IGNORED

Boyer Sisters Pt 5: Balancing Body Humors with YL Oils

laPapessaGiovanna

Have you guys been watching the videos Jessica and charlotte have been making?

The one where they went to visit Brigid was so irritating - the giggling  and forced smiles from all.

Charlotte has obviously been watching lots of YouTube and is experimenting with emojis popping up and zooming in for no reason on one of them talking. It's interesting that the old blog is getting much more interest than their new one.

The new acne video is so sad. Jessica is still caught up in her breakup from Levi and says those emotions made her face break out. Long boring ramblings about protecting their precious wombs from toxins. They put so much energy into this idea that chemicals are toxic but are they reslly? And they continue to use plastic cups and cutlery which leech chemicals into food anyway. 

Brigid's dress is beautiful- she looks pretty close to the end of her pregnancy.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Omg, I just watched the acne video! I laughed out loud when Jessica said, "I love dark chocolate, guys. The darkest that you can get." You have to watch it for yourself. It's so bizarre how the music stops playing when she says it in a low voice and the camera zooms in on her face a bit. I found it overtly sexual? Maybe it's just me!

And also, Jessica is calling her acne scars "battle scars." Dramatic much?

I...don't...know...what...to...say! 

Oh wait! Oh wait! Your fertility! Not your fertility. Good lord! :o 

My great grandmother told me my great great grandfather killed a man in an argument during the crossing from Germany, and then changed his name when he got to America in order to mask his trail.  And it is true that pre-immigration he was called "Isidore Henry" and that afterwards he went by "Henry Isidore".  

My mom says he was probably just looking for an excuse to drop Isidore as his first name.   

I tried to watch the acne one, I really did, but I couldn't get more than 2 mins in.  Help a sister out and recap for me, pretty please?

I do feel sorry for them, when they've been bought up to put SO much value on their looks, and are subjected to these crazy diets, and told prayer solves everything, that they still had acne, because they must feel like they've been doing everything right.  Acne is so stressful for any teen, but for young women like the Boyers, who have been performing since they were children, and have this brand that's all about how they look, it must be devastating. 

One of the many things I hate about Fundies is the huge importance put on their daughters to be pretty.  I know it's not only a Fundy thing, but when it's combined with so many restrictions, it means something like having acne is a much bigger deal than it should be.  And living this weird isolated life, there's not much to distract them.  I always hope that they are secretly surrounded by (age appropriate) friends, and just choosing to leave that out of their public face.

Speaking of autumn and themes the Boyers probably don't approve of (from that apple picture) -- one of their past major sponsors, Jessica from Chronically Vintage, with whom they traded advertisements and giveaways in the vintage blogging world, just came out as a Wiccan / practicing autumn witch!

I for one totally support her and think her new direction is really cool, and I still love her style...but the Boyers no longer seem to follow her on social media...

21 hours ago, Jeronimo said:

The new acne video is so sad. Jessica is still caught up in her breakup from Levi and says those emotions made her face break out. Long boring ramblings about protecting their precious wombs from toxins. They put so much energy into this idea that chemicals are toxic but are they reslly? And they continue to use plastic cups and cutlery which leech chemicals into food anyway. 

Okay, gonna admit -- I'm not an EO hippie but I am a bit fussy about plastics and disposable products. Their arguments about "toxins" in disposable razors didn't sway me, but I was definitely convinced by the long-term savings angle and went out and bought a metal razor...

@Lurky I didn't watch until the end but this is what I've got from it. 

- Jessica and Charlotte both struggled with acne from a young age. They started using proactive. 

- After using proactive for a bit, Jessica tried to go natural because it was really drying out her skin. They were dealing with a lot of flaking and peeling. They both started using oils and this cleared up Charlotte's skin but not really Jessica's. They went to Clinque. 

- Once they stopped Clinque after Brigid got married, they stopped caring about their skin because they wouldn't have people staring at them and it didn't matter. Was it here they tried to go natural? I don't know. Maybe If so insert the second part here. Either way, they experimented a lot including not cleansing their faces just hot water and microfibre cloths. 

- Charlotte discovered an app that told them about all the bad things that were in their products and oh my god carcinogens and it could affect your fertility! So they started using oils and gave up dairy but that didn't matter and then gluten. Jessica can't eat chocolate because it really breaks her out. 

-Another reason is that Jessica has stress due to her bad breakup and that was causing her issues and something about the GI tract. Again talking about babies and Charlotte actually says that it's a woman's purpose and then says it's not politically correct but she doesn't care. 

This is where I gave up. Because you know...I was bored and I knew they were going to shill their shit. :P 

32 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Again talking about babies and Charlotte actually says that it's a woman's purpose and then says it's not politically correct but she doesn't care. 

Screw you, Charlotte Boyer. Maybe it's your purpose, but don't you dare generalize the rest of us. 

Rufus, those two need to find jobs to occupy their time. Real freaking jobs. A Christian daycare would hire them. Or they could work for a church. They need to get out of the house daily and do something. Clearly whatever part time stuff they were doing is not enough. Get a freaking job, get out of the house, and stop your damn whining about Bridget getting married, and a broken courtship, and acne. I can’t even with those two. 

People who blame all their skin problems on food or plastics, etc piss me off. I had to stop eating Gluten because it was causing multiple issues with my eczema. It has been a pain in the ass. So many things contain gluten. Also, I freaking love bread! So people who just say “I am gluten free because it might make me fart or it might be giving me acne” just want me to punch them. In the throat. My acne got worse after I stopped eating gluten. It took about a month to clear it all up. Thankfully, cutting out gluten has helped my eczema. I’m not itching and I don’t have blisters on my hands & feet anymore. 

This is my advice to the Boyer Bitches- yup, I’m going there- get a job, get out of the house, make some friends, and go to a dermatologist for your freaking acne. Those stupid oils are not going to help you. And stop being whiny ass bitches! 

/end rant 

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

- Once they stopped Clinque after Brigid got married, they stopped caring about their skin because they wouldn't have people staring at them and it didn't matter.

Was that more in a "what a relief, we didn't have to worry about performing, so we could give our skin a break", or more of the "when Brigid left us our whole lives were over, so we gave up caring what we looked like"?

I really hope I was the first. Because, how pathetic can you get? 

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

Was that more in a "what a relief, we didn't have to worry about performing, so we could give our skin a break", or more of the "when Brigid left us our whole lives were over, so we gave up caring what we looked like"?

I really don't know. It seemed to be a big relief but also like they were blaming Brigid? I don't think that they know. 

I agree, they do need jobs that get them out of the house. Perhaps the acne comes from frustration.

Plus if they get out there a bit more, it's more likely to result in what they desire most of all! Husbands and fulfilling their life's purpose of procreation!!!!!!

13 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I really don't know. It seemed to be a big relief but also like they were blaming Brigid? I don't think that they know. 

That makes sense.  I get the impression they're confused by the conflicting feelings.  Like, I bet if they read here, they absolutely don't recognise that they keep sounding bitter to/about Brigid, and would deny it vociferously, but they still definitely seem to blame her for the changes in their lives.  (Plus, of course, Jessica struggling with her depression, and the fact she thought she'd be the one leaving first)

Mind you, what would have happened to Charlotte if Jessica had got married?   ETA For all their talk and talk about hope chests and future husbands, they don't seem to have been prepared for what would happen when one of them did marry.

(And once more, that old Boyer-thread refrain - such a shame they don't have outside interests/activities to distract them)

15 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Again talking about babies and Charlotte actually says that it's a woman's purpose and then says it's not politically correct but she doesn't care. 

That's.....nice, dear

On 10/5/2017 at 3:46 PM, divadivine said:

This is my advice to the Boyer Bitches- yup, I’m going there- get a job, get out of the house, make some friends, and go to a dermatologist for your freaking acne. Those stupid oils are not going to help you. And stop being whiny ass bitches! 

/end rant 

You would have them go out in the sinful, poison-filled world to a professional who would fill their twee precious wombs with ~*~toxins~*~?!  Shame!  Think of the next generation!!!!  Stay home and get oily, ladies!  It's the only safe way! /s

On 06/10/2017 at 8:09 AM, Lurky said:

Mind you, what would have happened to Charlotte if Jessica had got married?   ETA For all their talk and talk about hope chests and future husbands, they don't seem to have been prepared for what would happen when one of them did marry?

Yes, isn't it curious that their parents didn't include this in the homeschool program - how to live without each other. 

Jessica's depression is a worry.

On 5.10.2017 at 2:25 PM, Kariina said:

Speaking of autumn and themes the Boyers probably don't approve of (from that apple picture) -- one of their past major sponsors, Jessica from Chronically Vintage, with whom they traded advertisements and giveaways in the vintage blogging world, just came out as a Wiccan / practicing autumn witch!

I for one totally support her and think her new direction is really cool, and I still love her style...but the Boyers no longer seem to follow her on social media...

They liked her post about coming out as Wiccan but don't seem to follow her. 

Also could go without calling young women “bitches” for the crime of immature vanity, but that’s just me. 

On 10/1/2017 at 11:01 AM, formergothardite said:

I remember practicing stop, drop and roll as a child. But stopping and dropping is only for fire. So stopping, dropping and oiling up went right over my head. :laughing-jumpingpurple: 

My mind associates stop, drop, and oil with fire, then I think doesn't oil make fire worse?!

Wow so they launched a health and wellness lifestyle website. How innovative, and ahead of their time. Before you know it they will be selling Jade  eggs and vagina steamers. I bet Gwynith is worried, because Who doesn't want health and wellness advice from sheltered, uneducated,  fundie girls? What a great idea.

What's next? A book about relationships an marriage advice?

Did you guys know the Earth aid flat? 

#roundearthisalie

On 10/5/2017 at 6:09 PM, Lurky said:

That makes sense.  I get the impression they're confused by the conflicting feelings.  Like, I bet if they read here, they absolutely don't recognise that they keep sounding bitter to/about Brigid, and would deny it vociferously, but they still definitely seem to blame her for the changes in their lives.  (Plus, of course, Jessica struggling with her depression, and the fact she thought she'd be the one leaving first)

Mind you, what would have happened to Charlotte if Jessica had got married?   ETA For all their talk and talk about hope chests and future husbands, they don't seem to have been prepared for what would happen when one of them did marry.

(And once more, that old Boyer-thread refrain - such a shame they don't have outside interests/activities to distract them)

I have always believed that things would have been fine for Charlotte if Jessica and Brigid had both married and left home at the same time. Despite her desire to be seen as a "grown up" for many years before having any claim to the title (and I'd argue that she's nowhere near being "grown" even now), Charlotte has always come across to me as a slightly bratty child. I think if Jessica and Brigid had left for their own households, Charlotte would have parlayed her newfound status as an "only child" into some serious opportunities and attention from her parents. There would still be vague-posts about Change, and Things That Are Different, but I think that the whole tone of the separation would have been much less miserable. Charlotte seems to revel in attention, so I think she would have been just fine as the sole recipient of her parents' time and resources. Whatever challenges Brigid and Jessica faced as newlyweds would have been hidden, assuming they "retired" from the blog, and Charlotte alone wouldn't have been tempted to even pretend to keep the Boyers Sisters brand afloat. She would have orchestrated some kind of grand gesture to end the website, and she would have started something new, probably centered around photography and web design.

It really seems like the majority of the desperation and weird stops and starts for the remaining two sisters is coming from Jessica. Charlotte can't really do her own thing without dragging Jessica along, and she's not mature enough to think for both of them. Jessica IS mature enough, but is struggling to reconcile her current identity with what she was raised to believe of herself. Her natural interests and talents aren't super-complimentary to Charlotte's, especially without Brigid around to smooth the gaps. Their parents seem to be basically useless at this point, both at preparing them for the realities of life, AND at securing help for their obviously depressed daughter. 

On 10/5/2017 at 7:57 PM, Carm_88 said:

I don't even know how to respond to that, honestly.

Respect for human dignity entails respecting a person's autonomy, and not every person will want to have children. Some people aren't able to have children, and this doesn't diminish them  as human beings. 

I'm 100% supportive of anyone who decides to devote their life to their children. I absolutely understand why people think that having children is the best thing they have done with their lives. Fantastic. But you cannot extrapolate from one person's belief or value set to every other person on earth.

1 hour ago, seraaa said:

But you cannot extrapolate from one person's belief or value set to every other person on earth.

(But here they would probably invoke the soundness of their proposition as the truth, and say the rest of us were just deluding ourselves). 

I really don't get the point of the acne video. All I learned was that acne medication works, natural products and diets mostly don't.

Also, WTF was that story about the sisters wanting to try a dairy-free diet, but then their mom unknowingly bought 5 cheeses at the store and started "panicking just as much as we were" so they chose to go gluten free instead??! Could they be anymore childish and dramatic?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived