ifosterkittens
On 9/14/2019 at 5:17 PM, mstee said:

These people buy houses like crazy. And move a ton. I don’t get why they bought another house and aren’t putting their money towards building homes on their land. 

https://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2019/09/14/sister-wives-star-kody-brown-fourth-wife-robyn-reportedly-drop-900000-on-arizona-home/

$900,000 for Robyn's new home blows my mind! The link below includes pictures and loves to poke fun at her saying she was afraid of wooded areas, and the forest fires, and now owns four heavily wooded acres. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7443831/Sister-Wives-stars-Kody-Robyn-Brown-plunk-900-000-Arizona-home.html

I would love to know how the Browns could afford to buy the 20 acres in Flagstaff for $820,000 while having four mortgages in Las Vegas. Then they bought Christine's house for $520,000. I think three of the four Las Vegas homes have sold, so naturally they spend $900,000 on Robyn's new house. The whole we are moving to put some money in the bank because we have equity in the Vegas homes was clearly a lie. Do they use monopoly money? How do they qualify for all these mortgages? Are they all going to file for bankruptcy again once the show is over? I don't want some crummy episode about their fake family interactions I want an episode to how they afford their lifestyle, the homes, land, cars, etc. 

Edited by HA88
Didn't proofread
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 1
  • Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SilverBeach

• Alice in Fundieland

• ifosterkittens

• AliceInFundyland

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And for your viewing pleasure I present Cody in ringlets!  

I think it's obvious how Kody convinced 4 women to marry him: he preyed on vulnerable women who felt they were undeserving of attention from someone like him.  Then he uses that to keep them around an

My heart broke for Gabriel. IDK about Vegas or Arizona or Utah, but in NYC parents move into closet sized apartments just to have a good zip code for their kids to go to a better school. My mind can't

Posted Images

OyToTheVey

Favorite Robyn gets a pretty nice house while Meri is being kicked out of her rental. I still don’t know why they didn’t use the 900k to build on land they already own. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I know that they had previously filed for bankruptcy prior to the show. I just have a hard time believing that they all have learned to manage their money better since and all have amazing credit-enough for all these different houses and mortgages and everything. It’s just all really bizarre to me. And I don’t understand purchasing all these different homes if their end goal is really to live on that land. It almost makes me think that the land is for show and not really for them to build on. Which would also be crazy because they did spend the money for it, not just tour it as a plot-line. I don’t think Meri actually spends time in Arizona. She posts a lot about her daughter and her extended family but not about her sister wives or their kids. I think she is either at her bed and breakfast in Utah or traveling. But that’s just a guess. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1
On 9/14/2019 at 11:17 PM, mstee said:

These people buy houses like crazy. And move a ton. I don’t get why they bought another house and aren’t putting their money towards building homes on their land. 

https://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2019/09/14/sister-wives-star-kody-brown-fourth-wife-robyn-reportedly-drop-900000-on-arizona-home/

Gosh, they buy a ton of houses. I see why Christine bought hers as she wasn't allowed to move her pets with her to any rentals. A 3-bedroom house is reasonable given that only three more children are living with her at this time. Robyn's new house seems excessive. How do they afford this? Certainly not by selling ugly jewellery or shilling LuLaRoe?! 

Speaking of LuLaRoe, Christine is shilling hard for it these days while Meri is #Living[Her]Why far away from the family 😂. I have no idea why fundies always fall for these MLM schemes. That surely can't bring in more money than if Christine was working a part-time job and going to community college or real college to acquire an actual skill that she could put to use? 

Since the beginning of the show she has often expressed how being heavily over-weight has affected her happiness and self-esteem, and we all know that K-douche has given her a hard time over it more than once ('Nachos', just sayin'). Janelle stated that Kody had not once given her a hard time over her weight or commented on her looks negatively. Just shows again how K used Christine's looks as a way to belittle and control Christine. That said, whatever it is that's brought her some peace, maybe it's Flagstaff, maybe it's having less little kids to take care of, maybe it's Kody just letting her be, maybe it's a lifestyle change, but she looks fabulous these days. 

Spoiler

Edited by Pretzel
  • Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

FYI about Garrison/Robert, LDS church policy has also changed. That’s why it was easier for him to get baptized. New prophet as of January 2018.

• Upvote 2
DarkAnts

If I were Meri, I would leave. It clear that Cody has no interest in having a relationship with her at this point.  She should move on and find someone who loves her. She deserves to be happy too.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
Pretzel

@DarkAnts I was wondering why all wives (plus kids) seemed so incredibly happy in their instagram posts lately. At first I thought it must've been the move to Flagstaff and it's really benefitted all of them. Then it occurred to me that they're still all living separately and probably don't have to see each other or Kody frequently. I assume that none of the "adults" don't see the irony, though. They're all better off leading their own lives. Meri is barely at home anymore and if she stayed true to herself she'd admit that she's over the entire family. I'm sure that she'd be way less emotionally manipulative if she was with someone that really loved her and appreciated her for who she is. 

• Upvote 6
Bethella

Maddie has announced that Evangalynn was diagnosed with fibular aplasia, tibial campomelia and oligosyndactyly (FATCO) syndrome, an extremely rare genetic disorder that affects bone formation in utero. They knew something was wrong from ultrasounds but she's missing a thumb and a toe, two of her fingers are fused together and one leg was missing a fibula and also had a bowed tibia. The cause and prognosis is unknown but it sounds like they're handling things fairly well.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/sister-wives-maddie-brown-brush-120059347.html

• Sad 7
  • Love 2

Actually, it looks like Evangalynn has a lot more issues than Maddie describes. She is missing at least a few fingers, besides the fused ones on her right hand, both lower legs are bowed, the left foot looks like it’s missing several bones and her left hip looks wrong to me. And the right arm is not developed entirely. Poor kid, hope her parents can afford a lot of physical therapy, cos she’s going to need it.

Alice in Fundieland

I saw an Instagram post from Maddie about this. It sounds as if the response has been overwhelmingly positive and supportive (as it should be). She said people have shared information about different organizations and it sounds like they’ve also been sharing their own similar stories with her. Hopefully they will find a community of support for their family. 

I know when my cousin was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis I sent his mother information about the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and the work they do. She hadn’t heard of them (the baby was only a few weeks old and newly diagnosed) but she said she appreciated that I did that. It eased her mind to see what research is being done and to find other CF families. Hopefully by sharing this news, Maddie and Caleb will gain support and encouragement.

• Upvote 3
SweetLaurel
On 10/21/2019 at 2:06 AM, Pretzel said:

I was wondering why all wives (plus kids) seemed so incredibly happy in their instagram posts lately. At first I thought it must've been the move to Flagstaff and it's really benefitted all of them. Then it occurred to me that they're still all living separately and probably don't have to see each other or Kody frequently.

Well, when they were all on the same block, they all knew where he was and who he was spending the night with - and like Christine said one time, 'when you look out the window and see him taking out the trash for someone else, you are doing it yourself, and he's not been by in a week...'   yeah, they are probably all much happier where they don't see that.  Will be interesting to see what happens in the next few years, outside of the show.   

Poor baby- hope Maddie and her husband have really good insurance and get lots of support.   

• Upvote 4
indianabones

I did some googling after reading the part about amputation and thinking "WTF?" It looks like lots of kids who have similar leg issues end up having them (partially) amputated when they're around one year old, then learn to walk with prosthetics. It leads to the best quality of life. But it's very hard, emotionally, for parents- I can't imagine having a surgeon amputate your baby's limb.

• I Agree 3
OyToTheVey

I just saw Maddies posts. It’s so awful. I hope they have all the support they need. Evie is going to need a lot of physical therapy.  I know they’re in the public eye but going public with all this couldn’t have been easy. All the comments have been really positive. I think that’s what they need right now. 

• Upvote 1
Pretzel
On 10/28/2019 at 2:40 AM, OyToTheVey said:

I just saw Maddies posts. It’s so awful. I hope they have all the support they need. Evie is going to need a lot of physical therapy.  I know they’re in the public eye but going public with all this couldn’t have been easy. All the comments have been really positive. I think that’s what they need right now. 

I hope it stays that way. People are awful and the last thing they need is people being nasty about a baby. However, Maddie said several foundations have reached out to them so I hope that this at least brought them some professional support and good resources to draw from in the future. They need all the support they can get. 

I admire them for going public and showing their daughter it's nothing she needs to be ashamed of. She is too little to understand but one day she will. 

• Upvote 4
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...