IGNORED

Jinder's Dresses: A Very Subjective Rundown/Review of all Duggar Wedding Gowns

Jinder Roles

Just finished this thread! I absolutely love wedding dresses and cannot wait to see what Lauren picks.

Jess and Jinger tie for first for me. I loved both of their dresses so much and as I am typing this I am realizing the dress I bought for my own wedding in 8 months is a blend between their dresses (was this subconscious, are the duggars influencing me  *slowly closes out of free jinger and keeping up with fundies blog*). My veil is cathedral length and I have a long train as well!

spoiler for my dress, the designer is Essense of Australia

Spoiler

D2186.1464816601.1-530x845.jpg.407495ba1007d049e8f901fd92b3f979.jpg

D2186.1464816600.0-530x845.jpg.5abd2aef2d153c3554a77ce86e20f4af.jpg

secondly, Kendra, its super on trend here in the south and fits her perfectly

Third place is Joy, it was a pretty dress and Joy is glowing in it. She should have went through with the headband!

Fourth place goes to Jilly, the lace was pretty and she looked pretty in it.

Fifth goes to Anna! She looks crisp and clean in the dress

Sixth place: Amy. As a fellow busty girl, no just no.

@neurogirl When I tried on this dress for the second time, I don't know how to explain it but I had this overwhelming emotional reaction. It wasn't tears but I felt like I was glowing in the mirror. Then when my sister started crying, I cried too. It was an amazing moment! Don't settle until you know its your dress. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 9

I also love wedding gowns, and I really have no idea why.  I am otherwise not a "gowny" or weddingy, fancy type person.

@BunnyBee  Congrats on your wedding.  That dress is flat out GORGEOUS!  I love the illusion sleeves and the appliques on the fabric are really stunning.  I would never want to take it off.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I also love wedding gowns, and I really have no idea why.  I am otherwise not a "gowny" or weddingy, fancy type person.

@BunnyBee  Congrats on your wedding.  That dress is flat out GORGEOUS!  I love the illusion sleeves and the appliques on the fabric are really stunning.  I would never want to take it off.

I am definitely a wedding-y person and I have embarassingly had my wedding pinterest board since I was 18 

I am glad that Satan approves of my wedding dress :lol: It is so flattering on and I love the blush color. The sleeves are also perfect for my December wedding.

Also TLC if youre reading here, I would much rather see Lauren take a trip to Alta Moda in Salt Lake City, UT for a trendy modern but modest dress than another trip to MZZZZ. RENEEEEEE 

• Upvote 2

Me too. I’ll look at wedding dresses for hours. Even two years after my own wedding, I still love looking at dresses. I love seeing what each person picks and why they love it.

i wore champagne in an Allure gown. I just preferred the way the more pink white looked on me. I wanted something fun and ended up with ruffles and a lace top. I thought I wanted straps or sleeves but they ended up just not fitting me right. I did add small straps during my reception though because I love to dance 

F56B8CDC-52C8-4B0D-A137-FD1CAE6CB095.jpeg

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Briefly said:

I have to admit that I absolutely love wedding gowns.

I do too! I wish I could get married every time I see one I like. lol

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

@GreatScott I love the color and the detailing right at the waistline! 

Yeah, I am a triple D and needed something with straps or sleeves. I would be so self conscious, and constantly pulling up my dress. In my wedding dress there is a little mesh/tulle panel over the cleavage so hopefully I wont be showing too much :lol: 

@BunnyBee I somehow missed the spoiler of your dress! I love the sleeves! What a beautiful transition on the front to the back. Just gorgeous! 

I thought I wanted sleeves or straps. I tend to be a bit more modest and wasn’t really Comfortable in strapless. But I didn’t like the options in my price range for dresses with sleeves. I ended up wearing a very large statement pearl necklace to add a bit more coverage and it was perfect. 

I could talk abot weddingn dresses non stop. I really do love weddings. 

• Upvote 1

Maybe you ladies can help me! I must've expressed my concern over my wedding dress before @BunnyBee. Well it's getting to crunch time and your post was actually one clue in a number in recent days that convinced me to go to another salon. Well. Now I'm confused. I've tried on 55 dresses during this process, and disliked most of them. The dress is purchased is below- it's beautiful and shows off my figure which I swore up and down is what I wanted. 

Spoiler

IMG_3434.jpg.efe4c7b5417d5890bf8f5901d173382e.jpg

It's very sparkly in person, and my mom loves it, and it's what I said I wanted. But I have been anxious about this dress ever since. I rarely wear tight-fitting things and I wanted to have that beautiful butterfly moment, but for what ever reason I've been having consternation, and my friends also seem surprised with that choice/have lackluster reactions. When I'm in it I feel better than when looking at pictures too- then I really like/love it. 

But today I tried on dresses that were more me, more like my prom dresses which I said I didn't want. And this is the only dress in 55 that made me cry. (and wedding is in July but the sample fits me/someone is also selling the same dress same size for 50% off on a pre-owned dress website so timing is not really an issue)

Spoiler

IMG_3436.jpg.3b777d4ff3ee63a8e4f300af751f94f1.jpg

Now I don't know what to do! My parents are going to be so frustrated with me if I get another dress, and I did want to show off my figure for a reason, but shouldn't I feel more confident in my choice? My friend got engaged and she was showing me pictures of princess dresses and I felt a pang in my heart even though I tried on ballgowns before and didn't want anything to do with them. I should've looked more and thought about it longer because apparently I didn't know what I want, and I'm still conflicted. 

Any advice, my FJ wedding dress enthusiasts? 

(And yes, I realize that I am stupidly lucky to have this choice and I already feel like such a brat)

Edited by neurogirl
  • Upvote 13
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

Maybe you ladies can help me! I must've expressed my concern over my wedding dress before @BunnyBee. Well it's getting to crunch time and your post was actually one clue in a number in recent days that convinced me to go to another salon. Well. Now I'm confused. I've tried on 55 dresses during this process, and disliked most of them. The dress is purchased is below- it's beautiful and shows off my figure which I swore up and down is what I wanted. 

Hide contents

It's very sparkly in person, and my mom loves it, and it's what I said I wanted. But I have been anxious about this dress ever since. I rarely wear tight-fitting things and I wanted to have that beautiful butterfly moment, but for what ever reason I've been having consternation, and my friends also seem surprised with that choice/have lackluster reactions. When I'm in it I feel better than when looking at pictures too- then I really like/love it. 

But today I tried on dresses that were more me, more like my prom dresses which I said I didn't want. And this is the only dress in 55 that made me cry. (and wedding is in July but the sample fits me/someone is also selling the same dress same size for 50% off on a pre-owned dress website so timing is not really an issue)

Hide contents

Now I don't know what to do! My parents are going to be so frustrated with me if I get another dress, and I did want to show off my figure for a reason, but shouldn't I feel more confident in my choice? My friend got engaged and she was showing me pictures of princess dresses and I felt a pang in my heart even though I tried on ballgowns before and didn't want anything to do with them. I should've looked more and thought about it longer because apparently I didn't know what I want, and I'm still conflicted. 

get the dress that made you cry. If not I fear you'll regret it. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

I second what ivy covered tower said. Get the dress that made you cry. I married in December to a great guy.  I loved my dress but was not all that happy with alterations.  However the 2nd seamstress taking corrective action reminded me people will look at you.  Ultimately people will look at you the beautiful bride. Good luck. I love that 2nd dress. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

37 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

(And yes, I realize that I am stupidly lucky to have this choice and I already feel like such a brat)

I think the dress you've already purchased is much more flattering on you.  The more princess-style dress really does nothing for your (stunning) figure and the beading at the waist seems like it's an inch too low, which makes you look shorter.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

@neurogirl both dresses are really lovely. But this is YOUR day. Forget about what other people think and choose the dress that YOU want. You are allowed to change your mind and you are not a brat at all. If you’re feeling anxious about the first dress and the second dresss makes you feel a pang in your heart to think of not wearing it, I think it’s pretty clear. Sell the first one, buy the second and don’t tell your parents. Surprise them as you walk down the aisle :)

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Get the one that you love - if you feel amazing in it then go for it!

It doesn't matter if it's not what you originally said you wanted; who will remember that?! People will remember how happy and excited you are on the day, not that months ago you specified a certain shape of gown. It's okay to change your mind.

Love @adidas surprise idea too.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, neurogirl said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

Try to put yourself in your own shoes six months after your wedding, a year, five years, ten years after. What do you think you'd regret more, not going with your first instinct and wearing the figure flattering dress, or not going with the dress that made you cry? Will you regret more than you didn't wear the traditional princessy type wedding gown, or that you didn't show off your figure like you originally wanted?

Maybe you cried because you were wearing a dress that society tells us is a traditional wedding dress, and it brought it home for you that you're getting married?

From my perspective, I would either stick with your original dress (which, imho, is absolutely stunning and I have to admit that I do like it much better than the second one), or try on a bunch more in different styles before you decide. Sometimes I look at things that other people have/do and feel a pang because the fantasy of it is appealing, but in reality it's not actually what I want for myself. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

As far as Lauren's wedding dress, I don't know much about her or her style, but for some reason I could really see her in a dress like these three:

Spoiler

laurendress.thumb.png.bddf18e616bdb26f0f4051c280f73666.png

That said, realistically I'm sure she'll get whatever Mz. Cindy has in stock to mix and match and whatever the Duggars tell her is best.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Both look beautiful on you! I think the lace like sparkle on your dress is gorgeous. But I can see why you’d feel good in the other one too! I’d second just doing what you want. 

Pick the dress that fits the vision of the wedding. IMO, your dress is classy, fun, a little sassy, and you look like a modern bride. The other dress is classic, simple and more refined, more a classic bride look.  They give very different images of a wedding. 

Id also (because I love lists) make pro/con lists about your thoughts. Don’t think about other people’s reacrions of them, just yours. 

But having said that, there’s a saying that If you fall in love with a second option. you may have not been fully in love with the first option. Either way you’re going to be radiant on your wedding day

• Upvote 2

Flip a coin to decide between the dresses. 

Then go with the one you hope it is while the coin is in the air! This is an easy way to see what your gut really wants. M

If that doesn't work, I'd go with the one that made you cry. 

Both dresses are beautiful, though. If you go with the first one, I'd add a necklace as an accent. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

@neurogirl I think you just need to do what you think is best. Forget your parents or friends or anyone else - which dress is the one that you felt best in and most comfortable wearing? Which dress fits with the general tone you’re aiming for at your wedding? If you love dancing, then which one is easier to dance in? Give it a bit of thought, try them both again if needed, and make a decision you feel best about. I also recommend that you do not look at or try on other dresses after this. Your wedding is in July if I remember right, so you do have some time right now. I was on a wedding forum a few years back though and a running theme was brides looking at dresses after they bought one and unexpectedly getting second thoughts because of it. So, make your choice soon and then stop looking at dresses until after your wedding. 

I wish I had better advice, but my shopping was pretty fast and I didn’t get second thoughts - I tried on five wedding dresses in 30 minutes, picked the second one because it had straps and was more simple than the rest, and then spent the rest of the appointment talking Game of Thrones with my mom and the consultant. To me, the dress was just something to wear and wasn’t something I had thought about a lot other than the basics (ivory, straps or sleeves, simple, A-line.) I can understand why it can be a much harder choice for people more into fashion or who really look forward to picking it out though. I hope you end up happy with whatever dress you choose - and I know you’re going to look fabulous regardless of what you wear. :) 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

On the original post, I cannot see all the dresses that I see people talking about. Were some images removed or is it just me?

6 minutes ago, Jezzable said:

On the original post, I cannot see all the dresses that I see people talking about. Were some images removed or is it just me?

it's split into two parts. the rest of the dresses. Joy, Jill anna and Michelle's are on page two of the thread. 

• Thank You 1

22 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

it's split into two parts. the rest of the dresses. Joy, Jill anna and Michelle's are on page two of the thread. 

Thank you!  

4 hours ago, neurogirl said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

Let me start with saying: you look gorgeous in both dresses. Whichever you pick it will look very beautiful!

I actually think they are quite similar in terms of showing of your figures. Yes the first on hugs your but a bit more but both have the same neckline and go in at the waist. So in my eyes there isn’t much difference from a revealing point of view.

It sometimes is hard when people are not responding as you had hoped. Especially when you need them to cheer you on a little bit.

Big questions: (1) Were it the reaction of others who made you wary and try on another dress? (2) Do you feel more comfortable because you are not taking the risk you surprisingly wanted to?

I like the approach of @Gillyweed. I would just add, if you don’t hope for one while the coin is in the air watch out if you are disappointed with the result. That would be a good hint too. Your vision is what matters. It is your wedding and you should do what makes you happy and let you experience a relaxed and utterly happy day. There will always be people who won’t like your dress or think something else would have been more flattering. Well, they should shut up. It is not as your choices are not flattering or ill-fitting. 

And when your decision is made: STOP looking. There are many gorgeous dresses out there and many would look great on you. You simply can’t wear them all. Don’t browse Pinterest for more dresses, delete the photos from the one you didn’t pick. Concentrate on your dress.

As I said- whatever you choose, you will look stunning and I wish you the happiest wedding and all the best for your future together.

Now, tell me: hair up or down, veil long, midi or short or non at all, shoes, flowers?, jewellery? I am a sucker for weddings (and would love to marry my husband again and again to have all the weddings/dresses/Dekoration I also liked).

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

@neurogirl-Both dresses are beautiful. I prefer the second dress as the first has a very heavy look- I like the airy, light look of the second dress. No matter your decision, both are beautiful choices, and you will make a lovely and stunning bride.

• Upvote 3

If the second dress gave you an emotional reaction then trust your instincts! We cry because our brain cant handle the amount of emotion we are feeling in that moment. Trust that overwhelming feeling <3

Also I think the second dress looks lighter on you as well and the lace appliques on the skirt are beautiful.

You can always wear a white, more figuring hugging dress, for your rehearsal dinner! 

Edited by BunnyBee
riffles
  • Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic