IGNORED

Maxwell 13: And Another One Bites the Dust - John is Engaged

Coconut Flan

2 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Maybe they're not blogging about it yet because Chelsy must complete the Maxwell Jedi Trials by constructing a pizza cutter from rocks found in a mystical cave, and then she must successfully slice through 10 heads of lettuce with it.

Don't forget the Clown Costume Modestification stage!

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, CyborgKin said:

Don't forget the Clown Costume Modestification stage!

I'm just imagining Lolly the Clown luring Chelsy into the storm drain. DOWN HERE WE ALL DUST THE CEILING FANS.

8 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Hold up, how did I miss this post?? 

https://blog.titus2.com/2017/10/06/what-is-titus2s-most-valuable-asset-to-the-blog/

And I'm surprised that none of the leghumpers have commented. Unless they have and Steve has just deleted so that he can post a photo of John and Chelsy after the wedding and pretend like it was a huge surprise. 

For kicks I posted a congrats comment on the Melanie-homeschool-hack post about 30 hours ago, and it was not approved in moderation.  They have since posted another (non-wedding related) blog post and approved OTHER comments on the Melanie post.  They are purposely hiding the relationship on Titus 2 from what I can tell.

4 hours ago, Elegant Mess said:

And the latest blog post is up.  Is it about John and Chelsy?  Aw, hell, no!  It's about gathering supplies for OCC!

C'mon, Maxwells, the cat's out of the bag, so just acknowledge it already!

That post was updated basically on the hour so I think it might have been a scheduled post (was there ever a better name for something in Maxwelland?) I must say there's been a few of their posts particularly in the last year that have felt like they were just filler and pushed out on the dot like that.

Who knows what's going on there? But I honestly don't think they can pretend forever that nothing has happened. Fine if it was just FJ folks knowing about the engagement, but probably quite a few of their genuine readers - if there's any of them left - also know or follow the Bontragers and won't appreciate information being kept from them.

ETA: Oh actually the photos are from August. They're not even pretending any more to be current. Yeah, good one.

Wow, the latest Seriously post is something else. If all the doctors who saved Melanie's and her babies' lives over the years hadn't gone to college and med school unless they could pay for it out of pocket without loans...there would not have been any doctors to save Melanie and her babies. Why would Steve think the world would be better off in that scenario?

I just revel in that special Maxwell brand of awkward. A son gets engaged? Don't mention it on your family blog where you mention even the smallest detail of your lives like that one time mom forgot to buy lettuce. I've said it before...The Arndts and the Maxwells could medal in awkward. 

I basically expect every last fundie we talk about to hold nasty views like Chelsy's. However I fully admit that I much prefer the fundies to keep that shit to themselves. Mostly because when I think of teen Christians who admire these fundies reading those words, I imagine there are some struggling internally about their sexuality and her nasty hateful words only makes their struggle worse. 

3 DAYS, 2 HOURS OF MAXBLOG SILENCE

Is marriage a wonderful institution or not?

Those cute, sw**t children — do they have any idea of Uncle John’s good news? Are their parents protecting them from the emotions at the father-ship?

What are Sarah And The Rest feeling? Free them! And Jana.

Welcome back @lilith!!!  You have been missed.

10 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Pristopher has one terminated courtship and one broken engagement.

Tell us more.  I only vaguely remember Sarah Smith -  I think even that was from before I started follow the Maxwells seriously.

I suspect that after the Munck drama (and all the stuff that had to be wiped from the blog about that wedding) Steve held a family meeting.  He declared that that no courtships, engagements, or wedding plans would ever be discussed publicly in the future until the knot was actually tied.

If I were Chelsy I'd feel dissed.

1 hour ago, VodouDoll said:

Wow, the latest Seriously post is something else.

Steve has a damn nerve.  He and Teri both have college degrees, although he may have got his through military benefits.  How dare he pontificate about education and debt!

Are the Maxwells secretly scheming and plotting to torpedo the engagement? Red lips, red dress, KNEES, PANTS, a bloggess who does NOT schedule blog posts inside the Maxwell's palisades?  How can this happen?   What if Sarah is convicted to start adding chili to the beans when she makes bean burritos? Perhaps the Maxwells are too ossified at this point to mount a defense.   There is so much that could happen to bring the palace walls tumbling down. 

12 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

us more.  I only vaguely remember Sarah Smith -  I think even that was from before I started follow the Maxwells seriously.

Oh oh ... was it Sara who had the two heartbreaks? I’m so sorry! My CRS mind is getting me in trouble. I should’ve stopped at saying Nate never had a broken relationship. 

Mea maxima culpa

Re the OCC post and Sarah’s super-awkward phrasing — it has been laid upon my heart to propose the possibly-too-long post count title:  

Enjoying a Snack in the Parking Lot of Goldfish.

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She could threaten to elope

If she would be with a nice fundie guy, no chance to elope even if she would want to. Because he would have the same fundie beliefs. 

3 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Oh oh ... was it Sara who had the two heartbreaks?

No worries. :)

Yes, Sara was dumped twice.  She wrote extensively about being dumped by not-Christopher (he got his dad to break it off, the rat!)  I don't remember anything about the Sara + Pristopher engagement because the Maxwells wiped the evidence before I started following them.

6 minutes ago, Georgia3112 said:

If she would be with a nice fundie guy, no chance to elope even if she would want to. Because he would have the same fundie beliefs. 

I actually think Steve wouldn't approve most "nice fundie guys." His standards seem to be so high for males that practically none would make the cut. I personally believe Steve's standards for a mate are way higher for men trying to marry into the family as opposed to females. Because he believes males are the head of the household and he knows his girls can be easily taken away in an instant if he chooses wrong. I doubt any fundie male will submit to Steve enough to marry into that family. No guy wants to live in Maxhell and bow down to Steve long enough to marry one of his daughters. 

FFS Maxwells... Do you really think yet another post about that damn Operation Christmas Child with old pictures is more important than announcing your son's engagement to the "love of his life"? Apparently you do. In case you didn't already know it, you SUCK.

16 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

No worries. :)

Yes, Sara was dumped twice.  She wrote extensively about being dumped by not-Christopher (he got his dad to break it off, the rat!)  I don't remember anything about the Sara + Pristopher engagement because the Maxwells wiped the evidence before I started following them.

Ohhhh ho ho ho — then you missed Sara In A Frumper! 

She’s so stylish at heart, and yet there she stood about 8 chaste inches away from Pris, both of them grinning widely. I’ll say this — had she gone ahead and married him, I think it would’ve been HE who changed.  She’s got a personality that could move mountains.

6 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Do you really think yet another post about that damn Operation Christmas Child with old pictures is more important than announcing your son's engagement to the "love of his life"? 

OCC has become an idol in the Maxwell home. They worship at the altar of back-to-school sales and clearance candy. 

54 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

At least we now know where John was for every holiday he has been missing from for the past year.

I'm sure he had a lot more fun with the Bontragers on holidays than his own overly scheduled family. I'm calling it now, they will fix up the house and eventually flip it and move closer to her family who likes to have fun. 

5 minutes ago, Coconutwater said:

I'm sure he had a lot more fun with the Bontragers on holidays than his own overly scheduled family. I'm calling it now, they will fix up the house and eventually flip it and move closer to her family who likes to have fun. 

Chelsy, please be photographed in jeans on your honeymoon. It will blow your Father in Law's mind!

1 hour ago, church_of_dog said:

Re the OCC post and Sarah’s super-awkward phrasing — it has been laid upon my heart to propose the possibly-too-long post count title:  

Enjoying a Snack in the Parking Lot of Goldfish.

Also, perfect post count title IMO..."Snacking in the Parking Lot of Goldfish"...along with someone else's contribution earlier of "Enmeshed As Fuck", hahaha.   

So according to my husband, who works with and is friend with a Bontrager cousin, he thinks he actually met John and Chelsy at the cousin's recent wedding(I didn't go).  I showed him their picture and he says he's sure it was them.  If that's true, he says it definitely is not a no touch courtship.

i know the Bontragers were in town for the wedding, because they sang at a local church that week. I only pieced this together recently, so I didn't go see them sing.

Now I'm kicking myself for not going to the wedding with my husband.  

I'll tell you what, those two have locked lips, I just know it.  There's just something in their body language (outwardly chaste, but knowing) that says, We've held hands AND kissed.  

Steve has met his match. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived