5. Mason Garrett

6. Garrett David

7. Mackynzie Renee

8. Israel David

9. Samuel Scott

10. Marcus Anthony

11. Henry Wilberforce

12. Spurgeon Elliot

I will confess that the spelling of Mackynzie’s name is what brings her name down in the rankings for me...

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ranking of the Duggar kids' names (because I'm bored and there are no new known babies on the way whose name to speculate on)

1. James Andrew  

2. Joshua James 

3. John-David 

4. Johannah Faith

5. Jeremiah Robert 

6. Joseph Garrett 

7. Jana Marie

8. Justin Samuel

9. Jackson Levi

10. Jessa Lauren

11. Jennifer Danielle

12. Jason Michael

13. Joy-Anna

14. Josiah Matthew

15. Jedidiah Robert

16. Jill Michelle

17. Josie Brooklyn 

18. Jordyn-Grace Makiya 

19. Jinger Nicole

I like the way @singsingsing listed the names so I’m going to do it similarly.

Names I like and would use:

Henry

Samuel

Names I like but would not use:

Felicity

Meredith

Name I don’t personally like, but still think it’s a fine name:

Michael

Nope (in order of least disliked to most disliked):

Israel

Mason

Marcus

Garrett

Gideon

Mykenzie 

Spurgeon 

Am I way too judgemental and picky? Sorry Duggar kids, I just don’t like many of the names you chose :( 

On 7/29/2018 at 8:21 AM, The Wanderer said:

Rankings when both names are included:

I like this idea too. Shamelessly copying you ...

1. Meredith Grace

2. Felicity Nicole

3. Samuel Scott

4. Henry Wilberforce

5. Michael James

(there is a massively enormous gap between 5 and 6)

6. Israel David

(another gap, even bigger this time)

7. Mason Garrett

8. Marcus Anthony

9. Garrett David

10. Gideon Martin

11. Mckynzee Renee

12. Spurgeon Elliott

On 7/29/2018 at 5:13 PM, SorenaJ said:

Ranking of the Duggar kids' names

I’m bored too ;)

1. Jackson Levi

2. Josiah Matthew

3. James Andrew

4. Jedidiah Robert

5. Jeremiah Robert

6. Jana Marie

7. Johanna Faith

8. Joshua James

9. John-David

10. Jessa Lauren

11. Jennifer Danielle

12. Jill Michelle

13. Joy-Anna

14. Josie Brooklyn

15. Jordan-Grace Makiya

16. Joseph Garrett

17. Jinger Nicole

18. Jason Michael

19. Justin Samuel

Can we guess who's making the next announcement?  Since they usually don't announce until 12 weeks out I don't think we will see an announcement this summer.  I think Jessa will get pregnant in the next 3 months though so we will probably see an announcement before the year is up.  I also think we will see one from Joy before the year is up.  I'm betting Jill won't be preggo until the beginning of next year so announcement from her until the Spring.  Anna is due to have a baby next summer so I'm better on an announcement next Spring as well.  Kendra probably has at least 6 months until an announcement if not a year.  Lauren will announce in the winter.   Abbie will announce next Spring as well.  2019 is going to be a booming year for Duggar babies. Jinger is the wild card.  I do believe that she had trouble conceiving.  She could continue to have difficulties and it could be a couple of years before another announcement or this could kick start some booming fertility and she could announce next Spring as well.  

How can Marcus Anthony not be number one? What other name makes you think of togas, drinking, partying and Cleopatra? It'll never stop making me laugh that Fundies picked it. 

1. Felicity Nicole its a really nice name and American Girl

2. Meredith Grace I really like the name Meredith

3. Mackynize Renee I really like the name even if its not my favorite spelling.  

4.Gideon Martyn I like the name Gideon 

5.Samuel Scott I do like the name Sam   

6. Garrett David- I do like Garrett 

7. Henry Wilberforce Henry is kind of a neutral name for me I don't love it but I don't hate it either

8. Michael James same with Henry its a neutral name for me I don't love it but I don't hate it

9. Mason Garrett-same with Henry its a neutral name for me I don't love it but I don't hate it

10.Israel David is a really cute kid and I'd like the name if his parents didn't decide to make it political  

11. Spurgeon Elliott-Reverse it would be really cute and yes he's a really cute kid. It does make me wonder what Ben would name his kids if he was in the normal world after his favorite rock bands? Led Zeppelini  and Metallica. Jagger and Bono?

Of the regular Duggars

1.Jordyn-Grace Makiya  I love the name Jordyn

2.Johannah Hannie's a cute nickname I love the name Johannah

3. Josie Brooklyn its a really cute name

4.Jana Marie I really like the name plus before Disney bought Star Wars Leia's daughter was name Jaina. 

5.Jinger Nicole I really don't mind that its Ginger with J I'm just more surprised it came before Jennifer

6.Jessa Lauren I like the name it really seems to fit her

7.Jackson Levi I like both names 

8.John David

9.Jennifer Danielle 

10. Joy Anna

11.Jill Michelle Its a small nitpick but I still prefer the Jillian and Jill as a nickname        

12. James Andrew

13. Jason Michael

14.Justin Samuel

15. Joseph Garrett

16. Josiah Matthew  

17. Jedidiah  Robert   I really wish he and his twin had their own middle names.    

18. Jeremiah  Robert

19. Joshua James its my dislike the of him rather then the name. I liked Joshua in the Bible and Joshua Tree

My top 10 favorite names of the Duggar kids are listed below! :)

1. Jana Marie
2. Jordyn-Grace Makiya
3. Jason Michael
4. Jessa Lauren
5. Jackson Levi
6. Jedidiah Robert
7. Johannah Faith
8. Jinger Nicole
9. Jeremiah Robert
10. Josiah Matthew

Then I'm not crazy about the rest, but I'll list them anyway:

11. John-David
12. Josie Brooklyn
13. Jennifer Danielle
14. Joy-Anna
15. Justin Samuel
16. James Andrew
17. Joshua James
18. Joseph Garrett
19. Jill Michelle

My predictions for next announcements remain ish Lauren, Jessa, Abbie, Anna, Kendra, Joy, Jill, Jinger. All within the next year (August to August). I think JinJer will have a couple close together, then take a break ish like Benessa have been on now, then maybe a couple more. Lauren and Jessa I'm 100% expecting to be pregnant this year, probably even publicly announced; I think we'll get a SiRen announcement before JD's wedding bc she'll be showing, and Benessa3 later on. Anna I think we'll hear from with a due date sooner than we expect, but announce furthest along in the pregnancy (maybe due in August and public in Mar/Apr?). JDAb will be new parents by September next year for sure. 

And since we're doing this.....

My top 10 Duggar kid names --> Jana, Jessa, Johannah, Joy, Jordyn from the girls & James, Jason, John, Jackson, Joseph from the boys.

My rank of grandduggar names --> Meredith, Mason, Felicity, Michael, Garrett, Henry, Marcus, Mackynzie, Gideon, Samuel, Israel, Spurgeon.

In my opinion, the most likely candidates for 2019 babies are, ranked by likelihood:

1.) Josiah&Lauren - I mean, it's inevitable.

2.) Joy&Austin - 20 years old, super fundie, first child in February 2018 - She's a safe bet.

3.) Joe&Kendra - Kendra is still just 19 years old and had her first child without complications. I think these two will out-baby all the other Duggar kids fairly quickly.

4.) Jessa&Ben - People have been predicting a Seewald #3 announcement ever since the year started, and nothing has happened so far. So they might surprise us. That said, I can't see them getting through 2019 without a pregnancy.

5.) John&Abbie - With a October/November wedding, a late 2019 baby seems very likely.

6.) Josh&Anna - Anna is pretty consistent, but her spacings are getting longer. Following the trend, M6 should be due around Oct 2019 - Feb 2020.

7.) Jill&Derick - Jill is a bit of a wild card. On one hand, I think she really wants another kid to show what a good fundie wife she is and to keep up with her younger siblings. On the other hand, I think her two traumatic births really took a toll on her body. I don't think she's gonna announce anytime soon.

8.) Jinger&Jeremy - Well, they just had their first child. Seeing how long it took them to get pregnant with Felicity, I don't think they'll end up with a million kids. A child every ~3 years seems more likely to me.

And because I'm bored, my predictions for the next names:

Josh: Girl, Madeleine Faith, Jan 2020

John: Boy, John Burnett, Oct 2019

Jill: Boy, Gabriel Adam, May 2020

Jessa: Boy, Calvin Tozer, Jul 2019

Jinger: Boy, William Joseph, Apr 2021

Joe: Girl, Chloe Renee, Sep 2019

Josiah: Boy, Levi Matthew, Apr 2019

Joy: Girl, Miriam Anna, Oct 2019

The baby carussel isn't slowing down...

1 hour ago, PuttingTheFunInFundies said:

7.) Jill&Derick - Jill is a bit of a wild card. On one hand, I think she really wants another kid a baby GIRL to show what a good fundie wife she is and to keep up with her younger siblings. 

FTFY

1 hour ago, PuttingTheFunInFundies said:

8.) Jinger&Jeremy - Well, they just had their first child. Seeing how long it took them to get pregnant with Felicity, I don't think they'll end up with a million kids. A child every ~3 years seems more likely to me.

I think they prevented for a while. Maybe it was until they moved into the house, maybe until just before their first anniversary. They may want to have kids close together. Lots of people do, and her closeness to Jessa seems valuable to Jinger. But it would not surprise me if they have only about four kids.

• 2 weeks later...

So I did a thing last week (because I LOVE analyzing things and i'm so weird) But the frequency of Names in the Duggar world has fascinated me for a while so i thought this would be a good place to put it.  I have tallied all of the first and middle names that have been used and I included Spouse names and middle names. Enjoy. :P 

Spoiler

Name Frequencies

Anthony- I

Israel- I

Meredith- I

Spurgeon- I

Elliot- I

Henry- I

Wilberforce- I

Scott- I

Mason- I

Garrett- IIII

Gideon- I

Felicity- I

Abbie- I

James- IIII

Robert- III

Michelle- II

Annette- I

Joshua- I

Jana- I

Marie- I

John- I

David- III

Jill- I

Jessa- I

Lauren- II

Jinger- I

Nicole- II

Joseph- II

Josiah- I

Matthew- I

Joy- I

Anna- II

Jedidiah- I

Jeremiah- I

Jason- I

Michael- IIII

Andrew- I

Justin- I

Samuel- I

Jackson- I

Levi- I

Johannah- I

Faith- I

Jennifer- I

Danielle- I

Jordyn- I

Grace- III

Makiya- I

Josie- I

Brooklyn- I

Renee- III

Derick- I

Benjamin- I

Jeremy- I

Austin- I

Martyn- II

Kendra- I

Milagro- I

Mackynzie- I

Marcus- I

Top 3 So Far:

1. Garrett, James, Michael (TIED with four)

2. Renee, Grace, David, Robert (TIED with three)

3. Martyn, Joseph, Nicole, Lauren, Michelle (TIED with two)

Will be interesting to see how it changes as the families grow!

56 minutes ago, seashell1025 said:

So I did a thing last week (because I LOVE analyzing things and i'm so weird) But the frequency of Names in the Duggar world has fascinated me for a while so i thought this would be a good place to put it.  I have tallied all of the first and middle names that have been used and I included Spouse names and middle names. Enjoy. :P 

Hide contents

Name Frequencies

Anthony- I

Israel- I

Meredith- I

Spurgeon- I

Elliot- I

Henry- I

Wilberforce- I

Scott- I

Mason- I

Garrett- IIII

Gideon- I

Felicity- I

Abbie- I

James- IIII

Robert- III

Michelle- II

Annette- I

Joshua- I

Jana- I

Marie- I

John- I

David- III

Jill- I

Jessa- I

Lauren- II

Jinger- I

Nicole- II

Joseph- II

Josiah- I

Matthew- I

Joy- I

Anna- II

Jedidiah- I

Jeremiah- I

Jason- I

Michael- IIII

Andrew- I

Justin- I

Samuel- I

Jackson- I

Levi- I

Johannah- I

Faith- I

Jennifer- I

Danielle- I

Jordyn- I

Grace- III

Makiya- I

Josie- I

Brooklyn- I

Renee- III

Derick- I

Benjamin- I

Jeremy- I

Austin- I

Martyn- II

Kendra- I

Milagro- I

Mackynzie- I

Marcus- I

Top 3 So Far:

1. Garrett, James, Michael (TIED with four)

2. Renee, Grace, David, Robert (TIED with three)

3. Martyn, Joseph, Nicole, Lauren, Michelle (TIED with two)

Will be interesting to see how it changes as the families grow!

Samuel is actually used twice. there is Samuel Scott and Justin Samuel also are we counting Michelle's dad as a Garrett because if so we might as well include her brother for five garrett's and Jim Bob's dad for five James

12 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

[...] so we might as well include her brother for five garrett's and Jim Bob's dad for five James

Jim Bob's grandfather, great-grandfather and great-great-grandfather were also called James btw. So they have six generations of Jameses:

James Luther (1844 - 1928)

James Thaddeus (1888 - 1967)

James Alfred (1910 - 1986)

James Lee (1936 - 2009)

James Robert (* 1965)

James Andrew (* 2001)

Edited yet again! So James is definitely the leading name frequency in the Duggar world as of current, no doubt about that. 

23 hours ago, seashell1025 said:

Edited yet again! So James is definitely the leading name frequency in the Duggar world as of current, no doubt about that. 

A few things I find interesting about the use of the name James. 1) JB and Michelle waited until their eighth boy to use it. I realize they eventually decided to have a mega family, but you think they for sure would want to carry on the James tradition and would have done it sooner. 2) Only one of the Duggar grands has the name James: Michael James, who is the first grandson and named after both of the grandfathers. None of the other six grandsons from the four other siblings who have boys have chosen it yet. 3) Will the Duggar boys let James Andrew be the only one to name his son James Duggar? I muse about names a lot.

4 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

A few things I find interesting about the use of the name James. 1) JB and Michelle waited until their eighth boy to use it. I realize they eventually decided to have a mega family, but you think they for sure would want to carry on the James tradition and would have done it sooner. 2) Only one of the Duggar grands has the name James: Michael James, who is the first grandson and named after both of the grandfathers. None of the other six grandsons from the four other siblings who have boys have chosen it yet. 3) Will the Duggar boys let James Andrew be the only one to name his son James Duggar? I muse about names a lot.

I mean that's not really right since they actually used it with their first son Joshua James. 

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I am calling it.  Anna is preggers and will announce this fall...it will be a boy.  Matthew Robert.

I'm predicting that we get a pregnancy announcement from Joy before Christmas.  She posted a picture of Gideon drinking a bottle.  If he's not breastfeeding for whatever reason she's more likely to be at maximum fertility potential or already pregnant and her supply reduced. 

15 hours ago, JMO said:

I'm predicting that we get a pregnancy announcement from Joy before Christmas.  She posted a picture of Gideon drinking a bottle.  If he's not breastfeeding for whatever reason she's more likely to be at maximum fertility potential or already pregnant and her supply reduced. 

A bottle doesn't mean she isn't breastfeeding.  Many breastfeeding moms also express milk so the dad can be more involved even if the mom doesn't work.

While a bottle doesn't mean anything, I do think we'll receive a pregnancy announcement from Joy shortly. She might go the Jill route and try to wait longer to increase her chances of a VBAC, but that might be wishful thinking. 

Ranking for first names of grandchildren

Meredith

Garrett

Mason

Henry

Michael

Mackynzie

Samuel

Marcus

Gideon 

Israel

Felicity

Spurgeon

While doing this I realized I don't really like any of these names that well other than Meredith.

pregnancy predictions

Lauren- obvious reasons

Kendra- Garett seemed easy from start to finish and she's young.

jessa- she's past due

Anna- she has a pattern 

joy - I think she'll announce very early so someone may be further along but in say yet. 

Abby- she's older right? It might take slightly longer to concieve than the teenagers 

jill

jinger- I think she will have spacing like Anna 

I never ranked the grandkids...

1. Meredith

2. Felicity

3. Henry

4. Samuel

5. Michael 

6. Mason

7. Garrett

8. Marcus

9. Mackynzie