IGNORED

Seewalds 30: No new baby, but with more recipe thread-drift

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, Mayluka said:

Nuh uh, I just watched this crazy documentary where humans and dinosaurs lived at the same time! I don’t know how Noah managed the dinosaurs on the ark, since the people in this film had some trouble with the dinosaurs

Well clearly these people were heathens, Noah was chosen by God and that is why he could herd all the dinosaurs on the ark. 

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

In that case, I find it necessary to stress that dinosaurs and humans never existed at the same time, just in case.

They most certainly did. My great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather had a triceratops named BooBoo. It's written in our family Bible that was taken on the Ark and the Mayflower and the Titanic.

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:50 AM, SnazzyNazzy said:

Skip the English royalty, and go to Spanish Royalty. The Spanish Habsburg royal family, pretty much inbred itself into oblivion. Look at this foxy minx aka Charles II the last Habsburg King of Spain. He was rumored to be all kinds of phically and mentally disabled.

Hide contents

800px-Juan_de_Miranda_Carreno_002.jpg

Don't do that to me, Snazzy--I am in serious need of a pic of a hot stud muffin, and 'taint Chuck here.

16 hours ago, Georgiana said:

One of my areas of interest is in royal mistresses, especially those of France.  I came across a quote one time that said in essence "If the Kings of France had chosen their wives as well as they chose their mistresses, the monarchy might well still be around today."  Now obviously this is stretching it since we all know that the kings of France generally DID NOT choose their wives, but it is fascinating to see what happens to a court when the strong, influential, and often capable female power is expected NOT to be the Queen, but the mistress en titre.  

But seriously, the mistresses of France are SO INTERESTING.  They are often women who rose from low or disadvantaged beginnings, and used their intelligence, talents, and sexual allure to become the most powerful women in the land.  Many of them were quite remarkable, and there is an argument to be made that had Louis XVI had such a woman to advise him instead of Marie-Antoinette (and also to curtail the financial frivolity of said madam), the monarchy may have fared much better...if only because a French mistress generally acted as a counterweight to the fear of a foreign queen exerting too much power.  

It seems the mistresses had to be smart to keep the king's attention as opposed to a wife who expected him to cheat and was there to have heirs. A mistress benefited from the attentions of the king. 

On 05/02/2018 at 12:49 PM, HermioneSparrow said:

Unfortunately I didn't follow a recipe but i'll sum it up. I made like a vinaigrette/sauce with the parsley, garlic, olive oil and green onions, just mixed everything in the food processor and marinated the chicken in that around six hours earlier. Then just peeled and chopped the potatoes, flavored the tomatoes and potatoes with salt and pepper, greased the pan, put the marinated chicken and the veggies on top, preheat the oven at 180°, then put the pan for about two hours. An hour and a half later I put the basil on top of the dish and kept cooking. I didn't flavored the chicken with salt and pepper because the "sauce" with garlic and all the stuff is enough for me.

Sorry I suck at writing a recipe... Lol!

How many potatoes and tomatoes? How much chicken? I am useless with recipe proportions. LOL

59 minutes ago, Galbin said:

How many potatoes and tomatoes? How much chicken? I am useless with recipe proportions. LOL

I used 4 potatoes and like 10 cherry tomatoes and 4 breasts!

Obviously, the ark was the TARDIS before the chameleon circuit broke. That's how Noah got everyone on the ark, including dinosaurs. The dinosaurs fell overboard, and that's why they're not around anymore. I think it's mentioned in the KJV. Not sure which doctor had to deal with this.

5 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Obviously, the ark was the TARDIS before the chameleon circuit broke. That's how Noah got everyone on the ark, including dinosaurs. The dinosaurs fell overboard, and that's why they're not around anymore. I think it's mentioned in the KJV. Not sure which doctor had to deal with this.

Eleven seemed to have a pretty strong affinity for dinosaurs, so it might have been him. Lol

Spoiler

EAF3DF42-0D01-4902-80F2-BFFDB4B545F7.gif.8816f061be584bb4c7a703a937e48bd4.gif

9 minutes ago, Mayluka said:

Eleven seemed to have a pretty strong affinity for dinosaurs, so it might have been him. Lol

Reveal hidden contents

EAF3DF42-0D01-4902-80F2-BFFDB4B545F7.gif.8816f061be584bb4c7a703a937e48bd4.gif

Though 12 took on a dino too in his first episode. 

3 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I used 4 potatoes and like 10 cherry tomatoes and 4 breasts!

I am so making this recipe next week. Does it need to be served with anything or do you serve it alone?

4 minutes ago, Galbin said:

I am so making this recipe next week. Does it need to be served with anything or do you serve it alone?

I served it alone but you can serve it with any sides you want.. My mom used to make it and she served it with rice or salad.

6 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Well clearly these people were heathens, Noah was chosen by God and that is why he could herd all the dinosaurs on the ark. 

And here I thought Noah had a magic wand.

5 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

louis-xiv-of-france.jpg

Does Louis XIV "The Sun King" do it for you at @Granwych. Half jealous of those shoes. :P 

Nah, I prefer more thickly muscled and much less-dressed gents, but thanks for the picture!

23 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I know that Margaret Beaufort took a vow of celibacy years after she married her third (or fourth, if you want to count the first "marriage") husband. He had to agree to it for it to be valid, and he did. I'm 99% sure they had been married for many years by that point, though.

That’s what I get for taking Philippa Gregory seriously.

18 hours ago, Jellybean said:

Will you share some of your meal plans? I’d love to try doing this

Like I said, it's just me so I keep it pretty simple but I love chicken and it's healthy (as long as you prepare it right haha) and there's SO much you can do with it!! So, I always stock up on chicken breasts when they are on sale. Then on Sunday's I usually saute it in olive oil....then I divy the chicken up. I always keep frozen veggies in my freezer so I'll saute some of the chicken with some veggies, add some seasoning, and that gives me a couple meals. Then, I like bbq sauce so I'll take 1 or 2 chicken breasts (that I already cooked) and marinate them in bbq sauce.....then just have frozen veggies on the side. I like to take 1 or 2 of the cooked chicken breasts and have rice with it. I divy all this up ahead of time so I have it for my lunches and dinners all week. I love goulash so sometimes I'll make that on Sunday too and have that for a couple days. I make alot of soups and chili and eat that for a day or 2 and freeze the rest in individual containers. I love peas and noodles....not exactly fancy or nutritional haha but it's cheap and easy. I'm on a pretty strict budget so I don't make alot of fancy meals but this is what I do every week. I try to make one new meal a month (usually something I see on facebook or pinterest) just so I don't get bored eating the same thing.

Nothing says "Look at my well turned calves!" like those garters worn inexplicably at the knee.  Talk about eye traps! Louis XIV is essentially DEMANDING we be defrauded by his shapely legs.  

WHERE IS STEVE MAXWELL?!?  SURELY he can save us from this unwholesome dress!!!!

Except for the wig, possibly, I feel this look and pose would be just right on the red carpet. He’s got that come hither look that some actresses favour.  And he’s casually lifting his ‘dress’ to show just the right amount of leg. Are his heels a tad too small though?  Vanity probably precludes him from wearing the correct size.  He definitely has it going on. 

8 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

louis-xiv-of-france.jpg

Does Louis XIV "The Sun King" do it for you at @Granwych. Half jealous of those shoes. :P 

Looks like my father! :my_confused:

26 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

Except for the wig, possibly, I feel this look and pose would be just right on the red carpet. He’s got that come hither look that some actresses favour.  And he’s casually lifting his ‘dress’ to show just the right amount of leg. Are his heels a tad too small though?  Vanity probably precludes him from wearing the correct size.  He definitely has it going on. 

He definitely working it. 

Love the thread drift. Will catch up what I missed after Big Brother. 

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived