IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 30 - On a Mission from GOD!

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on team malt vinegar myself. I remember putting vinegar on fair fries when I was a kid. Now, I'll eat my fries naked unless there's malt vinegar. I'm not a fan of ketchup, but loved the ketchup when I went to Germany (Helensee).

When my Dad had a Chippie, the malt vinegar was the vinegar left after the pickled onions had sold - the best malt vinegar ever!

And remember when you could get scraps? The little bits that fell off in the fryer? A bag of those, with salt and malt vinegar, was my idea of heaven as a child.:content:

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

I'm on team malt vinegar myself. I remember putting vinegar on fair fries when I was a kid. Now, I'll eat my fries naked unless there's malt vinegar. I'm not a fan of ketchup, but loved the ketchup when I went to Germany (Helensee).

Same, though I'll also squeeze lemon on them if there's no vinegar handy. I'm not a huge fries person, but I have a soft spot for spiced ones, especially when I was veg I'd be thrilled if we were going to Wing Stop or Five Guys.

Greece did convince me that fries belong in wraps and sandwiches, can be dipped in tzatziki and taste pretty awesome with paprika. 

I like my fries with sriracha mayo. I take a cup of mayo, mix in 1-2 tablespoons of sriracha, 1-2 teaspoons of lime juice, and a teaspoon of garlic powder, adjusting for taste. If you let the flavors meld for a few hours in the fridge, it's ridiculously good.

57 minutes ago, sawasdee said:

And remember when you could get scraps? The little bits that fell off in the fryer? A plate of those, with salt and malt vinegar, was my idea of heaven as a child.:content:

Scraps at 3am in the Blue Ocean after the clubs had kicked out. Food of the Gods. 

We called them batter bits.  So healthy. Wish I could still eat like that. Costco has some frozen beer battered cod, which is the closest I've come to good fish and chips in my area.

8 hours ago, cascarones said:

Greece did convince me that fries belong in wraps and sandwiches, can be dipped in tzatziki and taste pretty awesome with paprika. 

Why oh why have I never thought of dipping my fries in tzatziki?!  Now I know what I'm making for supper tomorrow......

3 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

We called them batter bits.  So healthy. Wish I could still eat like that. Costco has some frozen beer battered cod, which is the closest I've come to good fish and chips in my area.

When I was a kid, you could order "extra crispy bits" at Long John Silver's with your fish. Yum. No idea if they still serve them these days.

And oh yum, malt vinegar! And green chile! Went to Frontier twice in two days this past Jan. in ABQ. Now I'm hungry!

10 hours ago, cascarones said:

That was one of my favorite things to eat in Greece -souvlaki in a pita with fries and tzatziki is the best!  I think they serve them that way at a Greek cafe by my house.  I need to go again and confirm my suspicions :romance-hearteyes: 

1 hour ago, scoutsadie said:

When I was a kid, you could order "extra crispy bits" at Long John Silver's with your fish. Yum. No idea if they still serve them these days.

And oh yum, malt vinegar! And green chile! Went to Frontier twice in two days this past Jan. in ABQ. Now I'm hungry!

Krumbs from LJS are my favorite thing. 

Hubby made gyros and homemade tzatziki 2 nights ago for dinner. SO good!! Oh and Wendy's fries dunked in a chocolate Frosty is go-to PMS snack. 

13 minutes ago, SadieJane said:

Now I want gyros. 

We had fajitas for supper, but a gyro for lunch tomorrow...:56247955dd693_32(12):

Mmmm gyros, I'll have to make some since the Greek place by our place had chunks of glass in our takeout last time. :( Consoling myself with grilled halloumi and fresh figs for my Medi fix. I got so excited when I spotted the cheese I think I alarmed other shoppers. May or may not have soap boxed some innocent guy on my cheese loves, but now he's texting me and sigh, it is not for recipe help or true interest in my cookbook compilation adventures. Mr. cascornes will shake his head at me when he gets home, remind me that men take casual chatting to sweet fellowship places in their heads rapidly and that I'm slightly obtuse to noticing these things off the bat. 

On 9/1/2017 at 8:31 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

So do you think only Josiah and Josie went to the Bontrager wedding with JB and Michelle? Maybe for Josiah's birthday and Josie went because she's the miracle baby? It's kind of weird that more of them wouldn't go. Or maybe they all didn't sit together. 

Maybe so? Maybe everyone else needed to stay back in Arkansas and work on JoKen's wedding prep?

I love sriracha on just about anything.  Your recipe below would taste good on shoe leather. 

On 9/5/2017 at 11:59 AM, JesusCampSongs said:

I like my fries with sriracha mayo. I take a cup of mayo, mix in 1-2 tablespoons of sriracha, 1-2 teaspoons of lime juice, and a teaspoon of garlic powder, adjusting for taste. If you let the flavors meld for a few hours in the fridge, it's ridiculously good.

Tzatziki sauce is another one that makes almost anything it touches better.  Fries dipped in Tzatziki sauce is a winner

22 hours ago, curlykate said:

Why oh why have I never thought of dipping my fries in tzatziki?!  Now I know what I'm making for supper tomorrow......

Who's seen the post for their conference? They have that ridiculous picture of her mooning up at him while he talks. :2wankers: 

On 9/1/2017 at 6:51 PM, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Yeah, I agree that it probably isn't ketchup. I apparently had too much free time this afternoon or I was just in a weird mood, because I had a closer look.

Hide contents

20170901_154745.jpg.a0c951e4c6e29c8a74d919b68c81c451.jpg

Looks like Meechelle had a salad with the dressing in the side (orange arrow), like @Percy said.

Hide contents

20170901_154831.jpg.1ea25cb49b3d9bf3adcc45aef20cb1b0.jpg

JB's little cup (red arrow) is hidden and his big cup (blue arrow) looks like it might be ranch dip or another white sauce. On the plus side for his health, it looks like he got a fruit cup.

Hide contents

20170901_154706.jpg.52ef213b010fe85c22ff4356b84d3fa5.jpg

Josiah's dip looks like JB's (blue arrow). The little cup (red arrow) looks amber colored to me. Honey, maybe?

Like I said, I'm apparently in a really weird mood today! :pb_lol:

I think he had Chicken Fried Steak with milk gravy, maybe?

On 9/5/2017 at 1:55 AM, Kangaroo said:

If you love mayo, you need to try some Aioli too. All my American friends at work say it's not common in America.

It's common as anything here on the coast, but like JMO said, it's probably regional. I've spent the last few years trying to convince a friend in the urban Midwest that matcha is totally a thing to no avail, LOL.

Hubby has 2 different types of Aioli on his menu at work and he's switched from coffee to an herbal tea blend with Matcha recently. But we're foodies with extensive local resources for different cultures so its easy.

Neat. Well all the American's at work went to College in Ohio (seems like most are from there too).

Glad to know many have you have shared the joy of Aioli though! I'm still not convinced mayonnaise and chips go together though!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived