IGNORED

Maxwell 14: Editing Out Fun-Loving

Coconut Flan

I seriously wonder just what will happen to the girls when Steve and Teri "go to heaven".  Will each of the (now) married brothers take on a sister and turn her into a servant/nanny?  If so - how awful!  Nathan and Chris do not appear to be very close at all, so I would imagine there would be some war over who replaces Steve as THE HEADSHIP.

Oy.  I need a drink.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seriously, unless Stevie has a large stash of $$ set aside, the three "girls" may have to move in with their brothers.  the "work" they do can't possibly bring in enough income to sustain the Fathership (even if it's owned outright) and themselves into their twilight years.  and even if they could afford to stay there alone, Steve has them so stunted that they may be incapable of making the kind of decisions necessary to do so.  they do so little that's genuinely on their own that i'm honestly worried that they don't have enough basic skills to successfully run a household independently.  if Daddy isn't there to oversee the schedule every few hours, would they really know how to handle things by themselves?  and if they can't, it's 1000% Steve's fault for being such a shitty father.

I imagine the girls will be split between Nathan, Chris and either Joseph or John. If Steve and Teri pop their clogs before Jesse is married which probably isn't likely, he will go to the other brother. Or could an unmarried brother not live in the same house as his sister-in-law I wonder?

All this talk of nicknames reminds me of my husband's grandfather.  He was an Englishman who was a baggage handler for the now-defunct Eastern Airlines.  One of the perqs of his pension from Eastern was that he and Nanna could fly everywhere that Eastern went (pretty much all over the world) either free or dirt cheap.  Like I said, he was English and from the working class.  He would call the flight attendants "ducky".  They knew him so well he became Mr Ducky to the flight attendants.

On 10/31/2017 at 11:58 AM, Eternalbluepearl said:

we had a non-religious ceremony in a butterfly conservatory so bare feet would have been kinda gross.

Me too, kitten heels in the Key West Butterfly Conservatory, with little finches everywhere (so yeah, no bare feet).

On 10/31/2017 at 11:56 AM, hollyandivy said:

Exodus 3:5 Putt off Thy shoes from Thy feet, for the place whereon Thou standest is holy ground.

(and I used King James, as all other translations are evil ;)

That's a good one for this situation. But will Chelsy see it and follow the Lord's prompting??? I'm so concerned.

I'm going to use this as an opportunity to share my very favorite Bible verse, Ecclesiastes 9:10. (I will also use the godly KJV.) "Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest." Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge. Until I looked it up just now, I've always only known and quoted the bolded part, but the rest adds a little extra meaning: you'd better jack off skillfully and enthusiastically now, 'cause you won't be able to after you're dead. I hope you will all go and spread this important message from the Lord. Really. It would amuse me very much.

It's like we are talking about a Jane Austen novel. What will happen to our unmarried daughters when You die?!? Who will take care of them Mr Bennett!? Mr Collins will turn them out the minute you are in your grave! 

I'm sure Mary will teach Christopher's 10 children to embroider cushions and play their instruments very ill.

11 hours ago, Rosie said:

Barefoot in the winter, in the Midwest?  Cold, and gross.

Shoot, I go fetch the newspaper barefoot in New England winters.  (From the paper tube, that is, not the corner store---)

6 hours ago, terranova said:

I imagine the girls will be split between Nathan, Chris and either Joseph or John. If Steve and Teri pop their clogs before Jesse is married which probably isn't likely, he will go to the other brother. Or could an unmarried brother not live in the same house as his sister-in-law I wonder?

Different floors, most likely.

A new post is up. How the hell is that stupid-ass OCC not an idol in the Maxhell??? After their speaking tours ended and their gospel band pretty much ceased to exist, the OCC became a new obsession.

You get called nicknames more than your name in my parts. 

The drivethru at Tim Hortons- 'That will be 4.82 my love, please drive thru'

At Walmart 'Would you be able to check if there's any more lawn chairs out back my ducky/darling?'

I think of 'young lady' negatively.  'You young lady better not be late for school tomorrow'.

17 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

https://baptistnews.com/article/10-alternatives-operation-christmas-child/#.WftJw1GQxhE

Franklin Graham is a douche.

So, Sarah, it doesn't look like you are putting any tools in those boxes.

Sarah has no concept of anything real. She only knows what her parents tell her. This extreme sheltering from the world is such a sad and bizarre experiment. What has it helped? Teri and Steve to feel like they are more in control of their adult children than others are? I guess that was the whole point. In fact, I think that's the point of their whole lifestyle much more than any of this "following Jesus" stuff. 

On 11/1/2017 at 5:13 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

I don't know if pissing off Steve is worth potential frostbite (I hope the ceremony is indoors), but I hope she also has contrasting-color buttons on her dress, makeup, and actual fun at the wedding.

Hee! 

I am diligently hoping she wears boots - Uggs, cowboy, or wellies - to  the church and just takes them off for the ceremony.  John can do a Nathan and carry her to the car to get to the reception.

I just noticed.  They are getting married at a Baptist church in Washington, Iowa.  I've been to Washington, many moons ago, in November and I have never been so cold in my life!  The reception is in a Mennonite church hall back in Kalona about a 14 mile drive from the church.

In the OCC post Melanie looks very unwell and also pregnant. Please let me be wrong about both of those.

11 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

In the OCC post Melanie looks very unwell and also pregnant. Please let me be wrong about both of those.

I thought the same but I've convinced myself that it's just a pooch that many 40 year old women get after having 6 babies. I have a pooch and I'm currently adding some Halloween candy to it. 

52 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Hee! 

I am diligently hoping she wears boots - Uggs, cowboy, or wellies - to  the church and just takes them off for the ceremony.  John can do a Nathan and carry her to the car to get to the reception.

I just noticed.  They are getting married at a Baptist church in Washington, Iowa.  I've been to Washington, many moons ago, in November and I have never been so cold in my life!  The reception is in a Mennonite church hall back in Kalona about a 14 mile drive from the church.

Did you also notice the wedding is at 2AM? 

Oh Chelsy, please proofread. 

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Did you also notice the wedding is at 2AM? 

:laughing-rolling:  No.  

But perhaps it wasn't a typo!  Steve may be demanding that they get married at dead of night to foil Free Jinger.  (Joke.)

4 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

:laughing-rolling:  No.  

But perhaps it wasn't a typo!  Steve may be demanding that they get married at dead of night to foil Free Jinger.  (Joke.)

Maybe it was the only time the hall was free. : )

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

https://baptistnews.com/article/10-alternatives-operation-christmas-child/#.WftJw1GQxhE

Franklin Graham is a douche.

So, Sarah, it doesn't look like you are putting any tools in those boxes.

I finally convinced my Baptist mother not to do shoeboxes this year. She finally decided not to support Franklin Graham and realized that 99% of the stuff in the shoeboxes is junk made in the very countries receiving the shoeboxes. I bet they sell the stuff so they can buy food and clothing... you know, important things.

Luckily my town does a giving tree where you buy *real* presents for kids in the foster care system.

45 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

She does look ill - but I look like that if I have a bad cold.  I hope she is OK and is not going to have another terrible pregnancy.  Tie a knot in it Nathan.

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I hate their OCC crapola and OCC. Franklin Graham is indeed a douche.  I wonder what the Maxwells would do if someone sent them this excellent link.

I think the Maxwells baked cookies for their local fire or police dept. one year.  Or perhaps that was only a dream.

OCC is completely self serving. They do it for something to brag about on the blog and it makes their bored adult daughters feel good about themselves once a year. 

I agree Melanie looks pregnant, but if she actually was they would probably try to hide her belly until an official announcement, so I’m hoping it’s just the result of her many previous back to back pregnancies.

Can someone post or message me the link to the wedding website? I can’t seem to find it.

My son's Lutheran school did OCC.  I have heard, but I can't validate this as truth, that all of the boxes are dumped out and sorted by type of object l and some objects are rejected, and notes read for content.  Things you intended for one person may be divied up in multiple boxes.  Heard this from another parent who objected to the program.  

The tools thing confused me - are they mailing screwdrivers and hammers to kids? Sorry, I mean boys. As we all know only boys can use tools.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived