IGNORED

John Kelly -- Bringing Order to the West Wing?

GreyhoundFan

48 minutes ago, OtterRuletheWorld said:

I changed my mind and "explained myself"

You need to put some more effort into explaining yourself. A simple, "I think lying to gold star families is: respectful or disrespectful"

and/or

"I think calling a gold star widow a liar is: respectful or disrespectful"

and/or

"I think mocking a war hero is:" respectful or disrespectful".

would go a long way in explaining yourself. 

These things shouldn't be that hard to answer, yet you seem stumped. What is hard about saying mocking a war hero is disrespectful? 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 12

30 minutes ago, Destiny said:

@Palimpsest, she was addressing my avatar, the sweet summer of 60 child that she is. 

Yes. I do believe it's my duty to resist. It's my duty to resist a president that is espousing policies that will take health care from millions. It's my duty to resist a president that thinks grab them by the pussy is ok. It's my duty to resist a president that says Nazis are good people. It's my duty to resist a president that says Mexicans are rapists and murderers. It's my duty to resist a president that is trying to take a woman's right to choose, and access to birth control. It's my duty to resist a president that can't stop fucking harassing Gold Star families. It's my duty to resist a president that is talking shit about a mayor in a disaster struck city for political gain. It's my duty to resist a president that can't fucking stop lying. It's my duty to resist a president that is trying to take rights away from my best friend, who happens to be gay. It's my duty to resist a president that is trying to take rights from transgender Americans. 

I could go on, but what's the point? Of course it's my duty to resist because I'm a fucking decent human being. Why aren't you?

Why am I not as wonderful as you! Look at you go, resisting all over the place. You have certainly won me over and convinced me to resist and strive ever so hard to be an decent human being, just like yourself. 

• Fuck You 3
  • Downvote 7
  • Disgust 1

17 minutes ago, Zola said:

JRod is my jam, but that pink ween business is too much for me.

Okay, I am really behind on my fundie watching. I'm probably going to regret this, but what exactly is a pink ween? I just assumed it was short for weiner, or penis, but now I'm not so sure. Should I guzzle some Pepto-Bismol before I read the answer? 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OtterRuletheWorld said:

Why am I not as wonderful as you!

We all strive to be as awesome and wonderful as Destiny. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 5

Okay, I am really behind on my fundie watching. I'm probably going to regret this, but what exactly is a pink ween? I just assumed it was short for weiner, or penis, but now I'm not so sure. Should I guzzle some Pepto-Bismol before I read the answer? 

Don’t. Just don’t. I gagged. SAVE YOURSELF!

But if you must know, you want the brother Gary threads in snark. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Here you go:

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

I agree with Destiny don't look. I don't even wish the pink ween in ME on otter. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

39 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

So if you don't like the NYT what are your favorite news sources?

I am sorry, but discussing my favorite news sources seems to be a distraction in this conversation. I think we should stick to the topic, but I would be happy to discuss that with you in the future.

• Downvote 4
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, OtterRuletheWorld said:

I am sorry, but discussing my favorite news sources seems to be a distraction in this conversatio

Don't worry! Going off topic is not a distraction at all here! We rarely stay on topic. This would actually be closer to the topic then some of the other stuff we have started discussing in threads. Sometimes we have like three conversations going on at once. Your favorite news sources won't be even a tiny bit of a distraction. 

But if it really concerns your I'll go start another thread so we can discuss news sources there. 

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 1
  • Love 3

5 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Okay, I am really behind on my fundie watching. I'm probably going to regret this, but what exactly is a pink ween?

Bro. Gary Hawkins posted a picture of his breakfast of weens and gravy.  It was put in a JRod thread and nauseated everyone.  It looked like Peptobismol vomit over chucks of hot dog.  Much discussion ensued as to what made the gravy pink.

You are safe from the pnk weens in reading the Bro. Hawkins threads though.  No-one wanted to post that picture again and he is vastly amusing!  We now have a language called Weenese and people start posts with OK, folks.  And sign them thus:

Sis P.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7
  • Thank You 2

Ugh. Of course I had to go and click on that link. :puke-huge:

Why would someone in his right mind eat something the cat threw up????

Speaking of disgusting things... Did you know that there is a good way to get rid of trolls? Stop feeding them. Don't acknowledge them. Don't vote for them, either up, down, or fuck (sorry @Palimpsest). Ignore them. Then, just sit back and watch how fast they melt away...

59ef9aa4d4229_immelting.thumb.png.486b76134df977d38411829acc5596fd.png

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, OtterRuletheWorld said:

In regards to the claims the Kelly is a liar, I think calling him a liar is a giant leap given that the point had nothing to do with her getting money for the building/naming the building, but that she stood up and talked about herself at the time.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/22556/did-john-kelly-lie-about-frederica-wilsons-fbi-ben-shapiro

Thank you, I read that article. It was interesting as is your take on it.

Kelly says, according to this article, that Congresswoman Wilson "stood up there and all of that and talked about how she was instrumental in getting the funding for that building and how she took care of her constituents because she got the money, and she just called up President Obama, and on that phone call he gave the money..."

The article details what Congresswoman Wilson said at the ceremony. No where in her speech did she claim to have gotten the funding for the building. In my book, that makes what Kelly said a lie. Not an incidental lie, a deliberate lie. He had to have either been present, and he seems to indicate that he was, or have investigated the speech, or been told his version by someone. In any instance what he said was not what happened. That makes it a lie.

And then he puts the icing on the cake by claiming "we" were stunned. Stunned that Congresswoman Wilson did her job? A federal building was opening in her district and the FBI wanted to have it named for some fallen FBI agents. She was aware that the timing was tight so she did what she was supposed to do, she went to John Boehner immediately and impressed upon him the need to work quickly. And as she said in the speech, Mr Boehner fast-tracked the bill, something she gives him, a Republican, credit for. She then moved the bill to the Senate, again her job since she is sponsoring it, and again gives credit to Senators Nelson and Rubio for fast-tracking it through the Senate.

She then praises all of Congress and the FBI.

Perhaps you don't like the way she speaks but I see very little grandstanding in this and credit being given to other legislators on both sides. The writer of the article puts a very interesting spin on it. He acknowledges that Kelly was wrong about Wilson claiming to have gotten the funding, but to him that's not a lie. I wonder what is. And he sees Wilson telling the story of how the building came to be named for the agents as campaigning and patting herself on the back. It was an easy decision to name the building after agents who were killed in the area and Ms Wilson never claims it was her idea, she simply said she moved the process forward quickly, with bi-partisan action in Congress doing the work. Maybe that's what Kelly is upset about. Bi-partisanship.

• Upvote 15

4 minutes ago, GrumpyGran said:

Thank you, I read that article. It was interesting as is your take on it.

Kelly says, according to this article, that Congresswoman Wilson "stood up there and all of that and talked about how she was instrumental in getting the funding for that building and how she took care of her constituents because she got the money, and she just called up President Obama, and on that phone call he gave the money..."

The article details what Congresswoman Wilson said at the ceremony. No where in her speech did she claim to have gotten the funding for the building. In my book, that makes what Kelly said a lie. Not an incidental lie, a deliberate lie. He had to have either been present, and he seems to indicate that he was, or have investigated the speech, or been told his version by someone. In any instance what he said was not what happened. That makes it a lie.

And then he puts the icing on the cake by claiming "we" were stunned. Stunned that Congresswoman Wilson did her job? A federal building was opening in her district and the FBI wanted to have it named for some fallen FBI agents. She was aware that the timing was tight so she did what she was supposed to do, she went to John Boehner immediately and impressed upon him the need to work quickly. And as she said in the speech, Mr Boehner fast-tracked the bill, something she gives him, a Republican, credit for. She then moved the bill to the Senate, again her job since she is sponsoring it, and again gives credit to Senators Nelson and Rubio for fast-tracking it through the Senate.

She then praises all of Congress and the FBI.

Perhaps you don't like the way she speaks but I see very little grandstanding in this and credit being given to other legislators on both sides. The writer of the article puts a very interesting spin on it. He acknowledges that Kelly was wrong about Wilson claiming to have gotten the funding, but to him that's not a lie. I wonder what is. And he sees Wilson telling the story of how the building came to be named for the agents as campaigning and patting herself on the back. It was an easy decision to name the building after agents who were killed in the area and Ms Wilson never claims it was her idea, she simply said she moved the process forward quickly, with bi-partisan action in Congress doing the work. Maybe that's what Kelly is upset about. Bi-partisanship.

I think he was pointing out that she was speaking about something SHE did while at a ceremony where such speech would be considered inappropriate at the time.  I can kindly (I mean that) agree to disagree with you about Kelly's intent with what he had said, but if he had said "She was speaking about naming the building...." it would have still had the same reaction from myself. 

I am not suggesting she is attacking all Republicans and it is fine that she gave credit to those that are from a different party than herself. I realize the writer (and myself) acknowledge he was wrong, and I don't think anyone thinks it is wrong that she got the building named after the agents pushed through OR that she got funding (which we know isnt the case) I certainly don't think she is wrong for doing so and don't think it is wrong that she spoke about it. I think it is wrong that she spoke about it at the time she spoke about it. I am under the assumption that Kelly is coming from this angle.  I think calling him a liar over this is a distraction. He never claimed it was a bad thing to get funding for a building ( I understand she really spoke about the naming of the building). I don't have a problem with how she speaks, more WHEN. This moment didn't need to be political. Wilson wasn't attacking, she was propping herself up.

I would call this a Karma type of moment. I am sure she never imagined in that moment that 2 years later Kelly would be speaking about that moment in a situation like this, but, it is what happened and she still spoke at a time where it appeared to be at an insensitive time. I am sure some don't think it was insensitive to do so, but that is left to the individual.

• Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 9

A snake would break its spine and  fall ill with labyrinthitis following the path of your reasoning.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 1

17 minutes ago, OtterRuletheWorld said:

I think he was pointing out that she was speaking about something SHE did while at a ceremony where such speech would be considered inappropriate at the time.  I can kindly (I mean that) agree to disagree with you about Kelly's intent with what he had said, but if he had said "She was speaking about naming the building...." it would have still had the same reaction from myself. 

I am not suggesting she is attacking all Republicans and it is fine that she gave credit to those that are from a different party than herself. I realize the writer (and myself) acknowledge he was wrong, and I don't think anyone thinks it is wrong that she got the building named after the agents pushed through OR that she got funding (which we know isnt the case) I certainly don't think she is wrong for doing so and don't think it is wrong that she spoke about it. I think it is wrong that she spoke about it at the time she spoke about it. I am under the assumption that Kelly is coming from this angle.  I think calling him a liar over this is a distraction. He never claimed it was a bad thing to get funding for a building ( I understand she really spoke about the naming of the building). I don't have a problem with how she speaks, more WHEN. This moment didn't need to be political. Wilson wasn't attacking, she was propping herself up.

I would call this a Karma type of moment. I am sure she never imagined in that moment that 2 years later Kelly would be speaking about that moment in a situation like this, but, it is what happened and she still spoke at a time where it appeared to be at an insensitive time. I am sure some don't think it was insensitive to do so, but that is left to the individual.

I'll simply ask who, besides Kelly, amongst those present and involved, thought what she said was insensitive. And again when someone says something that is not true, it is a lie, especially when done with the intensity that Kelly employed.

Done there.

"Wife Becky shills Plexus..." Oh, somebody please put that in a country song!

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

Y'all have way more patience than I do.  If I was able I'd have *plonked* Otter pages ago.  We know from past experience that she won't go easy into that good night.

Also, Kelly got some other facts wrong regarding the dedication of the FBI building.  He said the officers were killed by drug runners and they were actually killed during a bank robbery (or vice versa.  I can't be arsed to look it up)

Edited by Curious
stupid autocorrect and a riffle
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 5

3 minutes ago, Curious said:

If I was able I'd have *plonked* Otter pages ago.  We know from past experience that she won't go easy into that goodnight.

I will say that this one has the perseverance of an ant in all its iterations.  And the brain power of one too.  

I'm far more interested in getting the dirt on DPIAT than in playing with a troll at the moment. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Curious said:

Also, Kelly got some other facts wrong regarding the dedication of the FBI building.  He said the officers were killed by drug runners and they were actually killed during a bank robbery (or vice versa.  I can't be arsed to look it up)

At this point I'm pretty sure Kelly and Trump could spit on a Gold Star family and she still wouldn't say it was disrespectful. If Trump mocking a war hero won't bring her to criticize the Orange One, then nothing will. 

I'm off to get dirt on DPIAT, which is a thousand times more interesting than someone who won't even answer basic questions. 

• Upvote 13

Yeah, well, we all know there are some poor little suckers out there who are simply starved for attention. IRL they can't get any, and they are so famished, so hungry, that in desperation they join random forums to get some. They don't even care what kind of attention they get, good or bad. They crave it so much, they will even egg you on, to go on, please, give me more... need more... pleeeeaaase... I needs it... prrrreciousssssss....

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

OMG! Maybe this is actually Jill Rod! We all know she would do literally anything for attention. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10

Okay, I have now done some reading about the dreaded pink weens. :martian-disgust: I think if I'm starving and my choices are pink weens or a random doom bucket, I'm going for the doom bucket. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

Okay, I have now done some reading about the dreaded pink weens. :martian-disgust: I think if I'm starving and my choices are pink weens or a random doom bucket, I'm going for the doom bucket. 

Whoa! Would you reconsider that?  Or maybe not.  They are both horrible choices, but let me take you back, back, back 30 or 40 years ago.  A relative was getting married and we went to Kentucky to meet the future in laws.  They raved about red-eye gravy and how good it was.  Red-eye gravy is the grease rendered from cooking bacon or ham.  The little bits of meat create a red eye in a pool of grease, and that's the red eye.  You pour that over biscuits and eat it.  It works best if you immediately go out and plow, slop hogs, bale hay, milk cows, feed chickens, can pickles, and so forth. 

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Howl said:

Whoa! Would you reconsider that?  Or maybe not.  They are both horrible choices, but let me take you back, back, back 30 or 40 years ago.  A relative was getting married and we went to Kentucky to meet the future in laws.  They raved about red-eye gravy and how good it was.  Red-eye gravy is the grease rendered from cooking bacon or ham.  The little bits of meat create a red eye in a pool of grease, and that's the red eye.  You pour that over biscuits and eat it.  It works best if you immediately go out and plow, slop hogs, bale hay, milk cows, feed chickens, can pickles, and so forth. 

My favorite gravy is cream gravy with lots of freshly ground black pepper. Preferably served over a large slab of homemade chicken fried steak and some garlic mashed potatoes. :56247955dd693_32(12):

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1