IGNORED

Alex Jones

47of74

The fact that Jones believes bankruptcy is going to help is delightful.  All of those forensic accountants going through his financials, following all the money, digging out his assets.  I suspect he had the same caliber of financial planners that he did lawyers.

Oct 20 hearing moved to Nov 22, so we don't get to watch Judge Gamble take apart Reynal today.  A shame.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, bea said:

The fact that Jones believes bankruptcy is going to help is delightful.

All the cries of "Bankrupt! Bankrupt!" are performative for fund raising purposes and a desperate attempt to provide cover to continue to stash assets.  Do Jones' financial advisors/lawyers have criminal exposure if they are complicit in hiding assets in a civil case?

The lawyers for the plaintiffs want to make damn sure they get paid; the forensic accountants and CPAs are going to be making bank chasing it all down. Sadly, this could all go on for years.  But...!

From back in August: Sandy Hook Parents Want Alex Jones Out of Infowars Bankruptcy (2)

and this

Alex Jones claims Sandy Hook families won't get his money, but they could start seizing his assets, attorney says

• Attorney Ron Austin said Jones will have a hard time dodging the enormous bill.
  • The plaintiffs can scrutinize his finances for hidden money and seize his assets, Austin said.

Alex Jones laughed on air at the nearly $1 billion in damages a Connecticut jury ordered him to pay to Sandy Hook families, joking that the plaintiffs won't see that money.

"Do these people actually think they're getting any of this money?" he said, according to NBC News reporter Brandy Zadrozny.

But Jones could be in for a rude awakening. Ron Austin, a New Orleans-based civil attorney told Insider that if Jones tries to dodge payment, the plaintiffs can go after everything he's got.

Plaintiffs could then start "looking for what assets he might have, looking at whether he's fraudulently transferred any of his assets, they'll start going after those assets," he said.

They'll start piercing the corporate veil to get to him personally ... essentially you start seizing everything he owns."

Austin said courts do afford debtors the "ability to have an abode and reasonable living expenses." Those kinds of decisions will ultimately be determined by a judge, he said.

But Jones won't likely have the same standard of living as before with such a large debt weighing on his shoulders.

"This guy has made millions and millions; I don't think he will maintain that same lifestyle," he said.

All of the forensic accounting will definitely dig up tax irregularities, if there are any.  IRS, are you listening? 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 10

9 hours ago, Howl said:

Austin said courts do afford debtors the "ability to have an abode and reasonable living expenses." Those kinds of decisions will ultimately be determined by a judge, he said.

Given how he has mocked the judges presiding over his trials including depicting them as demonic, I could see a fellow judge who is making decisions in the bankruptcy having a fine time deciding what standard of living he will be able to have. I am sure it won’t be a hovel but it’s not likely going to come anywhere near his current lifestyle. Remember Henry Hill at the end of “Goodfellas”? Trapped in suburbia with no show, no attention, and neighbors who likely wouldn’t put up with his shit would be hell for Jones.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

New documents filed, including Jones' attorneys asking for no punative damages to be awarded because the compensatory damages were so high.  We'll see how that works.  The almost-$1b judgement means that any punative damages would never be paid out, so who knows, they might decide he's going to be destitute anyway.

The plaintiffs in the CT trial have filed a motion for pre-judgement and they are going after every-damn-thing that Jones has, personal and business.  Houses and other properties, personal property, bank accounts, businesses, intellectual property- anything that Jones own or controls, including all the businesses and DBAs and LLCs.  They are also asking for the bankruptcy to be overseen by a committee because both the court and the rest of the world know that Jones and his representatives cannot be trusted to tell the truth about what he owns and how much money he has. 

They know what he's trying to do, and he's not going to be able to do it.
Among the many things in the motion, the plaintiffs are asking for:

An order that the defendant Alex Jones be compelled to bring all his moveable property, whether tangible or intangible, and assets to the state of Connecticut for attachment.

Subject to the qualification relating to Free Speech Systems, LLC, described in paragraph 7.b.1 of this Application, an order that the defendant Alex Jones and entities he owns and/or controls (including limited liability corporations and trusts) be restrained from transferring, or otherwise disposing of property or assets without the permission of the Court.

An order that the defendant Alex Jones be restrained from removing or attempting to remove any of his property or assets from the United States.

Jones is going to be SO SORRY that he filed for bankruptcy.  SO sorry.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 8

5 hours ago, bea said:

New documents filed, including Jones' attorneys asking for no punative damages to be awarded because the compensatory damages were so high.  We'll see how that works.  The almost-$1b judgement means that any punative damages would never be paid out, so who knows, they might decide he's going to be destitute anyway.

The plaintiffs in the CT trial have filed a motion for pre-judgement and they are going after every-damn-thing that Jones has, personal and business.  Houses and other properties, personal property, bank accounts, businesses, intellectual property- anything that Jones own or controls, including all the businesses and DBAs and LLCs.  They are also asking for the bankruptcy to be overseen by a committee because both the court and the rest of the world know that Jones and his representatives cannot be trusted to tell the truth about what he owns and how much money he has. 

They know what he's trying to do, and he's not going to be able to do it.
Among the many things in the motion, the plaintiffs are asking for:

An order that the defendant Alex Jones be compelled to bring all his moveable property, whether tangible or intangible, and assets to the state of Connecticut for attachment.

Subject to the qualification relating to Free Speech Systems, LLC, described in paragraph 7.b.1 of this Application, an order that the defendant Alex Jones and entities he owns and/or controls (including limited liability corporations and trusts) be restrained from transferring, or otherwise disposing of property or assets without the permission of the Court.

An order that the defendant Alex Jones be restrained from removing or attempting to remove any of his property or assets from the United States.

I am so happy the plaintiffs have such great and savvy attorneys! They are covering all the bases while making sure Alex’ bat isn’t corked, his cleats aren’t spiked, he isn’t using performance enhancing drugs, or that he hasn’t somehow swapped himself out for a robot who looks just like him but who can hit homer after homer. (Maybe I have been watching too much of the 80s/90s “Scooby Doo”). I really hope that the plaintiffs of all the suits combined can destroy him financially and either cause Infowars to shut down completely or gain control of it and turn it into some kind of awesome platform (with a better name of course.) I know there are limits in TX on what plaintiffs can actually receive no matter the actual jury award (fucking Texas) but the hits keep coming so grind him down! Let that fucker pay in every way for making the entire community suffer all over after already enduring an unthinkable and horrific mass murder of beloved staff and very loved small children. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, bea said:

Jones is never sorry for anything. I've heard him say sorry a few times via Knowledge Fight now, and the one thing I am 100% sure of, it's that he's never genuinely sorry. His apologies always seem to be "I'm sorry, but <insert reason it wasn't actually his fault>. 

He is incapable of real self-reflection and self-correction. In his mind, he is never wrong. He will never accept that he is in the position he is now because he behaved like an arrogant, entitled, belligerent asshole. It will always be someone else's fault.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

I think he’s never sorry for hurting other people.

But I think he’ll be sorry that he screwed himself and made it far easier to have everything he owns liquidated to pay the plaintiffs. Which isn’t really being sorry, more “discovering that his own choices have made things much easier in terms of taking all his money.”

I think his money managers and financial planners have the same level of competence is his attorneys, which sucks for him. Ha!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

I think I read somewhere that his dad helps manage some of the money.  I hope they've shut down that avenue as well.  I'd like to see Alex penniless.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

Now on to the punitive damages

Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones is facing the possibility of having more penalties heaped onto the amount he owes relatives of victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. The punitive damages phase of his Connecticut trial began Friday.

A judge will determine punitive damages. Friday's hearing lasted less than a half hour and was continued to Monday.

I hope the judge takes that fuck to the cleaners.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

I watched the hearing (I'm recovering from Covid and I'm booooored) and it was absolutely nothing.

Couldn't even see Judge Bellis' shoes.

2 hours ago, Xan said:

I think I read somewhere that his dad helps manage some of the money.  I hope they've shut down that avenue as well.  I'd like to see Alex penniless.

They've tried to shuffle the ownership of the businesses around.  One current boondoggle is that Alex's parents own a business that sells things to InfoWars (some of those weirdo supplements), and so they claim that they don't have any money because they owe the parents' company all this money for the supplements.

Of course, it's patently obvious to anyone with eyes that all of these companies are owned and controlled by the Jones family and the person "running" the parents company is AN EMPLOYEE OF INFOWARS so I'm not sure how far that attempt is going to get them.

This is why Jones' choice to go into bankruptcy is so bizarre.  Nothing is private. Every stone will be turned over, every spreadsheet examined, and forensic accountants start with the assumption that you're hiding money and they go look for it. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

6 hours ago, bea said:

I think he’s never sorry for hurting other people.

As with many others I don't think other people are real to him. Neither the families at Sandy Hook nor his audience - the former are tools for him to use to fleece the latter. I don't actually think he believes his own bullshit - deep down he knows it's a lie but it makes him money so he doesn't care.

In his mind he is the centre of the universe and everyone else only exists relative to him.

So yeah, he'll be sorry for himself - but even then it'll all be the lawyers/accountants/media/his parent's fault. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

DAMN, Judge Bellis, $472m in punative damages.

Which means in this trial ALONE he's out $1.44 BILLION.

And.

"Bellis, the Connecticut judge, ordered Jones to not move any of his assets out of the country, as the families seek to attach his holdings to secure money for the damages."

Alex, you asshole.

"Jones, meanwhile, has asked the judge to order a new trial or at least reduce the compensatory damages to a “nominal” amount."

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, bea said:

DAMN, Judge Bellis, $472m in punative damages.

Which means in this trial ALONE he's out $1.44 BILLION.

And.

"Bellis, the Connecticut judge, ordered Jones to not move any of his assets out of the country, as the families seek to attach his holdings to secure money for the damages."

Alex, you asshole.

"Jones, meanwhile, has asked the judge to order a new trial or at least reduce the compensatory damages to a “nominal” amount."

I am a heterosexual woman but Judge Bellis: 

image.gif.977ae6a140369c1759bf9c154b1c3588.gif

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, bea said:

Her SHOES, though, am I right?

Oh yes the SHOES! The shoes just put her over the top! 

• Upvote 2

For some reason the article won’t link but a TX appellate court has basically said screw the limits, this is a special case so Jones owes the entire judgment granted in the Texas lawsuit ($49 million if I recall correctly). He is appealing. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 6

16 hours ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

.He is appealing. 

No he’s not, he’s appalling. 

😀 Sorry, @AlmostSavedAtTacoBell, couldn’t help myself. 

At this point, I have every faith in the lawyers for the families, and none in the dreck Jones has representing him. I hope the appeal ends up with him owing even more $$$. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

No he’s not, he’s appalling. 

😀 Sorry, @AlmostSavedAtTacoBell, couldn’t help myself. 

At this point, I have every faith in the lawyers for the families, and none in the dreck Jones has representing him. I hope the appeal ends up with him owing even more $$$. 

image.gif.1a4a61f3004971ba732a4bdd096e9240.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

I watched the judge nix the cap with great glee - Bankston gave a great argument, but frankly, I think Judge Gamble was so disgusted with Jones, Reynal, and everything else that she was going to remove the cap anyway.

• Upvote 5

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Good grief. 

part of my job is creating web analytics reports so I work for my spreadsheet overlords every day. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Talk about delusional.

I guess Alex doesn't notice the cans of Mace in all these women's hands as they are "throwing themself at him".

• Upvote 5

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic