IGNORED

JinJer 28: Guns & Roses

Destiny

1 hour ago, kachuu said:

The aspect i like most about Jinger is you finally have a Duggar kid who, while still maintaining modesty and faith, can choose to go against her upbringing and wear pants. It would be super interesting to hear her discuss how she came to the conclusion of wearing pants. Like, did you always know that once you got out of the house, you'd wear pants? Or is this something you figured out after you got married?

And if you go against your parents with the whole pants thing, is there anything else that you disagree with?

It would be super interesting. But a truthful discussion/interview along those lines is never going to happen. Even if she were to 'open up' about these things, we would never be able to ascertain that what she was saying was the truth and not spin to suit the moment.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Kittikatz said:

Oh good grief. Pregnancy speculation from a torso shot is just OTT - Jinger is a Duggar. It's like Schrodinger's uterus with any female member of this family at any given time. 

OMD - mods, please make this a post count title (or whatever it's called)! 

2 hours ago, kachuu said:

It would be super interesting to hear her discuss how she came to the conclusion of wearing pants. Like, did you always know that once you got out of the house, you'd wear pants? Or is this something you figured out after you got married?

I'm guessing it may be related to Jeremy's sermon from December 18:  (quote from Inquisitr)

“It is your liberty as to whether you dress modestly with a modest pair of pants, or with a skirt, or with a T-shirt, or with a blouse,” Jeremy said during a December 18 sermon at Grace Community Church in Laredo, Texas. “It is not your liberty, women, to wear sensual, seductive clothing that is designed to draw the attention of your brothers.”

Some of the pregnancy speculation/pressure is over the top on IG. She posted a pic of being in an airplane and said "flying high" or something along those lines. Someone said "Flying high part 4 we're expecting!! ??? I think she could post a picture grocery shopping and folks would be all like "Shopping for crackers! That must mean she has morning sickness!" Or getting her car repaired. "Making the car safe for baby Vuolo!?" It's nuts.

56 minutes ago, scoutsadie said:

OMD - mods, please make this a post count title (or whatever it's called)! 

It already is a post count title. 

You can find threads about post count titles in the SOTDRT and Suggestion Box forums. Many of them make great rabbit holes.

3 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Some of the pregnancy speculation/pressure is over the top on IG. She posted a pic of being in an airplane and said "flying high" or something along those lines. Someone said "Flying high part 4 we're expecting!! ??? I think she could post a picture grocery shopping and folks would be all like "Shopping for crackers! That must mean she has morning sickness!" Or getting her car repaired. "Making the car safe for baby Vuolo!?" It's nuts.

Sometimes I get the feeling that at least 50% of the commenters on Duggars and Bates Instagrams are fundy/fundy lite teen and tween girls. So much naivete, bad grammar and spelling, and non-stop astonishment at the most banal things:

"OMG you took a picture of a dog? I have a dog! such an earth shattering coincidence"

"OMG u and Disney Princesses are my role models!"

"OMG your in Texas I once went to Texas I luv u so much I want to meet you someday why aren't you pregnant yet??"

"OMG  I can't believe it you are wearing a purple shirt I have a purple shirt too"

"OMG you are wearing basic beige flats they r so adorable where ever did you get them its so hard to be modest isn't it!!!"

I lose IQ points just looking at the comments.

33 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

"OMG  I can't believe it you are wearing a purple shirt I have a purple shirt too"

"I saw Jinger wearing army pants and flip flops, so I went out and bought army pants and flip flops."

"I hear Michelle's hair is insured for $10,000"

"One time Jessa punched me in the face. It was awesome."

57 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

If only I could trade IQ points for weight and then I'd volunteer to fall on that sword and read 'em for you. As it is I'm down 46 points on what I had, I can't loose any more!

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Sometimes I get the feeling that at least 50% of the commenters on Duggars and Bates Instagrams are fundy/fundy lite teen and tween girls. So much naivete, bad grammar and spelling, and non-stop astonishment at the most banal things:

"OMG you took a picture of a dog? I have a dog! such an earth shattering coincidence"

OMG I have a toothbrush - these people have a toothbrush 

I am in the camp that Jinger has a kid when she wants a kid or will adopt a kid 

Drop the mic 

1 hour ago, HarryPotterFan said:

THIS IS HILARIOUS 

ONE TIME Spurgeon punched me in the face

NO - ok he didn't 

7 hours ago, MadameOvary said:

It would be super interesting. But a truthful discussion/interview along those lines is never going to happen. Even if she were to 'open up' about these things, we would never be able to ascertain that what she was saying was the truth and not spin to suit the moment.

As I've said before, if Daddy/husband say pants are ok, then they are ok. It is ONLY at the ATI/IBLP events that they must wear the "uniform". They are encouraged to dress alike for "family unity" any time. Modest is just that--modest according to Dad or Husband. Remember, Anna Duggar's Mom goes to the public beach in an ordinary, if kind of frumpy, swim suit and cover-up----not a dress. For a while ATi/IBLP had a stint of girls doing ALERT-like training and they had to wear shorts (very long basketball shorts if I recall). \\

We went to a homeschool swim class with an ATI Mom who let her teenage daughter wear a normal tankini, albeit in a larger size that fit in, shall we say, a  more "traditional" manner. The girl came and went in jeans, but not skin tight ones.

Many. many, if not most, ATI/IBLP (Gothard) families are "skirts only." The Duggars banned shorts for the boys but I think that has been lost to history now, along with home-sewn jumpers.

Remember the ridiculous show where the Duggar girls were "called" (iirc) to get "Fire Skirts" made so they could pretend they were volunteering with the local fire department......

1 hour ago, HarryPotterFan said:

"I saw Jinger wearing army pants and flip flops, so I went out and bought army pants and flip flops."

"I hear Michelle's hair is insured for $10,000"

You beat me to it! 

On 28/07/2017 at 8:18 PM, Bugaboo said:

Jeremy just posted this 2 hours ago. Did they get a doggo or are they pet sitting? I hope its theirs. They can take care of a fur baby for awhile before "upgrading" to the two legged model.

IMG_20170728_221624.jpg

On 28/07/2017 at 8:24 PM, marmalade said:

No, they're in Philly. That's probably his parents' dog. 

In touch  (aka the sacred fount of Rufus ordained knowledge) is saying that they have puppies now? Is that a reference to this or did I miss something somewhere?

I think a pup might be good for them.  It might satisfy their 'nesting' needs and delay procreating for awhile longer.  But I worry that Jinger hasn't had a good role model for how to treat animals.  Hopefully Jeremy had pets growing up and would treat them better than what we have seen of the duggar animals.  But they do travel a lot so a pet could interfere with that. 

On 8/1/2017 at 2:41 PM, IReallyAmHopewell said:

The Duggars banned shorts for the boys but I think that has been lost to history now, along with home-sewn jumpers.

I don't remember any of the boys in shorts except Josh wearing knee length ones when he & his dad were trying to get in shape. Have any of the other male Duggars been spotted in shorts? 

Y'all are forgetting the most common IG comment:

Beckym2001: i love your family so much please post more. Does xxx have an instagram?

Sorry for my naive questi on - I obviously don't follow the Duggars enough. Are there any records of Jeremy beeing against planned parenthood or in favour of " as many as the Lord gives us" ? I know he never could have scored a Duggar if it wasn't so but did he actually ever say/write/preach it?

On 8/1/2017 at 3:38 PM, SapphireSlytherin said:

I'm guessing it may be related to Jeremy's sermon from December 18:  (quote from Inquisitr)

OMG Jeremy is so liberal and open minded. 

On 7/29/2017 at 1:07 AM, Chewing Gum said:

Since I'm Dutch I eat a lot of cheese, but I wondered if you only have ages/extra ages cheese there? Because the "young" version of it is my favorite but since most of it is imported (i think), it would be kind of hard to get a hold on some young cheese (6 weeks ripened!). 

Generally speaking the US doesn't recognize geographic indication of source, which is why they can brew something called Budweiser in St. Louis (and not České Budéjevice). You can buy a lot of cheeses called Gruyere or Gouda and they come from Wisconsin. Most of the imported Greyeres and Goudas I've seen are aged. 

11 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

A Becky comment would also have "please tell so-and-so to respond to my DM" somewhere in it.

Yep. Good effort from @HarleyQuinnthough. I give it one and a half talons up. 

2 hours ago, subsaharanafrica said:

Generally speaking the US doesn't recognize geographic indication of source, which is why they can brew something called Budweiser in St. Louis (and not České Budéjevice).

That could happen in Germany as well, but we do have some special labels who only products produced in that area can carry. AFAIK it is a EU wide label. 

This is the proper thing, all of the necessary production must take place in the area mentioned, the blue one means that only some parts need to happen there. We have for example some special pigs who live here and if you buy meat from them, the label is on there. They are born/breed/slaughtered here. (Schwäbisch-Hällische Schweine - for those who want to Google).

Spoiler

593px-EU-Gemeinschaftszeichen_gU.svg.png

31 minutes ago, Gobbles said:

That could happen in Germany as well, but we do have some special labels who only products produced in that area can carry. AFAIK it is a EU wide label. 

This is the proper thing...

Hide contents

593px-EU-Gemeinschaftszeichen_gU.svg.png

Exactly. The US doesn't enforce or even recognize that and it's the single biggest stumbling block in he EU-US trade agreement negotiations. *If an American producer wants to create and sell Parma ham in, say, Ohio, they are more than welcome to do so. 

*Unless someone has registered Parma ham as a trademark or the like.  There are a few exceptions where geographic indications are protected but it's under different reasoning than it is in the EU. 

ETA: As alluded it in my earlier post, the Budweiser problem is the perfect example of the issue. Over 100 years ago Augustus Busch of St. Louis Missouri paid a brewery in České Budejovice, then the Austro-Hungarian empire, for a license to sell beer under the name Budweiser.

The EU considers the term Budweiser to be a geographic indication of source and specifically mean a beer that is brewed in the town of České Budejovice. Geographic indications of source cannot be licensed so the original agreement is void. Anheuser-Busch (now InBev) cannot sell their beer under the name of Budweiser in the EU because it is a protected indication of source.

In the US InBev owns the trademark on the name Budweiser for beer because of the licensing agreement. No one else can call their beer Budweiser and if you want to import beer actually brewed in České Budejovice it has to be called something else (such as Czechvar). 

On 1/8/2017 at 2:08 PM, HarryPotterFan said:

We know Ben, we know. :pb_lol:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived