IGNORED

Sister Wives 6: Five Adults or Are There? Mariah Is Engaged.

Coconut Flan

58 minutes ago, viii said:

@Tangy Bee I think that's a very common opinion. Robyn destroyed the dynamics and that's not putting it on her, but how Kody behaved towards her compared to his other three wives. 

Oh no.  I'm not letting Robun off the hook.  She could have encouraged Kodouche to treat his other wives equally but she LOVES the attention.  It takes two to ruin a marriage fivesome😆

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 8
  • Love 2

Good for her. Let’s hope his first three wives all end up leaving. I can picture them all happier with better men. Or just alone. I think Janelle probably doesn’t mind being alone.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

45 minutes ago, viii said:

@Tangy Bee I think that's a very common opinion. Robyn destroyed the dynamics and that's not putting it on her, but how Kody behaved towards her compared to his other three wives. 

What is interesting is that none of the other wives have every been willing to admit that the dynamic changed with Robyn. Robyn has cried and asked before if it was all her fault and they always rush to assure her it isn’t. Not being able to talk about the issue honestly didn’t lead to being able to make solutions.
Unpopular opinion…I think Robyn would have been willing to try and make anything work. Everyone else saying it wasn’t her fault wasn’t helpful. Also…I don’t think it was her “fault” per se, but bringing three step children into the family who didn’t live with all the children who grew up together made it harder for them to assimilate. It would have made it much easier if Kody had added an apartment on to the Utah house and brought a new wife there (who didn’t already have her own kids), they probably would have been fine. I do think Robyn liked the idea of polygamy more than all the other wives. She’d been in an unhappy monogamous marriage and I think thought polygamy was the key. I’m not sure she’ll be happy long-time having Kody around all the time.

All that to say…I’m very happy for Christine. This was a big brave step. I think she genuinely would love to be in a monogamous relationship and I hope she finds one. It’ll be interesting to see if Meri gets brave enough to leave as well.

• Upvote 9

15 minutes ago, DalmatianCat said:

What is interesting is that none of the other wives have every been willing to admit that the dynamic changed with Robyn. Robyn has cried and asked before if it was all her fault and they always rush to assure her it isn’t. Not being able to talk about the issue honestly didn’t lead to being able to make solutions.

It's not her fault though. It's Kody's fault. Or their weird cult's fault. It's not Robyn's fault in the least that she met Kody, and Kody decided that he liked her despite having 3 wives already, and Kody chose to have Meri divorce him and marry Robyn and prioritize Robyn over the existing wives. If they had abided by the rule of law, he would have never been able to afford three divorces and three ex wives. 

If they aren't admitting that the dynamic changed, though, that's a problem. Because it absolutely changed. Just like every one of those kids changed the existing dynamic. Literally everything changes all the time. Moving into different houses changed the dynamic. Going on TLC changed the dynamic. Kids starting high school changed the dynamic. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

Plus I think the three wives and Kody were a well-rehearsed team since they lived in that constellation for so long. So adding a fourth wife changed everything.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, viii said:

I actually think Kody was a lot more hands-on in the beginning, before the show. They all lived together in one large house, with each wife having her own section. It was far easier for Kody to be available to each of them and I know they had more of a schedule. 

It was really Robyn that upset everything and I don't really fault any of the original wives for being pissed about her after sixteen years of relative peace (that we know of)

Absolutely, the older kids had the benefits of a hands on involved father. But the last 10 years the middle kids have been raised from single mums. 
You can see it in Janelles youngest 3, and Christine’s youngest 3.  They don’t hold the same sort of fatherly reverence for Kody that Maddi, Mariah, Logan and Aspyn did. Kody didn’t even know what Gabriel wanted to do, let alone making him leave when he just made a wrestling team for Dayton to go to college is cruel. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

37 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

It's not her fault though. It's Kody's fault. Or their weird cult's fault. It's not Robyn's fault in the least that she met Kody, and Kody decided that he liked her despite having 3 wives already, and Kody chose to have Meri divorce him and marry Robyn and prioritize Robyn over the existing wives. If they had abided by the rule of law, he would have never been able to afford three divorces and three ex wives. 

It’s both Kody’s fault and all of their faults…Kody isn’t psychic. If they kept telling him Robyn wasn’t the problem when in their hearts they felt she was, how was he supposed to know? I think Kody bears a lot of the blame for not treating all his wives equally (or at least in a way that was meaningful to them…they really all needed to read a book like the Five Love Languages together), but by never acknowledging that the dynamic changed at the point Robyn and kids entered the picture they had trouble getting to the root of any of the problems in their individual marriages.

• Upvote 4

We as viewers never saw the family before Robyn was in the picture. From what Janelle and Christine have said Meri was truly terrible to them, and reigned as the first wife. They (Janelle and Christine) had to work together before the TV show (and the income it brought) Janelle worked full time outside of the home, Christine stayed home and provided child care, Meri worked part time and probably did most of Mariah's child care, but I don't think Meri was a team player. They were part of a like-minded community, part of a church.

Kody wanted to be the face of "normalizing" and decriminalizing polygamy. Kody either knew or was advised a fourth wife would be a good story line, plus hot young wife (not too young), and the possibility of more kids you didn't have to twist his arm. So they find the fourth wife, start filming, and within a few months leave their home, their community, their church to live in a different state now having their lives play out in public, with legal implications. Yes, these are choices the adults all knowingly made, but I imagine it added a tremendous amount of pressure and stress to already fractured relationships. 

The addition of Robyn didn't help the family dynamics (other than helping secure the TV show), and probably played a role in making them worse, but I don't think Robyn was the only factor. Once the wives had separate homes, and money they now had options. Living under Meri's reign wasn't going to happen again. Christine wasn't going to put herself and her kids last anymore. 

• Upvote 19
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, samurai_sarah said:

Christine explains a bit more in this article, saying that she was frustrated to see her own broken marriage, while Kody had a functioning one with Robyn. She mentions the strain Covid put on all of them.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10158945/Sister-Wives-split-no-surprise-Christine-Brown-process-leaving-Kody.html

I think it's great if she makes money (announcing their split before the season starts) off at last eaving this fool.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2021 at 1:46 PM, DalmatianCat said:

If the show continues after this season I wonder if Christine will get her own contract and her own paycheck. 

Poor Christine (or maybe $ Christine as she makes bank dumping this dooch). What psychchological misery to be unloved.

Christine, you look great.! Stay away from toxic Kody. You are still young, fcs,  Good luck with your life!

I know polygamy is their religion and their vision, but Kody, if you want it to work you have to at least try to be a decent husband to your wives (fail, and fail again and again).

• Upvote 6

Christine has been posting more on Instagram and she seems incredibly happy. It seems to be a combo of both not having to rely on Kody for any of her happiness and being near more of her kids.

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

Christine has been posting more on Instagram and she seems incredibly happy. It seems to be a combo of both not having to rely on Kody for any of her happiness and being near more of her kids.

Where is she?

3 hours ago, gustava said:

Where is she?

She moved back to Utah and took Truly with her. Aspyn and Mykelti both live nearby. Ysabel lives with Maddie in NC, and I think Paedon is in the military.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

Does anyone think any of the children will be polygamists? I just can’t see too many wanting that. They have seen how poorly it played out amongst their parents. I can’t imagine them wanting that for themselves. 

• I Agree 7

Not to mention Kody, in his "wisdom", moved the kids away from areas where there are other polygamists.  So they are not being raised among peers who see that as a normal choice.  I would be shocked if any of the kids become polygamists, especially not from the original three wives.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

Early on Mariah was the vocal one for wanting to be a polygamist. I think she was a kid parroting her parents beliefs. She took some time to evaluate what she really believed, and clearly did not go the polygamist route. 

I agree with the @Queen Of Heartsnone of the original three wives kids will be polygamist. Maybe Robyn's kids will go that path, but they are younger, so I think time will tell. I would hate for any of Robyn's kids to become a polygamist just to please Robyn and Kody. Robyn's two older daughters seem to me to be desperate to please, and I hope they take some time to consider what they believe and what they truly want. 

The one good thing about the Brown parents is I think they love and accept their children for who they are. I am guessing many parents from the Browns old church would not openly, publicly, and genuinely accept Mariah. Yes, I think a parent should love and accept their child for who they are, but as we know many don't. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

On 11/18/2021 at 3:32 PM, ifosterkittens said:

I agree with the @Queen Of Heartsnone of the original three wives kids will be polygamist. Maybe Robyn's kids will go that path, but they are younger, so I think time will tell. I would hate for any of Robyn's kids to become a polygamist just to please Robyn and Kody. Robyn's two older daughters seem to me to be desperate to please, and I hope they take some time to consider what they believe and what they truly want. 

I don’t think any of them will, not even Robyn’s kids. With Christine gone, Janelle (who has never seemed super into Kody) doing her own thing, and whatever is going on with Meri, Robyn’s kids are basically growing up in a monogamous family. The closest they came to being part of a polygamist family was the 7-ish years the family lived on the same cul-de-sac in Vegas. 
Kody apparently talked to a fan on Cameo and in the talk did not recommend polygamy, so I doubt he’d recommend it to any of his children.

It will be interesting to see how Robyn reacts to Christine leaving in the new season. Contrary to popular opinion, I don’t think she ever wanted Kody to herself and wanted to be part of a functioning polygamist family. I think she might be slightly frustrated by how things have turned out because I think she is currently the most devout spouse and genuinely believed in living the “principle”. Janelle also seems committed to the principle, but she seems to have the mentality of “this is my decision and I don’t care how anyone else in the family is interpreting it.”

• Upvote 7

Aspyn’s husband grew up in a polygamist family and to me seemed interested in the idea when it was raised in the episodes covering their wedding, so I think it’s possible she could roped into it, although she doesn’t seem to want it. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Dominionatrix said:

Aspyn’s husband grew up in a polygamist family and to me seemed interested in the idea when it was raised in the episodes covering their wedding, so I think it’s possible she could roped into it, although she doesn’t seem to want it. 

I think years ago, when Aspyn’s parents had a functioning relationship, she could have been roped into it even if she herself wasn’t a fan of the idea. Seeing how polygamy has worked out for her family and already disliking the idea (she always seemed offended that Mitch wouldn’t think she was enough for him), I can see her leaving the marriage before letting him take another wife. The only caveat would be if she has become much more devout than she was ever depicted on the show and she believes another wife is needed for her and Mitch’s eternal security. I think she’s seen enough to know that all the non-afterlife reasons all her moms mentioned in favor of polygamy (“being a sister wife makes me a better person”) is a bunch of baloney.

• Upvote 5

Have any of the children acknowledged leaving Mormonism altogether? One of the daughters married someone from a Hispanic Catholic background. (I am sorry, I believe it was Tony and Mykelti.) Has she mentioned what religion they would raise their children as? 

17 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Have any of the children acknowledged leaving Mormonism altogether? One of the daughters married someone from a Hispanic Catholic background. (I am sorry, I believe it was Tony and Mykelti.) Has she mentioned what religion they would raise their children as? 

Maddie has stated that she and Caleb are not Mormons. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

I’m surprised the Browns still have a show. I used to watch it back when I lived in Utah. My coworker was neighbors with them, and it fascinated me that polygamists could live next to mainstream Utah Mormons in a suburb. I stopped following them but a couple years later watched Big Love on HBO which was also fascinating even though fictional.

The only thing I really remember was Robyn’s long honeymoon that included a safari and the OG wives’ reactions to the length of the honeymoon.

• Upvote 2

I will do a recap later, but clearly Christine's dissatisfaction with her marriage, and the family culture is going to be the theme this season.

Two years later they finally got a surveyor to decide on lots, and Kody has decided he wants his own lot, the lot with the pond. The wives when meeting with Kody and the surveyor at the property said this is new information. Also Christine said she thought they would be recreating the cul-de-sac with homes close together, so I think everyone is meeting the surveyor with completely different ideas in mind. 

The proposed lots include three 2 acre lots, and two 4 acre lots. Kody's lot will be the two acre lot with the pond. The other two acre lots have more trees on them (proposed they be Christine and Meri's lots). Janelle will get a four acre lot where she can put green houses and garden beds near the pond. The other four acre lot would go to Robyn. The four acre lots have fewer trees, and Kody thinks financially they are worth as much as the wooded two acre lots. Kody wants to build a home on his lot for family gatherings. 

• Upvote 6

On 11/19/2021 at 3:06 AM, DalmatianCat said:

She moved back to Utah and took Truly with her. Aspyn and Mykelti both live nearby. Ysabel lives with Maddie in NC, and I think Paedon is in the military.

Where is Gwendolyn?? She just graduated didn’t she, did she go to off to school somewhere? 

Re: getting the surveyors out there… Why wouldn’t they do this about 2years ago when the purchased the land??  God I love this car wreck of a show. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic