IGNORED

Joy & Austin 20: Baby Gideon is Here

Jellybean

1 minute ago, WiseGirl said:

"I thought the "move along" icon was a golf hole, I never saw a parrot there!"

Me too! Okay, late to this one, but my mind is blown that the golf hole is actually a dead parrot....*goes to check when next eye checkup is....*

I definitely thought it was a train........a moving train.................moving along...................................

Mind. Blown.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being a Monty Python fan, it was definitely a deceased parrot. Not sleeping, not pining for the fjords. Dead. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

1 hour ago, Nashville92 said:

There's a new video up on TLC.  Gideon looks just like Austin.  Joy says he's a good eater but has his days and nights mixed up.  He sure is cute! 

I have never been able to see how some people think a baby looks like one parent more than the other...UNTIL NOW. That baby is Austin's little clone. So cute!

56 minutes ago, new espadrille said:

Here's the vid: http://www.tlc.com/tlcme/tlcme-videos/meet-baby-forsyth/?sf183412801=1

He is a seriously cute baby!!

Joy definitely seems young. But they both truly seem happy, and excited. Good for them. :)

I thought the move along icon was a pile of crap with a fork in it.

need new glasses ASAP. Haha!

2 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

I thought the move along icon was a pile of crap with a fork in it.

need new glasses ASAP. Haha!

I know it isn't, but it SHOULD be! :pb_lol: That's hilarious.

4 hours ago, Beermeet said:

So,  I am embarrassed to ask but must.

Where do Podcasts come from?  I have no clue and want to check them out!

Thanks in advance :D

If you have an iPhone, go to the app store and search for an app called 'podcasts' (the one I use is purple with what looks like a letter i or a stick person with no arms and a couple of circles, but there are actually several apps.  I'm sure the android store also has similar apps.  If you don't have a smart phone,  you can still listen to a lot of podcasts on a laptop.. some are just from the website of that podcast, not sure more generally.  

50 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Being a Monty Python fan, it was definitely a deceased parrot. Not sleeping, not pining for the fjords. Dead. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

Well, you brought it up...

Spoiler

12dq5g.jpg.d211e00385c2152f2f265b1265d6c8e7.jpg

Spoiler

photo(14).JPG.abc8a0de57a42a15bb37c6bff14e1d2c.JPG

Clearly I have no life since I buy books and follow podcasts suggested on FJ, I will thank you now instead of on my deathbed. 

I will admit some of my podcast subscriptions go all the way back to the Boyer thread when MFM came up! Also, got some great book ideas from that long ago thread.

I keep track of my podcasts after losing all of my subscriptions in a phone meltdown and was frustrated trying to remember what I had! 

If it helps, this is the app I use (pre-loaded on my iPhone) and some podcasts I listen to, and like book rec's, they are influenced by FJ. 

Spoiler

IMG_8502.thumb.JPG.acfa63dc00f4d9f528330a55a44c1824.JPG

@Beermeet and @mollysmom -- Spotify is also a really easy way to listen to podcasts!

I also had no idea the Move Along reaction was a dead parrot.  I always thought it was a little hand broom that was trying to shoo away the person who should move along! 

I am cracking up at everyone's interpretations of the reaction emojis....  :my_biggrin:

3 hours ago, coexist said:

Not all the way caught up yet, so I'm sorry if this takes us a step backward, but I've always thought the "Move Along" emoji was a steam engine, and while I've never used it myself, sometimes when it gets used and the recipient *has* been beating their dead horse entirely too long, I may say aloud,  "Choo freaking choo already!!" The craziest part is that I've read posts about the dead parrot but somehow never made the stinkin' connection! :)

That made me LOL. I am totally going to think that to myself now when I see that reaction. :my_biggrin:

I I thought the move along was a steaming pile of poo with a shovel like someone else said.

I'm always on a phone so maybe that's why. I never did figure out WTF it meant so quit wondering lol.

I thought the dead parrot was a little sailing ship! No idea why that would make sense maybe because they're all "out to sea" floating alone out there. All these different interpretations are blowing my mind! :pb_biggrin:

On the other TLC.com clip where they're getting ready for Gideon's arrival Joy and Austin say they still have to fill up the "birth pool". Do you think they started out trying for a water birth at home and ended up delivering or recovering in the hospital?

As a parrot owner I can finally express my distress at the move along button.  I don’t like it at all, maybe I should just pretend it’s a train or a golf tee.  

Free Jinger is fucking awesome and I will never regret my time here.  

I like to think that the parrot isn’t actually dead at all but rather that it is just being overly dramatic.

OH, what now? It's a parrot? All this time I was convinced that it's a man with with a broom head and orange clown shoes running away. My eyes are creative. 

I just zoomed in on my browser at 500%; I can see it now, though I'm not entirely sure what the metal thing is behind the parrot. 

None of the reasons Joy gave for Austin wanting a boy were actually things you can only do with boys. Girls can't go with their dad to work or learn hobbies?

I don't get why so many people want a boy for their firstborn. That's not even a solely fundie thing; I've read that most fathers and a slim majority of mothers would prefer that their first child be a boy.

19 minutes ago, mizandry said:

OH, what now? It's a parrot? All this time I was convinced that it's a man with with a broom head and orange clown shoes running away. My eyes are creative. 

I just zoomed in on my browser at 500%; I can see it now, though I'm not entirely sure what the metal thing is behind the parrot. 

Yes indeed what is that metal thing. A can opener? Do tell anyone who knows. Thanks. 

On 2/28/2018 at 5:58 AM, Million Children For Jesus said:

I view the Duggars the same way I view a National Geographic program. When I watch them, there is a voice over in my mind that says things like, “and here we see the Duggar in its natural habitat, they live in colonies and have one to eight babies at a time...” 

I love ethology and anthropology. My daughter is a research biologist. She gets her love of spreadsheets from me, which is a good thing because her grants depend on taking accurate and detailed data. I love all the spreadsheets that people keep and think they are an important part of understanding the fundie culture. 

This! I almost was a cultural anthropology major. I am endlessly fascinated by other lifestyles. Even if it's overly scripted and distilled... That's what led me here though, a desire to learn more about people who choose to have 19 kids.

I think it's possible to be interested in the Duggars/Bates/Sister Wives and also say that objectively you won't mind if they go off-air.

7 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Yes indeed what is that metal thing. A can opener? Do tell anyone who knows. Thanks. 

I went back to examine the close up that @WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? helpfully provided a few pages ago.  It sort of looks like a gun, which could be the cause of death, I suppose. I wasn’t confident in my assessment so I asked my husband for his views on the matter. After much scrutiny, he suggested that he has no idea.

27 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I believe the parrot is on an IV drip.

17 hours ago, AprilQuilt said:

I've just watched an episode of One Born Every Minute (UK - do they have it in the US? if not, why not?) and a woman had a forceps delivery. She was in hospital having been induced; her labour had been going well until it slowed down and the baby's heartbeat started to drop. Naturally I thought of FJ :my_angel: because that's how cool I am.

I got a screengrab of the newborn with the forcep mark on his cheek. This is similar placement to the mark on Gideon, no?

Hide contents

Screenshot 2018-03-01 at 12.05.02.png

Hide contents

Screenshot 2018-03-01 at 12.04.43.png

Awwww. Poor little thing. It must hurt to be born. As far as differences, I gave birth in Bermuda, and they gave me nitrous oxide, and that isn't common here if it's done at all? Maybe forceps offer some sort of advantage over suction. I don't know. 

I wonder why Joy decided on a  birthing pool. Have Anna, Jill or a Jessa (or anyone close to her we know of) ever prepared for one of their births with one?

I'm also wondering if Jill's (second) birthing experience caused Joy and Austin to be more cautious. Obviously we don't know what happened with Sam's birth, but maybe they (Jill)finally learned the warning signs and got to a hospital sooner so avoid more complications. 

I guess time will tell! 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived