IGNORED

Lori Alexander 40: Learning Nothing, Teaching Nothing

samurai_sarah

I know far too many people who would follow a routine like that if it started making the rounds on Pinterest as "all natural."

Add something about chakras or such and my SiL would be holding workshops on it and selling it at her yoga studio.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Katy is "truly baffled" why women want to fight Trey on this. 

Really. 

She is truly baffled why this would bother women

She is to do this even if her husband is mean, unreasonable and cruel and it causes her unjust suffering. 

Maybe Lori doesn't wash her hands so that's why she doesn't have soap in her bathroom. I mean why waste all that natural bacteria? Gotta rub it in to add to our natural immune system. It's very nutritious for our bodies! How could I have missed this wonderful advice? I'm feeling very convicted over my lack of knowledge on this organic way of building our immune system. 

1 minute ago, Sarah92 said:

Maybe Lori doesn't wash her hands so that's why she doesn't have soap in her bathroom. I mean why waste all that natural bacteria? Gotta rub it in to add to our natural immune system. It's very nutritious for our bodies! How could I have missed this wonderful advice? I'm feeling very convicted over my lack of knowledge on this organic way of building our immune system. 

Norwex makes face and body cloths. If they are as magical as the kitchen cloths, why would you need soap?

14 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

It looks like her Instagram is down. Wonder what's up? 

It's working (for me). 

2 hours ago, December said:

I know far too many people who would follow a routine like that if it started making the rounds on Pinterest as "all natural."

Probably right, unfortunately.  Hemlock and nightshade are natural too, but that doesn't mean we should just go out there, make a big salad, and chow down on them. 

38 minutes ago, freealljs said:

It's working (for me). 

Is it possible I've been blocked or banned because I said her philosophy on underwires was incorrect? Not that familiar with Instagram.

EDIT:  I think i have indeed been blocked! Holy cow! I never ever ever flame anyone on social media. Hell, I almost never post to sites like Lori's.  I very respectfully made one comment that the underwire thing was a myth, that I worked in health care and that there were reputable sources that showed that this wasn't true. No dialogue, not arguments. The worst I said was "if you can spend time on the internet on social media sites, it is pretty easy to google "underwires and cancer" and see there are no reputable, scientific studies  to support this  theory."

Just like that I'm banned. hahaha! I take it as a badge of honor. But I ask -- is Lori so afraid of honest to goodness dialogue/facts/discussion that everyone that doesn't fall into line with her exact thinking is gone! Poof!     

she is even scarier than I thought. 

As we all know lori is very ignorant. Women in the Bible were treated as property. Women submitted to their dads then their husbands because of safety. Women couldn’t go out and get jobs like they can today. They were sold to the highest bidder. Women were supposed to submit to their husbands sperital leadership. 

12 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Sounds like a very reasonable preacher to me. 

IMG_2855.PNG

Yep, the preacher sounds reasonable---honestly, I've never heard anything at church like what Lori and her ilk support. I thought my background was pretty conservative, but apparently I was raised in the only liberal, "worldly" Baptist Church in existence.

Seriously, this post made me more upset than the usual. It's one thing that she lets comments like Trey's go unchallenged on her blog. But now that she has endorsed this repulsive, unBiblical crap by making it an actual blog post, I don't want to hear ONE MORE WORD, ever, about how she doesn't REALLY encourage women to stay with abusive husbands.  I don't want to hear it from Lori, nor her fangirls, and I really don't want to hear Ken trying to explain away the meaning of her words from astride his stupid "horse of truth." 

It took 2 tries but I finally watched the bathroom cleaning video all the way through. The constant swallowing & blinking were hard to watch. The Mormon's video was much better.

What is the point of spraying everything in her house with diluted vinegar? It isn't a disinfectant and it isn't an effective cleaner (detergent). It WILL remove scale! Does she have scale everywhere? Or is she deliberately trying to destroy the sealant on her granite counters, because it will do that too. Maybe this is step one in her plot to get the bathroom remodeled ahead of schedule.

Anyhoo -- I did give my downstairs bathroom a good cleaning after watching both videos. :my_smile:

31 minutes ago, Emilycharlotte said:

I thought my background was pretty conservative, but apparently I was raised in the only liberal, "worldly" Baptist Church in existence.

Umm...nope...evidently we are members of one of those liberal, "worldly" Baptist churches too. I'm sure my pastor would get a huge laugh out of this. 

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

Is it possible I've been blocked or banned because I said her philosophy on underwires was incorrect? Not that familiar with Instagram.

EDIT:  I think i have indeed been blocked! Holy cow! I never ever ever flame anyone on social media. Hell, I almost never post to sites like Lori's.  I very respectfully made one comment that the underwire thing was a myth, that I worked in health care and that there were reputable sources that showed that this wasn't true. No dialogue, not arguments. The worst I said was "if you can spend time on the internet on social media sites, it is pretty easy to google "underwires and cancer" and see there are no reputable, scientific studies  to support this  theory."

Just like that I'm banned. hahaha! I take it as a badge of honor. But I ask -- is Lori so afraid of honest to goodness dialogue/facts/discussion that everyone that doesn't fall into line with her exact thinking is gone! Poof!     

she is even scarier than I thought. 

Yes.  I got banned from it for posting the NIH regulations about doctors recommending only ultrasounds instead of mammograms and how it does not allow doctors to do that when she wondered why doctors continue to urge people to have mammograms.

You Silly Billies!  OF COURSE you are being banned if you are writing all that logical, fact-based...stuff. I mean, if you use big words like "regulations" and "reputable sources," what do you expect? 

Now get out there and dumb yourselves down like real godly women. 

1 minute ago, usmcmom said:

You Silly Billies!  OF COURSE you are being banned if you are writing all that logical, fact-based...stuff. I mean, if you use big words like "regulations" and "reputable sources," what do you expect? 

Now get out there and dumb yourselves down like real godly women. 

I want to laugh at this, because it IS funny, but it's exactly why Lori deletes and bans people. And exactly what she expects her leghumpers to do.  :?  What a piece of work she is.

3 hours ago, Emilycharlotte said:

Norwex makes face and body cloths. If they are as magical as the kitchen cloths, why would you need soap?

You posted this as a joke; but at the Norwex party I suffered through last summer, the consultant went on about how she doesn't use soap/body wash/facial cleansers anymore since she discovered Norwex body care cloths of various sorts. 

2 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

Probably right, unfortunately.  Hemlock and nightshade are natural too, but that doesn't mean we should just go out there, make a big salad, and chow down on them. 

Depends, how much life insurance do you have and am I the beneficiary?

Hahaha

Seriously, I shouldn't give Lori ideas. 

I was thinking about how quick Lori is to call out other bloggers/writers/speakers.  It reminded me of her running around the internet, trying desperately to defend the Pearls.  

In one of her posts, she wrote:

Believing someone else's criticism about someone is slander. We must always go to the person who is being slandered and read their words for ourselves, so we can get the whole picture of what the person was saying.

Besides the fact that it makes no sense whatsoever, and ignoring her misuse of the word slander, I wonder if this is a rule Lori applies to herself?  Does she believe her readers are "slandering" people like Sarah Young (and all of the other women Lori criticizes) if they believe what she tells them?

It's funny how she doesn't adhere to any of her own rules.

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

ou Silly Billies!  OF COURSE you are being banned if you are writing all that logical, fact-based...stuff. I mean, if you use big words like "regulations" and "reputable sources," what do you expect? 

Guilty!  Hanging head in shame for being a Jezebel  lol :wtsf:

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

You posted this as a joke; but at the Norwex party I suffered through last summer, the consultant went on about how she doesn't use soap/body wash/facial cleansers anymore since she discovered Norwex body care cloths of various sorts. 

right after you wipe up that chicken juice......

8 hours ago, TeddyBonkers said:

YES, that's me! Glad you liked it!

What did you say? Inquiring minds want to know!

So I tried a few seconds of Lori's bathroom video. Did she really use a squeegee on her mirrors?  I just use a cloth and Windex.

I try to ignore Lori and her teachings. But it's hard when I have so much family struggling under that bondage and I see how it hurts them. 

Just today my sister texted and asked me to pray that she wouldn't get pregnant, because they were out of one of their main birth control components and her husband wouldn't wait, so she felt like she had to make love anyway. Lori would praise that! And say how wonderful of a wife she was! But it made me sick to my stomach. I went back over consent and equality in sex with her and how if the agreement is to avoid children both parties must take on the responsibility. 

I stay near the border line of this world for my siblings. I feel like some days i am literally going to war against people like Lori. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived