IGNORED

Maxwell 14: Editing Out Fun-Loving

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

How do we know Chelsy's going to be barefoot?

And staaaaahp with those weird curls, Anna. They're halfway to a crunchy Duggar perm. She looks much better with straight hair. 

Of course we get a link to that stupid video again. Urgh. Before they only mentioned Jesse as having a heart for the unborn in the birthday posts, now Mary and Anna have it in their birthday posts too. Is this a thing? They've got no hopes of marriage (well, Jesse has more than the girls) so they're gonna spend their time being pro-life wankers? Bleurgh

Mary and Anna have a "heart for the unborn" - guess that will have to suffice since they'll never have any children of their own.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

New post up for Anna’s Birthday. She has a passion for the unborn like Mary and is energetic and loves children...

That post was heartbreaking for being so bland... and "thrives on serving others" and "has an incredible heart to please" are just two different ways of saying the same thing, except the latter is quite creepier. Those phrases do no belong in the same description, let alone same sentence Maxwells! I wouldn't be so harsh if I thought a middle schooler was writing this, and I consider myself to be a lazy writer and direction follower so I should shut up, but I won't.

Also, no age is mentioned, I thought Anna was the youngest? As in like 20? Has she already reached that point where someone guessing or telling your age is a touchy subject? Or is it a weird Maxwell thing to not speak of age....

UPDATE: Like I said, I am lazy. Lucky for me, Titus 2 generates related posts. 2 years ago she turned 23, so today she is 25. That was also an insulting post, it was all about how she serves. Reminds me of a bridal shower I went to a few years ago, where a mainstream Christian girl was marrying this asshole guy who's parents were what I would call "failed fundies". They cranked out a large number of kids, then quickly grew bored and would take off to Europe for months at a time for the kids to fend for themselves. So at the shower, the mom of the groom gets down one knee in front of everyone, takes the bride's hands and manically praises her for doing her dishes, laundry, babysitting the younger kids while she is focusing on her lifestyle of being an absent parent (my words obviously). 

God I am now falling down a major Maxwell rabbit hole like never before. Fun fact: I emailed Steve when I was like 12 challenging him on something, don't remember what. Anyway, I was looking for he and Teri's wedding photo on google and found a decade old post, "The Blessing of Reversal Babies". I knew about this with them, but it cracked me up how Sarah would not say the word vasectomy, she just called it a "bad decision". And her heart's desire is for other people to change their minds about their vasectomies. :my_sick: If she actually met people outside of her house, she would probably be thankful contraception exists, there are lots of people I know that I am thankful are no longer reproducing, harsh as that sounds... Not everyone is supposed to have tons of kids, if any. 

I have to admit, we got married barefoot.  I wore a traditional wedding dress.  However, we were on the beach in the Virgin Islands, so it worked...

I believe these are the current ages of the younger Maxwells: Mary 21, Jesse 23, Anna 25, John 26.5 (he will be 27 in January. 

8 minutes ago, socalrules said:

Mary is 21? Didn’t she just finish homeschool? Has that much time really passed since Teri homeschooled for 30 years? 

2015 is when she graduated.

1 hour ago, socalrules said:

Mary is 21? Didn’t she just finish homeschool? Has that much time really passed since Teri homeschooled for 30 years? 

Mary "graduated" a year late so that Teri could tell the world she homeschooled for thirty years.

On 10/29/2017 at 6:24 AM, nomoxian said:

The only time I would refer to anyone as a "young lady" is if they are elderly, and even then it would only be in German. I noticed my husband doing it, and the women like it (at least compared to being called 'old' or 'elderly')

PSA: Don't do that. I, and every other "elderly" woman I know find it incredibly offensive. We're just people; you don't have to call us anything, unless you actually know us, in which case you may use our names.

On 10/29/2017 at 8:22 PM, mango_fandango said:

I’ve seen another board where someone complained about being called “dear” etc and pretty much everyone else said “they’re just being friendly” “it’s just a simple term of endearment” etc.

So it's not offensive if they don't mean to give offense? Nuh uh, that's not the way it works. Also, when I am out with my husband, do not keep telling us how cute we are. I grit my teeth, but I am not now, have not been for over 60 years "cute".

10 hours ago, hollyandivy said:

Exodus 3:5 Putt off Thy shoes from Thy feet, for the place whereon Thou standest is holy ground.

(and I used King James, as all other translations are evil ;)

At a Unitarian-Universalist convention I attended a few years ago, I met a minister who always went barefoot in church for that reason. She conducted a communion service for the UU Christians  who were there.

I don't care one way or another, but if there's the slightest chance Steve will have a problem with Chelsy being a barefoot bride, then I'm all for it!

6 hours ago, Dark Matters said:

Mary and Anna have a "heart for the unborn" - guess that will have to suffice since they'll never have any children of their own.

Then Mary & Anna should "save" some unborn embryos frozen in a lab somewhere by adopting them as "snowflake" babies and giving virgin birth to them and raising them in a Christian home! Hahahaha, Steve's head would explode.

5 hours ago, dripcurl said:

Sarah would not say the word vasectomy, she just called it a "bad decision". And her heart's desire is for other people to change their minds about their vasectomies. :my_sick: I

And Sarah should go to med school, become a urologist, and reverse vasectomies for Jesus for a living! LOL, Steve's head explodes again. :Bang2:

3 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

So it's not offensive if they don't mean to give offense? Nuh uh, that's not the way it works. Also, when I am out with my husband, do not keep telling us how cute we are. I grit my teeth, but I am not now, have not been for over 60 years "cute".

I forgot to say it was a primarily British board. I guess it’s just part of British culture, more so in some regions than others. I do agree with you, I find it weird to be called “sweetheart”, “dear” or “love” by a stranger. 

We definitely don’t call old people cute, though. 

13 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Myself, if I ever get married, I'm planning to use it as an excuse to buy a pair of 20-hole Doc Martens, or possibly some Fluevogs. 

I wish I'd known about Fluevogs when I got married.  I love them so much.  DH does not get it, although appreciates that they are very unique.

Does Sarah really want all the heathens to reverse their vasectomies and outbreed the Christians? Especially since her family isn't doing so well in the "breeding soldiers for Jesus" department....

6 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

Mary "graduated" a year late so that Teri could tell the world she homeschooled for thirty years.

Before that they used to say how Mary was going to graduate early because she was such a diligent pupil... So maybe they re-calculated it and told Mary she would actually need to graduate a year later so her mom could wear her crown of the SOTDRT Queen. These are the Maxwells after all.

About Chelsy and her lack of footwear: I just don't get it if you are getting married in the middle of Midwestern winter, but like others said, if that makes Steve's head explode then GO FOR IT CHELSY!

12 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

About Chelsy and her lack of footwear: I just don't get it if you are getting married in the middle of Midwestern winter, but like others said, if that makes Steve's head explode then GO FOR IT CHELSY!

Though Stevie might have a secret foot fetish,  He certainly has a Boob fetish, naming his blog Tits2 and the time when a women bent down to pick up her child and Stevie ‘happened’ to be looking and got an eye full.... of course Stevie went on to blame the husband for allowing his wife to wear sluttly tops.

tut tut tut Stevie.

25 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

I don't know if pissing off Steve is worth potential frostbite (I hope the ceremony is indoors), but I hope she also has contrasting-color buttons on her dress, makeup, and actual fun at the wedding.

Let's hope the Bontrager Family Singers will delight the happy couple on the altar by singing Row, row, row your boat :pray:

7 hours ago, snickerz said:

Then Mary & Anna should "save" some unborn embryos frozen in a lab somewhere by adopting them as "snowflake" babies and giving virgin birth to them and raising them in a Christian home! Hahahaha, Steve's head would explode.

And Sarah should go to med school, become a urologist, and reverse vasectomies for Jesus for a living! LOL, Steve's head explodes again. :Bang2:

That would actually be kind of fun and probably better lives for all of them than staying at home in their father's house. I can see it, three spinster sisters, two with snowflake babies to care for and no father or husband and Sarah bringing home the money. That would be the ultimate rebellion. Good Christian lives but so "wrong" within their cultural context not to mention their parents' personal views.

59 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Let's hope the Bontrager Family Singers will delight the happy couple on the altar by singing Row, row, row your boat :pray:

With John accompanying in the guitar he had to give up learning cause he was actually enjoying it so of course Steve deemed it an idol and made him switch instruments.

May John and Chelsy spend many happy evenings singing secular songs to the tune of John’s guitar.

15 minutes ago, lilith said:

With John accompanying in the guitar he had to give up learning cause he was actually enjoying it so of course Steve deemed it an idol and made him switch instruments.

May John and Chelsy spend many happy evenings singing secular songs to the tune of John’s guitar.

I think one or both of the Bowers girls are joining the Bontrager band, at least irregularly, so I hope John and Chelsy get to make appearances for the band as well. John seemed to be the most talented of the Maxwell musicians so he should fit right in.

Also, I like to imagine it would piss off Steve, so I like the idea even more. 

On 10/31/2017 at 11:40 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Chelsy says she will be barefoot for her wedding ceremony :-/ 

What would Steve think of this? Is it appropriate to be barefoot in a church?

Barefoot in the winter, in the Midwest?  Cold, and gross.

15 hours ago, socalrules said:

It took so long because they stated they loved their BORING Christian textbooks and they did not skip anything. I'm assuming they used ABEKA or Rod & Staff. Rod & Staff though have an outstanding grammar program so I'm not sure it accomplished what Mary needed. Wasn't Mary made to do an extra year? I can't remember.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived