IGNORED

Lori Alexander 40: Learning Nothing, Teaching Nothing

samurai_sarah

14 hours ago, Briefly said:

What did you say? Inquiring minds want to know!

It's a review on her Amazon page! I'm so snarky....

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lori:

For one thing, the public school system is set up for girls and this is why girls far exceed boys in getting good grades and going to universities.

How exactly do public schools set up their systems for girls?  Are there school board members assigned to this task?  

If I held the position of setting up the school system in order for the girls to excel, I believe my first mandate wpuld be to prohibit the drugging of the boys. I know, I know, that sounds radical, but surely this action would eliminate any chance of the boys sitting at their desks and actually learning?  It is confusing because this seems to run counter to Lori’s understanding that, even though we obviously do drug the boys, the girls are apparently still exceeding them academically.  I don’t know, but I am concerned that there is something faulty in Lori’s logic.  

Hmm school set up for girls? You mean like how my Spanish teacher wouldn't allow any tank tops in his class and would send girls out to get cover ups. Those shoulders are very distracting to boys I mean girls' education. Or maybe it was my sexist biology teacher. And yes all those girls who are told "they're just pulling your hair because they like you" totally puts them at an advantage. 

Edit: my attention span is about 25-30 mins and I'm pretty fidgety regardless of the time. Also I'm a highly visual person in many ways. If there isn't a power point or some visual I will often have a hard time understanding. Even if someone is giving me verbal driving directions it's very hard for me to understand. I have to see a map. So if a class doesn't have a PowerPoint or workbook I pretty much just have to wing it. So school isn't going to always meet everyone's needs regardless of gender.

11 hours ago, FloraBama said:

Anyway, the specific question/thought I have about this thread comes from a comment on yesterday’s blog post (from Sarah): 

“I am so convicted! At this season in      my life, I felt I had to send my precious daughters to public school. Their father, my husband, left me for another woman. And moved to California. I got a job to keep a roof over our heads and food in our mouths. But after your post that school causes mental illness I said NO MORE. 

MY parents have allowed us to move in with them praise God!! And I have found a home school curriculum for my girls! God is faithful in all things!”

I’m having a hard time believing that this is for real. 

Here's what's really weird- Just last week, that reader reported that she'd been homeless with her two children.  Only *very* recently had she secured a job and housing.

I find it exceptionally odd that the same parents who were willing to allow her to go homeless (with children), have now decided to let her move in and not work.  And why?  All because some lady on the internet said so?

In today's post, Lori says:

I homeschooled my sons through junior high

She's so crafty. 

Number 1: She ignores her girls, altogether.

Number 2: She makes it sound like she homeschooled them from day 1, until junior high (probably because she got "so, so sick").

Reality?

I home schooled Steven from fifth grade through eighth grade. 

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2015/01/little-boys-are-not-made-to-sit-in.html

That's right, by "through junior high", Lori means, "ONLY THREE YEARS".

She misleads these people on purpose.  She doesn't want them to know that she used a nanny, public school, private school, and even the local college to educate her kids.  

I watched most of her bathroom video and I was surprised she didn't actually clean the inside of her toilet bowl or show it to us, eeeeeks...what is in there? She just said throw some more vinegar and bar keepers friend in there. I always thought bar keepers was another chemical, but I guess not.  Overall she cleans the whole place with vinegar as if this is some unheard of idea. Its like the oldest cleaning tip in the world. Its boring and useless cause its so overplayed.  I also didn't see if she showed how to clean the floors. 

4 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I watched most of her bathroom video and I was surprised she didn't actually clean the inside of her toilet bowl or show it to us, eeeeeks...what is in there? She just said throw some more vinegar and bar keepers friend in there. I always thought bar keepers was another chemical, but I guess not.  Overall she cleans the whole place with vinegar as if this is some unheard of idea. Its like the oldest cleaning tip in the world. Its boring and useless cause its so overplayed.  I also didn't see if she showed how to clean the floors. 

I really want to see Lazy Lori on her hands and knees scrubbing the floor around her toilet. THAT’s video I would watch. Because as much as I dislike cleaning floors on hands and knees (for years it was my only way to do it), and use microfibers on a handle now as much as possible, every week I still do the bathroom floor on hands and knees. I haven’t figured out how to clean around the toilet without doing that  

Oh, and that vinegar?  I never use it to clean. It makes us both sneeze. That leaves me wondering if I got breast cancer from using cleaning products, applying sunscreen daily, wearing an underwire bra, eating inorganic produce or having yearly mammograms? So many ways to feel guilty...which one shall I ruminate on today?

I'm being lazy as hell today.  (Come fight me, Lori). So I watched her bathroom cleaning video and for your edification I have made a list of the chemicals she cleaned with:

Sodium palmate (dish soap)

Triclosan (dish soap)

Sodium laureth sulfate (dish soap)

linear sodium dodecyl benzene sulfonate (Bar Keeper's Friend)

oxalic acid (BKF)

38 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Overall she cleans the whole place with vinegar as if this is some unheard of idea. Its like the oldest cleaning tip in the world.

Its the same with her food prep...I saw her "how to make a large salad" video the other day. Like we are all so clueless and stupid as women as to know how to cut up lettuce and put it in a bowl if she didn't teach us.  Or how to make a grilled cheese. Or how to buy flowers to make our homes beautiful. Or roast a chicken. Or wipe down the cabinets.   WOMEN ARE JUST SO STUPID.  She has to show us these things. 

22 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

I'm being lazy as hell today.  (Come fight me, Lori). So I watched her bathroom cleaning video and for your edification I have made a list of the chemicals she cleaned with:

Sodium palmate (dish soap)

Triclosan (dish soap)

Sodium laureth sulfate (dish soap)

linear sodium dodecyl benzene sulfonate (Bar Keeper's Friend)

oxalic acid (BKF)

Guess Lori's forgetting that H2O and CH3COOH are also chemicals.  

2 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Guess Lori's forgetting that H2O and CH3COOH are also chemicals.  

Maybe that was in one of her college classes that she forgot.

Re “schools being set up for girls”:  Does she not remember the elite boys-only private schools of England? Boys of the 1800s and early 1900s were expected to sit at desks for hours on end, paying strict attention to their teachers (often with dire consequences if they failed to).

1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I always thought bar keepers was another chemical, but I guess not.  

No, silly. Although it doesn't say so on the label (BarKeepers Friend doesn't like to brag), it is made from 100% sunshine, lollipops and Northern Canadian wildflowers with some ground-up bones from pasture-raised cattle thrown in for abrasion. And it works SO good!

43 minutes ago, Hane said:

Re “schools being set up for girls”:  Does she not remember the elite boys-only private schools of England? Boys of the 1800s and early 1900s were expected to sit at desks for hours on end, paying strict attention to their teachers (often with dire consequences if they failed to).

It's not just England. Jewish boys attending yeshiva were expected to do the same. Chinese boys attending local schools sat for hours learning characters. It's the same world-wide. The male species (deemed better for whatever reason) is given access to learning, while the girls (expected to have babies) are expected to remain at home to learn (or have their sexuality protected).

54 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Its the same with her food prep...I saw her "how to make a large salad" video the other day. Like we are all so clueless and stupid as women as to know how to cut up lettuce and put it in a bowl if she didn't teach us.  Or how to make a grilled cheese. Or how to buy flowers to make our homes beautiful. Or roast a chicken. Or wipe down the cabinets.   WOMEN ARE JUST SO STUPID.  She has to show us these things. 

Really, I'm not much of a cook, but even I know  how to make a grilled cheese sandwich. It's just melting cheese on bread, for goodness sakes!

I wouldn't be surprised at all if a snark site said "this just in! whalebone corsets help beat breast cancer!" - and Lori using it to launch a "return to Victorian fashion" campaign. . . she really falls for every bit of junk science out there.  But then again, I'm beginning to think she does it so she can say "see!  we're more easily deceived than men".

In my school experience, boys were favored.  Our high school honored a graduating scholar-athlete each year.  It was "the athlete who earned a varsity letter in a sport for four years with the highest grade point average".  If that had included girls, that would have been me - I lettered for all four years in tennis, and graduated with the 3rd highest gpa in a class of 540.  (because ironically, it was a weighted system, and being in band lowered my gpa - the two that were ahead of me had study hall for 4 years instead of band).  

The career recruitment drives were all aimed at boys.   My school guidance counselor refused to sign an application for a scholarship to MIT on my behalf because I was female.

Gender bias is very real; and it isn't rampantly anti-male as Lori would have people believe.  I believe she feeds off even the negative attention, and feels a sense of power by censoring/deleting what people say, especially when it is quoting the Bible to her and then calling trying to call it "slander".  

I went to high school in the late 90's and gender bias towards boys was still common.  The school system was not set up for girls. Girls didn't even do gym as it was really only for the boys. 

11 minutes ago, Meeka said:

I went to high school in the late 90's and gender bias towards boys was still common.  The school system was not set up for girls. Girls didn't even do gym as it was really only for the boys. 

My school required co-ed gym twice week, which was torture for shy, klutzy nerds like me. So while I officially acknowledge and disapprove of the glaring inequity of your school's system...I would personally have loved it. 

Seriously, though--how did they get away with that?

On 3/8/2018 at 10:51 AM, Koala said:

Of note, she's WEARING LEGGINGS in the video.  It's funny.  She has a loose top over them.  Just a few months back, a reader told Lori she wore leggings with a loose top that covers everything.  Lori told her she'd never heard of a woman wearing them that way.  :roll:

I came here to say this. SHE IS WEARING LEGGINGS!!!!! 

So. Lori and some other lady on her blog constantly talks about how public schools "teach Greek mythology"...what the F does this mean? Haha. Someone explain it to me. My kids-public school-do not know a damn thing about Greek mythology. They are learning about the function of an eye and dissecting it....it's that Mythology? I mean...it is Greek to me. Haha (Get it? Lol) 

Oh my! Using vinegar and baking soda  together to clean? She needs a chemistry lesson. All you get when combining the 2 is water and a salt. 

I have a pro tip for Lori from a fellow, though older, empty nester. You don't need a lot of time or expensive supplies to clean your bathroom (and the rest of your house) if you don't have a big-ass, multiple-bathroom house.

As I've said on here before, I'm an indifferent housekeeper who would much rather be out in the garden, or cooking what I grow, or working on curriculum, but my bathroom is clean. It took maybe 10 minutes this morning, while I was doing the hand wash in the sink. I use whatever scent-free, environmentally OK cleaner is on sale, and add a couple drops of lavender and tea tree oils, because I don't seem to be allergic to those. I do scrub the floor around the toilet.

Since I still work half-time, household efficiency is good. Now I have time to pick up the grandkids later this afternoon and make our monthly donut run.

I live as natural as possible. HOWEVER, some 'bad' chemicals are SO MUCH better at cleaning. So I use them. Bite me. 

24 minutes ago, Emilycharlotte said:

My school required co-ed gym twice week, which was torture for shy, klutzy nerds like me. So while I officially acknowledge and disapprove of the glaring inequity of your school's system...I would personally have loved it. 

Seriously, though--how did they get away with that?

It was something where it wasn't forbidden or anything for a girl to sign up for gym but there was never any girls in it and that is just the way that it was. The school was an all boys school until about 8-10 before I went and the facilities weren't really updated for when the school went co-ed either. There was no change room, showers etc for the girls  and the bathrooms were tiny. 

25 minutes ago, Meeka said:

Oh my! Using vinegar and baking soda  together to clean? She needs a chemistry lesson. All you get when combining the 2 is water and a salt. 

And carbon dioxide.

I use baking soda and vinegar to get the burned stains off my glass top stove. It works great as a gentle scrubbing agent (baking soda) and then shines it up (vinegar).

But if there is raw juices on the stove top, it gets washed off first and then I use the baking soda and vinegar to attack the burned on stuff.

When I'm feeling particularly adventurous and want to clean the garbage disposal, I throw some baking soda down it. Then heat up some vinegar in the microwave and pour it down. If I get too adventurous with either ingredient, then I have to clean the window above the sink (or the ceiling above the sink). The kids think it's hilarious, though.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived