IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 30 - On a Mission from GOD!

choralcrusader8613

4 hours ago, Dogalog said:

Gosh, Josiah looks super happy.

He looks like a thinner Josh in that picture.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/23/2017 at 9:21 AM, HereticHick said:

Please Rufus, Marjorie just started her 2nd year at University, and recently signed a contract to produce a 2nd book. Don't let her fall into the clutches of the Duggars again. Let her graduate and marry a nice Southern Baptist guy in a 4-5 years.

Wait--her books are published by a REAL publisher? She's not self published? :jawdrop:

CiCi's pizza buffet...all the pizza you can eat. I LOVE it! Granted, it's not the best pizza in the world (nothing is better than my homemade pizza) but I don't have to decide what I want. 

26 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Wait--her books are published by a REAL publisher? She's not self published? :jawdrop:

Her first one was self published. Her "Devoted" coloring book-journal is published by an imprint of Barbour, which is I think is one of the bigger Christian publishers in the US: http://www.barbourbooks.com/product/Marjorie-Jackson,14705.aspx?Tab=Books

39 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

CiCi's pizza buffet...all the pizza you can eat. I LOVE it! Granted, it's not the best pizza in the world (nothing is better than my homemade pizza) but I don't have to decide what I want. 

CiCi's is so gross. At least the one by where I live. And that pile of greese and goo on his plate made me want to hurl.  Seriously mom and dad couldn't even take him for his mud surprise what the hell ever that thing in the ice cream cup is.

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

CiCi's is so gross. At least the one by where I live. And that pile of greese and goo on his plate made me want to hurl.  Seriously mom and dad couldn't even take him for his mud surprise what the hell ever that thing in the ice cream cup is.

The one near us is nice. A lot of these chain restaurants' quality is uneven. I saw a lot of that when I worked for a certain pizza place. From one store to the other, the quality would be different, the cleanliness of the store would be different...

17 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Next month I'm going to be flying into the Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport and will have some time to kill before continuing to my final destination. Does anyone have suggestions for non-stalkery Duggar-themed sightseeing?

Play some broomball 

7 hours ago, Funwithfundies said:

Side note re: the woman behind him presumably taking a picture - that must get really old, especially for the more introverted kids.  Not that JB and M care how any of their children feel...

She actually looks like she is covering the camera with her finger and just watching her screen.  She was probably an accidental photobomb.  

Nothing like spending your 21st birthday at a $5.95(?) pizza buffet... 

I know that regardless of religion, some people aren't drinkers/party types, but it sucks that these kiddults don't really get to find that out on their own.

28 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

A pizza buffet is where you the day AFTER your 21st birthday. (Or greasy Chinese) :margarita::tw_beer:

5 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I wish Jill Rodrigues would take her kids to CiCi's... it would do them good!

6 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Josiah looks dead inside. Wow

#FreeJosish, to be honest

Nah, I think he looks happy enough with his mac n' cheese pizza (I would also be!) but I still want these kids to feel like they have choices

3 hours ago, NeverBeenKissed said:

A pizza buffet is where you the day AFTER your 21st birthday. (Or greasy Chinese) :margarita::tw_beer:

Or if you live in Cincinnati, Skyline

15 minutes ago, patsymae said:

Or if you live in Cincinnati, Skyline

I. Love. Skyline.

In other parts of the Midwest, it's Steak-n-Shake. lol

24 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Taco Johns! Midwest restaurants  represent!

OMG - my high school job was at Taco Johns! LOVED that place! lol

Do the Duggars have a Biblical Birthday Magic 8-Ball? 

I picture Michelle, Jim Bob, or, most likely, Jana: Hmmm, another birthday post is needed--how to describe child number eight, nine, ten, etc.?

Shake, shake, shake...Servants heart for the Lord!

Shake, shake, shake...Can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for your life this year!

Shake, shake, shake...Loves to help mommy with dishes and babies without being prompted! Oops, that doesn't work for a male, so: shake, shake, shake...

Their birthday greetings are always so cold, flat, and devoid of any true personalization--they work nearly interchangeably for any of their children. Add simple details: why do they make you proud, how do they make you laugh, how do they serve the Lord? What do you want to see for their future, not just, hey, can't wait to see what God throws at you, kid! 

I don't doubt that JB and Michelle love their children and grandchildren.  But they seem to take having children as their duty as Christians and the most important thing is to raise them in their particular way.  I don't think they get unconditional love and I don't feel like they cherish their children the way some parents do.  I would think the same thing would be extended to the grandchildren.  They will make sure that they tow the line and follow the rules.  I don't think they would cherish or spoil them.  Also, if you have too many children to have personal relationships with them, how could you ever develop much of a bond with any of your 200 grandchildren that you will eventually have?  Also, they love the attention that the number of kids has brought them.  So in that respect, when it comes to grandkids, the more the better.  Plus filling those quivers is important, but not bonding or real relationships.

18 hours ago, Season of life... said:

Do the Duggars have a Biblical Birthday Magic 8-Ball? 

We could make a birthday bingo card :)

I seem to remember J'chelle saying something about having to learn to love children as God loves children. To me, that means she wasn't necessarily crazy about having all those kids but she felt like it was her "duty" or some stupid shit. There's NO WAY you can get to know 19 individuals as individuals. Shit, I raised 5 and that was hard enough. BUT...I can still sit here and give you anecdotes about each child, their likes and dislikes, all that stuff, even now that they're grown. 

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Our last TJ's in this area closed about 3 years ago. Sometimes I miss it!

ETA--I just checked, and it looks like a new Taco John's opened up last year in a nearby town. Hmmm. I might need to check it out. :think:

11 hours ago, llg1234 said:

I know that regardless of religion, some people aren't drinkers/party types, but it sucks that these kiddults don't really get to find that out on their own.

To be honest, i would have loved that on my birthday. I had a really weird hangover that day :pb_lol:

7 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Now I'm craving potato oles. Apparently there is one 45 miles away at the Air Force Base. Somehow I doubt they'll let me on base just to get some tacos. 

10 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm in Minnesota and one of our gas stations in town recently opened a Taco Johns...potato oles for days!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived