IGNORED

The baby name thread!

Palimpsest

@singsingsing Yep! I'm totally expecting another Jessa announcement too. It's going to start getting crazy with overlaps, I think. I agree that if Kendra didn't have a c-section, her and Joe may have the most. 

I am also thinking there may be another courtship in the pipeline. 

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

@singsingsing Yep! I'm totally expecting another Jessa announcement too. It's going to start getting crazy with overlaps, I think. I agree that if Kendra didn't have a c-section, her and Joe may have the most. 

I'm expecting another Jessa announcement around American Thanksgiving (so like a full year after I originally predicted she would announce #3, haha). We've recently seen that she's apparently still nursing Henry, which could be what's preventing her from getting pregnant again so soon (or not - just speculation). I'm currently predicting a May 2019 baby for her.

I think the next to announce a pregnancy will be Josiah and Lauren. Actually, let me check my list of predictions... this is the order I have for the next few births:

Spoiler

Jinger & Jeremy (obviously): girl. Isabella Grace. July 21, 2018. 

Josiah & Lauren: girl. Lainey Michelle. April 18, 2019.

Jessa & Ben: girl. (I guess I have them on a girl trend.) Piper Grace. May 14, 2019.

Joy & Austin: girl. Julianna Joy. May 23, 2019.

Josh & Anna: boy. Maxwell David. June 28, 2019.

Joseph & Kendra: boy. Noah James. July 28, 2019.

Jill & Derick: boy. Peter Floyd. October 19, 2019.

God, I hope I'm wrong... my head is spinning just looking at this! :pb_lol:

Also want to take this moment to give a shoutout to the 'Duggar Data' tumblr, which makes predictions about these things based on actual data, and its super fun! vs. my predictions which are based on boredom and truly awful intuition. :pb_lol:

As for courtships, they've almost run out of kids who can court right now, because Jer, Jed, and Jason are still so young and the guys tend to court a bit later. I'm still expecting Jer or Jed to court Lauren Caldwell, but maybe not for another year or so. I think unless Jana or JD actually starts courting someone, we might see a lull in courtships for a while. Now watch them prove me wrong...

16 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

@Carm_88  who do you think are courting? My bet is it’s a twin, since there are four unmarried twins right now, 

6 minutes ago, Markie said:

@Carm_88  who do you think are courting? My bet is it’s a twin, since there are four unmarried twins right now, 

I'm thinking it's either Jed or Jer with Kendra's sister Lauren. 

2 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I'm thinking it's either Jed or Jer with Kendra's sister Lauren. 

Although if Jana and JD could find a suitable pair of fundie siblings, or better yet, a pair of fundie twins, that wedding would be Ratings Gold! 

I could kind of see John-David with one of the Maxwell sisters. Sarah is the least weird, but unfortunately the age difference is probably too much for them. I do see him courting someone closer to his own age (so not an eighteen-year-old), but who knows.

Jana for me is more of a wildcard. Apparently she was a very spirited child and it was beaten - I'm sorry, "encouraged" - out of her. I'd love to see her wind up with someone who appreciates the spirited side of her (if it still exists...) and with whom she feels safe and free to be herself. I could see her with an older guy who's stable and mature, or even a younger guy who's confident enough to pursue her. 

4 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I knew it was Joseph's middle name, but I didn't know he was close to his grandpa. To be honest, all I remembered was Jim Bob's difficult relationship with his father, and then his father moving in with them when his health declined. I always heard that Michelle's parents moved away soon after she got married, so I had no idea that any of them were close! Actually, for some reason I was operating under the delusion that there was a strained/distant relationship between Michelle and her parents, so I was kind of surprised when Josh & Anna gave Mason the middle name Garrett and figured it might've been for Joseph. Shows how much I know!

IIRC Garrett Sr. lived with the Duggars for a time while recovering from a car accident. It would have been after Ethel died in 1991 but before the specials started in 2004.

I think the impression of the strained relationship came in part from the early episode where they went to a Ruark family reunion. Garrett seemed to have some dementia issues and didn't really interact with the kids.

I know he's the youngest kidult, but I wouldn't be surprised if Jason had a 'special someone' and they are just waiting for the both of them to get closer to 19.  I always thought it curious that he got a house before 4 of his older brothers, and Joe and Kendra were already in the 'getting to know you' phase when Jason bought his house.  Supposedly, he bought it to join the family business...

Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if one of the boy twins or even JD was courting and that was announced first.  Jer just recently got his student pilot license, probably under JD's tutelage...hmmmmm....

i am 110% team Jer + Lauren Caldwell, they both seem very laid-back from the little we've seen of them (i'm imagining Jer making one of his sarcastic totally-over-it jokes and Lauren as a more reserved type who is surprised to find herself fondly amused :my_blush: #fundiefantasycouple lmao) --- but i digress from the thread topic, haha.

SiRen for next Duggar sprog, for sure! I predict girl, and the name I've pulled out of my ass for them to use is Kathryn! 

it will be interesting to see if they follow a pattern. we don't know all of Lauren's siblings names but it looks like boys may be D after their dad and girls L after their mom so I could see Lauren and Si don't L and J's or just picking one letter Duggar style. 

so my guess is girl Lily boy Jacob

If any of the kids do pick a 'J' name theme, will they finally get round to all the normal names their parents didn't pick before they went straight to Jinger? Asking for a friend.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are my predictions (real ones--not the silly ones I posted earlier for 'Siah) for the firstborn children of John David/Abbie and 'Siah/Lauren

John David/Abbie

David John

Trinty Rose

Siah/Lauren

Zane Josiah

Zoey Jane

The Burnett’s have a penchant for pseudo Puritan names so I see a Charity or Grace or temperance  in there eventually.

They have a Charity, but what I noticed more was that they have a penchant for nicknames-as-names, i.e. Abbie and Maggie. Also, they have a John-Clay, so there are hyphenated first names in both families. I predict at least one nickname, one double-barrelled name, and one virtue name, though probably not an over-the-top one.

There's a funny reddit about what Baby's Vuolo's name would be if JinJer followed a misspelled spice theme...

My money's on Onyion Powdyhrr!

Paprekah. Lmao

i need one of these fundies to have a Klara, because I love that name, but am done popping them out. 

Is it too late to change my guess?  I've had this hunch lately that the name is going to be Sophia/Sofia, So I'm thinking Sophia Nicole. I also don't think she'll go as late as the 28th, so I'll say the 22nd. 8 lbs 8 oz.

I'm going to predict 2019 will be an extreme baby boom year in Duggar land:

Lauren - May (First child) - Boy

Joy- June (16 months between births) - Boy

Jessa - July (2.4 years between births) - Girl

Anna - August (just under 2 years between births) - Boy

Abby - September (First child) - Girl

Jill - October (2.2 years between births) - Girl

Kendra - November (17 months between births) - Boy

We'll get a ridiculous 7 bump photo, Jinger won't be sad to miss out.

I've noticed there seems to be a smaller gap between baby 1 and 2 for a lot of these fundies which is why I'm putting Joy and Kendra down for next year (Even with Joy having a C section). 

If we also get another courtship/engagement/wedding by year end, that person can be December on my baby boom calendar. 

4 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

I'm going to predict 2019 will be an extreme baby boom year in Duggar land

This post made me throw up in my mouth a little. :(

My guess for Jinger:  Guiliana Nicola

Born July 19

7 pounds, 2 ounces

19 inches

I was debating about changing my original JinJer baby name guess, Joanna Nicole, to a G name for a 2018 Duggar G-name hat trick. Gideon, Garrett, G....

I’ve decided to stick with Joanna, but here are a few contenders...

Gia, Gianna, Giuliana, Gabriella, or Genevieve

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic

Archived