IGNORED

Lawson Bates 2

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, JillyO said:

What the fuck. Whose kitten is this? Please tell me Zach and Whitney didn't just add a kitten to their two toddlers and new puppy. Also, that kitten is waaaay to young to be away from its mother and litter mates. Stop getting pets, assholes!

(Yes, I get that there's a remote chance that the mother and litter mates died, or whatever, but I don't give these people the benefit of the doubt. They're assholes.)

If they have the money and the room, I don't see it so out of the ordinary. Kittens are easy to care for. The young ones will all grow up together.

Chatty irrelevancies: I don't even like having pets, but my family does. This summer I found a five week-old abandoned kitten on my hands, took her to the vet, researched the best food and litter for her, and got on with it. She's five months old now, and the middle-aged dog and young adult sons like having her around. The first year's vet care is divided into monthly payments and includes all the shots, checkups and spaying. It's all much less expensive here in Cincinnati, too, than vet care was in New Jersey.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, backyard sylph said:

If they have the money and the room, I don't see it so out of the ordinary. Kittens are easy to care for. The young ones will all grow up together.

That’s a pretty common country/farm thing, for sure. We always had kittens around that we were bottle or dropper feeding. Sometimes the mama will just... decide she has too many kittens to care for and cull the ones that she feels aren’t likely to survive. :( Sad, but it happens. One of the cowdogs appointed herself assistant mama to the orphans and would hang around while we were feeding and caring for them, so it is possible with a little effort on the part of the adults in the family to have a safe environment for the little guys to grow up in. :D 

5 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

The first year's vet care is divided into monthly payments and includes all the shots, checkups and spaying. It's all much less expensive here in Cincinnati, too, than vet care was in New Jersey.

Vets in NJ are outrageous. You could go broke owning a pet. Glad we have monthly billing as well. it's the only thing that helps 

2 hours ago, Flossie said:

I just assumed that they were visiting someone with some young kittens and Lawson was showing the little girl a kitten.

I like this theory better. Let's go with this :)

Lawson's insta story shows him out on a walk with a dog and petting a cat (not the kitten from before, an adult cat). Do we know if he owns them? Is it possible the cat is the mother of those kittens?

Lawson has a gig in December to benefit a pregnancy resource center. It is not a surprise because of their beliefs and they are free to be associated with any organization they choose. The issue is that they would oppose any other ways of helping single mothers like expanding benefits like Medicaid, food stamps, and WIC. They continue to support candidates that want to reduce these programs. PRCs can be helpful because they have items that cannot be acquired through these programs such as clothes, diapers, and baby wipes.

On 10/25/2017 at 9:39 PM, ColeJo said:

Lawson has a gig in December to benefit a pregnancy resource center. It is not a surprise because of their beliefs and they are free to be associated with any organization they choose. The issue is that they would oppose any other ways of helping single mothers like expanding benefits like Medicaid, food stamps, and WIC. They continue to support candidates that want to reduce these programs. PRCs can be helpful because they have items that cannot be acquired through these programs such as clothes, diapers, and baby wipes.

The website for the PRC is blocked on my work computer, so I can't see what kind of a PRC it is. Is it the helpful kind, or the kind that only wants to "help" you decide to not have an abortion?

If I'm on the right one, it has one tab dedicated to all the horrendous 'things' that can go on with getting an abortion and how so many women end up depressed as a result. Le eye roll

• 2 weeks later...

@EmiGirl -- the look he's giving the camera is too funny. It's like he's trying to be "hot". Yeah, not so much. And, he'd have to pay me to attend, not the other way around.

Oh Lawson, the fundie pinup boy creating desires that cannot be righteously fulfilled. All the fundie maidens dreaming of marrying him in a televised wedding, onstage in a mega church and riding off into the heavily photoshopped sunset to submit to his authority and bear his eleventy blurry Taryn Yager style blessings.......

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

"Hit show" is used pretty loosely, huh? 

It is UpTV's only original content. However, they have added other new shows since then. I agree it is a bit of a stretch to say it is a hit reality TV show. If you added "on UpTV", it would be legit.

Okay, gang, I asked my amazon dot to play me Lawson Bates music the other day. (Obviously while my husband wasn’t at home because otherwise I’d never live that down.) It was much worse than I ever expected. Pass the Past is definitely the best song and that’s saying something. Every song has god in every other lyric and sounds like somebody imitating country music. Like if a child was told for their homework they had to write a country song. 

Also there’s a song about how to a lot of people country is parties and tailgates but to Lawson it’s about Amazing Grace and church. LOL. And a doozy of a song about his father and how his father taught him to always stick to your beliefs which sounds very similar to a song from Hamilton when he sings about how if you stand for nothing, you’ll fall for anything.

I’m no music critic but I think a big hurdle for Lawson is that his singing voice is very flat. Honestly I feel sort of bad because he really loves singing country but unless his TV show opens more doors for him I’m not certain his voice alone would do it. Not to be too BEC just my honest opinion. 

I tried finding Erin’s music but hers wasn’t on amazon music. Anyway, just thought I’d fill you in on the results of my findings. :my_biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else getting tired of Lawson's promos for Back to CHRISTmas cd?  That and the highlighted bible passages on his IG stories.  Drives me nuts how "look at me" it all is. 

• 2 weeks later...

Lily and Ellie posted Lawson's new video for Back to Christmas... 

All I see is the pimple on the side of his temple... I'm an awful human being.  

I could only bear a small amount of the video.  Ugh, his self promotion is really wearing on me.  I know that's what he's supposed to do for his album and I'm a bit BEC but if he was more talented I wouldn't mind so much.  That song is awful.  The words are inane and he is tone deaf. 

Lawson’s instagram stories has him on Christmas Eve at walmart and behind him are two Duggar boys (Jason and Justin I think).  No clue if Lawson is in Arkansas or the Duggar pair are in Tennessee.  

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

Lawson’s instagram stories has him on Christmas Eve at walmart and behind him are two Duggar boys (Jason and Justin I think).  No clue if Lawson is in Arkansas or the Duggar pair are in Tennessee.  

Josiah posted a video of some Duggars caroling and you can see a younger Bates boy in there. They're probably in AR. 

I wonder why he's in Arkansas with the Duggars. And is he by himself? I know there's one of the middle boys there (Jackson, Warden, or Isaiah), but I doubt all them went. I'm thinking it was Lawson and 2 or 3 of the boys mentioned above. His parents probably saw this as an opportunity to have the house less crowded and told him to take them.

I hate to sound like the tabloids, but if the families are having discussions about a Lawson/Jana courtship... :(:(  I wouldn't put it pass them tbh. They are the oldest unmarried, noncourting child in their respective family. I can just imagine JB, Michelle, Kelly and Gil talking about it while in the Bahamas. Jana is 28 next month and Lawson is 25. The parents are probably thinking they've reached the limit of it being acceptable of them being single.

I'll go hide in a hole now...

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived