IGNORED

Pris & David 7: Wall to Wall Wallers

Jellybean

Possible D names:

Daria/Darya: a little close to Davia, but if she has the same "1000% done" facial expression as her big sister, it'll be a very fitting name...plus I just really like the name Daria

Della: I'm sure the Wallers don't listen to Della Reese, but Della is such a pretty name

Dorothy: It means "gift from God", so there's your religious angle taken care of, and it's a good, classic name

Deborah: I feel horrible for this, but whenever I see the name Deborah/Debbie, I just envision a middle-aged lady who would be friends with Carol, Linda, and Nancy and all those other names people use when they're making fun of people giving unsolicited opinions (NOBODY FUCKING ASKED YOU CAROL)

Daisy: Super cute name, maybe a little cutesy for my taste, but hey, it's Queen Margrethe of Denmark's nickname, and she's pretty damn queenly, so...

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, themothership said:

I don’t keep up with the Wallers but is the brother who offered Anna help after the whole Josh incidents there? He is the divorced one maybe?

Thanks

Yes - Daniel (corrected, middle of the picture). He, Rebekah, and Susannah are all out of the cult.

DavidlovesPriscilla09-768x512.jpg.bd1e530947f407e7050e23a706ec720d.jpg

I love Dorothy or Dorothea, Dinah (Red Tent!), and Daisy. Most fundies would probably not choose Delilah, I'm guessing, but maybe Delia or Dahlia.

30 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Yes - Nathan (middle of the picture). He, Rebekah, and Susannah are all out of the cult.

It’s Daniel that is out and Divorced. He has a son Brighton but he wasn’t in the family pic so he must’ve been with his mom, Candace. But he sometimes brings Brighton to family stuff so he gets at least partial custody of him. Nathan and David are the two youngest and they are still living at home. I bet they will marry nice fundie girls. 

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s Daniel that is out and Divorced. He has a son Brighton but he wasn’t in the family pic so he must’ve been with his mom, Candace. But he sometimes brings Brighton to family stuff so he gets at least partial custody of him. Nathan and David are the two youngest and they are still living at home. I bet they will marry nice fundie girls. 

Thank you I corrected my post!

In my mind I always connect the 2 youngest boys as the double Ds :pb_eek:

@nastyhobbitses. the Wallers would be unlikely to know who Della Street is either.  I always loved Barbara Hale as Perry Mason's secretary.

The cheeks are amazing on all the Waller babies. I would love to see a baby picture of Priscilla. I bet she had those cheeks and was adorable like Davia.

Lol Philip, long may his Davia-like faces continue. 

It's always been interesting to me at how Pris and Pecan/Keller parents continue to interact with the family members who've left the cult. Not that I'm suggesting they should be cut out, but they seem to remain a closeish family. 

Other than (major assumption) Daniel and "that pig she calls her husband" of course. Super curious of his feelings about the whole situation now and also what he thinks of Pecan. 

13 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

It's always been interesting to me at how Pris and Pecan/Keller parents continue to interact with the family members who've left the cult. Not that I'm suggesting they should be cut out, but they seem to remain a closeish family. 

The Keller parents do not seem to shun family and (some) in laws who have left the cult.  Cult leavers include John Shrader, who is proudly no longer Gothardite and called BG a false prophet.   He just swopped one set of bad "Christian" beliefs for another.

There are photos of family get-to-gethers after Josh's disgrace that include both Daniel Keller and Josh Duggar.  Daniel keeps at a distance from the pig.  I don't think I've seen any photos of Josh McD or Candace with the family since their respective divorces though.  

Pregnancy suits Priscilla! She's glowing right now! Her and David look even more alike these days, not sure why. 

@Carm_88, my first thought was, "so Pecan looks like a pregnant woman?"  i'll be in the prayer closet if anyone needs me.....

I'm starting to see a real resemblance between Davia and Mackynzie.

They all look especially healthy and happy in that pic.

I’m imagining family get togethers in the Keller family are quite similar to those of non fundies. In my family and most families there are a few people that may not get along. They just don’t say much beyond “hi how are you? Good.” I’m sure that’s Josh and Daniel. 

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m imagining family get togethers in the Keller family are quite similar to those of non fundies. In my family and most families there are a few people that may not get along. They just don’t say much beyond “hi how are you? Good.” I’m sure that’s Josh and Daniel. 

I guess that might be one of the ways that being a non-drinking family would help. Everyone probably leaves just as sober as they came, so people are less likely to lower their defenses and let the people they dislike know exactly how they feel. :pb_lol: 

20 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I guess that might be one of the ways that being a non-drinking family would help. Everyone probably leaves just as sober as they came, so people are less likely to lower their defenses and let the people they dislike know exactly how they feel. :pb_lol: 

See, at events with my non drinking extended family we all just leave knowing exactly how much we dislike each other, especially because you can't blame alcohol for my aunt's manipulative dysfunction, and that ish always ultimately draws fire.  But YMMV :)

• 2 weeks later...

I’m glad the Staddons don’t force their little girls to wear those cumbersome swim dresses. 

776DDF1E-2746-46B9-9C5A-D65897D86198.png

They do have cute kids but I miss the grumpy face Davia would make when she was younger...it was so funny.

• 2 weeks later...

The Waller's Big Sandy buddies Robert and Kendalyn celebrated Memorial Day in an impressively tone-deaf way--with a quote from Henry Ford.

Because nothing honors those who died in American military service more than a quote from a pacifist, fascist, anti-semite.

SOTDRT for the win. :my_confused:

18 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

The Waller's Big Sandy buddies Robert and Kendalyn celebrated Memorial Day in an impressively tone-deaf way--with a quote from Henry Ford.

Because nothing honors those who died in American military service more than a quote from a pacifist, fascist, anti-semite.

Woooooooooow. That's a bad one. And weird--that quote doesn't have anything to do with serving in the military or remembrance or the like. 

30 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Rufus forgive me, I might defend a fundie. I am embarrassed to admit I only know Henry Ford as an inventor, like Thomas Alva Edison. I am assuming thge same is true for  the Wallers. Quoting anyone is complicated. Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, I have great reservations about quoting, however, in spite oif themselves they do have some great quotes. A Lutheran might quote Martin Luther, even though he did make anti-semetic statements later in life.  Having said that, I 100% agree the quote is truly bizarre and has nothing to do with sacrifice or patriotism. Crawls away, begging forgiveness as I go. 

On 5/8/2018 at 6:13 PM, Carm_88 said:

Pregnancy suits Priscilla! She's glowing right now! Her and David look even more alike these days, not sure why. 

There was a coonent on tumblr during the last pregnancy on a photo of Pris and David looking like siblings

'looks like Jaime and Cersei are going to have little Tommen soon' or something like that.

Can't find it anymore unfortunately.

That post was pure gold!

I'm really disturbed with the sentiments of Happy Memorial Day. Memorial Day, or Decoration Day, as it started after the Civil War, was a day to remember the soldiers who have died and to decorate their graves. After World War 1, it became a day to decorate the graves of and remember those killed in all wars. I know many families commemorate deceased family members as well, but to me, it is a solemn day, not a day to be happy about. To say Happy Memorial Day downplays the sacrifices made to give us our freedoms. While I know the fundies focus on the heaven part of death, they really miss commemorating the sacrifices made on their behalf. Knowing the approximate ages of those of us here on FreeJinger, I'd guess that others besides me know of those who either died during Vietnam, the Gulf War, Iraq, or Afghanistan, or during military exercises in a more peaceful time.

9 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Rufus forgive me, I might defend a fundie. I am embarrassed to admit I only know Henry Ford as an inventor, like Thomas Alva Edison. I am assuming thge same is true for  the Wallers. 

It was the Staddon's actually; the very good friends of David and Priscilla. The Wallers didn't make any Memorial Day posts on instagram. They're quite quiet lately. 

@Audrey2, there was a couple on my local news making the same point as you, about "Happy Memorial Day" being inappropriate. Their 19 year old son died in Afghanistan 15 years ago. It was a good reminder of the original intent of the day. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived