IGNORED

Lori Alexander 37: Practicing Medicine Without a License

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, EowynW said:

But she lunches with her college buddies? 

But she doesn't give a shit about them. She just wants to make sure they're only eating their portion.

@Koala I can't get past how righteously ungrateful she sounds regarding her education.  She's damn lucky her father never looked at her and said, "Oh you think it was a waste of time?  I won't waste anymore of your time or my  money, good luck!"  

The "For Breakfast" convo:  I agree cold pizza is the breakfast of gods.  Also, her little quip about pie having eggs making it ok for breakfast...Bill Cosby beat her to that one back in the 80's in his standup.  The wife was gone and he had to make breakfast for all the kids and ended up the favorite parent for giving them chocolate cake.  

Oh and all ya'll with your Bible verses about these supposed "women praying"...FIRST of all.....*three snaps in a Z formation with the head roll*....ya'll using the wrong Bible!  Wait. Stop.  Cut.  Lori has a bad neck, she can't do the head roll.  Reset.

UMMM, did you even READ her blog? Gah.  She clearly states the KJV is the OOONNNLY acceptable version.  Feminists.  Whatcha gonna do???   :my_rolleyes:

yes yes I know, it's too early for all that sarcasm....staaahhp swatting me with dishtowels!  :potstir:

58 minutes ago, Koala said:

Lori kind of confirmed that for us.  She boasts:

Gotta agree with her there...

Money well spent.  Her father could have saved himself a lot of trouble, by donating Lori's college fund to someone who wouldn't have proudly squandered it away.

I think it's so interesting we keep saying "Her father's money" or "her father's rich." It's like her mother has no money, or no right to any money. I know you don't believe that, Koala, it's just a phrase I've heard here often. I've said it myself. Phrases like that just tickle Lori's ears!

As a SAHM, I certainly feel I have money. Our money. In fact, I brought money into our marriage and continue to do so from investments that I've made, myself. I would hate for people to think we were paying for my daughters' education with Mr. Hisey's money (though they may very well think that). I also feel I do a lot at home that "earns" me a "share" of the actual greenbacks Mr. Hisey brings home from his job.

Lori's world. . . where a woman works her whole life raising kids, submitting, "giving" sex and cleaning house, yet it's always "his" money. . . that world is a depressing one to me. I think we should recognize that Lori's mom wasted her money too, by sending Lori to college.

You are 100% right.  I think I've heard her "blame" her college education on her father so many times, that I just fell right into saying it that way.  I am glad you pointed it out. 

4 minutes ago, Hisey said:

I think it's so interesting we keep saying "Her father's money" or "her father's rich." It's like her mother has no money, or no right to any money. I know you don't believe that, Koala, it's just a phrase I've heard here often. I've said it myself. Phrases like that just tickle Lori's ears!

As a SAHM, I certainly feel I have money. Our money. In fact, I brought money into our marriage and continue to do so from investments that I've made, myself. I would hate for people to think we were paying for my daughters' education with Mr. Hisey's money (though they may very well think that). I also feel I do a lot at home that "earns" me a "share" of the actual greenbacks Mr. Hisey brings home from his job.

Lori's world. . . where a woman works her whole life raising kids, submitting, "giving" sex and cleaning house, yet it's always "his" money. . . that world is a depressing one to me. I think we should recognize that Lori's mom wasted her money too, by sending Lori to college.

8 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Oh gosh this was my world growing up. I still struggle to refer to our money as "our money." My sister still calls their money "his money" and it's so sad to me. 

And I'll tell you that Emily, lovely, beautiful Emily, is no dumb cluck, knew what she was doing marrying an  orthodontist and knew it would pay off (hence leaving law school though she was in a very low ranked school!) and will not suffer Lori hurting her family's income. Emily Rice knew to shut down all social media accounts when the crazy crap about Lori started to affect her life. I think the one thing that would make Ken shut down the blog ministry (omg how ridiculous) would be it jeopardizing their income. 

I appreciate your insights, but I don't understand one part. What do you mean that Emily "knew what she was doing?" by marrying an orthodontist? Do you mean she knew an orthodontist could earn well? Because everyone knows that. It sounds like you feel she was being conniving, but I don't see how.

I don't like Emily, but I can't fault her for marrying an orthodontist. I don't think of it as a particularly glamorous field, myself (I think of Barry, from Friends). As for leaving law school, plenty of people just drift into law school, or end up hating it once they are there. I don't think that automatically means she was shopping for her MRS at law school.

After all, she comes from a world where women aren't even supposed to be in  law school. Leaving it was probably not a big deal, especially if she was in a low-ranked school without a lot of job prospects.

But back to how I dislike Emily . . . she seems like such a narcissist! I hate the way she always poses with her mouth wide open. Who does that? And the constant professional photos! I remember once, she and Steven and their baby flew out to CA to visit Lori. When they got there, they (or Lori?) hired a professional photographer to take beach photos of them. For no particular occasion. Emily was all dolled up, and so was the baby, but Steven was still in rumpled travel clothes. I don't think he was as into it.

12 minutes ago, Koala said:

You are 100% right.  I think I've heard her "blame" her college education on her father so many times, that I just fell right into saying it that way.  I am glad you pointed it out. 

I've done it too! Diarrhea is contagious, even verbal diarrhea. 

I feel sorry for Lori's mom. She looks so beaten down, even before she got sick. It's nice Lori decided that everything was all her mom's fault, but I wonder how  her mom feels about that, deep inside.

Ken has hinted Lori's father could be difficult. Pathologists have a reputation for having odd personalities, and my knowledge of medical men who worked in the 50s and 60s is not generally positive. Some of them could be nice, sure, but many were impossibly arrogant and selfish. I tend to doubt it was 100% Lori's mom.

@Hisey - Emily lists her profession as "stay at home mommy" on FB which I find revolting. I roll my eyes at her regularly for shit like that. And I was pro-Emily when she first came on the scene. She was smart and well-spoken and was in law school. But yeah...not so much anymore.

1 hour ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Oh and all ya'll with your Bible verses about these supposed "women praying"...FIRST of all.....*three snaps in a Z formation with the head roll*....ya'll using the wrong Bible!  Wait. Stop.  Cut.  Lori has a bad neck, she can't do the head roll.  Reset.

UMMM, did you even READ her blog? Gah.  She clearly states the KJV is the OOONNNLY acceptable version.  Feminists.  Whatcha gonna do???   :my_rolleyes:

But I DID use the KJV! That's what is so great about it. I even checked some of her favorite commentaries of old and they don't contradict what the Bible clearly says - the apostles and Jesus' women followers plus HIS MOTHER prayed TOGETHER (Acts 1:14).

But y'know Lori would say that verse means the men were praying and the women were making sammiches and coffee or something. 

She's such an idiot.

6 minutes ago, Florita said:

But I DID use the KJV! That's what is so great about it. I even checked some of her favorite commentaries of old and they don't contradict what the Bible clearly says - the apostles and Jesus' women followers plus HIS MOTHER prayed TOGETHER (Acts 1:14).

But y'know Lori would say that verse means the men were praying and the women were making sammiches and coffee or something. 

She's such an idiot.

What was her line when someone called her on that one?  They were praying silently?  Never mind they were still in a time where men and women were segregated in the synogogue!  They were basically using conservative Jewish rules for a new church.  Different god, same in-house standards.  

*sigh* you might have used the right version, but did you double check with your headship on the verse?? Huh? Didja???  And those ladies were totally making sammiches while the menfolks were prayin'! :tw_bread:  :my_biggrin:

I'll say this, after almost 20 years being out of the Christian church, I've learned more about the gospels here with you guys than I ever learned at the churches I attended way back when.  

I know I tend to use "her father's money" sarcastically to poke at her posts about not squandering a husband's paycheck. I see a parallel there. But in reality it is both of the spouses' money. But I think y'all are right about it being a phrase drilled into our heads. I should be careful to make sure I'm including the mother. Even growing up in a fairly equal house those messages still got in my brain. 

Also I think someone needs to develop a sarcasm punctuation mark. 

37 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

What was her line when someone called her on that one?  They were praying silently?  Never mind they were still in a time where men and women were segregated in the synogogue!  They were basically using conservative Jewish rules for a new church.  Different god, same in-house standards.  

*sigh* you might have used the right version, but did you double check with your headship on the verse?? Huh? Didja???  And those ladies were totally making sammiches while the menfolks were prayin'! :tw_bread:  :my_biggrin:

I'll say this, after almost 20 years being out of the Christian church, I've learned more about the gospels here with you guys than I ever learned at the churches I attended way back when.  

Lol I checked the KJV version for my comment on Anna and it told the same story.

They were totally making sandwhiches. I mean what was Jesus thinking scolding Martha for preparing her house  while Mary sat at his feet to listen to him (a position reserved for disciples). Jesus needs to take a cue from Paul (eye rolls).  

But, but, but what's a single girl to do? I have no husband to ask :tw_cold_sweat:. Perhaps I need to get on lookingforaheadship.com to find one.

2 hours ago, Hisey said:

I hate the way she always poses with her mouth wide open. Who does that?

Drives.me.insane.  One of their daughters does it too.  It looks like they're having a damn dental exam.  So weird.

2 hours ago, jerkit said:

Emily lists her profession as "stay at home mommy" on FB which I find revolting. 

I am a sahm and that even irks me.  I also don't like it when women refer to themselves as "mommy" to other adults.  I went to high school w/ a guy whose mom wore a "________'s mommy" shirt to all of his basketball games.  He was a senior.  So yeah... :my_dodgy:

Like you, I had a lot of hope for Emily right up until she posted a picture of her baby with Lori's book and a caption that said something like, "Never too young to start."  Then she got on Amazon and was defending Lori in the comments. 

She's also posted about letting Lori babysit, even though Lori has been clear that she flicked her nursing infants on their cheeks, slapped them during diaper changes, and popped them when they started crawling.  Who leaves their kid with a woman like that???

As for Lori and the Bible- 

#1.  It has been pointed out multiple times that Lori doesn't hesitate to delete Bible verses if they "detract" from her "message".

#2.  Someone contradicted her with a Bible verse recently, and Lori's response was something like, "I can't believe you are going to base your argument on one verse in the Bible!" (as if they Bible was of no consequence to her at all).

4 minutes ago, Koala said:

Like you, I had a lot of hope for Emily right up until she posted a picture of her baby with Lori's book and a caption that said something like, "Never too young to start."  Then she got on Amazon and was defending Lori in the comments. 

She's also posted about letting Lori babysit, even though Lori has been clear that she flicked her nursing infants on their cheeks, slapped them during diaper changes, and popped them when they started crawling.  Who leaves their kid with a woman like that???

I followed (not actually followed, I mean went to her page often) Emily on instagram before she went private and as soon as she got pregnant, it was like Emily the former law student/intelligent human being was replaced by a Lori pod person. 

Also, when I poured my heart out in my Amazon review and said that following Lori's advice almost ended my marriage and ruined my life for a good while, Emily AND Cassi were incredibly cruel to me. 

Just now, jerkit said:

Emily AND Cassi were incredibly cruel to me. 

I had no idea, but I am not surprised.  Honestly, they all (aside from Alyssa) strike me as incredibly snotty and mean.  

1 minute ago, Koala said:

I had no idea, but I am not surprised.  Honestly, they all (aside from Alyssa) strike me as incredibly snotty and mean.  

Emily was essentially "if your marriage almost ended because of some precious old lady on the internet, then there's something very wrong with you." I was in an emotionally vulnerable place at the time, and I cried. A lot. 

But anyways, fuck all the Alexanders and the "spouses of their youth." Except Alyssa. I think if I met Alyssa, we would probably be friends. 

5 minutes ago, jerkit said:

I followed (not actually followed, I mean went to her page often) Emily on instagram before she went private and as soon as she got pregnant, it was like Emily the former law student/intelligent human being was replaced by a Lori pod person. 

Also, when I poured my heart out in my Amazon review and said that following Lori's advice almost ended my marriage and ruined my life for a good while, Emily AND Cassi were incredibly cruel to me. 

I know this has all been said before but I just want to offer my sympathy to you for the harm Lori Alexander's book did to you. Receiving cruelty in response to sharing the pain of your experiences is just awful. I'm so sorry.

1 minute ago, Jellybean said:

I know this has all been said before but I just want to offer my sympathy to you for the harm Lori Alexander's book did to you. Receiving cruelty in response to sharing the pain of your experiences is just awful. I'm so sorry.

Thank you. I genuinely appreciate that. 

22 minutes ago, jerkit said:

Emily was essentially "if your marriage almost ended because of some precious old lady on the internet, then there's something very wrong with you." I was in an emotionally vulnerable place at the time, and I cried. A lot. 

:angry-cussingblack: There is nothing "precious" about Lori.  She goes after her readers  unmercifully, and she believes in inflicting pain on babies and children w/ special needs.  

I am sorry she was so awful to you.  When you're in a bad place, things like that can really stick w/ you.  Hell, it can stick with you even when you're not in a bad place.  

I'll say this, though- When you victim blame someone who is being honest enough to tell you how much damage something did to them, there's something wrong with YOU.  @jerkit I really hope you realize that that was a reflection on who Emily is, not who you are.

I don't care how rich/pretty/spoiled they are, you can't fix ugly that's on the inside.

I'm confused.

I thought Steven (who is light haired) is married to Emily (who is blond) and they live in NY with 1 child. Ryan is married to Erin (both are dark haired). They live in CA with 3 children.  

My confusion comes from the Bartlette-Alexander web page which shows a photo of the son I always thought was Ryan -- because he looks so much like Ken -- unsmiling eyes, smug asshat expression and all. 

An exchange from yesterday that I am surprised is still up:

5a57be6e31f4d_CaptureLori3.PNG.35c05e05d340b9345001700a4cfa7f5c.PNG

5a57be754a97a_CaptureLori4.PNG.ddd3acab5e4f32a8d856b37a1529f1da.PNG

As per usual, Lori fails to use basic reading comprehension skills to understand the point.

5a57be89e4573_Capture5.PNG.a8fdeb49a9db35fb5d6bcff7d17fd9b9.PNG

It's true that Lori's system is absolutely not like BDSM.  The hallmark of BDSM is the idea of specific consent and trust based on communication.  Lori's advocating something that throws consent out the window, along with good communication in the name of her warped perspective and mistaken interpretation of the Bible.

5 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I'm confused.

I thought Steven (who is light haired) is married to Emily (who is blond) and they live in NY with 1 child. Ryan is married to Erin (both are dark haired). They live in CA with 3 children.  

My confusion comes from the Bartlette-Alexander web page which shows a photo of the son I always thought was Ryan -- because he looks so much like Ken -- unsmiling eyes, smug asshat expression and all. 

No. Steven is dark haired and is married to Emily who has long brown hair and they live in NY with 1 child.

Ryan is married to Erin (both blonde ish) and they live in CA with 3 children.

Cassi and the other Ryan are married and live somewhere with one child and another on the way. 

Alyssa and Jon live in CA and they do not have any children. 

Steven may be an orthodontist and Emily may be a SAHM but if they continue to reside in NY, they will always live a middle class life style. Steven will never out-earn all of the investment bankers, traders, hedge fund managers, and Gordon Gekkos along with their wives that have careers of their own that rule NY. Emily, Cassi, and Erin each take after Lori and I'm not fond of them. Alyssa is very beautiful and I'm sad that she seems to be suffering from depression and going through infertility with a cruel mother. She deserves happiness and to be away from her toxic family.

3 hours ago, Hisey said:

But back to how I dislike Emily . . . she seems like such a narcissist! I hate the way she always poses with her mouth wide open. Who does that? And the constant professional photos! I remember once, she and Steven and their baby flew out to CA to visit Lori. When they got there, they (or Lori?) hired a professional photographer to take beach photos of them. For no particular occasion. Emily was all dolled up, and so was the baby, but Steven was still in rumpled travel clothes. I don't think he was as into it.

I get what you're saying about Emily. She gives that vibe through her pictures. I also looked at the website for the orthodontic practice that Steven partially owns and works at. There is picture of Steven and Emily on the homepage and both of their smiles seem smug as hell. I also remember the beach photos and Seven didn't look all that happy.

On some related sidenotes regarding Steven's orthodontic practice, it seems that the older orthodontist Dr. Bartlett still has primary ownership of the practice and has a few things set up in the practice that probably disgust Lori. For example, an ice cream chest is set up in the office waiting room. I bet once Bartlett retires, Lori will push Steven to not have the ebil ice cream chest around for patients.

I obviously don't know this because I've never met him, but I would guess that Steven is a douche bag. His wedding pictures with his groomsmen convinced me of that. 

12 minutes ago, jerkit said:

Cassi and the other Ryan are married and live somewhere with one child and another on the way.

Cassi and the other Ryan live somewhere in Texas. I think the other Ryan is finishing dental school in the next few months. I might have missed it, but I can't recall if he will be going to orthodontic school afterwards. It will be interesting to see where they move to later on.

6 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Steven may be an orthodontist and Emily may be a SAHM but if they continue to reside in NY, they will always live a middle class life style. Steven will never out-earn all of the investment bankers, traders, hedge fund managers, and Gordon Gekkos along with their wives that have careers of their own that rule NY.

To be fair, Steven and Emily live in upstate New York where the cost of living is lower than NYC and Long Island. So they might be in the upper middle class range.

8 minutes ago, jerkit said:

I obviously don't know this because I've never met him, but I would guess that Steven is a douche bag. His wedding pictures with his groomsmen convinced me of that. 

I think he's a douche too. I think the only kid that might be a decent person is Alyssa. She seems happy in pictures and Ken did say that she was the one that was very different from the rest of the family.  Steven, Cassi, and Ryan all have assholish smug Stepford type faces and smiles.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived