IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 30 - On a Mission from GOD!

choralcrusader8613

So do you think only Josiah and Josie went to the Bontrager wedding with JB and Michelle? Maybe for Josiah's birthday and Josie went because she's the miracle baby? It's kind of weird that more of them wouldn't go. Or maybe they all didn't sit together. 

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

They serve ketchup that way at Five Guys. I prefer ketchup in a separate container. That way it doesn't get all over my fries and my fingers don't get all messy.

Except at Five Guys you can  have as much ketchup as you want.  I've been to places where you get one tiny cup.  Never enough for me. I also always ask for mayo because I love it on fries.  And I wonder why I'm having trouble dropping the weight.

ETA:  I also love malt vinegar 

10 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Maybe she still has it from the last time it was fashionable. Every style seems to come back around if you wait long enough!

Don't tell me this! Such information will not help me with my pack rat ways!

Fashion may come around, and so, unfortunately, has my body. Wouldn't have done me any good to save anything

1 hour ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Don't tell me this! Such information will not help me with my pack rat ways!

From one pack rat to another, good luck! Seriously though, most of the fashions that have come back around in my lifetime haven't seemed as appealing the second time around.

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Fashion may come around, and so, unfortunately, has my body. Wouldn't have done me any good to save anything.

That's the other thing. My body is never going to fit back in the size it wore in high school again. Even if I weighed the same, my shape is too different. 

On 8/31/2017 at 7:53 AM, onekidanddone said:

Who can pass up a Whataburger when hanging in Albuquerque? Along with a blue corn cheese enchilada Christmas style,  and a trip to Frontier, Whataburger is a must.

That enchilada sounds amazing. 

Regarding fashions coming back around:  I've always operated under the "if you wore it the first time it was in style, you're too old to wear it the second/third/fourth time it's in style" guideline. 

7 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

That enchilada sounds amazing. 

It is. Hatch (green) and red chilies are a perfect combo. Now I'm hungry and wanting to book a flight to ABQ

8 hours ago, SuffolkNWhat said:

My thought was vinegar for Siah as that's the usual accompaniment for fish and chips. 

Malt vinegar and mayo are a must when I eat fish and chips. 

3 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Malt vinegar and mayo are a must when I eat fish and chips. 

Definitely! Although I'm a Southerner (Sussex born and bred, strong in the arm and thick in the head lol) so don't indulge in mushy peas like they do further North. 

14 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Except at Five Guys you can  have as much ketchup as you want.  I've been to places where you get one tiny cup.  Never enough for me. I also always ask for mayo because I love it on fries.  And I wonder why I'm having trouble dropping the weight.

Mix ketchup and mayo together and dip your frie.  Heaven !

4 minutes ago, Greendoor said:

Mix ketchup and mayo together and dip your frie.  Heaven !

Oh yea!  I do that every time. So yummy

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 4:25 AM, Lurky said:

Here's my question about JB and M:

My sister and a load of my friends are all struggling with Boomer parents becoming crazed grandparents who seem to have thrown every idea about child-raising out of the window now they have grandkids

Send your sister and friends to babycenter.com, to the board DWIL (dealing with in-laws) and AITF (all in the family)  which cover this sort of behavior from both in-laws and your own family.   

12 minutes ago, sta_sha said:

@onekidanddone Try mixing a teaspoon or so of malt vinegar into your mayo. Absolute heaven on fries!

Now you have wanting to to to Five Guys...yummm

On 8/31/2017 at 7:22 AM, SnazzyNazzy said:

When I lived in Arizona for a hot minute, all I ate was Whataburger. Whataburger is what made that satan's armpit of a state, remotely tolerable.

Yup, It definitely makes living in AZ more tolerable!

My husband works nights, and in the mornings on his way home he often stops to pick up deep fried lemon pies and patty melts from Whataburger. It is the breakfast of champions. :pb_biggrin:

He loves me! Or is trying to kill me, but either way...mmm mmm good! 

My old work husband ate Whata every day for lunch and it was such a good gauge of his mood, most telling if he didn't have his striped cup in the afternoon he was going to be cranky and hungry. Chicken salad most days, patty melts meant he was stressed, chicken strip basket meant he needed to angrily dunk his frustrations out. He'd always put the large fries at the edge of our desks to share, with the little  25 cent gravy cup just for me as a peace offering for listening to his side of the mouth muttered rants and email proofing. 

Whataburger also used to do commercials featuring really large families as a reasonable place to eat out, I remember one featuring our friends (large Mormon family) was all over the place in high school and the kids had these passes for free Whataburger for a year.

5 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Send your sister and friends to babycenter.com, to the board DWIL (dealing with in-laws) and AITF (all in the family)  which cover this sort of behavior from both in-laws and your own family.   

Completely agree on DWIL!! I learned a ton from just reading the posts. It really helped me deal with my toxic, narcissistic grandfather. I've cut him out of our life and really have no regrets. And my parents have learned not to try to mediate because it's not going to get anywhere

On 9/2/2017 at 11:16 AM, SuffolkNWhat said:

Definitely! Although I'm a Southerner (Sussex born and bred, strong in the arm and thick in the head lol) so don't indulge in mushy peas like they do further North. 

Mushy peas are evil and I'm a Monkeyhanger...

No mushy peas, but lovely fish and chips with copious amounts of malt vinegar. First time Mr. Wolf went to England, he got addicted to my mum's pickled onions.

If you love mayo, you need to try some Aioli too. All my American friends at work say it's not common in America.

Also, wedges with sour cream and sweet chilli sauce. Again, the lovely American coworker's rave about this.

You're all going to hate me, but I put white vinegar on my fish and chips. Seems to be the standard here! Goes nicely on freshly cooked chicken too!

3 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

If you love mayo, you need to try some Aioli too. All my American friends at work say it's not common in America.

I think it depends where in America.  I love a good aioli and my favorite deli has it as do a couple of my fave restaurants but I will say it's not as common as mayo. It's not uncommon to see it on the menu when I go out to eat. 

On 2 September 2017 at 2:28 AM, onekidanddone said:

A chip ( fry) isn't worth eating without Mayo!!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived