IGNORED

Jinder's Dresses: A Very Subjective Rundown/Review of all Duggar Wedding Gowns

Jinder Roles

2 hours ago, freethemall said:

Question: is there a Bates version of this thread? Especially now that Tori got married and in my opinion knocks all these dresses out of the park.

Also imagine how cute Whitney would have looked in Jessa's dress, I never liked hers with the bolero. And maybe Michael in Jinger's, her's was awful.

Yes there is.

http://www.freejinger.org/forum/481-quiver-full-of-bateseseseses/ 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

35 minutes ago, freethemall said:

That links to the forum, I don't see a specific thread comparing wedding dresses.

I'd be happy to start it! 

• Upvote 8

Well, since there's no Bates dress ranking, I'll do my own.

1. Alyssa - Although it would've looked better strapless, it didn't look butchered to be modest.

2. Tori - would've been number one if it was more form fitting like it was intended

3. Erin/Michaela - Both of those were pretty horrible

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/9/2017 at 10:19 AM, VGL said:

My cousin was married in 1984.  Her dress was quite simple for the time with satiny fabric, some lace appliques and long sheer sleeves with a bit of puff at the top.   Her daughter is getting married in February and for her shower last month she had her mother's dress altered down to a top and skirt.  The seamstress removed the sleeves, rearranged the appliques on the bodice, cut off the train and made a hi-low skirt.  She looked amazing.

My parents got married in '83 and my mom's dress was pretty similar to what you're describing. My aunt who is very into historical fashion described it as an 'almost perfect replica of an Edwardian Tea Dress".  That same aunt has since borrowed my mom's wedding dress and wears it with a brown leather corset to steampunk conventions.  It looked a lot like this, but with long sheer sleeves.  Mom wore hers with a dainty flower crown, and I often look at pictures and think with a more dramatic flower crown she'd fit right in a current bridal magazine. 

edwardian tea dress.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

Wow guys, this thread is almost as dry as Austin's personality. So, in (not really) anticipation of Josiah and Lauren's jumping the gun ritual wedding ceremony, here are some modest dresses I like.

Lauren, if you're reading this, pretty please consider these instead of Ms. Renee's overbearing shrill voice. (to be clear, I like some of Ms. Renee's dresses, it's just very hit or miss...see the difference between Jinger and Joy's dresses for reference) 

Here we go:

Maggie Sottero: Daisha (Emerald Collection)

Spoiler

Maggie-Sottero-Wedding-Dress-Daisha-8MS5

Maggie Sottero: Dylan Marie (Emerald Collection)

Spoiler

Maggie-Sottero-Wedding-Dress-Dylan-Marie

Maggie Sottero: Reynold (Avery Collection)...ideally with a little more lace coverage up top for optimal modesty. 

Spoiler

Maggie-Sottero-Wedding-Dress-Reynold-7MC

Sottero & Midgley: Allen (Grayson Collection) 

Spoiler

Sottero-and-Midgley-Wedding-Dress-Allen-

Romona Keveza: (Spring 2018) 

Spoiler

Romona-Keveza-Bridal-Spring-2018-11.jpg

Justin Alexander: Style #9881...this dress would need an appliqué illusion long sleeve bolero but the construction is gorgeous! 

Spoiler

c70c35fc3cc68ce8493b2c8c0d055c01.jpg

Pronovias: Dreide (2018 Collection) 

Spoiler

d8a58a85c3da913ba1488353c0fc1ee8.jpg

Alta Moda Bridal Dress

Spoiler

9f32c7d2c4e748338e50d64d072a9028.jpg

Abigail of Gardenia: Camellias (Modern Renaissance Collection) 

Spoiler

FBeatty-AbigailGardenia-64_1200x.jpg?v=1

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

Those are some beautiful dresses, but I think Lauren is too short to wear the first one (which is my favorite) or any of the column-style ones. I can see her in the Sottero & Midgley: Allen (Grayson Collection), though.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

That's what I liked about JInger's wedding day.She put her hair up,I thought it was very becoming.I loved her dress,even with the long train.Her dress was my favorite.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I love the second one and it has pockets! I love pockets hidden in a puffy skirt like that, it's so practical and I think it's cool. My friend had pockets in her wedding dress and she loved it. She did keep her phone on her through the entire thing and we the bridesmaids made fun of her for checking fb seconds before going down the isle.

Anyway, for Lauren I also like the Sottero & Midgley: Allen (Grayson Collection). It's different and I think it would suit her. I like the top and the length of the sleeves.

• Upvote 2

On 9/16/2017 at 10:58 AM, Pinkdrink said:

1. I love Amys dress, I'm not a big sparkles or lace fan so that kind of dress is what I love (even if she defrauded everyone). I had something very similar for my wedding with an Audrey Hepburn type neckline

2. I think Jessas dress was lovely on her, it's not what I would wear but it really suited her

3. Kendras dress was a real surprise but it seems to suit her bubbly personality

4. Joys dress was just meh

5. Jills dress might've been ok if she'd had a proper fitting in it, it looked like she got a lend of it from someone with a completely different body shape

6. Poor Anna! It looks like a child's communion dress i.m.o

You forgot Jinger in your list.

Alright so confession time, I loved Jessa dress and my only requirement when we eloped was that I get a dress I loved. It kinda looks like a non fundy version of jessas in my opinion and I have no shame! (I colored out my face for privacy).

IMG_4102.JPG

IMG_4103.JPG

• Upvote 17
  • Love 14

3 hours ago, CaricatureQualities said:

I love the second one and it has pockets! I love pockets hidden in a puffy skirt like that, it's so practical and I think it's cool. My friend had pockets in her wedding dress and she loved it. She did keep her phone on her through the entire thing and we the bridesmaids made fun of her for checking fb seconds before going down the isle.

Made me laugh, thinking about Dr. Who and Donna Noble in the Christmas special. She mentioned several times that her wedding dress did not have pockets. I will now go back to my nerd cave.

• Haha 3
  • Love 2

If I get married, I don't want an actual wedding. I'd be more than happy eloping in central park wearing my prom dress. I don't think I could ever find something reasonably priced that is as pretty as my prom dress. 

(When I was getting it tailored, a little girl came in with her mom and was like "wowww you look like elsa!" It was the best compliment I ever received :) )

• Upvote 10
  • Love 6

• 2 weeks later...

A little late to the party. I agree with previous posters that said they envisioned Jinger in something more modern. I do think the dress kind of wore Jinger rather than Jinger wearing the dress. A little shamefaced Jill's unaltered dress and veil is actually hands down my favorite look. I like it better than Jingers. However, Jinger absolutely nailed her look. Jill with her messy hair and bad alterations did not.

• Upvote 2

Spoiler

688edef27d20c6d387d970dcab33395a_M.jpg

^ my Lauren pick. it seems to me like she favors smooth, simple skirts/dresses (i think the easter photo Si posted was the first we've seen of her in a big print pattern like that....). but even the silhouette of that floral easter dress, or even looking back that picture of her and her family from Jinger's wedding, are kind of similar. 

Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • Upvote 6

D8E4C6A9-3EA1-4056-BEE3-E20987F29E45.thumb.jpeg.203772e5a7e9ffaa0815e3d0471b8f2a.jpeg

id love for her to wear this Alure dress. I think the different lace would stand out and the cap sleeves for a May wedding. And I think the subtle mermaid is beautiful. And with such an intricate back, I’d hope she’d wear her hair up to show it off. She can even line it if it’s too much, it’d still be beautiful   Front behind the spoiler? I think lol. 

Spoiler

ECD4ABDA-C043-44E4-B217-286253D15457.thumb.jpeg.055fd656bb7a1532e5457f582a2fd6b3.jpeg

Edited by GreatScott
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 2

22 minutes ago, GreatScott said:

D8E4C6A9-3EA1-4056-BEE3-E20987F29E45.thumb.jpeg.203772e5a7e9ffaa0815e3d0471b8f2a.jpeg

id love for her to wear this Alure dress. I think the different lace would stand out and the cap sleeves for a May wedding. And I think the subtle mermaid is beautiful. And with such an intricate back, I’d hope she’d wear her hair up to show it off. She can even line it if it’s too much, it’d still be beautiful   Front behind the spoiler? I think lol. 

Hide contents

ECD4ABDA-C043-44E4-B217-286253D15457.thumb.jpeg.055fd656bb7a1532e5457f582a2fd6b3.jpeg

I'm in love with that dress!! :tw_love:  It's a perfect balance between simple and intricate.

I don't think Lauren is tall enough to wear that. :(

It's a beautiful dress, though!

• I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic