IGNORED

Dillards 49: Dull Dillards Dulling

samurai_sarah

My husband brought me home a bottle of wine last night because I've had a tough week at work. After getting through half the bottle, I lovingly told him slurred at him that he was the #besthusbandever!!!11!11!11!11!1 

But I didn't instagram it so I think it's now untrue?

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, marmalade said:

Nah, IG makes posters announce sponsored posts with #ad or #partner, etc.

Thanks, I learned something new!  I'm always suspicious when I see potential "product placement."

:my_smile:

46 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

My husband brought me home a bottle of wine last night because I've had a tough week at work. After getting through half the bottle, I lovingly told him slurred at him that he was the #besthusbandever!!!11!11!11!11!1 

But I didn't instagram it so I think it's now untrue?

well we just have to believe you, although the picture whore that I am - i won't until i see a picture of a bottle of wine. 

Well, in the thanks-best-hubby-ever category, I'd rather see chocolate milk pics with Jill than footrub pics with Derrick...  :my_sick:

My husband got a free candy cookie with his lunch at Panera the other day. He brought it home to share with me rather than eat it himself. Like, totally Instagram worthy shit right there. #truelove #besthusbandever #suckitdillard :pb_lol:

Her posting it on instagram makes me curious about what it's like behind closed doors. Like if she's with her siblings for examples is she just like "Dwreck brought a bottle of water and an apple, best hubby 2018 to eternity or what?!". 

I gave my partner the roll that came with my meal from Ezelle's Chicken, and they have some damn fine rolls.  Now, I don't really LIKE rolls all that much anyway AND I'm supposed to be off carbs, but DID YOU SEE THAT SELFLESS GESTURE?!?

Where is MY instagram hashtag medal?

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

My husband got a free candy cookie with his lunch at Panera the other day. He brought it home to share with me rather than eat it himself. Like, totally Instagram worthy shit right there. #truelove #besthusbandever #suckitdillard :pb_lol:

I love Panera! My pregnancy cravings demand it! My wallet, not so much!

They have these occasional promos (depending on the store) where if you use the quick kiosk computer to take your order instead of an actual person, they give you a free cookie. 

I've always found that people who go out of their way to show love to their significant other on any social platform is overcompensating for a not-so-perfect union. Oh to be a fly on the wall at their house!

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

I mean, I would class that up there with #besthusbandever. No way that cookie would make it home without me eating it first! I am the real cookie monster :pb_lol:

Mr. Wolf has a chest cold, but he got up this morning to bring us tea in bed!!! #beat that Derick. 

My husband brought home cannolis last night. They were much appreciated and I clearly missed an opportunity to brag on social media. He also changed all the diapers last night AND did the 4am feeding for me so I could get a good long sleep...he may actually be #thebesthusbandintheworld. Take that, Jill!

My husband brought home chocolate pretzels but specified that they were for him but I could have a few.

#besthubbyever 

I don't have a husband, but I bought myself red velvet cupcakes! So I'm the #bestmeEVER! Treat yourself! :P

OK, folks

But has yourself/your spouse ever spoon fed you weenie gravy while you were driving your grift-mobile?  Or is Sis Becky still at a spouse level unto herself?

Always saved and full of gravy (especially now she's on a keto diet),

Sis Gee

My husband put the seat down. #myparnterisbetterthanyours #myhusbanddoesnotbullyteenagers #myhusbandisnotagrifter

My SWEET hubby ate pizza at work and brought me home the 2nd slice he didn't eat since he knows I love how doughy and greasy it is. #SWEETESTHUBBYEVER *open-mouth face* :o

Also, we are overdue for grocery shopping so we are going on a WALMART DATE tonight :o #sweetesthubby #thankful #gratefulgirl

WE are excitedly awaiting our AT HOME DATE NIGHT tomorrow :o #sweethubby #precioushubby

MY sweet hubby ALWAYS puts the seat down. He ALWAYS puts his shoes away. He cooks dinner EVERY DAMN NIGHT. He pours my wine. He indulges my This Is Us obsession. He does NOT buy me chocolate milk because:  milk is fucking disgusting. #MINEisthebesthubbyeversoyalljustgositthefuckdown

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I don't have a husband, but I bought myself red velvet cupcakes! So I'm the #bestmeEVER! Treat yourself! :P

I don't have a husband either. But i bought myself a massage today. So I am the #bestmeEVERx2.  Treat yourself even harder :D

8 hours ago, kachuu said:

I love Panera! My pregnancy cravings demand it! My wallet, not so much!

They have these occasional promos (depending on the store) where if you use the quick kiosk computer to take your order instead of an actual person, they give you a free cookie. 

I've always found that people who go out of their way to show love to their significant other on any social platform is overcompensating for a not-so-perfect union. Oh to be a fly on the wall at their house!

This! Exactly this. My husband and I both feel this way. When we both had Facebook, neither of us ever raved over each other. Why do it publicly? I mean, if you care what other people think, go for it, I guess, but it really does give the impression that the picture isn't perfect (nor should it be perfect, in my opinion anyway). I show my husband that I appreciate him in everyday life, in private. He's the one that needs to know it, not every Tom, Dick, and Harry around Facebookland. 

3 minutes ago, Chippy said:

not every Tom, Dick, and Harry

So. You don't appreciate Dick?

#offtotheprayercloset

My husband got up this morning and went to WORK to make MONEY to FEED his family.  You know what? He does that most days.   #besthubsever

10 minutes ago, Timetostoplurking said:

My husband got up this morning and went to WORK to make MONEY to FEED his family.  You know what? He does that most days.   #besthubsever

I guess Jill can’t say this now, can she.....

My husband picked me up a case of beer while he dropped of the teen at color guard practice, while i sat a home watching call the midwife. #besthusbandever #imactuallyakickasswifetoo #hashtagsarestupid #whoisjilltryingtoconvince ?

On 1/24/2018 at 11:50 AM, Screamapillar said:

My husband just brought me cheesecake and he isn't a hateful bigot. #besthubbyintheworld

I got a royal Oreo blizzard from DH yesterday. And he’s giving wound-up DD a bath and told me to go to bed. I’m not sure that’s #besthubbyintheworld though. Definitely #prettygoodafterannoyingmeearlierthisweek 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived