IGNORED

Dillards 49: Dull Dillards Dulling

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, CTRLZero said:

Was that a compliment to Derick, or was that an ad for Promised Land milk?  I can't quite decide...

If it was she did a pretty terrible job since she hashtagged promiseland when it's promisedland. That's my BEC for today. 

I won't snark on her nails, mine usually have a few hours of disasterdom between them starting to chip and me picking at them before actually getting out polish remover and cleaning them. 

What I really want to know is if picking up a thing of chocolate milk makes him the best husband EVER what makes someone a mediocre or *bad* husband?

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their standards are just that low. Her parents raised her to believe that women are subservient and need to give all and do all for men. Fundie husband could hand over a Kleenex and they would wax poetic about his sacrifices.

But he's the best EVER because that is some seriously pricey milk. It's like $3.99 for that size. My husband made homemade gyros and sauce, rubbed my neck out, unloaded the dryer and took the clothes upstairs. And I get the TV for an hour to watch 9-1-1 later! 

Maybe it was just random hyperbole because she was really craving chocolate milk and he came through, or she didn't know she was craving it and then there it was and she was like yes! this is just what I needed! I say best thing ever about all kinds of crap, like most people, I think.

Best husband ever! Not really. Poor Jill :( The world has much better men to offer! 

34 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Fundie husband could hand over a  used  Kleenex and they would wax poetic about his sacrifices.

FTFY

Derek only ever seems to do anything nice for Jill when she's pregnant or it's a anniversary or holiday of some sort. Has anyone else noticed that or am I imagining things again?

43 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Their standards are just that low. Her parents raised her to believe that women are subservient and need to give all and do all for men. Fundie husband could hand over a Kleenex and they would wax poetic about his sacrifices.

My dad occasionally jokingly goes "Honey! Look! Look! I loaded the dishwasher! Best husband ever!" to which my mom rolls her eyes. I think if Derick loaded the dishwasher Jill would lose her fucking mind. 

Didn't Jill already make this exact same post last June, though??

I guess that if she's drinking choco milk, then she hasn't gone vegan, regardless of her expertise at baking #veganbananabread.

When I worked until midnight the other day, my SO made me a simple dinner and a drink, cleaned up afterwards, put on Star Trek and gave me a massage (#bestboyfriendever? Probably). When he was tired after work one day, I did the same for him . Most days whoever cooks, the other cleans, and vice versa, unless one person is utterly exhausted. It's a two-way street. I suppose if I was a housewife or stay-at-home mom and he went to work every day, I would cook/clean more often than him, but what does Derick even do? It's not like he's going out to earn a steady paycheck and she's choosing to stay home with the little ones. He's going out to do God-knows-what, grift, probably, and she has no choice but to stay home whether she wants to (which is feasible- I'd love to be a housewife) or not (which is also feasible- what if she wanted to pursue midwifery?) Point is, she doesn't have a choice, and she has to keep sweet and be happy with what she's got, because there's no way she can get out of it.

Reason #783 why I'm glad I didn't grow up a Duggar. I didn't have to marry the first guy I was in a relationship with, I'd be miserable if I was. And it took five years to figure out he wasn't for me. Jill and the rest of her sisters were with their spouses for less than a year before marrying- so either you get very lucky and have something special, or you're doomed to live a life of unhappiness. Jill's beliefs are horrible and toxic, but I still feel bad for her.

This just makes me sad for Jill. For years (5 to be exact) my husband picked up groceries on his way home from work. It started when our oldest was born (before then we always did it together - cheap dates and all that), and he just kept doing it until we moved to Montreal this past year. Now we just get the weekly groceries delivered, because shopping with a 5 year old and a 3 year old for groceries is a huge PIA, and he has a job that requires lots of travel, and, well, we can. But I did forget to publicly praise him for doing the groceries for those five years. I can't believe we are still together! :shock:

I can't relate to these young peoples' lives at all.

No one works.

Someone doing a grocery run is akin to the splitting of the atom and the simultaneous parting of the seas.

Do they have a car? Did DD have to walk 10 miles, in the snow, up hill both directions and milk the chocolate cow himself????

13 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Do they have a car? Did DD have to walk 10 miles, in the snow, up hill both directions and milk the chocolate cow himself????

he did - i have pictures to prove it. :D

8 minutes ago, nst said:

he did - i have pictures to prove it. :D

Leaving for an overseas trip on March 16th- think Joy will have the baby by then?????

10 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Leaving for an overseas trip on March 16th- think Joy will have the baby by then?????

Just for you yes - I will make sure...

I leave for PS in April :D 

5 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

Was that a compliment to Derick, or was that an ad for Promised Land milk?  I can't quite decide...

Nah, IG makes posters announce sponsored posts with #ad or #partner, etc. If Jill was getting paid and didn't share her partnership, I think Promised Land would be pretty pissed right now. 

eta: Does this look familiar? It's from last June. 

Poor Jill. My only guess is that she's bored and has absolutely nothing interesting to post about. I find it strange that I can't help but dislike Jill the most of all the sisters. At the same time I feel the most sorry for her.

My fiance works full time, cooks dinner on a regular basis, helps cleans, does basic chores around the house and brings me yummy snacks/drinks on the way home from work all the time. I thought it was a pretty basic thing when you live together and have a long term relationship. Sure, it's pretty cool but she's over there with her mind blown. 

Does Derick even have a real job? I'm not completely clear on what he does. Preach at college kids? Does he get paid for that?

3 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

I guess that if she's drinking choco milk, then she hasn't gone vegan, regardless of her expertise at baking #veganbananabread.

True story: I only ever bake vegan banana bread. It is seriously super delicious. I've made it with regular milk once or twice when I didn't have vegan milk handy, but it just tastes better vegan. However, I have yet to win a single soul for Jesus with this vegan banana bread, so I guess I'm still doing it wrong. ;)

22 minutes ago, JillyO said:

True story: I only ever bake vegan banana bread. It is seriously super delicious. I've made it with regular milk once or twice when I didn't have vegan milk handy, but it just tastes better vegan. However, I have yet to win a single soul for Jesus with this vegan banana bread, so I guess I'm still doing it wrong. ;)

If it's that good I might sell my soul to buy the recipe ;) 

Spoiler

Or you could be nice and just post it in the cooking club!

6 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Didn't Jill already make this exact same post last June, though??

That’s a different kind though. So he went from ”the best” to ”best in the world” for learning her favourite. I just wonder if that was the last time he brought her something from the shops and also wasn’t she pregnant in June? Is this a hint? Please don’t do that to your body Jill!

5 hours ago, treehugger said:

This just makes me sad for Jill. For years (5 to be exact) my husband picked up groceries on his way home from work. It started when our oldest was born (before then we always did it together - cheap dates and all that), and he just kept doing it until we moved to Montreal this past year. Now we just get the weekly groceries delivered, because shopping with a 5 year old and a 3 year old for groceries is a huge PIA, and he has a job that requires lots of travel, and, well, we can. But I did forget to publicly praise him for doing the groceries for those five years. I can't believe we are still together! :shock:

I’m sorry, you are not the #bestwifeintheworld. Maybe if you do an extra long praising post now he* can forgive you.

*Jesus

I do most of the shopping here because I don’t commute so I have more time and because I like going to the shops both with and without Miniway. Miniway actually does fine at the shops despite being a stubborn 3 yo. We stop and look at the toys and he tells me what he wants for his birthday and so far he has never had any sort of meltdown there. I would like to credit my excellent parenting for this, but I know it’s just pure dumb luck. 

All this talk about chocolate milk has made me crave it now.

Unfortunately my husband appears to be a bad provider as he is currently abroad for work, so he can't go and get me a bottle :( 

That's what I get for being a heathen Jew and having an evil wayward Catholic headship.

Note to self: Only godly wives with godly husbands get chocolate milk.

5 hours ago, JillyO said:

It sounds amazing ... can we beg for the recipe? Pleeeaaasssssse?

8 hours ago, BlondeIdol said:

Poor Jill. My only guess is that she's bored and has absolutely nothing interesting to post about. I find it strange that I can't help but dislike Jill the most of all the sisters. At the same time I feel the most sorry for her.

My fiance works full time, cooks dinner on a regular basis, helps cleans, does basic chores around the house and brings me yummy snacks/drinks on the way home from work all the time. I thought it was a pretty basic thing when you live together and have a long term relationship. Sure, it's pretty cool but she's over there with her mind blown. 

Does Derick even have a real job? I'm not completely clear on what he does. Preach at college kids? Does he get paid for that?

He’s doing a Ministry program through Cross Church. As part of that, he’s likely doing an internship of some sort where he’s working at one of the Church locations. No idea if he’d be getting paid or if he has a side job (or if he’d have time for one - some internships can be very demanding, but I somehow doubt Derick would be interested in a rigorous program.)

5 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

That’s a different kind though. So he went from ”the best” to ”best in the world” for learning her favourite. I just wonder if that was the last time he brought her something from the shops and also wasn’t she pregnant in June? Is this a hint? Please don’t do that to your body Jill!

I’m sorry, you are not the #bestwifeintheworld. Maybe if you do an extra long praising post now he* can forgive you.

*Jesus

I do most of the shopping here because I don’t commute so I have more time and because I like going to the shops both with and without Miniway. Miniway actually does fine at the shops despite being a stubborn 3 yo. We stop and look at the toys and he tells me what he wants for his birthday and so far he has never had any sort of meltdown there. I would like to credit my excellent parenting for this, but I know it’s just pure dumb luck. 

She gave birth to Sam in July. So yes, she was heavily pregnant when she posted that.

I don’t think it’s necessarily a hint about anything. She could be pregnant or she could be desperately attempting to rehab his shit public image. She’s posted a few times about Derick doing something wonderful - or completely normal to literally everyone else - for her since Sam was born. She’d be well into her second trimester at this point if she only posted about him being a halfway decent human during pregnancy. We all know she can’t be that far along because she’d have announced around week 10 or 12. 

10 hours ago, SassyPants said:

With snow shoes derived from duct taping telephone books* onto his feet?

Derick is certainly an impressive, godly, loving, thoughtful, righteous husband.  I’m super impressed.  Especially given that we have the above screenshots proving he has purchased chocolate milk for Jill twice in the last seven months.  #husbandgoals

*In olden days people had these extremely large books in which one could search for phone numbers and addresses.  They were updated annually!

Damn Jill's standards are pathetically low... 

Can you imagine if Derick actually built stuff like Chad Paine or Austin? She'd probably start weeping. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived