IGNORED

Maxwell 14: Editing Out Fun-Loving

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I guess Chelsy is sleeping in one of the extended-family houses, no way in the main house. It could cause John sinful dreams.

Yeah because that'll never happen if she's not in the same house... ;)

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my quest for  more fundyknowledge I will be entering Maxhell. Is there a facebook page or just a blog? 

49 minutes ago, Candydandy said:

In my quest for  more fundyknowledge I will be entering Maxhell. Is there a facebook page or just a blog? 

It’s just a blog and enjoy your trip down that rabbit hole! I started with the Duggars and these people do nothing, but they are like a train wreck you can stop looking at. 

53 minutes ago, Candydandy said:

In my quest for  more fundyknowledge I will be entering Maxhell. 

Good luck! Please take frequent breaks! Reading about all that nothingness and the endless bean burritos can cause the Maxwell blues. You'll crave pepsi, dust-free ceiling fans, and you might start setting up a schedule to get those kitchen cabinets polished...be careful. 

Latest post is making tortillas with one of the aunts.  Does anyone else thinks Abby looks, not beaten down but maybe resigned?

1 hour ago, Candydandy said:

FJ Welcome wagon! — you’ll be needing these:  :tw_cookie::tw_cookie: (actually for the Maxwells it’s more like these:) :i_like_cookies: :i_like_cookies: and :ferret::ferret:

ETA those are supposed to be animal crackers — I’m on tablet and can’t hover to see if that’s what they’re labelled as.

21 minutes ago, Dark Matters said:

Latest post is making tortillas with one of the aunts.  Does anyone else thinks Abby looks, not beaten down but maybe resigned?

Her eyes seem to say “this is my life...” she doesn’t look happy. 

37 minutes ago, Coconutwater said:

these people do nothing, but they are like a train wreck you can stop looking at. 

They are a very slow, very boring train wreck that you can't stop watching. They take the same un-vacations, eat the same food, clean the same cabinets, yet it is hard to stop checking in to see what they aren't doing. 

1 hour ago, Candydandy said:

When you get done you HAVE to check out Jill Rod if you haven't already. That right there is a fast moving train wreck with more crazy than can be described. 

1. Thanks for the link to the old pages and Nathan/Mel's wedding. I can't even... I read a few sentences and needed Pepsi.

2. Abby looks like puberty is starting poor kid. End of any possible fun now. Soon she'll be churning out all the family's tortillas with only her siblings for help. "Resigned" is a possibility for the look. "Truth beginning to dawn" is another.

3. I love how Sarah tries to deflect criticism of an unmarried "girl" telling Moms something they already know by saying "As you moms know....."

I wonder how Stevehova perverts passages like Galatians 5:1 to make the kidults (and actual children in his cult) think they aren't slaves.

I would like to think they know there is another option out there - but it seems like leaving isn't something that is commonly done, be it in the Steve home or Duggar or other fundie Christians or other insular faith groups like Scientology or Hasidic Jew or Mormon.

1 hour ago, nomoxian said:

I wonder how Stevehova perverts passages like Galatians 5:1 to make the kidults (and actual children in his cult) think they aren't slaves.

I would like to think they know there is another option out there - but it seems like leaving isn't something that is commonly done, be it in the Steve home or Duggar or other fundie Christians or other insular faith groups like Scientology or Hasidic Jew or Mormon.

There is a doc on Netflix about leaving Hasidism. It’s called One of Us and it’s pretty heartbreaking. 

Dear Lord. The wedding story sounded so boring, the way they mentioned every fucking detail. The girls had to sit around for forty-five minutes before the ceremony?? And the flower girl and ring bearer did exactly as they were supposed to? It's not a complicated job. I also really don't give a flying fuck that it was hard to remove the rings from the cushion. 

ETA: My favourite bit has to be when Nathan and Melanie drove about a bit whilst Melanie ate some yogurt. What. The. Actual. Fuck.

2 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

3. I love how Sarah tries to deflect criticism of an unmarried "girl" telling Moms something they already know by saying "As you moms know....."

given the general assumption that Sarah very probably played a large part in raising her five younger siblings through Terri's bouts of depression, i'm willing to grant her sister-mom or honorary-mom status.  but i do see your point in yet another Maxwellian Statement Of The Obvious. 

At least we didn't get the tortilla recipe again. We've had that loads of times.

I WANT THE PIZZA CUTTER LETTUCE TIP DAMMIT. *sits crossly in corner with arms folded*

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

They are a very slow, very boring train wreck that you can't stop watching. They take the same un-vacations, eat the same food, clean the same cabinets, yet it is hard to stop checking in to see what they aren't doing. 

When you get done you HAVE to check out Jill Rod if you haven't already. That right there is a fast moving train wreck with more crazy than can be described. 

"Crazy Train" by that ebil Ozzy Osbourne should be the Free Jinger theme song!

I saw a post where they all went to Wally World to get Operation Christmas Child stuff (thank God they do not allow candy anymore) and at the end the kids were sitting in a row on the curb having Goldfish. This wasn't weird to me, but it jogged a memory I had of seeing a young fundie mom who had other kids with her putting watermelon chunks on a picnic table in a public park and having the kids/babies eat off of it. I know she did not have plates with her, but she had a lot of random baggies and tupperware lids from the lunch, I would have at least used those as a barrier. Am I being too nasty-nice? I notice a lot of Quiverfull parents end up herding the kids like cattle just to survive. There obviously more extreme examples of this than watermelon on a dirty public table. 

54 minutes ago, dripcurl said:

Am I being too nasty-nice? I notice a lot of Quiverfull parents end up herding the kids like cattle just to survive. There obviously more extreme examples of this than watermelon on a dirty public table. 

I went to Mormon church (super family oriented, most people have at least three kids, etc.) as a kid and I noticed that sort of behaviour too. Kids picking up food off the floor and eating it, drinking out of the same cup, sharing hats, eating off of the table or tray at McDonalds, stuff like that.

I always thought it was nasty, and I was personally forbidden from doing things like that. I remember one time when I picked up some random thing that was on the carpet, mostly to see what it was, and got told off by my dad and grandma. I was the only 'only child' in that community. I do think that people have fewer fucks to give when they have more kids (or, when they're... more.)

1 hour ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

"Crazy Train" by that ebil Ozzy Osbourne should be the Free Jinger theme song!

That is one of our personal family anthems;  the other is Weird Al's "White & Nerdy".  :my_biggrin:

25 minutes ago, nomoxian said:

I always thought it was nasty, and I was personally forbidden from doing things like that. I remember one time when I picked up some random thing that was on the carpet, mostly to see what it was, and got told off by my dad and grandma. I was the only 'only child' in that community. I do think that people have fewer fucks to give when they have more kids (or, when they're... more.)

I was in my 40s before i discovered that double dipping was wrong, wrong, wrong.  Fortunately, someone else was called out for it before I was getting ready to do it.  Dodged that bullet!  Double dipping is when you, for example, take a large tortilla chip and dip it in some salsa; eat that part of the tortilla chip, and use that same chip to dip again.  

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I WANT THE PIZZA CUTTER LETTUCE TIP DAMMIT. *sits crossly in corner with arms folded*

I think Steve is withholding this tip out of spite. He knows we are dying to see that post. 

21 minutes ago, Howl said:

I was in my 40s before i discovered that double dipping was wrong, wrong, wrong.  Fortunately, someone else was called out for it before I was getting ready to do it.  Dodged that bullet!  Double dipping is when you, for example, take a large tortilla chip and dip it in some salsa; eat that part of the tortilla chip, and use that same chip to dip again.  

As all Seinfeld fans know, double dipping is a huuuuge faux pas.

3 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

ETA: My favourite bit has to be when Nathan and Melanie drove about a bit whilst Melanie ate some yogurt. What. The. Actual. Fuck.

My favorite was the completely superfluous detail about the conference center's punch foundation requiring a no-pulp punch.

Some of the comments about the day seem ridiculous too.

”The bride and groom dismissing us row by row was great!” SERIOUSLY?? That has to be a pisstake.

43 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

My favorite was the completely superfluous detail about the conference center's punch foundation requiring a no-pulp punch.

My favorite was the rehearsal dinner were the wait staff said "Fuck it" to Griselda Teri's seating chart and served the meals and drinks their way.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived