IGNORED

John Shrader 14: Preparing Toilet Paper for Zambia

Coconut Flan

So he came clean about dancing off to Singapore.   God and Esther thought John needed a vacation.

Spoiler

God is so good.

He, along with my sweet wife, knew how much my weary soul needed this time of encouragement.

To be with men, that love God...

that love God's Word...

and that love me...

I'm overwhelmed.

I'm sure he's right that no men in Zambia love him.  I think he's tired of Africa so God may indeed need him to move to convert Asia.

Poor Nepal.  Shrader is the last thing they need.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dwreck will not be chuffed if a gateway to Nepal opens for John. Well a tunnel past immigration and Visa requirements. John doesn't do "lawful". I'm not sure what DWreck actually did in Nepal, but he looked healthy and happy there. 

Dwreck won't be chuffed if John tunnels his way past Visa and immigration officials to set up shop in Nepal. Dwreck looked happy and healthy in Nepal, not sure what he actually did? Now he is stuck with Jill under the beady eyes and ears of Papa Duggar. Probably not what he imagined life was going to be when he first offered himself up as Prayer partner to JB.

Wow, John has more opportunities to be an International Man of Misery.  Time to stock up on popcorn for his next adventure.

:popcorn2:

Ok folks, if we were going to guess, where do we think John's ideal place to move his griftathon would be?  Somewhere where he can play White Saviour, for sure, with an element of exploration-feels, but close to a big city, hmmm...

I guess John would argue that because Esther got to go back to the USA to spend time with her family, it's his turn now - handily ignoring that she's always responsible for pretty much all the children!

Wanna bet John comes back to Zambia with a suitcase full of "native dress" from the Asian countries he's visiting to ostentatiously cosplay in when he's back home?

9 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Dwreck will not be chuffed if a gateway to Nepal opens for John. Well a tunnel past immigration and Visa requirements. John doesn't do "lawful". I'm not sure what DWreck actually did in Nepal, but he looked healthy and happy there. 

Probably not Nepal they seem to have less tolerance for useless missionaries who don't follow the laws. I don't know if they have ever been discussed here but these crazy fundie want to be missionaries spent years "planning to go to Nepal" and got kicked out after a couple weeks for breaking the law against proselytizing. 

http://www.tosowaseed.net/2014/12/10/how-the-wheels-fell-off/#more-1782

Singapore is a very expensive first world country. My sister lives there and it’s like she lives in a resort. I am jealous. But they pay $50,000 a year in rent for a 4 bedroom apartment. So. Good luck gritting that John. 

I don’t know how John would go there...seems bizzare. 

3 hours ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

Singapore is a very expensive first world country. My sister lives there and it’s like she lives in a resort. I am jealous. But they pay $50,000 a year in rent for a 4 bedroom apartment. So. Good luck gritting that John. 

I don’t know how John would go there...seems bizzare. 

Any port in a storm for our Johnny. His time in Zambia seems to be coming to an end. He will be hoping that the family in Singapore have connections allowing him to move there with relative ease, set up camp and begin again. He doesn't want to return to Tri-cross church any more than Daddy wants him there. This is a recon mission trip. 

:pizza:

8 hours ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

That's why you go to Malaysia. A 4 bedroom 3,500 sq ft condo in a resort-type complex (Olympic pools, gym, tennis and squash courts, 24 hour security, etc) in KL will run you about 24,000 a year. The trade off is that things aren't always going to work 100% according to plan like they do in Singapore but if you need a break you're only a 3 hour drive from Sing. 

But Malaysia also has a pretty strict anti-proselytization law and Muslims are not legally allowed to convert to anything else anyway so that'd be a no go for John. 

I am not looking forward to hearing John attempt Singlish/speaking English in a Singaporean accent. He'll make Mickey Rooney in Breakfast At Tiffany's look like a sensitive, accurate portrayal of East Asians.

8 hours ago, Granwych said:

Front and center with a manly wide stance, that's John!   That safari hunter getup, though.

They both made a manly effort to not squish each others penis. :my_rolleyes:

@Jess That blog!   Bolding mine:

So what happened? In short, a new push to register Christian churches and pastors in our area seemed to fall into the hands of someone who knew that the laws still prevented proselytizing. And while our work was primarily with those already professing faith, we were scooped up in the dragnet of the cause, and told that our visas would not be renewed. And should we push the issue, we would be disallowed from ever entering Nepal again.

So they knew they were in a country that forbids proselytizing, and did it anyway, and then complained they didn't get their visa renewed?  Cry me a river!

I don't quite understand about how Babita is their daughter who they had to leave behind - they sponsored her, and then decided she was a daughter, but didn't/couldn't adopt her...  I don't get it!  This blog is all about how they consider her their daughter, and told her she was part of their family, but they still wanted decided to break the laws so they couldn't stay with her?  That's just cruel!

Then this recent blog  about their kids is a little bit pointed, no? I'm so sorry for whichever kid it's aimed at.    Plus why on earth did they take a dog to Nepal that they couldn't afford to bring back to the USA?  Fundies, I will never understand them!

@Lurky They allegedly adopted Babita years ago long before going to Nepal. Like over 10 years ago when she was still a child. They have refused to tell anyone why but the U.S would not give her a visa to enter the country. I have never heard of this happening to anyone and they wouldn't even say it was on the U.S side of things until like a year or two ago. They have tried several times to get her to the U.S. since then. I don't know about the initial denial but some of the others that they have talked about seemed like potential visa fraud borderline shady. Like one example they tried to get her a student visa for high school to attend a private christen high school and she would live with them. I assume these are denied because she is high risk for overstaying. I will give them credit because it seems like they paid for her to live with a foster family and I think paid for her to attend some kind of college teaching program in Nepal. 

@Jess In this one, they say they couldn't adopt her because reasons?  First Nepal put a moratorium on international adoptions, then she was too old?

Having a quick look, I can absolutely understand why Nepal instituted their moratorium - these stories are heart-breaking

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-15066220

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/101east/2011/09/2011920125119853524.html

Hmm sorry I would have sworn at one point they said she was adopted but I must be wrong. I have been reading in real time for years and years though so my memory is probably fuzzy on details after all this time. 

Yay! Now people living in poverty can pay for two adults and eleven children to live in one of the highest cost-of-living areas in the world! Get out those pocketbooks!

I can't see Daddy Shrader coming up with the funds to support Little Johnny and his brood in the manner he is accustomed. He can't/won't live without his necessities, aka luxuries. I imagine his presses will not survive the shipping so he will need newer and fancier ones. Me thinks John should reconsider his new/next destination. Of course Esther should have no say since she is only a lowly female.

In what would do missionaries have at least $3k USD lying around to splurge on three plane tickets and piss off to Singapore?

I doubt Singapore would take them. Last time I checked(which admittedly was some time ago),most SE Asian countries weren't open to allowing visas to unskilled missionaries.   Of course, there's a dozen ways around it but John has no money,fewer skills and a persecution complex the size of a bus so I think he's the more sort to go in all guns blazing only to be suprised when the authories tell him he's not welcome.

If John gets into Singapore, how will it take before he does something illegal and get threatened with caning?

3 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

If John gets into Singapore, how will it take before he does something illegal and get threatened with caning?

That's still a thing?

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived