IGNORED

Pris & David 7: Wall to Wall Wallers

Jellybean

Hey Pecans, enjoying the sunshine and fresh air while wearing appropriate safety gear, you get a cookie! Jill Rod, take notes, this is what engaged parents do for their children.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

this is what engaged parents do for their children

I thought engaged people weren’t supposed to have children...

35 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Hey Pecans, enjoying the sunshine and fresh air while wearing appropriate safety gear, you get a cookie! Jill Rod, take notes, this is what engaged parents do for their children.

I don’t know. I would rather see Davia with a life jacket or puddle jumper instead of the water wings. I wore those in the early 80s and they slid off a lot. 

On 7/23/2018 at 5:06 PM, HereticHick said:

Wasn't Davy enroute to being a judge at the National Bible Bee when the infamous PECAN GLEANING* occurred??

Not quite.  He was on his way to Florida after being a judge at the National Bible Bee.  The pounds of purloined pecans were packed into a Bible Bee tote.  I still find that exquisitely funny.

On 7/24/2018 at 12:08 AM, snickerz said:

Those who think Brighton looks like family are correct. 

(from an old thread https://www.freejinger.org/topic/10171-daniel-candice-keller-got-a-baby/?do=findComment&comment=353664 )

Any resemblance would be to Candice's family, not the Kellers.  Brighton is Candice's brother's biological son.  Daniel and Candice adopted him.  I hope Candice and her family still have access to Brighton.  I'm not sure how custody ended up after the divorce. 

I don't know why Priscilla always has such a pained expression on her face in videos.

It’s all the thinking. It confuses her and she has to think super hard.

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t know. I would rather see Davia with a life jacket or puddle jumper instead of the water wings. I wore those in the early 80s and they slid off a lot. 

They never slid off me but I haaaaated them and the plasticky pressure on my arms.  I'm shuddering looking at Davia.  But I remember hating vests even more.  But I have sensory issues.  It's odd to me that she has different safety gear than her brothers, but maybe it's what was available and fit, and I do give them props for putting something on all three of them*.  Davia's swimsuit is also passable for me - a bit cumbersome, but not completely stupid.  At least it's actual swimwear vs regular clothes and it doesn't look like she's wearing leggings!

*full disclosure the Pecans are currently my pet fundies so I cut them slack where I'd be a total BEC over the Dullards or Rods doing the same thing

Well, crap! The whole fam damily was in the 'hood and once again, I missed out. One day I will lay eyes on all the fabulousness that TFDW radiates, and then I can cross that off my bucket list. :fire-nanner:

6 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Not quite.  He was on his way to Florida after being a judge at the National Bible Bee.  The pounds of purloined pecans were packed into a Bible Bee tote.  I still find that exquisitely funny.

Any resemblance would be to Candice's family, not the Kellers.  Brighton is Candice's brother's biological son.  Daniel and Candice adopted him.  I hope Candice and her family still have access to Brighton.  I'm not sure how custody ended up after the divorce. 

ooh so the brother is divorced too. that's two divorced siblings and one out of wedlock baby in the Keller family guess that kool-aid just didn't stick well in that family. too bad It didn't stick with Anna. 

Davia's swimwear looks completely appropriate to me. If I lived in Texas, I would always dress my kid in either a one piece with lots of coverage or swim trunks and a sun shirt. My son and I are both pasty white so when we go swimming we cover up like that so that we are not burnt to a crisp.

My guess on the water wings is that this is what fit her. But I know that I hated wearing a vest when I was a kid and much preferred the water wings. My son also didn't like the vest we got for him and now he weighs enough for the water wings that also have some flotation stuff on the front and would be very difficult to slip off. He likes those much better than the vest which always seemed very cumbersome in the water for him.

David and Priscilla had a date night while Kendalyn and Robert Staddon watched their kids. Next week they'll have the Staddon kids and the Staddon's will have date night. Fascinating stuff. Almost as fascinating as their date.

No blooming onions this time ;) 

41 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

David and Priscilla had a date night while Kendalyn and Robert Staddon watched their kids. Next week they'll have the Staddon kids and the Staddon's will have date night. Fascinating stuff. Almost as fascinating as their date.

No blooming onions this time ;) 

This is actually a good set up for fundies. I know many fundies don’t trust non family babysitters in general but if you are longtime close friends with another fundie family, this could work really well. It’s free and gives the parents some kid free time. I can honestly see how David and Pris make ends meet. Some fundies baffle me as to how they afford things. But David and Pris seem to be natural spend thrifts. Lucky for their kids. In fundie families where the money management sucks (Jill Rod), I believe the children often suffer the most. 

On 7/25/2018 at 2:21 PM, Palimpsest said:

Candice also have Brighton. I'm not sure what kind of custody they have, but in other Keller gatherings, Daniel was alone, so I assume the boy was with her mother.

On 7/24/2018 at 10:33 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

my toddler wears water wings and doesn't slid. He jumps into the swimmimg pool like a thousand times and the wings do not move.

3 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

my toddler wears water wings and doesn't slid. He jumps into the swimmimg pool like a thousand times and the wings do not move.

Maybe they make them better these days? I just know they slid off all the time when I was a kid.

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe they make them better these days? I just know they slid off all the time when I was a kid.

I don't know, I don't remember using them.in my childhood. But currently in the swimming pool all the toddlers wear it and it works. 

Vests are great and safer, but they are a bit unconfortable for swimming pools, because the heat.  I only put him a vest when we went on a boat, because the obvious danger. Of course my toddler is never alone in the swimming pool, and never far from me, and we do not go if the place is crowded. I am sure Waller kids were not swimming/splashing alone, so Davia was safe.

21 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

I don't know, I don't remember using them.in my childhood. But currently in the swimming pool all the toddlers wear it and it works. 

Vests are great and safer, but they are a bit unconfortable for swimming pools, because the heat.  I only put him a vest when we went on a boat, because the obvious danger. Of course my toddler is never alone in the swimming pool, and never far from me, and we do not go if the place is crowded. I am sure Waller kids were not swimming/splashing alone, so Davia was safe.

Just google floaties or water wings safety. They are more considered toys than an actual water safety device. 

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Just google floaties or water wings safety. They are more considered toys than an actual water safety device. 

Yes, they have printed in that the kids cannot be left alone in the water with water wings. But anyway, as vests are unconfortable for him, I just use the wings and I'm with him all the time, no exception.

I know boat vests are safer (not the vests Waller are using, but the ones with a big collar), but I wouldn't let him alone in a swimming pool even with those.

15 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Yes, they have printed in that the kids cannot be left alone in the water with water wings. But anyway, as vests are unconfortable for him, I just use the wings and I'm with him all the time, no exception.

I know boat vests are safer (not the vests Waller are using, but the ones with a big collar), but I wouldn't let him alone in a swimming pool even with those.

Puddle jumpers are a little different from life vests so he might tolerate them better.

On 7/26/2018 at 5:34 AM, Baxter said:

Davia's swimwear looks completely appropriate to me. If I lived in Texas, I would always dress my kid in either a one piece with lots of coverage or swim trunks and a sun shirt. My son and I are both pasty white so when we go swimming we cover up like that so that we are not burnt to a crisp.

My kids are adults now but they both wore rashie suits like this when they were little (except theirs had long sleeves). We live under a massive ozone hole (Australia) so it was rare to see kids in regular swimwear. 

I still wear long sleeved rashies at the beach - it’s too dangerous not to :( 

I think (hope) they’re cute. But I’m not alone - most people my age wear them here. I think I’d get a few side eyes if I dared to wear it in the US? 

Mine is the same as this except black:

https://www.seafolly.com/au/bali-hai-long-sleeve-sunvest/60203-191.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7oKV0a7G3AIV2qmWCh0mpgqnEAQYASABEgKci_D_BwE

6 hours ago, adidas said:

My kids are adults now but they both wore rashie suits like this when they were little (except theirs had long sleeves). We live under a massive ozone hole (Australia) so it was rare to see kids in regular swimwear. 

I still wear long sleeved rashies at the beach - it’s too dangerous not to :( 

I think (hope) they’re cute. But I’m not alone - most people my age wear them here. I think I’d get a few side eyes if I dared to wear it in the US? 

Mine is the same as this except black:

https://www.seafolly.com/au/bali-hai-long-sleeve-sunvest/60203-191.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7oKV0a7G3AIV2qmWCh0mpgqnEAQYASABEgKci_D_BwE

Oh no you wouldn’t be side eyed. There are parts of the US where you will get BURNED very quickly if you aren’t wearing sunscreen or UV protective swim wear. I have family who have lived in AZ for decades and they put sunscreen on constantly and lots of people put rash guards on so they don’t have to keep applying sunscreen. I will say that in colder areas of the country, you will see a few less rash guards. Unfortunately I think that some people in colder climates of the US don’t worry as much about the sun. But it sometimes catches up to them. I think people are finally realizing the negative consequences of not using sun protection. 

On 7/22/2018 at 10:15 PM, onekidanddone said:

Drusilla. That way it is honors her mom and Buffy

I kinda like Dreadlee.

On 7/24/2018 at 4:32 PM, luv2laugh said:

I don't know why Priscilla always has such a pained expression on her face in videos.

Because she's afraid that David might make her talk more.

Pris has squinty eyes like her mom. If you look at her mom, if she smiles, her eyes are totally squinting. Pris is the same. It’s pronably why she always looks pained in David’s videos.

On 7/29/2018 at 12:07 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Some fundies baffle me as to how they afford things. But David and Pris seem to be natural spend thrifts.

A spendthrift is someone who spends money foolishly, and who spends more than they have. I think you mean that they are NOT spendthrifts.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived