IGNORED

Boyer Sisters Pt 5: Balancing Body Humors with YL Oils

laPapessaGiovanna

18 hours ago, Threff said:

I saw The Cure live, at The Dominion at Tottenham Court Road once.

My old stamping ground!  Tell us more.  :)

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@EowynW  Wowwee that's an A #1 double plus good shill your area doTerra lady has going on.  Equating using and selling doT with the will of God and saying you all out there need to get on God's bandwagon for the doT life and opportunity.

I assume she's super successful with lots of sales and recruits?

Nothing like telling people that it's God;s will and He wants you to buy ..... whatever MLM product someone is hawking.

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

@EowynW  Wowwee that's an A #1 double plus good shill your area doTerra lady has going on.  Equating using and selling doT with the will of God and saying you all out there need to get on God's bandwagon for the doT life and opportunity.

I assume she's super successful with lots of sales and recruits?

Nothing like telling people that it's God;s will and He wants you to buy ..... whatever MLM product someone is hawking.

She's really good at getting a following. Almost scary good. Yesterday she was on a "use this oil to speak life into ideas" kick. I really wish I could share her page here but it's a private Facebook page. 

I would also be interested to see her number of recruits as well. Gotta love how these folks use "this is what God wants!" as a reason to why you should do it!!

Exactly one year ago, Charlotte shocked her readers with the breaking news that she was going to wear skinny jeans (and tunics). The one rule ordained by God, Mom and Dad, was that the bum must remain hidden: "In case you were curious, my modesty guidelines for wearing skinny jeans are as follows: all dresses & tunics worn over them must cover the hip area, and go even further down if possible.

Well God must have changed his modesty standards, because now he allowed Charlotte to wear this -->

Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 6.17.31 PM.png

Wow, her God sure changes his mind often. 

Eta: Is she now allowed to wear any kind of pants, or rules just don't apply to Jeans of Dreams? 
Also, are we heathens allowed to wear whatever we want or are we still immodest sinners?

The body shaming of other people in that original post was so gross.

Good old God. Changing his mind to fit in with your burgeoning fashion sense.

I guess it's different if the jeans are boot cut. Because your bum looks so much more modest in boot cut jeans vs. skinny jeans? I don't know.

I miss boot cut jeans. I'm so done with skinny jeans. In fact, God has just laid it on my heart that the next time I go to the mall, I'm going to look for a nice pair of straight leg or boot cut jeans.

God tends to really lay things on your heart when you want to change it anyway. God it has laid it on my heart to eat pizza instead of salad but yet, he won't do his duty and not up my weight. How dare he? :P 

As for Charlotte, I'm glad that she's happy in her jeans. That's awesome, I just wish she realized that she could be happier, if she took her jean covered legs and discovered something that she loves. Perhaps God will lay that on her heart next. 

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

I guess it's different if the jeans are boot cut. Because your bum looks so much more modest in boot cut jeans vs. skinny jeans? I don't know.

I miss boot cut jeans. I'm so done with skinny jeans. In fact, God has just laid it on my heart that the next time I go to the mall, I'm going to look for a nice pair of straight leg or boot cut jeans.

Old Navy! I hate skinny jeans, and the only place I can seem to find affordable straight and boot cuts is at Old Navy. The Gap might have them too, but I think Old Navy is more affordable.

the thing that bothers me about last year's post is that she kept using the term "skinny jeans."  like @jozina said, it strikes me as a little body-shaming.  granted, she's not the best writer (better than, say, Sarah Maxwell, but still), but she could have found more ways to describe her denim pants.  and it shows more now that we've heard her and Jessica tease Brigid about not fitting into her old clothes right now (because, oh by the way, she's pregnant). 

29 minutes ago, catlady said:

the thing that bothers me about last year's post is that she kept using the term "skinny jeans."  like @jozina said, it strikes me as a little body-shaming.  granted, she's not the best writer (better than, say, Sarah Maxwell, but still), but she could have found more ways to describe her denim pants.  and it shows more now that we've heard her and Jessica tease Brigid about not fitting into her old clothes right now (because, oh by the way, she's pregnant). 

'Skinny jeans' is just the name of that style of jeans. I've never heard them called anything else. They don't refer to the build of the person wearing them.

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Amen!  I have been trying to find maternity jeans that are NOT skinny.  It's almost impossible!

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

'Skinny jeans' is just the name of that style of jeans. I've never heard them called anything else. They don't refer to the build of the person wearing them.

No, but her post was absolutely ALL about how not all women can wear skinny jeans, with a definite side-helping of body-shaming, both for unfortunate women who aren't skinny and for women who choose to wear them in different ways than Charlotte did at that particular time.

47 minutes ago, Lurky said:

No, but her post was absolutely ALL about how not all women can wear skinny jeans, with a definite side-helping of body-shaming, both for unfortunate women who aren't skinny and for women who choose to wear them in different ways than Charlotte did at that particular time.

Oh, I know, but the poster I quoted was specifically objecting to her calling them "skinny jeans" and I was just pointing out that there was really nothing else she could have called them. Regardless, Charlotte's post was gross, judgemental, and immature, absolutely.

I guess I wasn't clear enough, but I was referring to the overall tone of CB's post and the fact that she used the term multiple times when simply "jeans" or "pants" would have conveyed the same message.  

2 hours ago, catlady said:

I guess I wasn't clear enough, but I was referring to the overall tone of CB's post and the fact that she used the term multiple times when simply "jeans" or "pants" would have conveyed the same message.  

That makes sense. I guess I interpreted it more as her specifically saying 'skinny jeans' because skinny jeans are considered inherently less modest in the fundie community. But I'm sure she relished using the word 'skinny' over and over again. Like I said, immature, obnoxious, and the exact opposite of modest!

I haven't ventured into this forum in a bit, and I'm just... confused. 

I get being friendly with youths, I volunteer with middle and high school kids, and they can be really wonderful. But some of my favorite parts of the day are going back to the staff area and having a conversation (or sharing my grievances about the kids) with my peers. I have friends who are older than me- hell, one of my best friends is 18 years older than me- but it started as a mentorship relationship, and while it's more equal nowadays, he still continues to mentor me and help me "adult." What do these young adults have in common with children? Apart from the fact that they're not allowed to leave home, have boyfriends, drink, say naughty words, or disobey their parents? Fundie culture infantilizes women until they are married, and it really pisses me off.

And the essential oils, holy crap. But hormonal imbalances? Seriously? I don't... I just... does not compute. Essential oils might be good for your skin (I'm an oily hippie, I use them to soothe skin irritation and acne) but I can't imagine they can solve serious medical issues. 

And the constant digs on Brigid. I wonder if the competition was this obvious when she still lived with them. But sisters shouldn't hate on each other for being happy. I know, I have one, and up until a few years ago, she took every opportunity to take similar digs at my accomplishments. Just leave her alone. She seems happy. Sorry you're not. Don't be a dick.

On 10/16/2017 at 6:35 PM, usedbicycle said:

Exactly one year ago, Charlotte shocked her readers with the breaking news that she was going to wear skinny jeans (and tunics). The one rule ordained by God, Mom and Dad, was that the bum must remain hidden: "In case you were curious, my modesty guidelines for wearing skinny jeans are as follows: all dresses & tunics worn over them must cover the hip area, and go even further down if possible.

Well God must have changed his modesty standards, because now he allowed Charlotte to wear this -->

And almost exactly one year before that, she announced that she was forswearing modern clothing altogether, and creating a 20-piece "vintage capsule wardrobe" because she just felt like modern clothes weren't right for her. She never finished the capsule wardrobe, though by her own admission, she spent hundreds of dollars on fabric and patterns for it.

I think Charlotte is one of those people who change their entire worldview every 12-24 weeks, and you're just supposed to pretend that each "New Self" is what she she's always been. 

Funny how God's decisions so often seem to reflect what we actually want. It's so easy to disguise: you (general) wanting something is bad because you're prioritising lusts of the flesh over God, but if God Himself says it's OK then it's totally acceptable.

On 10/16/2017 at 6:35 PM, usedbicycle said:

Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 6.17.31 PM.png

For realsies, if I had legs that didn't look like stubby little gnome stumps hurrying up to a magical mountain of candy, I would wear the shit out of this outfit.

10 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

I think Charlotte is one of those people who change their entire worldview every 12-24 weeks, and you're just supposed to pretend that each "New Self" is what she she's always been. 

That's what annoys me the most. Sure those jeans look fine on her, but are we supposed to instantly forget all her previous inflexible beliefs? Fundies never admit their world view is a work in progress. They never have the humility to address their change and growth, because they don't want to admit they may have been wrong.

I would love to hear Jinger discuss wearing pants or Erica Shupe discuss putting her kids in public school, but it's never going to happen because they're all so proud and self-righteous.

22 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

That's what annoys me the most. Sure those jeans look fine on her, but are we supposed to instantly forget all her previous inflexible beliefs? Fundies never admit their world view is a work in progress. They never have the humility to address their change and growth, because they don't want to admit they may have been wrong.

I would love to hear Jinger discuss wearing pants or Erica Shupe discuss putting her kids in public school, but it's never going to happen because they're all so proud and self-righteous.

The weird thing about the Boyers is that they do acknowledge changing their beliefs, and even put on periodic displays of owning up to mistakes. It's just not in an honest or authentic way. Something will happen, vague posting will follow, then silence, then a flowery description of how someone in the family stumbled, but they learned from it, God's got it all under control, and it's all uphill from here. #thatsdarling

Inevitably though, it all circles back around to the same bullshit, and nobody really learned anything, and heart pieces/acne/Charlotte's denim-clad ass/mom's hormones end up exposed for the mess that they are. They seem to revel in public displays of humility, but it just doesn't mean anything. I guess it's a different kind of performance for them. 

12 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Don't most adolescents do this?  With the Boyer sisters I have to keep reminding myself how young they are.  Charlotte is only 18.  I am profoundly relieved that my teenage opinions were not blogged on the internet for FJ to dig up and point out the contradictions.  But then I was so shy and nerdy that I never presumed to set myself up as an expert on anything.  I certainly didn't presume to be a virtuous example for my peers like the Boyer sisters.   :D

1 hour ago, SolomonFundy said:

The weird thing about the Boyers is that they do acknowledge changing their beliefs, and even put on periodic displays of owning up to mistakes. It's just not in an honest or authentic way.

I agree.  Also that they always essentially end up in the same place. 

15 hours ago, MargaretElliott said:

And the constant digs on Brigid. I wonder if the competition was this obvious when she still lived with them.

That is a good question.  I don't think the tension was as obvious before Jessica's broken engagement but Jessica and Charlotte always seemed more closely bonded.  IIRC, J and C shared a room while Brigid had her own bedroom-workroom.  I always wondered why.

Also, to add to the "sin" of her marrying first,  Brigid never had acne.  Jessica has stated that she was jealous of Brigid's skin, and there's a video of Brigid's morning makeup routine that shows her perfect complexion.   

Sisters, sisters ...

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived