IGNORED

Seewalds 30: No new baby, but with more recipe thread-drift

samurai_sarah

Honestly, I've lost track of Anna's children. We rarely see them. Is it 3 boys and 2 girls? I remember Mack, but that's about it.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

That’s is true. Given that fact it should be Anna everyone should be speculative about then. She’s overdue for a pregnancy.

Anna? No, based on her pattern she's not due for another pregnancy for a while. She just gave birth in September.

Mack, Michael, Marcus, Meredith and Mason. 

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Anna? No, based on her pattern she's not due for another pregnancy for a while. She just gave birth in September.

My bad. I completely forgot about Mason :)

I could read this thread drift forever!  You guys rule.  If you ever make a thread just for this sort of history, please tag me!  Any books you could recommend  ( not crazy academic please) about Louis XIV on and around H8 times?

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

Oh Louis XVI.  He was...interesting.  Good guy, by all accounts.  Nice guy.  Tried hard.  Loved his country.  But WOEFULLY inadequate.  

It's hard to speculate, but it is known that Louis XVI didn't even consummate his marriage with Marie Antoinette until many years after the couple married DESPITE pleas from all sides to do so.  It wasn't until Marie Antoinette's brother (a reigning monarch so distressed by the situation that he left his own country to investigate) the Emperor Joseph evidently sat the couple down and explained things to them that the marriage was finally fulfilled.  Joseph described the root of the problem as the couple themselves being "complete fumblers", which suggests neither had much idea as to the mechanics of the sex act.

This, of course, would not be overly shocking for Marie Antoinette, but Louis would have had ample opportunity and encouragement to "practice" long before his marriage.  The fact that he didn't suggests to me that his interest in sex was either low, non-existent, or went in another direction which he suppressed.  He did seem to be fond of his wife and Antoinette did conceive readily when the couple was known to be sexually active, but even still her conceptions were low for the time (and one of her conceptions matches up a bit too well with the return of one of her favorites), suggesting to me that for whatever reason and despite being a better match than most upper-class couples of the day, the couple was not interested in frequent intercourse.  

So, in short: He didn't take a mistress because he wasn't interested in having a mistress.  But while HE may not have needed a mistress, FRANCE needed a mistress, and in denying her that, he shot himself in the foot.  

Or he needed to be stronger. He hired someone to help figure out the finance of France which was mess. That was a smart thing to do. He ignored listening to that man because the nobles didn't want to give up their money and power. They didn't want him to implement any of the suggestions. Louis kept trying to bring reforms but kept getting blocked by the nobles. If he had been stronger he could have put his foot down and force the reforms through.  

On 2/4/2018 at 1:19 PM, SapphireSlytherin said:

I cook if I have to. DH mostly cooks for us. I help prep.

We also meal-prep every Sunday for the week, so Sunday afternoons/evenings, we hang out in the kitchen and make a bunch of food for lunches/dinners. We rarely cook in the evenings - we don't eat much for dinner because we're older and have less calorie needs. We rarely eat out. Maybe once every two weeks, and generally for breakfast or lunch.

I meal prep on Sunday's too. I live alone & never feel like cooking during the week after a 10 hour work day so I do it all on Sunday and I portion it out for lunches and dinners and I'm all set!! 

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

That’s is true. Given that fact it should be Anna everyone should be speculative about then. She’s overdue for a pregnancy.

She's barely 5 months postpartum. 

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

Any Fundies reading here are getting a first class history course for free .

In that case, I find it necessary to stress that dinosaurs and humans never existed at the same time, just in case.

7 minutes ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

In that case, I find it necessary to stress that dinosaurs and humans never existed at the same time, just in case.

What? Why did nobody tell me this before? :laughing-rolling:

1 hour ago, mollysmom said:

I meal prep on Sunday's too. I live alone & never feel like cooking during the week after a 10 hour work day so I do it all on Sunday and I portion it out for lunches and dinners and I'm all set!! 

Will you share some of your meal plans? I’d love to try doing this

On 2/5/2018 at 8:25 PM, Fascinated said:

What the fuck is touch typing?  And why does my iPad insist on correcting ‘fuck ‘ to ‘duck’?  It really should know by now. Anyway, I have never heard the term touch typing. How is any type of typing not touch typing.  I don’t understand. 

I took typing in grade 9 from a teacher who enjoyed standing on his head at the front of the class. I hearted him.  I am a good typist.  Does that mean I touch type?  Gah. I do not know what that means. Anyway, clearly I possess the typing gene because two of my guys won the computer (typing/keyboarding) award all three years of middle school. I shall have to ask them if they touch type. Oh, by the way, I have no idea why the middle kid lagged so in this department. Sad. Don’t worry, though, he is a musical genius. 

Pardon the interruption. 

Okay @Fascinated, I have to throw it back a few days and ask where you went to school, at least the city ... I figure you're Canadian based on your avatar and I had a teacher that did that.  He taught typing and business and had all kinds of quirks, I was in Bramalea, back in the early 80's.

On 2/5/2018 at 8:15 PM, singsingsing said:

I'm glad Richard got a proper burial. He was no saint, but most of them weren't. And I say this as someone generally biased in favour of the other side and definitely side-eyeing the revisionist Ricardians. Also, despite all the circumstantial evidence, it was never actually proven that he killed his nephews.*

This does remind me of something that made me laugh recently, though. I was just telling someone about how crazy it is that, even after so many hundreds of years, people are still really emotionally invested in this stuff! They get angry, they cry, they get into bitter, bitter arguments. Like, come on, people - these guys have been dead for centuries. They're not your family or your friends or your lovers. Relax!

Then I came across people chatting about Richard on some internet forum, and this one woman said, "Richard III is my sweetheart. My life motto is FUCK THE TUDORS! I hope Henry is burning in hell!"

And I instantly thought, "Oh yeah? Well, FUCK YOU TOO, lady! And guess what, your precious Richard was a complete piece of - "

And then I thought, "Oh my God. I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE." :pb_lol:

*The Princes in the Tower (my God, I've done it again) - the one thing I've always found really weird/suspicious is that, not long after the princes went into the Tower and stopped being seen, all the power players began operating as though they were dead. It was like they were all convinced beyond a reasonable doubt and began to act accordingly. But why? What information did they have? Why were Richard III, the Woodvilles, Margaret Beaufort, Henry, etc. all so convinced? It's made weirder by the fact that apparently none of them could credibly accuse anyone else of the murders. How were they so sure they were dead unless they had substantial information, which should have pointed to the cause/perpetrator? If they had died of natural causes, why didn't Richard brandish that in his defence? If they were murdered by Richard, why didn't the other side push that? If someone else did it - same question.

It almost makes you wonder if they were all covering for someone. But who? I admit this is one of my favourite and kind of silliest historical conspiracy theories. All of these feuding parties knew exactly what happened to the princes and who did it, but for some reason that information being made public would have hurt all of them, so there was, insanely enough, a conspiracy of silence on all sides. Yep. Totally writing that fan fiction.

I love you so hard rn. 

10 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I think by the time he got to Catherine Parr (and probably Howard too), he was too obese to do very much. 

Chronic pain issues can really put a damper on sexytimes, too. It's tough to be aroused when you're in agony.

6 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I know that Margaret Beaufort took a vow of celibacy years after she married her third (or fourth, if you want to count the first "marriage") husband. He had to agree to it for it to be valid, and he did. I'm 99% sure they had been married for many years by that point, though.

I do think it's fairly likely that Margaret's pregnancy and birth at so young an age was the reason she was never able to have more children. Even back in the 15th century, she was exceptionally young to be reproducing. Super young marriages were usually made among the nobility for dynastic purposes and often weren't consummated until at least the mid-teens, often later. Late teens/early twenties was considered a better age to marry/become sexually active. People at the time were definitely aware that it was dangerous and unhealthy for girls to have babies at too young an age. There was also a belief that the health of young men could be seriously damaged by too much sexual activity too early. 

I could be remembering incorrectly, but I think Margaret refused to allow her namesake granddaughter to be married before age 14, due to what she went through herself.

Margaret and the Girls mother were against it because little Margaret was all of 9 and they were not going to trust James would hold off till she was of age. She ended going To Scotland when she was 14 and had her first at 17. Much more normal for the times. 

6 hours ago, Jellybean said:

Will you share some of your meal plans? I’d love to try doing this

Sure! I'll try and remember when I get home from work tonight!!!

7 hours ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

That's not what Dinotopia says...

8 hours ago, Smoochie said:

Okay @Fascinated, I have to throw it back a few days and ask where you went to school, at least the city ... I figure you're Canadian based on your avatar and I had a teacher that did that.  He taught typing and business and had all kinds of quirks, I was in Bramalea, back in the early 80's.

It was in Mississauga in the mid-seventies. Damn, I cannot remember his name at the moment. He was a short man and, yes, very quirky.  Do you remember your teacher’s name?

9 hours ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

Based on your username, I assume you haven’t travelled to the wonderfully educational and scientific museum that sheds light on this very subject. Because many of our fundies have and it is all explained there.  You really ought to do your research.

Spoiler

AD00B3A3-663B-4157-8009-D1DDC91632F3.jpeg.7a03bd147362c7d31cf00c497011c176.jpeg

You will not win this debate when there is clear evidence such as this.  Sorry. 

9 hours ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

Nuh uh, I just watched this crazy documentary where humans and dinosaurs lived at the same time! I don’t know how Noah managed the dinosaurs on the ark, since the people in this film had some trouble with the dinosaurs. The documentary was called Jurassic something, I think. 

:pb_lol:

17 hours ago, meee said:

This thread drift is so interesting! 

Wychling would just love this--her major was world history and she just loves the Tudors.

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived