IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 30 - On a Mission from GOD!

choralcrusader8613

I love reading about all your hangover food. This makes me want too have some too. Although I'm not hungover. Maybe I should change that ;-). It's five o'clock somewhere, isn't it??! ;-)

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two years ago, I was introduced to Shake Shack in King of Prussia, PA. JUST the right amount of grease!!

20 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Two years ago, I was introduced to Shake Shack in King of Prussia, PA. JUST the right amount of grease!!

I'm "meh" on Shake Shack. It's such a thing in NYC, but it's seriously overrated*.

*my opinion

40 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I'm "meh" on Shake Shack. It's such a thing in NYC, but it's seriously overrated*.

*my opinion

We have one here in Austin. I liked it but I didn't get the hype. 

Speaking of Austins (this time the guy not the city I live in) does Jim Bob support him like he does Ben and Derrick (grifting)? Or is he sincerely flipping houses? Was that just for the show? 

9 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

*my opinion

What's up with the crappy crinkle-cut fries? It's like they just threw a bag of Orida in the oven. The burgers are good, but on the verge of too greasy. Maybe someday I'll get one and get fries from somewhere else.

14 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

Now I'm craving potato oles. Apparently there is one 45 miles away at the Air Force Base. Somehow I doubt they'll let me on base just to get some tacos. 

Go there and rant about how you pay taxes, therefore you are a part owner of the base? 

Next month I'm going to be flying into the Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport and will have some time to kill before continuing to my final destination. Does anyone have suggestions for non-stalkery Duggar-themed sightseeing?

Crystal bridge measuem nice

Dickin Street bookstore is one of my favorite book store in the world. Clinton house is a good way kill time. If you into beer any place on the Ale trail is good (well maybe not the Dino theme one). Core has a location in the airport but it like triple the cost. I think there is also a zoo near the airport but can't say if it's good or not

Also if you haven't spent much time in the Oklahoma-Texas-Arkansas a Whataburger stop is a recommendation. There some new ones in the Fatteyvile area. The Patty Melt with a shake & spicy ketchup for the fries are my go to

6 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Go there and rant about how you pay taxes, therefore you are a part owner of the base? 

I think the playing up pregnancy-lady craving approach might work better. ;) 

My favorite restaurant out west, that they don't have in Indiana, is Whataburger. When I lived in Arizona for a hot minute, all I ate was Whataburger. Whataburger is what made that satan's armpit of a state, remotely tolerable.

31 minutes ago, SnazzyNazzy said:

My favorite restaurant out west, that they don't have in Indiana, is Whataburger. When I lived in Arizona for a hot minute, all I ate was Whataburger. Whataburger is what made that satan's armpit of a state, remotely tolerable.

Who can pass up a Whataburger when hanging in Albuquerque? Along with a blue corn cheese enchilada Christmas style,  and a trip to Frontier, Whataburger is a must.

Whataburger is the restaurant that my boyfriend is willing to take a random road trip for. We always go there at least once when we visit his family in TX.

Greasy food for the men.  Salad with the dressing on the side for Michelle.

I guess Jim Bob is off his diet  again.

It's interesting that this thread is talking about the grand parenting style of JB &M.   I just started hearing radio advertisements for a conference called "The Heart of Grand-parenting" that they are headlining in Springdale later this month. I am gobsmacked that there is anyone left would be wiling to spend their time to hear their sage advice on family dynamics.  

Also- if anyone finds themselves in NW Arkansas, I second the suggestion to check out Crystal Bridges art Museum.  The collections and the outdoor trails are amazing.  The museum doesn't charge admission for the permanent galleries and has a wonderful kids area with interactive art toys, etc. 

9 hours ago, Dogalog said:

Moochelle's demin jacket is a bit funky! She normally doesn't wear trendy stuff?

Maybe she still has it from the last time it was fashionable. Every style seems to come back around if you wait long enough!

A totally silly thing popped into my head. Looks the ketchup is served in those tiny little paper cups. Really? How much can bottles of ketchup be?  Stingy much?

6 hours ago, TXGirlInAMaterialWorld said:

It's interesting that this thread is talking about the grand parenting style of JB &M.   I just started hearing radio advertisements for a conference called "The Heart of Grand-parenting" that they are headlining in Springdale later this month. I am gobsmacked that there is anyone left would be wiling to spend their time to hear their sage advice on family dynamics.  

That's conference sounds sort of interesting. What does (their interpretation of) the Bible say about grandparenting anyway? I'm not an expert but I really can't think of anything about the biblical role of grandparenting.

Ten bucks it's going to just apply the usual "children are a blessing," abortion is evil, men are leaders, etc etc stuff. Maybe some Titus 2 Women type stuff too. Who knows.

On 8/29/2017 at 6:40 PM, BabyBottlePop said:

I wish Jill Rodrigues would take her kids to CiCi's... it would do them good!

Only if it's the NICE CiCi's....

21 minutes ago, NakedKnees said:

That's conference sounds sort of interesting. What does (their interpretation of) the Bible say about grandparenting anyway? I'm not an expert but I really can't think of anything about the biblical role of grandparenting.

Ten bucks it's going to just apply the usual "children are a blessing," abortion is evil, men are leaders, etc etc stuff. Maybe some Titus 2 Women type stuff too. Who knows.

I had never heard of a "grand-parenting" conference until about 7-8 years ago.  My take it is that these conferences came about because so many young people are leaving churches.  The grand-parents are upset that their grand kids aren't being raised in church and want to be equipped to force their religious beliefs on the grand kids.  

The funny part is that JB & M have made it clear over the years that the parents should be the only authoritative force in their children's lives.  I wonder how they would have felt about grandparents or other extended family members trying to influence the J's spiritual lives if it didn't align with their own beliefs? 

My New Yorker other half goes Whataburger > Shake Shack > In'n'Out. He was very prepared to hate Whata and viewed it as over hyped. Then promptly became a believer at the eleventy billion customization options and spicy catsup. I look like jerk city flying out with my carry on liquid bags full of the little single serving catsup for him. Texas TSA understands and passes no judgment.

I'm just starting to eat meat again, baby keeps craving it and I figure my body knows what it needs for pregnancy, so I'm listening. Now I just want Hardee's, specifically Hardee's breakfast, such fantastic biscuits. We really enjoy looking at fast food menus when we travel to see the differences, he gets really excited by it and orders the craziest sounding thing. Worked himself into a tizzy when we got stranded at the Auckland airport because KFC was serving rolls, not southern biscuits.

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

A totally silly thing popped into my head. Looks the ketchup is served in those tiny little paper cups. Really? How much can bottles of ketchup be?  Stingy much?

What ketchup? Where? I'm lost. lol

49 minutes ago, cascarones said:

KFC was serving rolls

Older than you, obviously - I remember when USA KFC switched to biscuits. I was heartbroken. I loved those rolls!

3 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Looks the ketchup is served in those tiny little paper cups.

(you also said, "Umm I looked again and maybe that isn't ketchup.")

Yeah, I agree that it probably isn't ketchup. I apparently had too much free time this afternoon or I was just in a weird mood, because I had a closer look.

Spoiler

20170901_154745.jpg.a0c951e4c6e29c8a74d919b68c81c451.jpg

Looks like Meechelle had a salad with the dressing in the side (orange arrow), like @Percy said.

Spoiler

20170901_154831.jpg.1ea25cb49b3d9bf3adcc45aef20cb1b0.jpg

JB's little cup (red arrow) is hidden and his big cup (blue arrow) looks like it might be ranch dip or another white sauce. On the plus side for his health, it looks like he got a fruit cup.

Spoiler

20170901_154706.jpg.52ef213b010fe85c22ff4356b84d3fa5.jpg

Josiah's dip looks like JB's (blue arrow). The little cup (red arrow) looks amber colored to me. Honey, maybe?

Like I said, I'm apparently in a really weird mood today! :pb_lol:

4 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

They serve ketchup that way at Five Guys. I prefer ketchup in a separate container. That way it doesn't get all over my fries and my fingers don't get all messy.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived