic so she could take Gwen, Ysabel and Truely on a vacation. Kody said he didn't think Christine was putting the interest of Ysabel first. Maybe his marriage isn't solid with Christine, but to have so little respect for the mother of your children (in this case Ysabel) to think she's scheduling a surgery for the fun of a vacation. No wonder Christine decided to leave. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

Here's my thought:  Kody wants to have sex only with Robun.  Meri would like to have sex with Kody, but will stay as a "wife" without sex just to be a "wife" in name only.  Janelle doesn't care whether she has sex or not.  Christine wants sex with Kody, he doesn't want sex with her....so she left.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Robyn is probably sick of having sex with Kody because (among other things) it involves listening to him talk.  Meri (appears to) want sex with Kody to prove she's still in the game. Janelle we don't know, probably happy to be off the hook. But Christine? She wanted a helluva lot more than sex from Kody, like relationship, companionship?, a little respect and appreciation for her as a person and most of all, quit putting her kids last.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Meri was excited that Kody merely wanted to consult and have an actual conversation with her one on one.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Not the recap, just a few thoughts from the episode this evening. First Kody starts out he is begging all the wives to follow his covid rules, yet three of his wives are traveling. Christine and kids are traveling to NJ for Ysabel's surgery. Kody claims to now be on board with the surgery, so why is her traveling a problem? Janelle went to Maddie's because Evie K was having surgery. I imagine Janelle is incredibly helpful with watching Axel while Maddie is in the hospital with Evie and helping with things around the home when Evie comes home and is recovering. Meri travels to the BnB to see her mom, Mariah and Audrey, and do the online 150th celebration since it can't be in person. Kody never sees Meri outside of filming, so does he actually care she is traveling? No, he does not. He is just upset she isn't following his rules. Last episode he acknowledged Meri was following the rules, and I imagine Meri did a two-week quarantine before going to see her mom. 

Meri and Janelle both separately reference they knew each other before Janelle joined the family. Why don't they just say Janelle went from Meri's sister-in-law to her sister wife? Janelle admitted it early on. 

Christine said Ysabel has been in terrible pain for the past nine months, surgery was in September 2020, so the pain started December 2019/January 2020. Christine also said Ysabel relies on her father when she is in pain. How is this possible? Kody said he didn't know Ysabel was in that much pain. I don't see how that adds up. 

Preview for next week, Kody said originally, they all agreed he was the head of the household, now he isn't. Kody said he wasn't the head of the household in the last episode, so this is clearly a recurring issue. Kody wanted to the be public face of polygamy, and he certainly is. I wonder if he thinks he did a good job. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

6 hours ago, ifosterkittens said:

Preview for next week, Kody said originally, they all agreed he was the head of the household, now he isn't. Kody said he wasn't the head of the household in the last episode, so this is clearly a recurring issue. Kody wanted to the be public face of polygamy, and he certainly is. I wonder if he thinks he did a good job. 

He certainly left us still wanting to see a functional polygamist family.

Janelle has seemed oddly hung up on the pond and how Meri might not let “the kids” play in it.

**Short rabbit trail…what is up with the strong feelings about the amazing “pond”? It looks gross and outside of Robyn’s kids none of the other kids seem young enough to be interested in playing in it and Robyn doesn’t seem like the type of mom to let her kids play in anything without chlorine.**

ANYWAY, back to Janelle, Meri, and the pond…Janelle’s feeling go back to the house in Lehi when no one was allowed to walk through Meri’s potion of the house when Meri wasn’t home. I honestly thought Meri’s reasoning made sense. I wouldn’t want a bunch of kids trampling through my house when I wasn’t home. The point of each wife having her own space was to be able to have her own space. Even though they’re technically all family, I know I wouldn’t want my nieces and nephews (closest thing I can relate it to) running through my house when I wasn’t home. The fact that Janelle (who is normally rather practical) couldn’t see that, or had never brought it up in years of therapy seems weird.

• Upvote 8

Last night's episode was better than the last few, in my opinion.  I think it is because it focused more on the original wives and their families and less on Kody and Robin.  A few take-a-ways:

1.) Kody is such a jerk. His distain for Christine is so strong in the scenes we saw. I can only imagine how he acts when cameras aren't around.

2.) Robin is the only smart one to want no part of that pond lot.  I don't get the big deal about that muddy little bacteria-filled puddle.

3.) I was just beside myself when Kody didn't even give his daughter a hug before she left for major surgery.  Surely he could have rigged up some kind of DIY hazmat suit or something?  What a jerk.  

4.) Kody claims he wants the 5th house/lot for a rental.  I believe he really wants it for a 5th wife.

5.) While I believe the discussion about Meri not letting her home turn into Grand Central Station was probably manufactured drama for the show, I am on Team Meri on this one.  Those steps were right by her bedroom.  I wouldn't want people in my home when I wasn't home or when I was home trying to rest.

Edited by Queen Of Hearts
  • Upvote 12

5 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

4.) Kody claims he wants the 5th house/lot for a rental.  I believe he really wants it for a 5th wife.

I can’t decide on this…on one hand, he seems like he’s soured on polygamy and wouldn’t recommend it. He was also married to his first three wives for 20 years (and a few more for Meri) before adding another. He’s definitely not only interested in collecting wives or he probably would have more at this point. He also seemed (at one point ), concerned about college and wedding costs for all his kids.

On the other hand, he seemed to excel at being a dad to little kids and enjoyed the hands-on, day-to-day parenting of busy moms, wives, kids, who still saw “home” as their main sanctuary. Kody seemed to start losing it when the majority of his kids all hit their teen years within quick succession of each other and stopped seeming to need him as much. Most of them have also seemed to have done a fairly good job of getting college scholarships, pursuing higher education, finding careers they enjoy, and moving on with their lives without a lot of dependence on him for financial reasons. Maddie and Caleb had a rough start, (she’s the only married child who ever moved back home) but she seems to be doing well now. I think his kids moving on and not sticking around was hard for Kody. If more of his grown up kids needed help launching, he’d probably feel different, but overall, they seem like an independent bunch (outside of Robyn’s kids…who knows what they’re up to. They keep things pretty private on social media).

If Kody does marry again I think it will be 

1) due to wanting to be daddy to a bunch of little kids who need him

and/or

2) Robyn encouraging him to marry because she seems like the most devout wife, and now that Kody wants to give her all his attention it might start driving her crazy and she’ll realize she needs another wife to pawn him off on occasionally.

• Upvote 7

I could see Robyn wanting more young kids in the family for her kids to play with. The only way that will happen is her having another baby or getting a new younger wife.  

• Upvote 6

On 12/13/2021 at 8:09 AM, DalmatianCat said:

He certainly left us still wanting to see a functional polygamist family.

I always wondered if the Darger family would have shown a more functional polygamist family. They had a TLC special, so obviously not the full picture, but they lived in one house, and still did when the Brown's visited them a season of two ago. The Dargers were very involved in Utah's polygamy rules so I think they would provide a unique perspective. 

TLC also did My Five Wives for a season featuring Brady Williams and his five wives, but in the article, Brady felt they got low ratings because they weren't a trainwreck with a lot of discord. I would love an update episode on both families. 

https://starcasm.net/what-happened-to-brady-williams-and-his-family-from-my-five-wives/

As for the fifth house I don't think it is for another wife. When they moved to Flagstaff Kody said the rental market was limited, and he wanted to build, and have the rental income. I think it was a classic Kody grand idea, no follow through. Financially they couldn't have afforded to build when they moved to Flagstaff (my speculation), but they could have figured out the plan. Figured out the steps and fund them with the sale of each Vegas house. I'm not sure of the order but get the lots situated, do all the necessary surveys, draw up floor plans, clear the trees, run the power, water, sewer etc. It took two years to get assigned lots, clear a few trees, and put in the 20,000-gallon water tank. 

• Upvote 7

On 12/13/2021 at 7:57 AM, Queen Of Hearts said:

1.) Kody is such a jerk. His distain for Christine is so strong in the scenes we saw. I can only imagine how he acts when cameras aren't around.

3.) I was just beside myself when Kody didn't even give his daughter a hug before she left for major surgery.  Surely he could have rigged up some kind of DIY hazmat suit or something?  What a jerk.  

1) Do you remember a pic of Christine dressed up for an anniversary date with Kody? She had on jeans, maybe a red shirt and heels. Was that last year?

3) He really is not interested in his children as individuals. He's not interested in anything pertaining to his kid's life experiences, such as being in pain for months. He probably didn't have much reaction to Mariah coming out because he doesn't care.

I came back to the show this season and I'm all for the entertainment value. 

But I want to punch Kody in his smug face half of the time. 

I'm in Canada so our cases were lower and maybe Flagstaff was a hotspot? But I don't understand how he couldn't be more involved in Ysabels surgery/recovery. Even if traveling to Jersey wasn't an option (I understand 6 weeks might have been a long time to be home?) But why couldn't he have joined their two week quarantine when they returned? (Or even joined it a couple days after they returned) I understand that would have put him at risk...but guess what Kody? Sometimes we take calculated risks for the people that we love. Like your *child* who just had surgery and her *mother* who is now juggling her pain management and her two other kids. 

This season feels more and more like COVID was a convenient excuse for Kody to be married to Robyn while keeping the label of "polygamy" and in every episode you can tell that Janelle and Christine are sick of it. 

I genuinely think that Janelle and Meri will stay, Janelle because I think she's comfortable in Flagstaff and content with where she is and the lack of a marriage with Kody doesn't seem to outweigh that. And Meri because I think she's just accepted how it is and considers this to be her calling. At the very least both of them seem *content* right now in a way that Christine hasn't in years. Like someone mentioned earlier he has treated her like dirt since day 1 with the attitude about her weight and even in season 1 when he was kissing Robyn (something he didn't do with the other wives before they were married) while Christine was in the hospital giving birth. Actually come to think of it... I think the last time he seemed really engaged and involved with Christine and her kids was when Truly was in the hospital. 

I honestly think that earlier on (Utah and maybe some of the cul de sac years) the older kiddos (Mariah, Aspyn, Logan, Madi and to and Mykelti) were genuinely happy and viewed the other moms and kiddos as family (ie Madi having Christine at Evie's birth)  but now that they have moved on there really is no connective tissue between the households. 

I'm sure some of it had to do with the move and being apart in Vegas for the first couple years and I also think once Kody married Robyn he just didn't fully learn how to keep the balance that he had before, she had two babies and it seemed like there was always a reason for her to be the priority. Whereas before maybe one wife would take priority for a time but things always balanced out again.

• Upvote 9

On 12/13/2021 at 1:24 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I could see Robyn wanting more young kids in the family for her kids to play with. The only way that will happen is her having another baby or getting a new younger wife.  

Unless, like he did with Robyn, and married someone with kids,  a new wife wouldn't give Robyn's kids anyone to play with - if it took a year to court one and another year for her to give birth, Sol would be 12/ 13 and Ari 7 or 8.  By the time the new one, or any siblings were old enough, like the family now, they wouldn't be interested.  The older ones like the littles, but they aren't  playmates.   They are more like older cousins 'hey, kiddo,' and go on with their lives.  

I think Kody finally found who he wanted to be with and is stuck with the rest of them - minus Christine now.  He ignores Meri, I think Janelle is his buddy and the friend he bounces ideas off of and talks business with, but it doesn't seem like they have had a romantic relationship in years.  

And where is he hauling Truely to,if/when he decides to get visitation on his 'home' turf? Robyn's house I assume.  

• Upvote 7

So…to anyone who already seen the episode…what was Kody’s response when Christine asked why a nanny was allowed over to his house and not Ysabel? I haven’t seen the episode, just saw an article about it.

My own question…(Kody’s ott covid rules aside), why on earth does Robyn still need a nanny? Was that addressed? She doesn’t work outside the home, has three teenage children who could surely help out around the house (especially if they’re all quarantining at home), and only has two other children…neither of whom are in the toddler/baby stage when sometimes an extra pair of hands can be helpful. 

The only thing I can guess is that perhaps there is a medical diagnosis for someone in Robyn’s household that takes all her time and makes normal household tasks and parenting impossible (which could also play into Kody’s covid rules…but the recent pics of him and Robyn shopping at the mall make it seem otherwise).

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

@DalmatianCat YES!!! 

Christine has effectively won the series with 

"What. Does. The. Nanny...DO?" 

I probably read the same article as you and I am genuinely curious and just amazed at how he doesn't even bother to hide it anymore that Robyn is the queen bee.

Robyn has 5 kids 

Dayton was 21, Aurora 18, Breana 16, Solomon 9 (almost 10) and Ariella 5.

When this was filmed Christine had a kid recovering from Spinal surgery who was YOUNGER than 2 of Robyn's kids and another kid who was younger than 3 of Robyn's kids... 

How did Robyn need a nanny for a 9 year old and 5 year old? Especially if the older kids were also home (I'm not advocating sister mom's! But surely one of these grown children if they were still home could pitch in with a load of laundry every so often.) 

Robyn has mentioned digestive issues briefly in the past but only in a passing "we keep different kids of food in the house" way and given how much she appears to love crying on camera and how much this show shares I would be *AMAZED* if she had a chronic condition that she hasn't shared. Also I get ratings and stuff being scripted, but if there was a chronic condition that they didn't want to share and that was the reason for the nanny I don't think Christine would have been so cavalier about mentioning it. 

Mostly likely? Robyn had her sister helping out in Vegas and has not adjusted well to not having help around the house and Kody decided that his favorite wifey needed to be kept comfortable. OR she kicked up a fit about how when Janelle had little kids she had extra sister wives to help out but poor Robyn doesn't have sister wives around to help her! (Ignoring that Janelle had 6 kids 17 and under and worked full time and Christine stayed home with all 14 kids for the most part...) 

TLDR 

What does the nanny do?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

11 minutes ago, LacyMay said:

@DalmatianCat YES!!! 

Christine has effectively won the series with 

"What. Does. The. Nanny...DO?" 

When this was filmed Christine had a kid recovering from Spinal surgery who was YOUNGER than 2 of Robyn's kids and another kid who was younger than 3 of Robyn's kids... 

I am guessing it was not lost on Ysabel her dad just didn't care about her situation and excused himself from helping take care of her after surgery. This was probably for Christine the final nail in the coffin in which their marriage was laid to rest.

So what did this whinebaby care about? The injury to his pride his adult sons wouldn't stay home from work, school and social life to obey his covid rules. He cared about bitching, moaning, groaning, fuming and faunching he is not the head of the family.

Kody, persons who are the head of a household arrange for their children to have surgery when it is needed, and then provide care. They provide leadership and support. Not baby fits and nonsensical rules no one can follow.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Someone else mentioned somewhere, he is even useless in ordinary "head of household" activities like raking leaves. He could have helped Janelle rake leaves if he wanted to prove how valuable he was as head of household but no. Failing in the big things, failing in the little things. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

Kody, persons who are the head of a household arrange for their children to have surgery when it is needed, and then provide care.

Things became abundantly clear during the conversation about Ysabel's after care and how tired Christine was. At that point if sounded like she hadn't gotten a full night's sleep in a week+ (with needing to give pain meds every 2 hours) and still having Truley to take care of. 

Kody: "Huh, that sucks. Whatever." 

Janelle: "How can I help?  Can I pitch a tent and sleep in your yard and sneak in just to give meds?" 

He even said that he didn't realize that kid kid had been in pain every day for the better part of a year. How do you just not know that? That said he was the one that was supposed to be babysitting when Truley became seriously ill and it was her older sisters that first realized she was sick... Not Kody. So his track record sucks.

I'm watching the last season now and every episode he is just more and more of an arsehole. If he is half as much of an arrogant, immature, control freak in real life as he is on tv I'm surprised that Christine didn't leave sooner. 

• Upvote 8

6 hours ago, LacyMay said:

Things became abundantly clear during the conversation about Ysabel's after care and how tired Christine was. At that point if sounded like she hadn't gotten a full night's sleep in a week+ (with needing to give pain meds every 2 hours) and still having Truley to take care of. 

Kody: "Huh, that sucks. Whatever." 

Janelle: "How can I help?  Can I pitch a tent and sleep in your yard and sneak in just to give meds?" 

He even said that he didn't realize that kid kid had been in pain every day for the better part of a year. How do you just not know that? That said he was the one that was supposed to be babysitting when Truley became seriously ill and it was her older sisters that first realized she was sick... Not Kody. So his track record sucks.

I'm watching the last season now and every episode he is just more and more of an arsehole. If he is half as much of an arrogant, immature, control freak in real life as he is on tv I'm surprised that Christine didn't leave sooner. 

The word that keeps coming back to my mind is abandonment. We all realize his fee-fees were hurt when his covid rules were ignored, but the reality is he used covid to abandon his family (except Robin, of course). Sadly, he is just another garden variety narcissist.

• Upvote 9

Other than his ability to impregnate multiple women Kody is a failure on every level. 

The question about the nanny was part of the “ next time on Sister Wives “ so the discussion will take place then. Unless it comes up in the last 5 minutes of the show and will then take place the following week.

• Upvote 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic