IGNORED

Lori Alexander 40: Learning Nothing, Teaching Nothing

samurai_sarah

Water is contaminated with birth control pills?? What the what now?? 

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Water is contaminated with birth control pills?? What the what now?? 

I'm pretty sure there have been reports of water sources containing traces of various medicines, because they don't get 100% absorbed and, well, some comes out in pee. So maybe that's what she's taken out of context this time? 

17 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I'm pretty sure there have been reports of water sources containing traces of various medicines, because they don't get 100% absorbed and, well, some comes out in pee. So maybe that's what she's taken out of context this time? 

It is a problem that people are talking about. Quite a lot of contaminants make it into the water table. It's sad, really. 

3 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

It was Dave.  I kept the screenshot.  You know it's way out there when TREY is your voice of reason!  

1506877143354.jpg

What a sick person he is. If he actually took the time to read the Bible he would know he is her sperital head. He is to guide her in ways of the lord not rule over her. Women in the Bible were nothing more than property. The Bible was written by men not god. The Bible is a way for us to get to know gods heart. It’s not a book of rules for people to pick and choose what to follow. 

http://www.womeninthescriptures.com/2010/11/real-meaning-of-term-help-meet.html?m=1

I stumbled upon this blog post while digging deeper into the biblical meaning oh help meet. I wish Lori would read this and the comments. I know she would never read the whole thing since it contradicts what she teaches.

@Free Jana Duggar I'm sorry Lori Alexander Undeleted got disabled. You were nothing but respectful even in your disagreement with Lori's teachings. I reported Biblical Gender Roles to FB a while ago and was told that it didn't meet their definitions for being removed. So how yours got deleted and that one stays is mind boggling.

Here's a link I found for submitting an appeal for a disabled personal page. Hopefully it will work for you.

https://www.facebook.com/help/103873106370583?helpref=faq_content

Spoiler

BF008B78-50A0-4682-AEA0-EB4318BD6183.thumb.jpeg.fb9d39346f4178a45544a74901afc434.jpeg

Yeah, not actually the location of one’s gender identity, Lori.  

@Free Jana Duggar I'm so sorry it was taken down. I was a long time lurker on that page but non- commentor because I know friends see my comments on other pages and I don't want to deal with that. Anyways, I enjoyed it quite a bit, especially seeing your perspective and also the encouraging posts. I've seen pages that are actually bad and promote bad things (cough cough K.B Davies's and Lori's page) remain up. I wish Facebook had a more effective reporting system. I hope you can get it back! 

2 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

@Free Jana Duggar I'm so sorry it was taken down. I was a long time lurker on that page but non- commentor because I know friends see my comments on other pages and I don't want to deal with that. Anyways, I enjoyed it quite a bit, especially seeing your perspective and also the encouraging posts. I've seen pages that are actually bad and promote bad things (cough cough K.B Davies's and Lori's page) remain up. I wish Facebook had a more effective reporting system. I hope you can get it back! 

Thank you. I have contacted them and even told them that Lori promotes abusing infants and tells women to stay in abusive marriages. I told them it  was likely  a vindictive  reporting from  her or one of her followers and if they were going to allow Lori's page to stay then mine should stay.  We will see...

9 hours ago, KatBonD said:

I reported Biblical Gender Roles to FB a while ago and was told that it didn't meet their definitions for being removed. So how yours got deleted and that one stays is mind boggling.

Me too.  I reported the most recent piece of crap about God wanting women to stay in abusive relationships, complete with a photo of an abused woman, and they said it didn't violate community standards.  Makes me wonder what kind of community the FB monitors are using as their point of reference. 

I better not hear anything from conservatives or Christians about how facebook censors them or facebook is liberal, etc. This is proof they don't.  I think with Lori we only see the tip of the iceberg. I forget how she said it but she made some comment awhile back that referred to her team of godly warriors that go to battle for her. They probably really think they are doing God's work by removing that page. I can only imagine the scheming that goes on off camera. 

ETA it was on one of her posts talking about her negative book reviews she said "I know, without a doubt, that this is a spiritual battle." That is indeed how she also is going to see an fb page against her. Its a spiritual battle! And her minions are lined up to fight. 

23 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I better not hear anything from conservatives or Christians about how facebook censors them or facebook is liberal, etc. This is proof they don't.  I think with Lori we only see the tip of the iceberg. I forget how she said it but she made some comment awhile back that referred to her team of godly warriors that go to battle for her. They probably really think they are doing God's work by removing that page. I can only imagine the scheming that goes on off camera. 

ETA it was on one of her posts talking about her negative book reviews she said "I know, without a doubt, that this is a spiritual battle." That is indeed how she also is going to see an fb page against her. Its a spiritual battle! And her minions are lined up to fight. 

TAM is always crying about Facebook censoring Christians and letting liberals post whatever they want. 

3 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

TAM is always crying about Facebook censoring Christians and letting liberals post whatever they want. 

Exactly. Those are the types I am talking about. 

20 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

It's not a spiritual battle. Many of people who have disagreed with Lori have included other Christians and a pastor. Lori likes to label it as a "spiritual battle." 

As for Facebook, it pisses me off that they didn't boot Lori off after the suicide post scandal. I became a member of Facebook in late 2005. At that time only people with .edu email addresses could join meaning it was mostly college students and college employees. Back then, it must have been easier to police because I remember pro-ana groups, racist groups, and other groups that spread dangerous crap were removed. As Facebook opened up membership to anyone it got pretty difficult to report dangerous groups and pages.

I know I reported K.B Davies post on his page about rape in marriage. I think it's extremely cruel to say a woman who denies her husband isn't a Christian. The summary of his article was a man who forces himself on a woman isn't a Christian but at the same time a woman who says no for whatever reason isn't a Christian either. But apparently Facebook thought it was okay. 

Instagram is the same way. They have underaged individuals dancing very sexually with older men commenting on their page. They have pages that heavily promote people smoking marijuana going so far as to have videos of people smoking. I know it's not the worst thing, not trying to start a debate, but in many states it's still illegal. It also makes it hard for me to counsel individuals who smoke it when they shouldn't be using the drug. I have even seen posts that show a shirtless teenage boy saying "I can't believe he's only 15! (Heart eye emoji)". How in the world is that stuff allowed regarding minors? I don't want to police people's opinions but that stuff just comes off as creepy and kinda predatory. But neither Instagram nor Facebook have great monitoring. 

I'm surprised nobody has created a "godly" equivalent of Facebook.

2 hours ago, smittykins said:

I'm surprised nobody has created a "godly" equivalent of Facebook.

It'd be called "Gracebook". Filled with MLMs, memes of how much Jesus loves you, and unholy amounts of Republicans.

3 hours ago, TeddyBonkers said:

It'd be called "Gracebook". Filled with MLMs, memes of how much Jesus loves you, and unholy amounts of Republicans.

I know a few people who totally fit that criteria. One person is my friend's step-MIL, her FB posts are usually various scriptures, Jesus memes, MLM peddling posts, and then again posts where she complains that her MLMs are small businesses that nobody wants to support. Her MLM shit has pissed people off. For example, she did a post about how the pharmacist at her Walgreens was buying leggings that were on display in the store. She tried to sell the pharmacist Lanie Day leggings and the pharmacist said no right away. She was calling the pharmacist a cheap ass. Some of her friends were against here in that post and someone said something, "Are you supposed to be kind  Christian?. She deleted the whole thing.   After the Florida school shooting, she did the usual posts and memes about how God isn't allowed in schools. Again, some people disagreed with her. She then threaten to leave FB, but never did lol.

So Lindy is apparently an expert on gender identity. Her response to a commenter asking about hermaphrodites on Loris oh-so-gracious  (and totally ‘Christian’) meme about how to end gender confusion. 

323AA01C-EEDA-4A28-9A0C-DC81FA6BACEC.thumb.png.f6e7e0fbdb4e38b6a029498b5817ebdf.png

Another thought about her bathroom cleaning video. Its not really helpful to a mom who has small kids. As if you can stand there and slowly and consistently squeegee the mirror with baby screaming and littles running around. Of course that would be the mom's fault for not spanking them hard enough so mom can have time to properly clean the bathroom. Given most of her readers seem to be young moms, her video isn't very helpful. 

Lindy is insane and what's sad is she is homeschooling her daughters.  She had a post about how they removed all the books that said asking Jesus into your heart was a sin...um okay then.

That’s not right about hermaphroditism. Admittedly I’ve read next to nothing about it since leaving medical school, but there are pretty well-understood mechanisms for sexual development and how that sometimes produces results that are less common. I’d be very surprised if the understanding has changed to include weird twin absorption in the last 15 years or so (I’m not saying it can’t happen, just that I’ve never heard of it, or anything like it).

2 minutes ago, Jellybean said:

That’s not right about hermaphroditism. Admittedly I’ve read next to nothing about it since leaving medical school, but there are pretty well-understood mechanisms for sexual development and how that sometimes produces results that are less common. I’d be very surprised if the understanding has changed to include weird twin absorption in the last 15 years or so (I’m not saying it can’t happen, just that I’ve never heard of it, or anything like it).

I wondered as well about Lindy's twin absorption claims. I'm not a medical expert, but I remember seeing a couple of well detailed documentaries on the subject and it came up in my college biology class.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived