IGNORED

Maxwell 15: Simplifying Thanksgiving into Less than Regular Dinner

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Mary’s post wasn’t the worst written thing on the blog. “Sticky is everywhere” was bizarre

"Sticky is everywhere" could certainly be a post-count title. 

Anyway, I learned about the Operation Christmas Child shoe-box stuffing from posts here on Maxhell, but I had no idea what it was.  

@NakedKnees posted an awesomely fiery article from BaptistNews.com, The Death of Christianity in the US, over at Quiverfull of Snark -- which, if there was ever anything Stevehovah and John Shrader should read, it's this -- and after further noodling around on Baptist News, I made my way to this: 

Stuffing shoe boxes for the world’s poor? Maybe you should reconsider 

and this 

10 alternatives to Operation Christmas Child – Baptist News Global 

"So you love the idea of Operation Christmas Child but you don’t want to support a ministry run by Franklin Graham because of his statements on immigration, religious liberty or America politics." 

and it becomes apparent that these folks at Baptist News are NOT fans of Franklin Graham or OCC.  Apparently OCC is quite controversial in some circles. 

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, neptune said:

Does this mean Sarah, Anna, and Mary all share a room too?

Also, hi everyone! I discovered the Maxwells and FreeJinger a few months ago via the Boyer Sisters and I am hooked :pb_eek:

Welcome! 

Yes, all three girls share a room. I think they have a set of bunk beds and one separate bed in there. One year, "the girls" got bedroom decor for Christmas. I think it was three plaques or framed prints. 

A Tale of Two Animal Crackers  by Sarah Maxwell.

"It was the worst of times..."  because there is no "best of times" in Maxhell.

@usmcmom, plaques or framed prints for the shared bedroom seems like a cheap-ass present, if you ask me.

15 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

plaques or framed prints for the shared bedroom seems like a cheap-ass present, if you ask me.

I think that gift is okay if you don't have a lot of money, or if it's someone you aren't close to - but your own kid? And when you are clearly middle class? I think they can afford more, but choose not to focus on gifts because it's *Christ*mas :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

To be fair, I think they did receive other gifts. I have just done a quick search of the blog to try to find the post - no luck.  I was just pointing out the wall decor because it stuck out to me as a reminder that three grown women share a room. It would be hard to agree on decor items; I'd think, but I'm sure all their tastes have morphed into one. 

I now wonder what the parents would say if the girls actually wanted to do a full redecorating project of their room. Apparently, they all have their own money. I wonder if they would be allowed to shop for new comforters and drapes, paint the walls, etc. I guess they have no need for a chair or love seat in the room since they probably can't spend time in there except to sleep. 

8 hours ago, singsingsing said:

There's an easy way to tell if Jesse is engaged: has he bought a house?

Jesse does not appear in the local property records (edited to add- I just double checked)

47 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Jesse does not appear in the local property records (edited to add- I just double checked)

I think it will be awhile for Jesse. Maybe because he's the baby boy blue (thanks Jrod). I just get the feeling he's not ready yet. 

But seriously, everybody!! Where will Jesse sleep when John gets married??!? I need to know this if I'm going to sleep tonight. 

When my daughter was little, I kept a little pallet on the floor by our bed so she could come in and sleep beside us if there was a storm or she had a bad dream. I guess Teri can do that for Jesse. Who knows what evil they have convinced him might lurk in a bedroom when one sleeps alone?? 

53 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

But seriously, everybody!! Where will Jesse sleep when John gets married??!? I need to know this if I'm going to sleep tonight. 

When my daughter was little, I kept a little pallet on the floor by our bed so she could come in and sleep beside us if there was a storm or she had a bad dream. I guess Teri can do that for Jesse. Who knows what evil they have convinced him might lurk in a bedroom when one sleeps alone?? 

If I were in Teri's shoes, I'd be strongly suggesting that Stevehovah move into Jesse's room to be his accountability partner. Win-win.

3 hours ago, VVV said:

If I were in Teri's shoes, I'd be strongly suggesting that Stevehovah move into Jesse's room to be his accountability partner. Win-win.

Ah, but then who would be Teri's?

7 hours ago, usmcmom said:

To be fair, I think they did receive other gifts. I have just done a quick search of the blog to try to find the post - no luck.  I was just pointing out the wall decor because it stuck out to me as a reminder that three grown women share a room. It would be hard to agree on decor items; I'd think, but I'm sure all their tastes have morphed into one. 

I now wonder what the parents would say if the girls actually wanted to do a full redecorating project of their room. Apparently, they all have their own money. I wonder if they would be allowed to shop for new comforters and drapes, paint the walls, etc. I guess they have no need for a chair or love seat in the room since they probably can't spend time in there except to sleep. 

Decorating choices would be assigned to Creative Mary. That’s the identity she’s been given, so she’s scheduled for anything to do with fashion/decor.

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think it will be awhile for Jesse. Maybe because he's the baby boy blue (thanks Jrod). I just get the feeling he's not ready yet. 

Jesse reminds me of Ira Glass Waters-Waters from the Gayle Waters-Waters sketches on YouTube.

2 hours ago, meee said:

Don’t be silly - women don’t need bedroom accountability because only men can ever be interested in sex. :fubar:

Just now, Captain Obvious said:

Don’t be silly - women don’t need bedroom accountability because only men can ever be interested in sex. :fubar:

But she may stay up past her scheduled bedtime mainlining Pepsi if Steve doesn’t keep a careful watch. Maybe even think the words to Row Row Row your boat while she hums it. The deviousness of sinful women knows no bounds.

3 hours ago, meee said:

Maybe it's time Sarah moves in her room to confirm her destiny (or her "ministry") as momma's life buddy and caretaker.

Some things have been bought off the Maxwell Bontrager registry. As things start to be bought up quickly we will have an idea of when the shower will take place. People always seem to buy most of the gifts one week before the shower. 

Alright; I've had just about enough of this nonsense! 

Some questions will never be answered but were we not promised that there would be a book announcement today??  I simply do not have time to refresh the Titus 2 page every five minutes to learn the exciting news. 

You're killing me Sarah!! 

15 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Alright; I've had just about enough of this nonsense! 

Some questions will never be answered but were we not promised that there would be a book announcement today??  I simply do not have time to refresh the Titus 2 page every five minutes to learn the exciting news. 

You're killing me Sarah!! 

It's up now.

"Sunflower's Christmas miracle."

18 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It's up now.

"Sunflower's Christmas miracle."

I have read the description of Sunflower's Christmas Miracle and have no idea what it is about.  None.  

Christmas is right around the corner in Sunflower, and life is full of surprises. Some good, some not. Mr. Gibson is at the root of them, but what can twelve-year-old Moses do? At the town hall meeting, Moses is proud to watch his older brother stand up against opposition, but the new piece of information is troubling. When their Christmas season turns into a crisis, can Moses handle what’s before him? Sunflower’s Christmas Miracle will tug your heartstrings in this incredible story of hope and love.

It is a series of non sequiturs.

I think it is very sad that Sarah's big announcement has to end with a plug of her father's book. 

Nice, Steve.  Steal your daughter's thunder by making sure your book is the last thing people see on today's post. We can't have a mere "girl" outshining a man, now can we? 

I got excited to see a cat on the cover but there's no mention of a cat. A book about a cat is much more interesting to me than a book about the moodys. 

I thought the Moody series was done and Sarah was writing something new about a small town? She even visited a small town to get inspiration. Did I make that up? :pb_lol:

Just now, Eternalbluepearl said:

I thought the Moody series was done and Sarah was writing something new about a small town? She even visited a small town to get inspiration. Did I make that up? :pb_lol:

It's all very confusing and complicated, too much so for simpletons like you and me to understand.

If my reading comprehension were better, I'm sure I could follow the line of logic about Mr. Gibson, Moses, and the crisis before them.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived