IGNORED

Maxwell 13: And Another One Bites the Dust - John is Engaged

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Quick change of subject to Terifying: I’ve argued before that she’d look better with shorter hair. Others have argued that she looks fine. I offer  This on my side of the debate. 

Just think how fresh she’d look and feel at the wedding IN IOWA! :content:

My money's on her (still) looking like a worn out dishrag.  Nothing personal here, but she probably doesn't even care so much about looks outside of modesty.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:pb_lol:

From Chelsy's blog Q&A:

Anonymous October 9, 2017 at 10:37 PM

Have you really thought about this? You seem to have a fabulous life, but his family isolates themselves to an unhealthy degree, in my opinion, and I wonder if someone with your spirit and joy would find the environment stifling. Best wishes whatever you decide.

Hello!
Oh yes, I've had a year to think about it and I'm absolutely certain. =) John is one of the least isolated guys I've ever met and has every bit as much spirit and joy as I have. I have to work to keep up with his energy sometimes! =) And I'm as thrilled as can be about our "to-be" team environment of the two of us. =)
Thanks for the well-wishes!

19 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I have a very nit picky thought. I wonder if their wedding colors will be green and...whatever. 

Pristopher and Anna had a green wedding (a very pale sage, I think).  Joseph and Elissa had a green wedding. I remember seeing the latter pictures and wondering if green was Steve's favorite color. I can see him manipulating things so that his color happens to be what the bride chooses. It seems like John and Chelsy will be strong enough to make their own decisions, though.  

As for announcing the engagement, I don't see how the Maxwells think this will play well with their readers. Sarah just mentioned on a recent post that their readers are a valued asset!  They are going to feel a little snubbed reading the news somewhere else. 

Joe & Elissa's bright shiny green was a bit much.  Non-reversal Anna's green bridesmaids were better.  I guess that NR didn't have any girlfriends to have in the wedding party, just her sister.  Good thing the Maxwells had no shortage of bridesmaids and flower girls.

I wonder how many people will make up John and Chelsy's bridal party.  I hope to heaven that Steve will have to sit down and STFU for most of the festivities.

21 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

From Chelsy's blog Q&A:

Anonymous October 9, 2017 at 10:37 PM

Have you really thought about this? You seem to have a fabulous life, but his family isolates themselves to an unhealthy degree, in my opinion, and I wonder if someone with your spirit and joy would find the environment stifling. Best wishes whatever you decide.

Hello!
Oh yes, I've had a year to think about it and I'm absolutely certain. =) John is one of the least isolated guys I've ever met and has every bit as much spirit and joy as I have. I have to work to keep up with his energy sometimes! =) And I'm as thrilled as can be about our "to-be" team environment of the two of us. =)

I think this is great! I think John and Chelsy will break more free and do more with her family and on their own. They may only be using that house there as a starter to flip before moving elsewhere. I think we will see much more of what's going on from her blog especially after marriage. 

2 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

Can you post it here? Nevermind I found it, ugh...he's so ridiculous. 

Shucks, you're being kind!  He's an anal, arrogant self-righteous ahole.  And I'm being kind!

58 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

On my screen, the wedding website colors are more aqua, purple gray and gray, not green/dark green. Perhaps they will go for more of a Winter Wonderland type of look. Hopefully not the usually fundie rustic luck they all seem to go for. 

I see a dark spruce green in her dress. I was actually just being sarcastic and playing on a conspiracy theory spin. Engagement photos don't necessarily reflect the wedding colors, I know.  At least my daughter's did not.

Hers were taken on a 12 degree January day in a foot of snow. They nearly froze to death but the photos were soooooo gorgeous and unique. 

I AM really eager to see all the wedding details. I think Chelsy will put together something beautiful. A winter wonderland look would be gorgeous. 

I got married in December and my matron of honor. bridesmaids wore dark green velvet skirts, ivory peasant blouses and tartan sashes.  There were a few Christmas decorations up in the church, but not many since it was still Advent.  My daughter has a December wedding and the house where she had her wedding had a Christmas tree up.  The tree was beautiful, but the knockout was the genuine Monet in the room where the cake was. My daughter and her husband need to go to Giverny for their anniversary sometime. 

In the Maxwell blog on 5/11/16 they mention that "We had guests recently which allowed for a perfect reason to go to the zoo."  I looked through the pics to see if the guests were the Bontrager's.  In the pic titled "Watching the Sea Lions" does the woman in the background look like Allison Bontrager to anyone else? (standing behind the red stroller, you can see her head, she has a white shirt and a black jacket/sweater.)  Also in the first picture, "even Gigi was able to make it" the little girl by gigi's wheelchair looks like she could be the youngest Bontrager girl.   Or no?  Maybe I'm seeing things.

1 hour ago, Marian the Librarian said:

From Chelsy's blog Q&A:

Anonymous October 9, 2017

Hello!

How is John least isolated.  But glad that someone posted something about the Maxwells being so isolated. 

2 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

How is John least isolated.  But glad that someone posted something about the Maxwells being so isolated. 

Well, it didn't last long - this Q&A has been removed from Chelsy's blog. 

7 minutes ago, fundiefollower said:

In the Maxwell blog on 5/11/16 they mention that "We had guests recently which allowed for a perfect reason to go to the zoo."  I looked through the pics to see if the guests were the Bontrager's.  In the pic titled "Watching the Sea Lions" does the woman in the background look like Allison Bontrager to anyone else? (standing behind the red stroller, you can see her head, she has a white shirt and a black jacket/sweater.)  Also in the first picture, "even Gigi was able to make it" the little girl by gigi's wheelchair looks like she could be the youngest Bontrager girl.   Or no?  Maybe I'm seeing things.

The Maxwells visited the Bontragers last May 2016 and in the pic, Chelsy and John weren't sitting together. 

Just now, Marian the Librarian said:

Fun find, though, and here on FJ forever!  Marian, as I always say, you are such a good librarian!

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Maxwells visited the Bontragers last May 2016 and in the pic, Chelsy and John weren't sitting together. 

I remember seeing that picture.  I was just wondering if the Bontragers visited the Maxwell's in KS too.

3 minutes ago, fundiefollower said:

I remember seeing that picture.  I was just wondering if the Bontragers visited the Maxwell's in KS too.

Yeah here's one pic and John is sitting with his siblings. He isn't sitting with Chelsy in the other campfire picture either. 

IMG_4893.PNG

I thought the Bontrager family met the Maxwell family before that. Maybe only the parents met? Or maybe only a few of the siblings met? How do they both attend ATI type stuff and have so many mutual friends but only met last year? 

1 hour ago, Granwych said:

I hope to heaven that Steve will have to sit down and STFU for most of the festivities.

I'm sure he will give at least a 10-minute sermon, because All the Men Talking About Themselves is a feature of all fundie weddings. 

But the wedding will almost certainly be at the Bontrager's usual church (where Mitchell's wedding was) with their family's regular pastor officiating. So he might be obliged to at least stick to some kind of timeline.

The church is beautiful, by the way. I love the pressed ceilings:

IMG_0100.thumb.JPG.f377e396c9e6d728189521f0adb6e161.JPG

I guess the Maxwell family could have been there for the proposal if they stayed a week at the Bontragers from Aug 28-Sept 2 (triple wedding weekend). 

58 minutes ago, keepercjr said:

On their Knot page they have a timeline of their relationship

Hide contents

IMG_2036.thumb.PNG.e427ffdea2765298e84a939f0cf67f82.PNG

Ha - so they were actually engaged 6 weeks ago. I could claim that they took this long to placate Steve... but actually I think it's more likely they didn't want to detract from the other weddings.

And holy long courtship. I bet John was being pressured by Steve to propose earlier.  Good on him for holding out. So know we have confirmation as to the reasons for all his absenses from family events.

1 hour ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Oh Steve.

Don't you know that controlling someone else's family is how you got Joseph's first wedding cancelled?

And can't you see that it's kind of ironic that Chelsy was made to remove a post where she claims she and John get to act independently?

12 minutes ago, keepercjr said:

On their Knot page they have a timeline of their relationship

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_2036.thumb.PNG.e427ffdea2765298e84a939f0cf67f82.PNG

Quoting myself... if they got engaged on Monday the 28th then he left for Iowa right after Colorado as Saturday was their final day there and they drove back home Sunday.  It looks like John drove on his own to Colorado as he doesn't seem to have been there in the first day but he is pictured on their last night

I love that she said "began relationship" instead of began courtship. I bet that bugs Steve. Relationship sounds so worldly. 

J&C's "The Knot's" description of the Bontragers' Dutch Country Inn hotel says that "Cable television is provided for your entertainment." 

Brace yourselves, everyone, for the loud :boom:coming from the direction of Leavenworth,  KS - Stevehovah's head is exploding in 3...2...1...

1 minute ago, Marian the Librarian said:

J&C's "The Knot's" description of the Bontragers' Dutch Country Inn hotel says that "Cable television is provided for your entertainment." 

Brace yourselves, everyone, for the loud :boom:coming from the direction of Leavenworth,  KS - Stevehovah's head is exploding in 3...2...1...

I wouldn't be surprised if that's where they stayed when they were there for the triple wedding weekend. I can see them preferring it to a place like Holiday Inn. Where there might be a bar attached *gasp*

Interesting timeline.  Stud John took a long time compared to Smug Joe in popping the question.  Thank God he didn't propose on the day of his grandma's funeral.

Her brothers all started their relationships last fall just like Chelsy. But they got married months before her. Maybe John wanted to make sure he didn't make the same mistake as Joe. I guess it's also possible John was having a hard time finding a house in his price range within a mile of a Maxhell. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived