IGNORED

The baby name thread!

Palimpsest

Does anyone think someone will announce their pregnancy soon after Kendra and Jinger give birth? If Lauren doesn't get pregnant right away, there may actually be a lull in the Duggar babies...

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

Does anyone think someone will announce their pregnancy soon after Kendra and Jinger give birth? If Lauren doesn't get pregnant right away, there may actually be a lull in the Duggar babies...

I was actually thinking about that the other day. After Kendra and Jinger give birth, the only pregnant Duggar or Bates daughter or daughter in law will be Torie (that we know of). I'm adding Bates, as, if someone from one family isn't pregnant, the other is. As I recall, Torie is due in September, so I wonder if this will hold up.

3 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

. As I recall, Torie is due in September, so I wonder if this will hold up.

Tori is due in November. I recall because I'm a November baby. :pb_lol:

Jessa is awfully quiet on social media lately. ;) 

I think Joy's probably going to announce again before the year's end. 

Whether or not anyone will before her will be interesting. 

On the Duggar side, I think the only likely pregnancy is Jessa, but maybe also Jill. Maybe Kendra.

As for the Bates, I'm thinking that it's likely that Alyssa, Erin, and possibly - assuming of course that her fertility troubles haven't completely negated the possibility of her ever carrying to term - Michael. I don't know about Whitney. Maybe Whitney will too. 

Jessa's silence lately is actually starting to convince me that they're seriously considering adoption. Time will tell, I guess. As for the next pregnancy, if it isn't Jessa then I would guess Jill, possibly even SiRen.

Jill will no doubt try and up-do Jessa by being pregnant first. 

I kinda hope its Joy thats next again, I know the gap will be close and shes young. Nothing like two kids close together to kill the vibe for future pregnancies ekk! They might feel okay with two for a while.  

Next pregnancy for the Duggar: 

Jessa i'm not sure, the time is right but i'm hoping she will wait at least this wInter before get pregnant 

Jill will try in every way to beat Jessa and have #3 before her

Joy meh hard to say cause she is young and fertile but i hope not at least till the end of the year 

Anna if she keep her spacing, no announce before autum 2019 

Kendra is pregnant right now so we will have to wait and see how this labour will.go 

Jinger dunno after this.

Lauren....waiting for the marriage  

Bates:

Withney i waiting for any day now 

Erin just had #3

Alyssa same as Erin 

Michael i will be glad if she have a child after all the struggles she is having for the infertility 

Torie is pregnant right now 

Jill would love to beat Jessa on a 3rd, especially if it is a girl.

Imagine Jill conceiving first and being all proud that she is the first daughter with 3 kids but then a month later Jessa announces and when they reveal the jinders, Jill will have a boy and Jessa a girl....

I think either Jill or Joy will be the next to announce, and I doubt there's going to be a lull in Duggar pregnancies. 

As for the Bateses, after Tori has her baby I see a lull for awhile; I don't think Whitney will announce again for the next while and while I really hope Michael does I think it's unlikely.

I wonder how things are going with Michael? The last episode I saw they said they were praying about it... what? Ivf? Seeking help? If having a family is as important as they say (I know Michael loves babies and probaby wants nothing more) why dont they seek help right away?? Waiting doesnt improve their chances. 

I just feel sad that them deciding to “pray about it” may leave her childless. Brandon seems nieve and a little out of his depth. 

12 minutes ago, kiwi said:

I wonder how things are going with Michael? The last episode I saw they said they were praying about it... what? Ivf? Seeking help? If having a family is as important as they say (I know Michael loves babies and probaby wants nothing more) why dont they seek help right away?? Waiting doesnt improve their chances. 

I just feel sad that them deciding to “pray about it” may leave her childless. Brandon seems nieve and a little out of his depth. 

The last thing we saw was that they had run tests and everything was okay except for possible blocked Fallopian tubes. They ran the test to check on the blockage, which can sometimes unblock the tubes itself. Michael’s tubes are not blocked, or maybe partially blocked, so Dr. Vick suggested trying another three months before moving on to fertility treatments (which would have to be IUI or IVF - she doesn’t need fertility drugs).

12 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

The last thing we saw was that they had run tests and everything was okay except for possible blocked Fallopian tubes. They ran the test to check on the blockage, which can sometimes unblock the tubes itself. Michael’s tubes are not blocked, or maybe partially blocked, so Dr. Vick suggested trying another three months before moving on to fertility treatments (which would have to be IUI or IVF - she doesn’t need fertility drugs).

Did they check Brandon? or is it considered only Michael's problem?

9 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Tori is due in November. I recall because I'm a November baby. :pb_lol:

Jessa is awfully quiet on social media lately. ;) 

Thank you! Now I remember, I'm concerned that the baby may be the first born on my rare birthday (Thanksgiving week).

Spoiler

A Baby Boy Already?! You must be JoKen!!

Boy Names

Abraham Adam- meowfundiecatz

Adam- SamiKatz

Adam Paul- Scrabblemaster, Kelsey

Aiden James- Albireo

Brody Joseph- singsingsing

Caleb- aprilx

Caleb Paul- tabitha2

Cash- JMO

Christian Joseph- Jenn the Heathen

Christopher Paul- jegfile

Daniel John- JoylessAnna

Daniel Joseph- KeepingChrysanthemum

David Joshua- InTheNameofRufus

Elijah Kenneth- Daisy0322

Elijah Paul- Captain Obvious

Elijah Robert- TheMustardCardigan

Elijah Wyatt- victoriasponge

Emmett Lee- nastyhobbitses

Ethan Joseph- JermajestyDuggar

Ethan Paul- Carm_88, HRM1216

Ezra Joseph- viii

Gabriel- adidas

Gage- adidas

Garrett Paul- Bugaboo

Gavin Robert- TuringMachine

Gunner- adidas

Hunter- adidas

Isaiah Joseph- GoddessOfVictory

Jacob Garrett- TheLambBeforeTime

Jacob Paul- Letizia

Jakob Lee- manda b

James Joseph- Jilli

Jayden Courage- AstroNot

Jericho Jerusalem- Don’tlikekoolaid

Job Joseph- AlwaysExcited

Joel- habert

Joseph Jr- ihaveanexamintwodays, HuggleMonster, WiseGirl, eveandadam

Joseph Anthony- new espadrille

Joseph Caldwell- Snowless

Joseph Garrett Duggar Jr- BlondeIdol, Kangaroo (Go by Garrett), JordynDarby5, neurogirl, CarrotCake

Joseph Mark- mollysmom

Joseph Paul- singsingsing

Judah Garrett- JPickleDuggar

Kaden Paul- SapphireSlytherin

Levi Joseph- AtlanticTug

Lexington- JMO

Liam Joseph- Dandruff, HRM1216

Luke Paul- Million Children For Jesus

Noah Joseph – Ophelia, Mim

Noah Paul- Jatalie196

Patrick Jacob- VBOY9977

Paul Ezra- The Wanderer

Paul Garrett- Snarkasarus Rex

Paul James- IReallyAmHopewell, new espadrille

Paul Joseph- Ivycoveredtower, SweetJuly

Richard Joseph “RJ”- SorenaJ

Robert Paul- Marly

Seth- adidas

Solomon Joseph- meee

Vincent Joseph “VJ”- Keyleigh

Zechariah- adidas

No Name Guess- surgicalmusicalchairs

Something Palin-y like “Clamp” or “Truck”- nickeodeon

Twin Names

Joseph and Patrick- nst

Date

May 31st- The Wanderer

June 4th- KeepingChrysanthemum

June 5th- Million Children For Jesus

June 6th- JordanDarby5, Marly

June 10th- SweetJuly

June 11th- Daisy0322

June 12th- freshlemonade

June 13th- JPickleDuggar (4:24pm)

June 14th- jegfile, neurogirl

June 15th- InTheNameofRufus

June 16th- Snowless

June 17th- Jenn the Heathen

June 18th- Mim, new espadrille

June 19th- aprilx

June 20th- Satan’sFortress, VBOY9977, BlondeIdol, Jatalie1996, SorenaJ, meee, ihaveanexamintwodays, Snarkasarus Rex

June 21st- singsingsing

June 22nd- Ophelia, mollysmom

June 23rd- Kangaroo

June 24th- CarrotCake

June 25th- Nashville92

June 26th- AtlanticTug, Albireo, yeahtotally

June 27th- anaandrade, victoriasponge, surgicalmusicalchairs, Fluffypaws

June 28th- Seculardaisy, manda b, albanuadh_1

June 29th- Caskett4ever, WiseGirl

June 30th- HRM1216, Carm_88, Yaoichan12, SapphireSlytherin, GoddessOfVictory, JMO

July 1st- Scrabblemaster

July 4th- VeryNikeSeamstress, Markie, bekah

July 5th- Seren Ann

July 7th- adidas

July 15th- JoylessAnna

July 25th- tabitha2

July 26th- SeekingAdventureAugust 27th- AstroNot

Weight

5lbs- nst

6lbs- Seculardaisy

6lbs 5oz, HuggleMonster

6lbs 12oz- Nashville92

6lbs 14oz- The Wanderer

7lbs- new espadrille

7lbs 2oz- VBOY9977, InTheNameofRufus

7lbs 3oz- Satan’sFortress, SapphireSlytherin, BlondeIdol, adidas, mollysmom

7lbs 5oz- bekah

7lbs 6oz- JoylessAnna

7lbs 7oz- ophelia, surgicalmusicalchairs (3470g)

7lbs 8oz- Daisy0322, Don’tlikekoolaid

7lbs 10oz- VeryNikeSeamstress, Caskett4ever

7lbs 11oz- albireo

7lbs 12oz- SeekingAdventure

7lbs 13oz- Jatalie1996

7lbs 14oz- Jenn The Heathen

8lbs- JermajestyDuggar, Million Children For Jesus, Marly, eveandadam

8lbs 2oz- Kangaroo

8lbs 3oz- AtlanticTug, neurogirl

8lbs 4oz- Yaoichan12, Fluffypaws

8lbs 5oz- Markie, HRM1216, singsingsing, meee, Snarkasarus Rex

8lbs 6oz- Carm_88, Captain Obvious

8lbs 7oz- tabitha2

8lbs 9oz- JMO

8lbs 10oz- GoddessOfVictory

8lbs 15oz- JPickleDuggar

9lbs 5oz- jegfile

Length

17 inches- VeryNikeSeamstress

19 inches- VBOY9977, bekah, Nashville92, JPickleDuggar

19.5 inches- HRM1216, SeekingAdventure, Seculardaisy, Million Children For Jesus

21 inches- nst, JMO, AtlanticTug, InTheNameofRufus

Where

Birthing Centre with her Mom, sister, Joy, and a certified Midwife- Markie

Hospital- HRM1216, ophelia, Seren Ann, InTheNameofRufus (Wishful thinking ;) ), SorenaJ

Hospital after an attempted Homebirth- Snarkasarus Rex

Home- Albireo, Kangaroo, Carm_88, Nashville92

Home with her Mom- ihaveanexamintwodays

Home but maybe a Birthing Centre with Kendra’s Mom, sister Lauren, and Joy. *A wild Michelle and Jana may appear as well*

Home but maybe a birthing centre- JMO

I am saying that the 4th is done. As always, if I'm wrong, I will go back and change it! :) 

Most fundamentalists are opposed to IVF because, in the process, you create multiple embryos but then only implant 1 at a time. Most of the time there are several additional  or non-viable embryos that need to be discarded. Some people even "adopt" these additional embryos created during IVF and implant them to carry them to term. I think it's very unlikely any of the Bates would ever do IVF.

I think that intrauterine insemination would be acceptable to them. Ultimately adoption is probably the route that most fundamentalist couples dealing with infertility take if other fertility measures don't work.

7 minutes ago, PainfullyAware said:

Most fundamentalists are opposed to IVF because, in the process, you create multiple embryos but then only implant 1 at a time. Most of the time there are several additional  or non-viable embryos that need to be discarded. Some people even "adopt" these additional embryos created during IVF and implant them to carry them to term. I think it's very unlikely any of the Bates would ever do IVF.

I think that intrauterine insemination would be acceptable to them. Ultimately adoption is probably the route that most fundamentalist couples dealing with infertility take if other fertility measures don't work.

For many adoption isn't acceptable either, because the child will have the "sins of the father"

True! However I think within the circles of the Duggars and Bates adoption is considered a Christian thing to do. Of course they may be selective on deserving and undeserving children based on their parents... I'm going to go throw up now after writing that. I think quiverfull is generally supportive of adoption but I could be wrong about that. I also looked up the Evangelical view of creating embryos for IVF, and found that some Evangelical fertility doctors will only create a very small number of embryos with the goal of implanting all of them for the couple. That way they avoid the tricky problem of freezing the extra embryos indefinitely or disposing of them ( which is why many believe IVF is antithetical to being pro-life).

Of course it means that the mother has to go through repeated egg harvesting sessions if the implantation of those embryos isn't successful, which involves unpleasant side effects and is not something you want to be doing frequently.

However it would be interesting to see if someone like Michael Bates eventually decides to try IVF (with the creation of only 2-5 embryos), or "adopts" someone else's IVF embryos, or adopts a child, or just prays about it.

I apologise if I'm being dense, but what exactly is the problem with IVF and quiverfull fundies such as the Bates?

I understand that multiple embryos would be created in case you choose IVF but if you're quiverfull wouldn't you expect to want to make use of all embryos eventually anyway?

9 minutes ago, SweetJuly said:

I apologise if I'm being dense, but what exactly is the problem with IVF and quiverfull fundies such as the Bates?

I understand that multiple embryos would be created in case you choose IVF but if you're quiverfull wouldn't you expect to want to make use of all embryos eventually anyway?

@formergothardite might be the best to answer this! 

20 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

Yes, I think so too. There are a likely number of candidates - Jill, Joy, Jessa, Anna... Typical spacing and medical recommendations notwithstanding.

10 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Did they check Brandon? or is it considered only Michael's problem?

Yes, they checked him too.

I'm surprised people think that Jessa and Ben seriously consider adoption and that it was not just another story line for the show. I don't think they will ever adopt until maybe much later in life (see JB and Michelle with their distant nephew, which is not even adoption but custody?).

Before the end of the year,  Jessa and Jill, and Lauren could announce. And don't forget Anna! Her timing is about 2 years between children with the spacing becoming gradually larger. She will probably due around September/Oktber 2019. If she get's pregnant a little earlier this time than she might announce by the end of the year.

Here adoption rates are at an all time low. The government child welfare department likes to keep children within families if they can support them. 

In 2017 only 120 children were adopted (not just babies - all ages). Thats out of a population of approx 4.7 million. 

For that reason I have always found adoption by people able to have their own biological children as selfish, potentially “taking” a child from a child free couple who dont have the chance to have their own children. (I maybe wording this muddled, its late here, its been a busy day). 

A couple we know waited 10 years, after already spending 8 years of unsuccessful fertility treatments. They had been together since they were teenagers. They now have a nearly 5yr old wee boy who is the centre of their world! They pulled themselves out of the adoption pool after being selected to be parents to him.

Spoiler

A Baby Boy Already?! You must be JoKen!!

Boy Names

Abraham Adam- meowfundiecatz

Adam- SamiKatz

Adam Paul- Scrabblemaster, Kelsey

Aiden James- Albireo

Brody Joseph- singsingsing

Caleb- aprilx

Caleb Paul- tabitha2

Cash- JMO

Christian Joseph- Jenn the Heathen

Christopher Paul- jegfile

Daniel John- JoylessAnna

Daniel Joseph- KeepingChrysanthemum

David Joshua- InTheNameofRufus

Elijah Kenneth- Daisy0322

Elijah Paul- Captain Obvious

Elijah Robert- TheMustardCardigan

Elijah Wyatt- victoriasponge

Emmett Lee- nastyhobbitses

Ethan Joseph- JermajestyDuggar

Ethan Paul- Carm_88, HRM1216

Ezra Joseph- viii

Gabriel- adidas

Gage- adidas

Garrett Paul- Bugaboo

Gavin Robert- TuringMachine

Gunner- adidas

Hunter- adidas

Isaiah Joseph- GoddessOfVictory

Jacob Garrett- TheLambBeforeTime

Jacob Paul- Letizia

Jakob Lee- manda b

James Joseph- Jilli

Jayden Courage- AstroNot

Jericho Jerusalem- Don’tlikekoolaid

Job Joseph- AlwaysExcited

Joel- habert

Joseph Jr- ihaveanexamintwodays, HuggleMonster, WiseGirl, eveandadam

Joseph Anthony- new espadrille

Joseph Caldwell- Snowless

Joseph Garrett Duggar Jr- BlondeIdol, Kangaroo (Go by Garrett), JordynDarby5, neurogirl, CarrotCake

Joseph Mark- mollysmom

Joseph Paul- singsingsing

Judah Garrett- JPickleDuggar

Kaden Paul- SapphireSlytherin

Levi Joseph- AtlanticTug

Lexington- JMO

Liam Joseph- Dandruff, HRM1216

Luke Paul- Million Children For Jesus

Noah Joseph – Ophelia, Mim

Noah Paul- Jatalie196

Patrick Jacob- VBOY9977

Paul Ezra- The Wanderer

Paul Garrett- Snarkasarus Rex

Paul James- IReallyAmHopewell, new espadrille

Paul Joseph- Ivycoveredtower, SweetJuly

Richard Joseph “RJ”- SorenaJ

Robert Paul- Marly

Seth- adidas

Solomon Joseph- meee

Vincent Joseph “VJ”- Keyleigh

Zechariah- adidas

No Name Guess- surgicalmusicalchairs

Something Palin-y like “Clamp” or “Truck”- nickeodeon

Twin Names

Joseph and Patrick- nst

Date

May 31st- The Wanderer

June 4th- KeepingChrysanthemum

June 5th- Million Children For Jesus

June 6th- JordanDarby5, Marly

June 10th- SweetJuly

June 11th- Daisy0322

June 12th- freshlemonade

June 13th- JPickleDuggar (4:24pm)

June 14th- jegfile, neurogirl

June 15th- InTheNameofRufus

June 16th- Snowless

June 17th- Jenn the Heathen

June 18th- Mim, new espadrille

June 19th- aprilx

June 20th- Satan’sFortress, VBOY9977, BlondeIdol, Jatalie1996, SorenaJ, meee, ihaveanexamintwodays, Snarkasarus Rex

June 21st- singsingsing

June 22nd- Ophelia, mollysmom

June 23rd- Kangaroo

June 24th- CarrotCake

June 25th- Nashville92

June 26th- AtlanticTug, Albireo, yeahtotally

June 27th- anaandrade, victoriasponge, surgicalmusicalchairs, Fluffypaws

June 28th- Seculardaisy, manda b, albanuadh_1

June 29th- Caskett4ever, WiseGirl

June 30th- HRM1216, Carm_88, Yaoichan12, SapphireSlytherin, GoddessOfVictory, JMO

July 1st- Scrabblemaster

July 4th- VeryNikeSeamstress, Markie, bekah

July 5th- Seren Ann

July 7th- adidas

July 15th- JoylessAnna

July 25th- tabitha2

July 26th- SeekingAdventureAugust 27th- AstroNot

Weight

5lbs- nst

6lbs- Seculardaisy

6lbs 5oz, HuggleMonster

6lbs 12oz- Nashville92

6lbs 14oz- The Wanderer

7lbs- new espadrille

7lbs 2oz- VBOY9977, InTheNameofRufus

7lbs 3oz- Satan’sFortress, SapphireSlytherin, BlondeIdol, adidas, mollysmom

7lbs 5oz- bekah

7lbs 6oz- JoylessAnna

7lbs 7oz- ophelia, surgicalmusicalchairs (3470g)

7lbs 8oz- Daisy0322, Don’tlikekoolaid

7lbs 10oz- VeryNikeSeamstress, Caskett4ever

7lbs 11oz- albireo

7lbs 12oz- SeekingAdventure

7lbs 13oz- Jatalie1996

7lbs 14oz- Jenn The Heathen

8lbs- JermajestyDuggar, Million Children For Jesus, Marly, eveandadam

8lbs 2oz- Kangaroo

8lbs 3oz- AtlanticTug, neurogirl

8lbs 4oz- Yaoichan12, Fluffypaws

8lbs 5oz- Markie, HRM1216, singsingsing, meee, Snarkasarus Rex

8lbs 6oz- Carm_88, Captain Obvious

8lbs 7oz- tabitha2

8lbs 9oz- JMO

8lbs 10oz- GoddessOfVictory

8lbs 15oz- JPickleDuggar

9lbs 5oz- jegfile

Length

17 inches- VeryNikeSeamstress

19 inches- VBOY9977, bekah, Nashville92, JPickleDuggar

19.5 inches- HRM1216, SeekingAdventure, Seculardaisy, Million Children For Jesus

21 inches- nst, JMO, AtlanticTug, InTheNameofRufus

Where

Birthing Centre with her Mom, sister, Joy, and a certified Midwife- Markie

Hospital- HRM1216, ophelia, Seren Ann, InTheNameofRufus (Wishful thinking ;) ), SorenaJ

Hospital after an attempted Homebirth- Snarkasarus Rex

Home- Albireo, Kangaroo, Carm_88, Nashville92

Home with her Mom- ihaveanexamintwodays

Home but maybe a Birthing Centre with Kendra’s Mom, sister Lauren, and Joy. *A wild Michelle and Jana may appear as well*

Home but maybe a birthing centre- JMO

I'm calling the 5th done! 

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic

Archived