IGNORED

Pris & David 7: Wall to Wall Wallers

Jellybean

12 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I agree. I have never seen a child so easily look disgusted and snarky in almost every picture. 

Clearly, you’ve never seen my baby pictures. :pb_lol:

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Little Pecanette is coming soon! Jeez seems like just yesterday I was a new member and we were waiting for the arrival of Phil. 

On 8/28/2018 at 4:44 AM, Carm_88 said:

Little Pecanette is coming soon! Jeez seems like just yesterday I was a new member and we were waiting for the arrival of Phil. 

I'm really glad you stuck around. Your posts are always a highlight for me!

On 8/19/2018 at 10:03 AM, tabitha2 said:

The skirts only thing is going out of style except for the Maxwell types or the older ladies.

The older church ladies in the baby shower pictures are all wearing pants.  No sign of the Adam Wallers or the Robert Staddons in those photos either.  Everyone except the Pecans is "the elderly.'

I have to admit that I'm really giving the side-eye to that pile of baby shower loot Davy and Pris grifted for the fourth Pecanette.  They should have plenty of baby blankets, quilts and what have you left over from the other 3 , and lots of Davia's little frilly dresses and bows packed away.  The new car seat was a nice idea, because improved versions come out frequently, and diapers are always welcome,  but that was a big pile of gifts.

I'm sure the congregation was delighted to bless this precious young family in their midst.  However, I hope they don't feel obliged to fork out extravagant gifts for every Quiverfull birth in their midst.  There will be a lot more babies in the future.

I googled and found that there are no fewer than 14 "Baptist" churches in and around Big Sandy.  I haven't been through them all to see which are IFB.  I suspect the ALERT and ATI staff are spreading out and attending different churches in the area.   Better to do that with the purpose of infiltration, and better to spread out the baby shower grifting among different congregations.  Yes, I am cynical.

On 8/29/2018 at 9:59 AM, JMO said:

Now look at you @Carm_88 you are an old and Wizzened Elderly.  

Where's my walker and why are those kids on my lawn? :P 

I honestly cannot wait to see the new Pecanette. Just to see if she follows the example of Davia and Phil with the best expressions. I know we won't get dump truck baby again, but I'm hoping for another pinterest fail! 

9 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I honestly cannot wait to see the new Pecanette. Just to see if she follows the example of Davia and Phil with the best expressions. I know we won't get dump truck baby again, but I'm hoping for another pinterest fail! 

Perhaps we could have Washtub Baby or Knitting Basket Baby!

16 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I just hope she’S NAMED Pecanette. Maybe they can name this girl after a parent like they did with the first and call she Driscilla?

Well, since Pecanette is due in the fall, in lieu of a dump truck, maybe they'll try (and fail) at these pinterest pics: (under spoiler due to multiple images)

Spoiler

20180830_pintfail1.PNG.51bac9e12bb53e3d932addcb6cf4df79.PNG

20180830_pintfail2.PNG.fe6055ae01df5a9b6419cd58c6293d30.PNG

1 minute ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Well, since Pecanette is due in the fall, in lieu of a dump truck, maybe they'll try (and fail) at these pinterest pics: (under spoiler due to multiple images)

Hide contents

Omg I bet they stick her in a pumpkin! We need to all guess what they will stick poor baby D Waller in! 

The other one I saw that made me cringe:

20180830_pintfail3.PNG

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Omg I bet they stick her in a pumpkin! We need to all guess what they will stick poor baby D Waller in! 

She will be in a basket surrounded by Pecans! :P 

On 8/29/2018 at 10:13 AM, Palimpsest said:

I googled and found that there are no fewer than 14 "Baptist" churches in and around Big Sandy.  I haven't been through them all to see which are IFB.  I suspect the ALERT and ATI staff are spreading out and attending different churches in the area.   Better to do that with the purpose of infiltration, and better to spread out the baby shower grifting among different congregations.  Yes, I am cynical.

David posted on Twitter that they attend First Baptist Church in Big Sandy and invited everyone to join them. The church doesn’t have a website.

I also thought they didn’t need everything they received for a 4th baby. They should donate it to mothers in need. They’ve already had like 4 baby showers and counting. They likely will have more baby showers in the future. They should just host a party and ask people to bring items to donate to moms in need.

I am not sure why some fundies like Priscilla insist on wearing floor length skirts when their fellow church members are perfectly fine and plentiful in pants.

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

A basket overflowing with scratchy fake flowers.

4 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Reveal hidden contents

What a waste of perfectly good candy corn!

6 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I am not sure why some fundies like Priscilla insist on wearing floor length skirts when their fellow church members are perfectly fine and plentiful in pants.

Because there's no better way to show that you're the godliest woman ever because you don't succumb to the peer pressure to wear pants like a common harlot. 

9 hours ago, Dandruff said:

A basket overflowing with scratchy fake flowers.

Someone suggested they call her Daisy. If they do, she will definitely be placed in a basket filled with scratchy fake daisies. 

11 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I know there are lots of women in this age group on FJ. The women in my mom’s age group (born in the 50s) wear pants all the time. My mom and her friends very rarely wear skirts or dresses. Basically only to very formal events. I don’t know if it has to do when they grew up in the 50s and 60s when skirts were really common. Or maybe it’s just comfort and what they are used to since pants have been common on women since the 70s. I should ask my mom. I wonder if they just got tired of skirts all the time as a kid so they prefer pants. My step grandmother born in the 1930s told me her dad was strict and made her wear skirts 100% of the time no matter what and she hated it. I never once saw her in a skirt. 

13 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know there are lots of women in this age group on FJ. The women in my mom’s age group (born in the 50s) wear pants all the time. My mom and her friends very rarely wear skirts or dresses. Basically only to very formal events. I don’t know if it has to do when they grew up in the 50s and 60s when skirts were really common. Or maybe it’s just comfort and what they are used to since pants have been common on women since the 70s. I should ask my mom. I wonder if they just got tired of skirts all the time as a kid so they prefer pants. My step grandmother born in the 1930s told me her dad was strict and made her wear skirts 100% of the time no matter what and she hated it. I never once saw her in a skirt. 

My grandma was born in 1931. Most of her life, she wore only dresses. In the 70's she tried pants, as she wanted to dress more modern, but came back to skirts. But when she started to feel old (I mean, she started to have pain, she was moving slower etc) she adopted pants and has never worn a dress again, except in my wedding.

My mum bought a pair of jeans when she was a teenager and never come back to skirts. Well, she wore a gown in her wedding... but silk pants in mine. ?

24 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

My grandma was born in 1931. Most of her life, she wore only dresses. In the 70's she tried pants, as she wanted to dress more modern, but came back to skirts. But when she started to feel old (I mean, she started to have pain, she was moving slower etc) she adopted pants and has never worn a dress again, except in my wedding.

My mum bought a pair of jeans when she was a teenager and never come back to skirts. Well, she wore a gown in her wedding... but silk pants in mine. ?

My great grandmother was born in 1913 and lived into her 90s. She never once wore pants. She had house dresses she wore in the garden and had no problem digging on her hands and knees in them. She could do anything in a dress because she was so used to wearing them all her life. She also didn’t wear long dresses though. I think long skirts and dresses would have been more impractical for her. She also wore those ugly plastic scarves on her head when it rained so it wouldn’t mess up her hair ?

It really depends on the person.  I was born in the 1950s and was pretty much skirts-only until I was 16.   Skirts were required for school until then, and we wore ugly short culottes for sports.   I did own one single pair of pants at any given time for horse riding, gardening, or hiking type things. 

Since then I have worn a mixture of dresses and pants.  I wear pants, jeans, or dresses with leggings under them in the winter   I am decidedly skirts-only in the summer.  I find skirts much cooler than pants or shorts.

My mother was born in 1915.  She started wearing pants in the 60s and loved them.  Even so, she would change into a skirt or dress for smart occasions and church.  She was still wearing pants well into her 90s.  She much preferred them.

I’m far more comfortable in a skirt or dress than I am in pants, and usually wear leggings with one or the other when it’s cold.  I even do gardening and yard work in a skirt or dress a lot of the time, though I usually wear boots, never flip flops.

I wear pants when they are more appropriate for what I’m doing, eradicating blackberries, for example, but I can’t wait to take them off when I’m done.  I feel way too confined in them most of the time.

I’m going trekking in a malarial zone in a little over a week, and am excited about every part of the trip except for the fact that i’ll have to wear long pants the entire time.  I even have comfortable pants to wear, but I know they’ll drive me nuts.

23 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Definitely something “feminine” like a stock pot or a fancy bowl.  No dump trucks for the girl!  

I wear skirts/dresses about 95% of the time.  I just like them and I think they’re comfortable.  My mom was born in1946 and was required to wear skirts while growing up.  Her schools did not allow girls to wear pants, and her parents pushed all four of their daughters to wear skirts more often than not.  My mom hated the have-to notion and favored pants as soon as she got married (at age 20).  By the time I was old enough to notice, her sisters were doing the same.  She encouraged my sister and I to favor casual wardrobes, and therefore pants.  My sister was on board, but I was the outlier.  I have always liked to dress up.  When given a choice, I wore skirts to school.  As an adult, I wore pants even less.  Now that i’ve gained weight and carry it through the hips, I have a hard time finding pants that don’t look sloppy (and I hate trying on clothes).  Today I wore to work a knee length circle skirt with a crinoline, and changed into a knit maxi skirt when I got home.  (I’ve found that full skirts are flattering to my very hippy pear shape). 

I do wear pants when the situation warrants.  On very cold days, when doing serious yard work (rototillers and flowing fabric are a safety issue), around fire pits, and so forth.  But skirts are just a preference and a fashion statement for me.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived